As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Xbox Live Thread] - go to the new thread!

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Since it came up elsewhere, I've got to ask:

Has there been anything cool done for Smartglass lately? Or anything cool done for Smartglass at all? That whole thing seemed to vanish quick.

Nope. I'd wait for windows 10 to really see anything new coming down the pipes for it as well. Though I still wouldn't expect anything that's not console exclusive to support it robustly.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    It's nice for typing stuff in.

No I don't.
  • Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    I use it as a universal remote for the TV I have hooked up through my Xbox more than I thought it would.

I also use it in some apps that aren't super kinect friendly as a pseudo controller, but yea, there isn't much gameplay application to it.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    wunderbar wrote: »
    I use it as a universal remote for the TV I have hooked up through my Xbox more than I thought it would.

I also use it in some apps that aren't super kinect friendly as a pseudo controller, but yea, there isn't much gameplay application to it.

When it worked in Dead Rising 3 it was great. But it wasn't always 100% synced for me due to my phone going into hibernate.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Sling tv app is out today. 1 month free, providing it even loads. It isnt for me

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Since it came up elsewhere, I've got to ask:

Has there been anything cool done for Smartglass lately? Or anything cool done for Smartglass at all? That whole thing seemed to vanish quick.

The Destiny app is a pretty strong contender for the whole "2nd screen" thing. It improves the functionality of the game dramatically, while having several functions that the game itself CAN'T do as of yet.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Last update let you view clips directly from the app which is cool. Not much else though.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    How do you get screenshots from the xboner on to the forums? I've tried using onedrive which seem to say that I have "1 picture" stored but when I open the folder - its empty, the fuck?

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Sirialis wrote: »
    How do you get screenshots from the xboner on to the forums? I've tried using onedrive which seem to say that I have "1 picture" stored but when I open the folder - its empty, the fuck?
    I use Twitter, seems to be the easiest way

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular

What worked for me was sharing the screenshot to twitter.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    ... So the long awaited screenshot ability lacks even basic features? For fucks sake Microsoft.

Seems like a nobrainer to get Onedrive to upload screenshots directly or at least being able to access them on Xbox.com. (you can access them on xbox.com, but its low res PNG files that are easily worse than my phone shots)

I guess I could just continue to use my phone for game pictures which I've been doing for months already.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    @Sirialis For me, it made a folder called "Xbox Screenshots" underneath your "Pictures" folder. It should be there.

Alternatively you can just grab your screenshots from xbox.com pretty easily, though lower quality, as you say.

Zilla360 on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Because there's no place else to put this: Conker's back!

https://youtu.be/ag1sC68A2JA

...in episodic Project Spark form. Team Dakota (the Project Spark guys) is doing this, but supposedly Rare's helping. And Chris Seavor's back to voice him.

Potentially cool stuff, though seeing how Killer Instinct turned out makes me a bit wary.

By the way, what's the current state of Project Spark? Is there a lot of cool stuff on there?

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    sockssocks Registered User regular
    Because there's no place else to put this: Conker's back!

https://youtu.be/ag1sC68A2JA

...in episodic Project Spark form. Team Dakota (the Project Spark guys) is doing this, but supposedly Rare's helping. And Chris Seavor's back to voice him.

Potentially cool stuff, though seeing how Killer Instinct turned out makes me a bit wary.

By the way, what's the current state of Project Spark? Is there a lot of cool stuff on there?

What do you mean by this? I love the Killer Instinct remake.

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Yeah that confused me a bit because KI turned out to be a goddamn excellent fighter (at least on launch)

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Not played it, but yeah I've only really heard good things about KI.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    I am confused about what Project Spark is. It's not just a set of tools?

And yes, KI has turned out quite good, even after changing developers between seasons.

• Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    It was Microsoft's answer to Minecraft. For a brief time.

They want to use it to bring kids into software development.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    I am confused about what Project Spark is. It's not just a set of tools?

And yes, KI has turned out quite good, even after changing developers between seasons.

From what I've seen, it's a set of tool that you can purchase sets for (which act as both more assets and demos of their use) but I believe it also requires a subscription on Xbone and is free on Win8/10 (and is cross compatible).

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    Killer Instinct is one of the most technically beautiful fighters I have ever played but it certainly isn't for the main stream button mashers. It is lacking the amazing amount of extra content that MK9 had but the actual fighting system is the best I've ever seen.

• Options
    I thought people hated the microtransaction part of KI? Ah well.

• Options

You mean only buying the characters that you want to use? Nothing wrong with that at all.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    KI doesn't really appeal to the mass market. It's very good technically, but it's not going to be universally beloved.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options

You mean only buying the characters that you want to use? Nothing wrong with that at all.

Oh right, I forgot I'm the only silly person who likes to play around with every included fighter. Carry on.

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Poor conker. It'll just be the bones with no soul, and the typical Project Spark clunky gameplay.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular

Oh right, I forgot I'm the only silly person who likes to play around with every included fighter. Carry on.

Then you pay $20 and get all of 'em.

• Options
    sockssocks Registered User regular

I can see some people not liking the payment structure. It's great if you want to spend $20 for all of the characters. But, buying one at a time could be quite expensive. It does have flexibility though. I can also see some people having issues with the roster size.

I was just curious. You can have your opinions. :)

• Options

Given the base price is... y'know... free and then you have the option of buying all the characters, not really sure I follow your logic here?

• Options
    edited March 2015
    It's a very interesting experiment: the game allows you to try a rotating fighter for free and if you fall in love with him or her you can buy just that and be happy. Or, if you are more invested it getting good at the game, you spend $20 out of the gate per season and have everyone. This also makes sequential updates easier to swallow because they aren't as expensive.

This may not work for bigger name fighting games (Street Fighter) but for a niche fighter, and as much as I like KI it is a niche fighter, it makes sense.

chamberlain on
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    I'd argue that KI is actually more open to a casual button mashing session than MK99, due to the way combos function and the way they're set up being a relatively easy thing to do. The controls also feel less funky than MK9 did, and goddamn Double Helix actually bothered with a really good tutorial and training mode.
    Seems to gravitate a little closer to the Tekken side of easy-to-play-difficult-to-master scale.

That said, definitely light on the content, but the polish on what's there is sickrad.

• Options
    I like KI a lot but online is, like lots of fighting games, hard to get into.

Conker needs a proper sequel or remake and not this Project Spark crap. I am sorry but I feels like a lame attempt to draw in older audience to Project Spark.

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    I like KI a lot but online is, like lots of fighting games, hard to get into.

Conker needs a proper sequel or remake and not this Project Spark crap. I am sorry but I feels like a lame attempt to draw in older audience to Project Spark.

One of these days I need to find someone on my friends list and just grind out those friend, exibition, and beat 6 dudes achievements as well as the Supreme victory online.

I mostly just have fun beating up the computer while drinking Michalob ULTRA!!!!!!!!!

*cough*
    I'll show myself out.

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Killer Instinct uses the same model as league of Legends. Which is one of the most massively successful games of all time. Say what you want about the gameplay, but the business model has been shown to work.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Ziggurat is a pretty sweet game. The final boss does an attack that grinds the FPS in the game down to single digits, though... Managed to beat it after a few tries thanks to porcupine grenades. Technical issues aside, its a pretty sweet rogue-like thing. It reminds me of Unreal Tournement meets Binding of Isaac(minus the beautiful weirdness) in a fantasy setting.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Ziggurat is a pretty sweet game. The final boss does an attack that grinds the FPS in the game down to single digits, though... Managed to beat it after a few tries thanks to porcupine grenades. Technical issues aside, its a pretty sweet rogue-like thing. It reminds me of Unreal Tournement meets Binding of Isaac(minus the beautiful weirdness) in a fantasy setting.

So, I looked at the screens for that, saw the cards, and was like "nope." What do the cards do?

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    The cards are perks. Every time you level up you get to pick a new perk from two choices. There is a perk call bookworm that lets you choose from three instead of two perks. There's lots of helpful stuff like increasing your mana pools, and earning more XP from enemies.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    I'll admit I'm kinda excited from a presentation point of view of the new character coming to KI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79WjCCxHzHw
    Hmmmmm ghost girl...you will be my deadly waifu of battle

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Next month's Gurms With Gurld have been announced:
    http://majornelson.com/2015/03/26/xbox-live-games-with-gold-for-april-2015-double-the-games/?linkId=13145225

Xbox One gets:
    Pool Nation FX and Child Of Light (which is super awesome)

Xbox 360 gets:
    Terraria, Gears of War Judg(e)ment
    and
    Assassin's Creed: Black Flag, Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel

forumsig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    For a second I thought it was the Xbox One Terraria.

I already got the 360 one and for some reason they really marked the XO edition up in price here for whats basically a resolution upgrade.

Great game and one I'd really recommend if you dont already have it, also a bit addictive if you like building stuff and get better gear.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Well, cool. Never did play that Gears of War game. I was a bit tired of the series by the end there.

Already played through Black Flag on PC, but my brother should be happy since he's enjoyed some of the AC games and was a huge fan of Pirates! back in the day.