As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MLP: Half the ponies, twice the excitement! Season 5 in Spring 2015!!!

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    My first big regret about moving...
    Lack of other pony players.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    TetraNitroCubaneTetraNitroCubane The Djinnerator At the bottom of a bottleRegistered User regular
    Looks like we've got some specifics on the Crystal Games expansion for the CCG.
    Enterplay has just announced the release dates for The Crystal Games. Release dates for Theme Decks is set for 11/21, and Booster Packs for 12/5. Each Theme Deck will have two Mane Characters - One special foil featured in the window and one regular card behind it. Spike pairs with "Bubbly Mare (AKA Derpy)" and the CMC pair with Princess Cadance. We've been told that she has 3 roles in this release - Equestrian Mailmare, Bubbly Mare and we are wondering what the third appearance might be?

Pre-release is scheduled for 11/14, details are scarce, but Enterplay is promising at least as many locations as for Canterlot Nights and maybe more.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    The Princess of Pink! Nice.

The CMC one sounds interesting and thematic, definitely not something that's going to flip early. Could be cool, though, especially since it has all three base pony types.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    InfamyDeferredInfamyDeferred Registered User regular
  • Options
    TetraNitroCubaneTetraNitroCubane The Djinnerator At the bottom of a bottleRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Dare we hope? DARE WE?
    Hasbro Studios has given the greenlight to a “My Little Pony” movie, with plans to release the animated film in 2017.

The film will join “Jem and the Holograms” as the first to be produced through Allspark Pictures, a new label through which the company will self-finance or pair up with other companies to co-finance a slate of film projects.

Hasbro Studios will take the reigns of “My Little Pony,” producing and financing it in-house. It is in discussion with studios to release the film “on the broadest possible number of screens,” said Stephen Davis, president of Hasbro Studios and global entertainment and licensing for Hasbro Inc. “We’ve very excited about the potential of that movie.”

TetraNitroCubane on
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Huh, if they are planning a movie all the way in 2017 does that mean....

Season 6 will happen?

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    Wait.... Hasbro named their internal studio Allspark?

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    There's really not enough details to know at this point, for sure. It sounds promising, particularly with Meghan involved, but it could be any of a number of things.

Hasbro is known to reboot and spin off series on a regular basis. FiM has been unique in how long it's lasted. This could be something completely different than FiM.

Now, granted, FiM has been a huge cash cow for Hasbro and I think they know that. I'm just saying that until we know more, this movie could go in any of a number of directions.

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    That's... um... certainly a level of commitment.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Crimany. That seems a little presumptuous.

I don't even know what I'll be doing next week, let alone 2025.

TetraNitroCubane on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    ...Is that a little beyond optimism, or what?

• Options
    InfamyDeferredInfamyDeferred Registered User regular
    They might have to rename it BronyLunchAtDennysThenMaybeLaserTag at that point. But I also figure anyone who's been going to a convention for 10+ years, presumably well after the show's ended, would mostly be going to see their friends in person anyway.

• Options
    They might have to rename it BronyLunchAtDennysThenMaybeLaserTag at that point. But I also figure anyone who's been going to a convention for 10+ years, presumably well after the show's ended, would mostly be going to see their friends in person anyway.

What if.......

What if Gen 5 started airing and it's just as good as FiM?

• Options
    edited October 2014

To be honest, most of the people I know who go to any pony convention do it just to see friends. If they aren't holding their own panel, then they're usually just bumming around together having a good time, rather than going to any of the events.

You can only sit through the VAs being asked the same questions so many times, I suppose.

TetraNitroCubane on
  • Options
    RuldarRuldar Registered User regular
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    tumblr_ndr9xhTEUB1s0sz7go1_1280.png
    tumblr_ndr9xhTEUB1s0sz7go2_1280.png

If you haven't heard, Fluffle Puff has started updating again, asking the hard questions.

tumblr_ndiq0aK7vj1tdc89ao2_1280.png

Steamquestria's also updated lately, bringing everyone's favorite BBBFF into it's panels.

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Luna Afterdark is still awesome. They update like once a week.

tumblr_ncj8bhcFru1sy8ni7o3_1280.png

Stabbity Style on
    Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    An extended preview of the next Friends Forever is up at ED. Looks like it's getting some fans riled up judging by the comments.
    While Iron Will's approach isn't exactly as peaceful as it should be, the M6 minus Fluttershy DO come off as a little unnecessarily antagonistic themselves towards him. Especially seeing as RD, AJ and Twilight weren't around (if I recall correctly anyway) during Will's episode.

EDIT: CBR has the pages at a proper reading size. Here's what got folks talking.
    MLP-FF-10-pr-5-355a7.jpg
    MLP-FF-10-pr-6-13802.jpg
    MLP-FF-10-pr-7-7fe92.jpg

Owenashi on
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Iron Will seemed to be right. He wasn't angry, he was loud and assertive, which is what he does. But yeah, mane 6 was a bit too antagonistic about it.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    It's easy to confuse loud and assertive with loud and aggressive, especially if you are working off of secondhand information like RD, AJ and Twilight would be. They weren't around in the episode, true, but it's pretty unlikely that Rarity or Pinkie wouldn't have filled them in on the events that went down.

And seriously, Iron Will just wandered through town shouting "Where is Fluttershy!", I can hardly blame them for thinking she needs protection.

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    found a thing, not sure how old it is, but here's the reference
    ponybookfort_zps623a6485.png

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Pony comics for January 2015!

Y9W7rxm.jpg
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic #27
    Katie Cook (w) • Andy Price (a) • Price, Tony Fleecs (c)
    Timberwolves invade Ponyville! They’re just the start of the troubles for our ponies though as many other mystical creatures emerge from Everfree Forest. What could be causing the mass migration and how can the balance of nature be restored?
    FC • 32 pages • $3.99
    • New story arc from Katie Cook and Andy Price!
    • Variant Cover by Paulina Ganucheau!

QhkKtrH.jpgWCVzepN.jpg
    My Little Pony: Friends Forever #13
    Jeremy Whitley (w) • Agnes Garbowska (a) • Amy Mebberson (c)
    When Sweetie Belle gets sick, it’s up to big sis Rarity to entertain Babs Seed on a visit to Manehattan. The only problem is the two seemingly have nothing in common! Will the two find a way to overcome their differences and find a way to have fun in the big city?
    FC • 32 pages • $3.99

My Little Pony: Friends Forever #13—Subscription Variant
    Jeremy Whitley (w) • Agnes Garbowska (a & c)
    FC • 32 pages • $3.99

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, Vol. 6
    Ted Anderson, Jeremy Whitley (w) • Agnes Garbowska, Amy Mebberson, Brenda Hickey (a) • Agnes Garbowska (c)
    Applejack, Rarity, and Fluttershy visit Manehattan to see Trixie's magic show. Meanwhile, in Ponyville, the ponies' pets, Angel, Owlicious, Gummy, Tank, Winona, and Opal must save the day. Plus, Discord takes the Cutie Mark Crusaders on a trip through time!
    TPB • FC • $17.99 • 104 pages • ISBN: 978-1-63140-203-6
    • Collects issues #21–24.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    Super old, but still awesome. And I never knew about the meme it came from, so the post is still relevant to my interests.

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
  • Options
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    Super old, but still awesome. And I never knew about the meme it came from, so the post is still relevant to my interests.

Red lobster and Dog Fort!

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    An Everfree Forest comic arc? Neat.

• Options
    MEVyB4N.png

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    For? Shouldn't it be from?

• Options
    I think it's correct, actually. If you have one opponent, you choose one color. If you have two (multiplayer, ho!), you pick two. Since your opponent doesn't have a color itself, and so it lets you pick whatever you're building your deck around.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Ah ok. When the card mentioned opponents I thought it was talking about the enemies friends in play.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Ever since the Celestial Solstice Twilight Mane has been revealed on both sides, I've not been sure what to think about her. She allows three color entry quite trivially, which means bonkers possibilities for toolbox type decks. Heck, even if you're just running solid purple control, she can allow you to splash white for Stand Still, or pink for various removal, while not spreading yourself too thin.

However boosting her is going to require running a lot of entry friends in order to be viable and reliable. I'm not sure if it's worth sacrificing the deck space to ensure that you'll be able to go off. The current meta is busted when it comes to fast play. I'm not sure if Twilight's benefits here are going to dethrone DJ any time soon, seeing as DJ essentially provides 3 Pink reliably without any need to consume deck space.

TetraNitroCubane on
  • Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Cover art for comic issue 26:

F4EbrLS.jpg

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Dammit Pinkie, ponies drink from there!

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Oh wow. That's also going to be a fun arc.

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
  • Options
    The 14 Coolest Things from the Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks Commentary

One interesting tidbit..
    -The kitchen scene with Twilight and Sunset was a last minute addition that plays such a key role to building a trust between them.

Give whoever decided to add on that scene a cookie.

• Options
    Especially with that cameo at the end of it.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Incidentally, I'm at Nightmare Nights Dallas again this year. I might not post as much about it this time, I'm having phone battery charge issues.

• Options
    Ooh, look what finally turned up today via international mail!

VegLqPv.jpg
    n5XAHD9.jpg
    S82iikD.jpg
    QD0nIqg.jpg

The books are nice hardbacks.

YxZ0hGu.jpg

Each with a colour frontispiece.

v2760Th.jpg

The 'By the same author' page gives us a list of the canon Daring Doo books:

XKeNV2J.jpg

And each book has a glossary in the back.

r6r9Yc3.jpg

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.