As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MLP: Half the ponies, twice the excitement! Season 5 in Spring 2015!!!

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Alright, in two days, I've managed to gather six of the eight mcdonalds pony toys for this year.

None of mine have had DJ Pon-3, luna, or Celestia. I did pick up Rainbow Dash though.

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    I was thinking about picking up a McDonalds toy, but then I looked at them and lost all interest.

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    In those Funko blind bag boxes I have now gotten a Spitfire, Pinkie Pie, Octavia, and DJ PON-3. They are all the black variants but they look nice and have no brushy brushy aspect (I don't have the patience to make them show accurate)

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Well, admittedly the McD's toys have the brushy aspect, but only the tails.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    PAX PONY REPORT!
    Had a great time at PAX, met up with @Agoaj and gave him some pony swag! In return he gave me some buttons from Hamster Drop! My friend saw how cute the hamster button was and gave it to her! Thanks brah!

On the pony tournament side Friday night was a bit excited/overwhelming. The first tournament was a sealed deck type game. Get 7 packs, open em, make a deck of 30 cards with 5 problems. Put in 10 blue with a fabulous pull of RDWW!!! Put in some yellow, no color requirements of purple/diamond/pink and alright good to go.......ended with 2-3 that night. Clearly people know how to make a better deck than I. Got a booster pack for my troubles, though I think the first place winners got Promo Foil #7: Nightmare Moon Troublemaker card.

Saturday Morning was the custom deck tourney and yeah...0-3. (You tried @pikepuff but I didn't have good cards!) On the plus side since only 4 people entered we all got great prizes like 4 boosters and one UR. I managed to pull a Fluttershy Monster Tamer from the pile!

And lastly Sunday, where I only entered to get Pikapuffs card. Felt a bit bad just leaving without participating but the judge said it was allowed. He also mentioned a raffle that day, somehow when I came back to the area he just started to pick names. Four prizes on the table: Promo foil #7, A TCG card signed by Andrea Libman(Voice of Pinkie and Fluttershy), a TCG card signed by Nicole Oliver (Voice of Sunbutt) and the uncut sheet of all the cards. Of course the first dude who got picked choose the promo card BUT my name was chosen second and I snatched that Pinkie Pie Autograph card right up.

So all in all, it was a good experience. Though the people running the tourney were a bit elitist, not sure how else to say it without sounding like a dick...

Oh and fuck Rarity Mane card.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Riokenn wrote: »
    PAX PONY REPORT!
    Had a great time at PAX, met up with @Agoaj and gave him some pony swag! In return he gave me some buttons from Hamster Drop! My friend saw how cute the hamster button was and gave it to her! Thanks brah!

On the pony tournament side Friday night was a bit excited/overwhelming. The first tournament was a sealed deck type game. Get 7 packs, open em, make a deck of 30 cards with 5 problems. Put in 10 blue with a fabulous pull of RDWW!!! Put in some yellow, no color requirements of purple/diamond/pink and alright good to go.......ended with 2-3 that night. Clearly people know how to make a better deck than I. Got a booster pack for my troubles, though I think the first place winners got Promo Foil #7: Nightmare Moon Troublemaker card.

Saturday Morning was the custom deck tourney and yeah...0-3. (You tried @pikepuff but I didn't have good cards!) On the plus side since only 4 people entered we all got great prizes like 4 boosters and one UR. I managed to pull a Fluttershy Monster Tamer from the pile!

And lastly Sunday, where I only entered to get Pikapuffs card. Felt a bit bad just leaving without participating but the judge said it was allowed. He also mentioned a raffle that day, somehow when I came back to the area he just started to pick names. Four prizes on the table: Promo foil #7, A TCG card signed by Andrea Libman(Voice of Pinkie and Fluttershy), a TCG card signed by Nicole Oliver (Voice of Sunbutt) and the uncut sheet of all the cards. Of course the first dude who got picked choose the promo card BUT my name was chosen second and I snatched that Pinkie Pie Autograph card right up.

So all in all, it was a good experience. Though the people running the tourney were a bit elitist, not sure how else to say it without sounding like a dick...

I would have picked the uncut sheet, but we all have different values~ judging by your avatar that signed card is definitely worth it. whereas i play a billion TCG so the uncut sheet is worth it to me. Thanks for getting the promo for me. I dunno what to say about your report, but you seem really really really lucky with all your pulls and prizes. makes me wanna play mlp at pax prime all weekend, but i know I won't be as lucky as you

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    RuldarRuldar Registered User regular
    hydra_vs__shield__equestria_style_by_harwicks_art-d7egled.jpg

+0.5 internets to whoever guesses the reference being made here.

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Marvel Comics reference

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    A friend of mine about a year ago was talking about bronies and said if his boys wanted to watch ponies he would do something to fix 'em.
    He's just made this shirt.
    mQGyMENl.png
    It has not been other kids that have been the problem, it's been adults. Adults at the supermarket making fun of his son's Pinkie Pie doll till he cried. Adults at McDonalds reminding him that these toys are for girls.

If I knew he wanted a shirt I could have picked one up at PAX.

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    PAX PONY REPORT!

I would have picked the uncut sheet, but we all have different values~ judging by your avatar that signed card is definitely worth it. whereas i play a billion TCG so the uncut sheet is worth it to me. Thanks for getting the promo for me. I dunno what to say about your report, but you seem really really really lucky with all your pulls and prizes. makes me wanna play mlp at pax prime all weekend, but i know I won't be as lucky as you

You should enter, it seemed that the entry fee would buy you an equal amount of booster packs+door prize(promo)+finishing prize. Either way it was a fun time and now I understand the game perfectly.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2014
    @Nocren I tried looking for the promo at PAX, but I came up empty. The company that makes the game didn't have their own booth there, and their facebook wasn't helpful about whether or not they were passing them out.

I think tournament players might have gotten some? But I don't play, so that probably wouldn't have ended well. Sorry dude! Maybe I'll have better luck next year.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    It's cool. Maybe I can get a jump on something at Prime from someone that's actually going (unemployment sucks).

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Just saw this go by on twitter:

spitfire_by_dimfann-d6ub0ad.png
    Source.

• Options
    Let's go for three posts in a row...

Friendship Is Magic 04 P5 (that long-running anime-ish comic).

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    FURRIES RECRUITING AT HIGH SCHOOLS VIA LOCAL CONCERTS

HAVE YOUR CHILDREN BEEN LED ASTRAY BY THESE EQUINE-THEMED PIED PIPERS?

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Shit is getting SO real in Three Apples.

tumblr_n46stxlbwu1scx7aoo1_1280.png

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options

what did that used to be? because it's been copyright hosed by hasbro

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular

It was an Equestria Girls 2 clip/teaser thing.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    edited April 2014

The DJ PON-3 one is still the best in my opinion. Probably because it didn't have a transformation sequence.

Which I do hope Equestria Girls 2 is going to expand on. Music's fun and all, but surely there are some things worth exploring in the fact that the girls now regularly grow pony ears and wings.

WotanAnubis on
  • Options

Apparently these shorts aren't from EQG2. I don't know who to believe in anymore.

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular

Apparently these shorts aren't from EQG2. I don't know who to believe in anymore.

They're not from the actual EG2 movie itself, no, they're original material to promote it and set up the story. Apparently the EG2 book that came out recently is an adaptation of these shorts rather than the film itself too. The video I posted was probably meant to be one of the last shorts, but seems it mistakenly got released early on a foreign language Youtube channel.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options

They're not from the actual EG2 movie itself, no, they're original material to promote it and set up the story. Apparently the EG2 book that came out recently is an adaptation of these shorts rather than the film itself too. The video I posted was probably meant to be one of the last shorts, but seems it mistakenly got released early on a foreign language Youtube channel.

Just.....give me a good enough reason for Twilight to travel back Hasbro...

• Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    She made a spell, aka MLP's "A wizard did it."

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    Well, she IS a wizard.

Of sorts

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Nocren wrote: »
    Well, she IS a wizard.

Of sorts

A princess wizard.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    Yes, but she's no Starswirl

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    In a perfect sequel we would see how Sunset Shimmer is doing to become a better person with the help of the human counterparts. We would see the humanized gang seek out human Twilight to see if they can befriend her. We would see Sunset take the lead role in the rock band they put together and lead them to victory.

But she's no pony princess. Girls love pony princesses....

• Options
    EvilCakeEvilCake Richmond VARegistered User regular
    Pony princess or gtfo

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »
    Yes, but she's no Starswirl

9ud8NB9.png

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    In a perfect sequel we would see how Sunset Shimmer is doing to become a better person with the help of the human counterparts. We would see the humanized gang seek out human Twilight to see if they can befriend her. We would see Sunset take the lead role in the rock band they put together and lead them to victory.

But she's no pony princess. Girls love pony princesses....

It is still crazy to me that they found (made?) a character that essentially had Twilight Sparkle's name.

• Options
    She was the Proto-Twilight, but Celestia found her to be defective and decided to trade in for a model she could raise herself.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Oh noooooooo I bought a couple of vinyl figures over the weekend at a toy show and then went into Hot Topic today and got a couple Twilights for me and my friend with the BOGO 50% off sale.

Then I found out there was no Rarity yet and I was very cross.

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    PAX is over, time to really catch up
    y6oz0d2vove1.png

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    Wait, Season 6?

HOW LONG WAS I AT PAX?

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    So new episode? Yay or Neigh?

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Nothing great. Both the A and B plots don't really go anywhere, and the moral was really contrived/forced when it could have been easily done in a more subtle manner. I feel like this episode could have been great if they were more ambitious (I was expecting more anyways), but you just end up with three subpar plots.

YL9WnCY.png
This discussion has been closed.