As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steven Universe] 1. THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU WANT TO SAY 2. SAY IT

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    TankHammer wrote: »
    A Steven/Amethyst fusion would spend all day on the boardwalk eating fried things and playing videogames.

Or itd be Rygar!

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I think between this, Gravity Falls, Adventure Time, and Regular Show, animation has come back for me in a really big way.

Like I can't stop thinking about all the cool adventures and powers we might see in future episodes. Oh man, what do you think Pearl/Garnet is like? And what singer will voice them?

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    GQQtgHx.jpg

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    I think between this, Gravity Falls, Adventure Time, and Regular Show, animation has come back for me in a really big way.

Like I can't stop thinking about all the cool adventures and powers we might see in future episodes. Oh man, what do you think Pearl/Garnet is like? And what singer will voice them?

What's interesting is that all these lead people like Penn ward and Alex Hirsch were classmates at CalArts.
    I'm pretty sure I heard it mentioned here or there. If not that, it was at least association by 2degrees tops.

"I know a guy..."

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options

Imo Pearl/Garnet is Sapphire and shes a hard nose general type that uses an american gladitor stick and is voiced by Tiffany

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular

What's interesting is that all these lead people like Penn ward and Alex Hirsch were classmates at CalArts.
    I'm pretty sure I heard it mentioned here or there. If not that, it was at least association by 2degrees tops.

"I know a guy..."

Alex Hirsch was a year or so behind Pen Ward and J.G. Quintel according to an interview I heard on the Gravity Falls Gossiper. Tons of incredible talent come out of CalArts but there was a cluster of years there where some real magic happened, apparently.

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    bahaha

Rewatching Tiger Millionaire. I think this is the funniest episode out of what we've had so far.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Oh man.

Indirect Kiss was really good.

This show is so good!
    More Connie is always fun.

Also holy shit, he has healing saliva! That's cool!

And gross, but it fits Steven pretty well.

The bits with Amethyst getting worse and worse were possibly the most unsettling thing to happen to any of them thus far.

Goatmon on

• Options
    Also I am absolutely loving the music they go with whenever we get a setting that's related to Rose.

First the Hill, then her room, and now the fountain. They're all so nice to listen to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFQfOOwrigw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzegoYaGaa4

• Options
    blegh, durian juice?! I feel bile in the back of my throat. durian itself is foul, I can't imagine what rancidness the juice is.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    I totally get why Connie freaked out. Ive had glasses so long itd be freaky to just suddenly not need them. Itd be like losing an ear

• Options
    but yes, the show was fantastic. Also, the indirect vibe about Rose's Legacy. Rose Quartz was the rock star of Gems that everyone looked up to. Everyone expects Steven to fill her shoes, and that's got to be a lot of pressure he's feeling now that he's starting to grow into more powers.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Yeah. I mean, all of the other gems have a specialty of sorts

But they all talk about Rose like she was Queen Serenity.

The kid's got awfully big shoes to fill.

Goatmon on

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    So does anybody else think that the gems
    are artificial life-forms? I mean, that whole glitching stuff Amethyst was doing definitely didn't seem natural...

• Options
    blegh, durian juice?! I feel bile in the back of my throat. durian itself is foul, I can't imagine what rancidness the juice is.

Isn't durian that super stinky fruit that actually tastes ok that was banned from being consumed on Japanese public transit or am I crazy.

Also, I'll be making THE FUCK out of a

*Steven Intensifies* gif tomorrow night.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular

Isn't durian that super stinky fruit that actually tastes ok that was banned from being consumed on Japanese public transit or am I crazy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durian
    Anthony Bourdain, a lover of durian, relates his encounter with the fruit thus: "Its taste can only be described as...indescribable, something you will either love or despise. ...Your breath will smell as if you'd been French-kissing your dead grandmother." Travel and food writer Richard Sterling says: "Its odor is best described as pig-shit, turpentine and onions, garnished with a gym sock. It can be smelled from yards away. Despite its great local popularity, the raw fruit is forbidden from some establishments such as hotels, subways and airports, including public transportation in Southeast Asia."

Other comparisons have been made with the civet, sewage, stale vomit, skunk spray and used surgical swabs.

• Options
    I can remember that, but struggle with my nephews name.

I am a horrible uncle.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    AbracaD, can you make a gif of that magical clip of Steven when he first tries to heal Amethyst at the beach?

Goatmon on

• Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2014
    So does anybody else think that the gems
    are artificial life-forms? I mean, that whole glitching stuff Amethyst was doing definitely didn't seem natural...

On the gems and monsters...
    Didn't they previously go into how their bodies are just constructs to make them more relatable? The gems are literally their gems projecting their body out. Thus when the gem was cracked she started losing her ability to control it.
    Also why the centipeetle took a human form before it switched back to the monster.

Morkath on
  • Options
    It's possible that the gems take on different forms to blend with the locals.

Either way, I assume the bodies are natural projections of themselves. Without them it'd be difficult to get around or do much of anything.

• Options
    I think you could argue the Gems are some kind of ancient magic computer.

Oh half hour next week. Mirror Gem and Ocean Gem.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    this show is absolutely fantastic

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Im tempted to buy the comic.

I need more dammnit

• Options
    GlaziusGlazius Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    AbracaD, can you make a gif of that magical clip of Steven when he first tries to heal Amethyst at the beach?

That is the most magical clip.

If you described the Crystal Gems' powers to people and told them there was only one boy on the team, pretty much nobody would peg it as the one with pink flower shields and healing.

• Options
    Just rewatched this and monster buddies.

The Centipeedle had Stevens star iris as it saved him. he really almost got through. Manly tears were shed

Also does anyone else thing the fountain jumpstarted Stevens healing power?-

• Options
    6ZJBNuO.png

9Mw5dBy.png

04rZ83C.png

q4SoaZK.png

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    pearl's reactions to when everything goes horribly wrong never fails to put a smile on my face

especially the birthday episode

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    This weeks on Steven Universe:
    Steven tries to cry on a ladies boobs

• Options
    I have a theory on the Gems...its a bit weird I know but bear with me.
    So ok...we know there are all of these Gem Battlefields and tons of gem monsters. What if like the Gems were created by beings, maybe Wizards or gods or what have you, to fight their battles? The actual gems hold the magic that keep them together and grant them their powers?

• Options
    I kinda went on a marathon last night & today
    Based on Serious Steven
    there may have been some kind of civil war among the Gems, based on some of the pictograms in the death trap pyramid

Hopefully some Gem history will be brought up in the next couple eps!

• Options
    Thats what I'm thinking
    Whatever or whomever created the gems did so to battle each other. Like how Planeswalkers do in Magic the Gathering

• Options
    Mirror gem at least will focus a bit on Gem lore.

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    I was watching the marathon today after only catching a couple eps if this and...

Man cat fingers got real akira there for a moment

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    NeoToma wrote: »
    I was watching the marathon today after only catching a couple eps if this and...

Man cat fingers got real akira there for a moment

Yep.

Like I said, I am never ready for shit to get real in this show, but it inevitably does get super real.

sarukun on
  • Options
    Meowkira.

• Options
    I was rewatching some episodes and there definitely was a gem civil war.
    In serious Steven the entire inverse pyrsmd is full of glyphs depicting Rose quartz fighting a male with a triangular gem and figures worshipping something.

Oh and the crow from Opal was a myraid gem fusion and she bubbled them with that arrow blast.

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    In serious Steven the entire inverse pyrsmd is full of glyphs depicting Rose quartz fighting a male with a triangular gem

a male with a triangular gem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvWFY6mJpWA

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    In serious Steven the entire inverse pyrsmd is full of glyphs depicting Rose quartz fighting a male with a triangular gem and figures worshipping something.

Oh and the crow from Opal was a myraid gem fusion and she bubbled them with that arrow blast.
    Maybe the war was over the age-old struggle of boys vs. girls!

This discussion has been closed.