As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Secret Satans 2022! It's over!

BroloBrolo BroseidonLord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
edited March 2023 in Social Entropy++
XdN1ePP.gif

SIGNUP deadline: November 16th, 11:59PM EDT.
GIFTING deadline: February 28th, 11:59PM EDT. Due to global shipping fuckery, we have added on an additional month to get your gifts out there! Your gift must be received by this time!

RULES:

1. There is no minimum spending amount and no maximum spending amount.
2. International people are allowed. If you have some super big problem with it, let me know in your sign up email, but I cannot 100% guarantee you will not get someone in Australia, New Zealand, or lesser Uranus. IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE THIS POSSIBILITY, DO NOT SIGN UP. Note: Canada is NOT considered "international."
3. If nobody knows who you are, you probably will not be allowed to sign up. This is to cut down on the number of deadbeat Satans. If you have less than 500 posts and nobody else knows you, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED (Exceptions are known significant others of folks, PA staff, etc)
4. People who do not send gifts will be banned.
5. DO NOT BITCH ABOUT WHAT YOU GOT. CONVERSELY, TRY TO SEND PEOPLE THINGS YOU THINK THEY WILL LIKE BASED ON WHAT THEY POST.
6. Do NOT send NSFW gifts unless they specifically OK it in the info sent to you when you get your person.
7. You MUST have a wishlist post. You can make it in this thread. It can link to Amazon or some other website with multiple ideas. Just because you consider yourself well-known doesn't mean people will know what to get for you.

SIGNUP:

Send an EMAIL where the subject is YOUR FORUM NAME to secretsatans2022@gmail.com with the following information:
Your REAL NAME
Your MAILING ADDRESS
Your CELL PHONE NUMBER
Your PREFERENCE FOR INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING
Your PREFERENCE FOR COMBINED LIST PARTICIPATION (see bottom note)
Your PREFERENCE FOR NSFW GIFTS

Your LINK TO YOUR WISHLIST / SUGGESTIONS POST. You can make your posts in this thread, make sure they are linked in your email before you sign up. Don't fuck this up!
Example Email:
Spoiler
SUBJECT: Forumer_69XXX

MAILING ADDRESS: 23 my address
wherever, wherever, USA
CELL PHONE NUMBER:( 555) - 555 5555

PREFERENCE FOR INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING: Yes
PREFERENCE FOR COMBINED LIST PARTICIPATION: Yes
PREFERENCE FOR NSFW GIFTS: No
LINK TO YOUR WISHLIST / SUGGESTIONS POST: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/28316347#Comment_28316347

Hey a heads up - if you have allergies, incompatibilities, or other restrictions on gifts you can receive, please put those guidelines in your wishlist posts! Some people are going to be sending home-made treats and food as gifts, and it would suck if anyone breaks into hives upon opening their package. Look out for each other, my dudes.

For gifters, if your receiver has not gotten their gift by the gifting deadline (February 28th), you will be banned, no exceptions.

For receivers, once you receive your gift, you are to post that it has been received. Please do this within 2 days of receipt.

We've had SEVEN YEARS OF PERFECT GIFTING! Amazing!

I may also require the services of a helper imp, mostly for sending additional PMs and coordinating some of the gifting chains. Hit me up by PM if you're so interested!

And as always:
Framling's Fantastic FAQ For Foisting Freebies On Friendly Forumers!
Q: My person lives outside the country! What if shipping takes a long time?
A: Oh shit! Better plan ahead!

Q: I got evicted from my apartment! I can't afford a present right now.
A: Sorry duder - contact @Brolo if you unexpectedly find that you can't afford a gift, but if you're in any doubt about whether you have the financial stability for Satans, please sign up for Saints instead!

Q: I don't want to give suggestions, because I <goose reasoning that I don't care about>
A: Then don't sign up. Because if you don't give suggestions, you won't be allowed in.

If you have any questions about your giftee, or if you get confused by the process, you can PM me ( @Brolo ), or any of our amazing imps, such as G&T organizer @radiation or the amazing @lonelyahava .

Thanks!

EXTRA SPECIAL 2022 EDITION RULE CHANGE:
For the last two years we combined our gifting list with G&T and it generally went pretty well! This year we are again making that participation OPTIONAL, so please add your preference for combined lists in your email - "YES" to be combined with G&T, "NO" for SE++ only.

Brolo on

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2022
    Signups!
    1. Brolo
    2. Naphtali
    3. MNC Dover
    4. Skeith
    5. Stabbity Style
    6. Centipede Damascus
    7. Kendrik
    8. Brovid Hassel(Smof)
    9. Cello
    10. Cameron_Talley
    11. Bucketman
    12. Noggin
    13. initiatefailure
    14. Tef
    15. Tofystedeth
    16. #pipe
    17. Handkor
    18. Goose!
    19. KoopahTroopah
    20. LWT1973
    21. Ladybug2332
    22. Okami
    23. Quicksnap
    24. Arcsyn
    25. shdwcaster
    26. anoffday
    27. Tonkka
    28. theoriginalz
    29. Elvenshae
    30. Straightzi
    31. See317
    32. Antoshka
    33. Kyougu
    34. Shadowfire
    35. Psykoma
    36. Lasbrook
    37. Zython
    38. Blackhawk1313
    39. Perrsun
    40. Fig-D
    41. Ketbra
    42. Cooljammer00
    43. Radiation
    44. DrZiplock
    45. Romanian My Escutcheon
    46. Jimbobthemonkey

Brolo on
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    Most wonderful time of the year!! I've had All I Want For Christmas Is You stuck in my head since I woke up this morning so I guess I felt this coming

Cello on
    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Woo! This is such a wonderful thing every year. I'm gonna be relying on secret saints, but I love that this happens either way, it's always so charming to see

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2022
    Reserved for details, later, when the Christmas spirit has fully awoken, or something like that

maybe just some egg nog idk
    Hi Satan. Hope this missive finds you well.

I included my Amazon wish list in my email to you (its in my sig below as well), but I know Amazon is pretty evil, even for you. It's more of just a dumping ground of ideas for you, and also for my extended friends & family this time of year. If you do get something that's on that list but not from the Dark Bald One's website, please just mark as purchased on there (though I think Amazon changed how wish lists work, again, so I don't even know if this functionality is working or not).

Other pertinent information:

39 year old dude
    living in Northeastern US of A
    6 feet nothing, Medium size shirts/hoodies

My general guidelines:
    • Don't feel like you have to get something from the Amazon or the Steam wish lists. If there's something really cool that you enjoy that you think I'd like too, whether it be a movie, video game, book, board game, elephant, whatever, then please share the love!
    • I don't have any allergies, so baked treats or whatever is welcomed if that's more your forte.
    • I love coffee, it's my daily companion in this dark world. Whole beans is my preferred delivery method.
    • If you're more the artistic type - please let me know! An art commission of some type of one of my various D&D/RP characters from over the years of games with my group would be incredible.

I'm sure whatever you pick for me, I'll thoroughly enjoy. Feel free to ping ideas off rhylith, they know my likes/dislikes pretty well.

And in the end if you don't want to go with any of the above, that's fine! Just no NSFW stuff is all I ask. Thank you very much in advance, Satan!

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited November 2022
    I've been a humbug the past couple (few?) years, but I think it's time to fix that.

Suggestion post:
    Hi Satan! I hope you're having a wonderful day!

I personally think I'm kind of hard to gift to for, but a good rule of thumb is that if you think it's awesome, I probably will too! I enjoy trying new things! But with that in mind:

1. I live like a hermit. As such, boards games, party games, etc. will likely not get a whole lot of use. I have friends, I swear! But our schedules don't allow for a whole lot of interaction these days outside of the occasional text and a promise to hang out "the next time we all have time off."

2. I'm a men's size L but I'd recommend against buying anything from Fangamer because I, uh, kinda buy a lot from them... They have really cool Bloodborne shirts, but I also own them all. Speaking of...

3. Video games! I like Fromsoft games (I have the Bloodborne artbook (from a previous Satan!) and Dark Souls art on my walls), Final Fantasy (I've played FFXIV for a very long time and I'm very fond of it, and I own both currently released volumes of Encyclopaedia Eorzea), the Legend of Zelda (I collected all three volumes of Hyrule Historia), fighting games (particularly Capcom (and I have the Art of Capcom book (from a previous Satan!) but I'm also into Guilty Gear (and own several albums)), Mass Effect (I've worn my N7 hoodie enough to fray the sleeves pretty badly), the Persona series, and Metroidvanias (or Search Action if you prefer) as a genre.

4. Movies! I enjoy 80s/90s sci-fi, 80s/90s horror, 80s/90s action films, martial arts movies and basically everything Mel Brooks. I only specify 80s/90s for horror/sci-fi/action because I really appreciate practical effects. The grotesque puppetry that brought John Carpenter's The Thing to life, the use of miniatures and matte paintings that made sci-fi worlds feel real, and the probably not-at-all-safe fireballs created for cheesy action movie explosions.

5. Music! Basically all forms of music that feature distorted guitars with driving bass lines: rock, metal, prog, industrial, dark wave, genre blends.

6. Comics! I have a soft spot for Marvel comics even though I haven't been in a comic book store for about a decade at this point. Just about any cool graphic novel that's been released within the last 10 years is fair game as I haven't read anything besides Saga.

7. Anime/Manga! Almost all of my enjoyment here is digital, so physical anything works. I think the last manga I bought was either Trigun Maximum or Hellsing back in 2004.

8. Nerdy art! Or even non-nerdy art! Art books, wall art, whatever! I still have plenty of space on my walls and on top of dressers/bookshelves for more nerdy art stuff.

9. Food/Drink! I have no food allergies! Feel free to send snacks, treats, booze, whatever. I'm trying to lose some of the weight I put on going from my previous active job to my current desk job, but I'm not so concerned that some holiday goodies will ruin that. Just gotta put in a bit more work to offset it!

10. I have a Steam wishlist! I also have a PS5, so some games I own on that platform instead, but there aren't any dupes on the Steam wishlist. https://store.steampowered.com/wishlist/id/Fig-D/#sort=order

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I might have to skip this year, turns out attending a wedding is pretty draining on the wallet when nothing you have fits anymore.

• Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    edited November 2022
    Finally got signed up, more details to come, will fill out by weekend. For now, Amazon wishlist link both in signature and below:
    https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/1QDM5TI296T78?ref_=wl_share

Blackhawk1313 on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Mwahaha

Hahahaha

Hah

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I was waiting for this to post the Saints thread but I got impatient

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Now to comb through this thread for people who say they can’t participate and link them to the Saints thread

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Now to comb through this thread for people who say they can’t participate and link them to the Saints thread

Get em!

(Also gift raijin!)

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    The most wonderful time of year.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I will volunteer to be Keeper of The Chains again.

Also I guess I'll Satan, after skipping last year, I'm in the mood for some festivities

• Options
    OkamiOkami On the internet nobody knows you're a dog. Nobody. Land of Ports, OreganoRegistered User regular
    skzsxcbsh1fb.gif

yes yes yes yes yes

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    ! I'd like to sign up to be "backup Satan" for up to two (2) people if and when the original Satan has to drop out.

Yes, @Raijin Quickfoot I am aware I'm doing this for both.

I received one of my favorite possessions ever from these things (a remote control MegaMan car which I still have).

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Unless something changes quickly in the next 2 weeks I am gonna miss this again. But have fun y'all!

• Options
    Goose! wrote: »
    Unless something changes quickly in the next 2 weeks I am gonna miss this again. But have fun y'all!

SECRET SAINTS

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    I wasn't going to join this year due to current employment status.

Ah, fuck it.

I'm in.

EDIT: Okay Satan, check this out!
    So right now I'm all about hobbies hobbies hobbies! Gunpla, streaming, drawing, and sculpting are all things that I am trying to juggle while being unemployed (by choice)! I currently have 2 wishlists going, one on the old Amazon website as well as one on Throne. I'm trying Throne because I can link to things that aren't exclusively on Amazon, but I am new to it so things are a bit of a mess over there right now. As I come across things that tickle my fancy I add them to Throne most of the time.

I would list my gaming platforms but I have enough of those to play. Oh alright, here's my Steam wishlist: https://steamcommunity.com/id/tonkka/

Here's those other lists:

Amazon

Throne

Uh, if i think of anything else to add I will edit. . . HAIL SATAN

EDIT THE SECOND: I forgot a thing.
    I also started buying enamel pins and sticking them on my bag! This is the collection so far.
    nlonnvkeosnq.jpg

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Tonkka wrote: »
    I wasn't going to join this year due to current employment status.

Ah, fuck it.

I'm in.

hail satan

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular

SECRET SAINTS

I appreciate it, but I'd rather folks who have greater need get that attention.

• Options

SECRET SAINTS

Absolutely your choice but know that you’re more than welcome to sign up

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    Hail Satan!
    My amazon wishlist can be found here. There's stuff on there from past years, it's basically a constant work in progress, especially as other people post theirs. I am a known pain in the ass to shop for in my family, but you have an advantage: a little snooping will show you what sort of nerdy stuff I'm in to. I'm in generally in the webcomic thread, the anime thread, and the FF14 thread (here and in the MMO subforum). I'd probably be in the book thread but I keep forgetting to check it. Speaking of, my reading list is pretty light lately, aside from manga. There are a couple of series that I keep meaning to buy books from but keep slipping my mind (APOSIMZ by Tsutomu Nihei, Chainsaw Man by Tatsuki Fujimoto are at the top of that list). I like SciFi if it's not too hard (heh), Seveneves and the math about orbital mechanics is about as far in that direction I go. Fantasy is good too. I've somehow made it to my 30s without having read anything by Terry Pratchett for which I have no excuse. I snoop around the Gundam thread a bit too, and I've been buying more models, but I don't really have... anything as far as like panel markers for detail work or even a good set of snips for detaching parts from runners. I also pick up jigsaw puzzles (1000 pieces) but I don't have a good place to put them together because my kitchen table is perpetually a mess. I don't have a good solution for that, maybe a rolling mat and a drafting table I could fold up or something compact like that? I live in a studio so space is at a premium. Most recently I bought this and this. I have a couple with birds, a Renaissance looking world map, a Nat Geo map of the UK, and a couple of castles. I enjoy a drink, so if there are any local micro or craft breweries that you think highly of feel free to send something along. Mead is pretty tasty, but I wouldn't know good wine if you hit me over the head with a bottle. Gin doesn't sit well with me, but that's as close to a food allergy that I have and that's down more to a bad experience than anything (worst part is it's not even a good story). I'm also on the lookout for cookbooks, so if there's one in particular that you like that'd be cool too. I'm not much of a baker though, I don't have a big enough work surface for kneading and such.

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular

SECRET SAINTS

Sounds like I might just need a second saint to target with gift cannon just because I can…

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    hey

people are signing up with secretsatans2022@gmail.com , right?

please let me know if you've sent an email and aren't on the list so far

• Options
    Brolo wrote: »
    Signups!
    1. Brolo
    2. Naphtali
    hey

on the plus side brolo, assignments will go pretty quickly this year.

• Options
    I haven't written in yet because I gotta set up my wishlist first

Steam
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Signups!
    1. Brolo
    2. Naphtali
    hey

on the plus side brolo, assignments will go pretty quickly this year.

I can totally handle the imping for this!

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    Hello Satan, my old friend
    I will start by pointing out some things to not get. I have very limited living space so ornaments/memorabilia/decor type stuff is a nope unless it's very small. I do have a little bit of wall space if art/prints are a thing you love to share. Clothing is also best avoided, I am weirdly particular about what clothes I find comfortable and wouldn't want you to waste money on some amazing clothes I never wear.

I like food, all sorts. I have more of a savoury preference over sweet but I'll still eat chocolate or biscuits (cookies if you're across the pond) until I hate myself. My favourite beverage is dark ale.

This may come as a shock but I like videogames. I have a perfectly cromulent PC, and my favourite game genres are building/logistics/resource management; mystery/adventure/puzzle; and open world WRPG things. I don't generally play spooky games or things with really bleak settings because they stress me out. Favourites include Outer Wilds, RDR2, Cities Skylines, and I'm currently hooked on Into the Breach. Here is my current Steam wishlist.

I'm a neurotic mess and I do cross-stitch to relax. I particularly like these patterns from Long Dog Samplers. I'm currently working on The Pilgrim and I like the look of basically everything in the centre column of that page. I also knit and do crochet but I have so many projects half-finished I probably shouldn't start anything new.

I like spiders! Specifically tarantulas. I have 50 of them (a big part of the reason I have no living space, lol) Tarantula themed things would be neat, or on the slim chance you want to buy me an actual tarantula this is a respectable dealer. If you should decide to go that route though please let me know via imp so I can make sure I'm prepared for when it arrives.

If you'd like to make a charity donation on my behalf that is a thing you could do. Some organisations I recommend are Survival International, WildAid, Give Directly, and the Against Malaria Foundation

And finally here is my Amazon wishlist (don't forget to use Amazon smile tho), sorry it's not very interesting.

Hopefully that is enough inspiration, but beyond that if you feel like making a thing or sending me something neat from your part of the world or just writing me a letter telling me how great I am that would be perfect, too. Thank you Satan.

I'm conscious that my post is a fair bit more specific than a lot of people. Hopefully it doesn't come across as "these are the exact things you should choose from", I'm just writing this from the perspective of someone who struggles with inspiration and want to make sure there's enough help if my Satan is the same. Feel free to ignore everything above.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Options
    Secret Satans this year is just everyone send me $1

• Options
    Greetings, friend. Do you wish to look as happy as me? Well, you've got the power inside you right now. Use it, and send one dollar to Happy Dude, 742 Evergreen Terrace, Springfield.

• Options
    edited November 2022
    Satan! Good eve/morrow/day! I have such sights to show you (...in my wishlist, here).

In brief, I like video games, crafting, electronics, comic books, board games, makeup, fashion, and dogs.

Oh, is that not enough? Fiiiine.
    Video games: I have a PS5, a Switch, and a reasonably functional PC that is more of an indie game machine, Arduino programmer, and CAD modeller. My Switch is getting the most play recently, but mostly due to convenience. I'll see if I can think of any to pop on the ol' wishlist! I generally love RPGs, 0451-esque adventures, or co-op games I can rampage around in with my pals. We've also been playing a lot of FFXIV this year, so some in-game flair would be warranted. I also love subtly nerdy jewelry and fashion, so if you think of like, a cute necklace or a fun purse or something that's all welcome, too! Can't go wrong with Nintendo stuff, though I can provide references if you need some quality assurance checks. I also have a vinyl record player and a short list of video game soundtracks - Windjammers and Scott Pilgrim mainly - so I'd love to get some other vinyl record soundtracks. I pinned a few in my wishlist but I'm open to others! Surprises are fun, here!

Crafting/Electronics/Home decor: actually an option this year! I have quite a few blank walls in both my home workshop and my room, so stuff that might suit those are great. Practical additions to my workshop could also be fun - I'm rocking an AdimLabs Gantry Pro 3D printer (thanks Kadith, last year's Satan!!), a Cricut Maker 3, and a laser cutter, so neat materials or project kits could be fun too! I'm also down for any neat electronics kits or art kits to mess around with in my off hours. I also now will be working mostly from home, so stuff that could amp up my desk area (anything from cool lights to cozy desk additions to goofy little guys to remind me of my determination would be wonderful)

Comic Books and Board Games: In terms of comics, the only recent trades I've gotten have been Black Cat, Nightcrawler, and Moon Knight, so feel free to buy me any recent ones from the last two years or so and you probably won't miss! Blankzoe is an excellent reference point for the comics I have, though you might have to go off-book to contact her since she doesn't forum much these days. Board games, anything recent is also a good fix! I've had a lot of fun with the Legacy games (Betrayal, Pandemic Season 1 and 2, and barely cracking open Gloomhaven) so those might be a good direction to take if you don't have any immediate thoughts. I can provide a photo of my wall o' games if you need it, orrrr I might actually have a list hanging around somewhere, inquire through an Imp if necessary.

Makeup and Fashion: Some of my favourite brands these days for clothes are Vixen by Micheline Pitt, Vintage Vandalizm, Ains Elke Stylehaus, La Femme En Noir, Katakomb, Modern Millie (they have had some PAINFULLY cute outfits that I want to buy to wear to work) and a few others. Basically if you can think of some vintage-inspired or goth-inspired accessories or dresses I'll probably be into them. Just be aware some of these might have additional customs fees on arrival. I'll tag some products from there in my wishlist once I get around to it and can provide sizes otherwise. There's a few dorky video game jackets that have been heavily advertised at me from Insert Coin Clothing and I.... kinda want them too. For makeup, I could really use some new lipsticks and stains that will hopefully work well under a mask for work. Also can't go wrong with blush palettes or eyeshadow! Urban Decay and KVD tend to be my usual buys but I'll put a selection in the wishlist as well, and I'm open to new brands if they're good! I also am gonna have a bag I'd like to throw some enamel pins onto, so rad ones of those to add to my extremely small collection would be great.

Dogs: I have one older GSD (Ellie), my own Belgian Tervuren, Ivy (who is 4), and a 5 year old Maine Coon named Jean who thinks she's a dog. Cat and dog toys would be a lot of fun, especially because Ivy can tell as soon as a box enters the house that it's for her. She's particularly partial to soft stuffed style toys she can baby; Jean likes feather ones.

Work accessories: This isn't as fun but I'm starting a new gig that will require me to go to work twice a week. If you know of some great functional things to bring with me, or weird little kitchen gadgets that make fun breakfasts and whatever (NOT THE EGG MASTER), they could be a great addition to my day! I love kitchen gadgets and also little environmentally sustainable things.

Food: No allergies to speak of. I've got a huge sweet tooth and my current hot sauce collection has winded back to being kinda pitiful. Regional delights from your part of the world would be a lot of fun!

I also like to receive stuff that you make! My heart is very easily warmed by someone making me something, even if it's not the highest of art, because it means I've been in their thoughts and that's swell. Baked goods, art, decor, clothes/knits, whatever - if you've got a creative talent I'd be happy to receive something from you in that regard.

Cello on
    Steam
  • Options
    *scribbles notes* buy... Cello... egg.... master

• Options

I need to add "ask the mods for a disagree button" to my Satan's list

Steam
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular

It's the Shaq-Fu of this Satans.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    My wife bought a thing for boiling eggs that looks like 4 back to back penguins and the eggs go in to look like the penguins belly’s and it’s ADORABLE

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Big thanks to Brolo for running this again this year. You are the true Santa Clause.

As to my wishlist::
    Hello oh dark lord!
    I am a simple man. I play lots of board games, TTRPGs, and video games. I have a PC and Switch. I like to paint minis and 3D print both with a filament printer and resin printer. I like hot sauce, coffee, tea, and cooking. I am a big fan of silly kitchen gadgets and home made stuff always feel special. I have 4 cats, and a bunny. I am both big and tall so I wear like very big shirts (for now). Here is an example of an amazon wishlist in case you have absolutely 0 ideas at all.

https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/19FGWFJR7NKR5?ref_=wl_share

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    The place where I’ll put that thing that time Hey Satan / Santa!
    First off, you are more than welcome to go off-list if you are inspired by something or have something interesting local to you!

My family likes just about any foods and we aren't aware of any allergies yet for our 3 kiddos (5,3,3). For booze, I mainly like whiskey or scotch, but bourbons are usually good too. My wife doesn't like them as much, but we both love Crown Royal's Salted Caramel.

Playstation gift cards are always a safe bet with me; in this case I'd like to get the RE:Village DLC or God of War: Ragnarok.

Otherwise, here is an
    amazon list
    but you could buy it from wherever if you prefer.

For example, I added some books there from a series my kids really enjoy; if you want to get one of those I don’t mind which one, we just already have book 2.

Noggin on
    Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    Noggin wrote: »
    The place where I’ll put that thing that time

Ok, Phreak

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    this post may become informative
    so the most basics: https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/Z4SJ7ZNRQ8NX?ref_=wl_share
    that should be a list that is category separated. I'm not entirely sure, they changed how these work at some point since i last looked. I don't shop on amazon. I work in design so I may be overly sensitive to their whole deal but it's bad and I hate it. That's a me thing and doesn't reflect on how you choose to shop.

I've been around for years but my posting has gone from mostly games to mostly anything else over that time. I'm still someone who plays games though i tend to fixate on one thing at a time these days. this year i got a steam deck and have been playing a mix of old emulated games and a lot of pixel games that look amazing on the hardware. I also have a switch/pc/ps5 getting various degrees of use at any time. My partner has partially taken over the ps5 and become obsessed with genshin impact (might be cool if you wanted to get them something). We also have an Index that we're just getting set up again in my partner's office after moving. this last year i played and enjoyed elden ring, horizon west, stray, anno mutateonem, destiny 2, breath of fire 3, legend of legaia, shadow hearts, spiders-men og and miles, returnal (though i suck), FFVI, and probably a few things I'm missing.

I also play magic the gathering but like in a stage where i hate the people that make magic the gathering. I worked in a game store a few years back so I got kind of interested in tabletop games. Outside of working there though, it's just been a thing I do with my partner. We've enjoyed Arkham Horror LCG, Everdell, and wingspan this last year.

I have been mulling over the idea of getting back into playing guitar (or at least playing rocksmith again) but living in an apartment my only amplifier is uh... big... and has no headphone jack.

I've been reading a lot more the last few years. train commuting kinda kickstarted it but COVID lockdowns really got me going again. I'll try to get a link for this but here's a list of everything i've read the last couple of years. it was 1 year of explicitly reading anything except cishet white guys, and then several years of just loading up on the good stuff. It's been very Sci-fi fantasy heavy. i've been scrounging the used shops for a bunch of classics i never read to loosely theme next year's reads. https://app.thestorygraph.com/profile/rickrc

I've been cooking more and more these last few years. santa got a cast iron last year that has been in heavy use, and just generally speaking we've been making a lot of curries and just learned how to make our own pizza last month. on theme, one of my favorite things in these exchanges is eating things that are unique/cool/just tasty from wherever you are.

I'm a designer by job but i don't really know what that looks like in terms of gifts. please don't send me a giant ampersand... unless it's super cool I guess.

we have two tabby cats. they're great. they mostly don't care about fancy toys but one of them still carries around a mouse toy from last years santa so maybe something will excite them.

When i was a kid I lived in Japan for a few years so just in case that's where you're sending from, i always think it's cool to get cultural stuff or even just like fun candy like things that would remind me of that.

I am open to alcohol and nsfw stuff too, but no one has ever been brave enough to do it!

Most important my favorite thing is getting something that represents you or where you’re from. Local treats, hobby stuff, whatever. I love that.

may add other bits before this kicks off

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    Hello Satan!

My number one thing I love is knick knacks that remind of the Satan giving season. Anything from your hometown/region/province will be truly treasured.
    I also have steam and a capable modern pc. I try to keep my Wishlist updated so that should give you an idea of what I’m in to, but don’t be afraid to get me something that you think I’d be into! I will say that I find anime stylings quite jarring so even when there’s a game that I’d probably enjoy, mechanically or thematically, chances are I’ll just bounce off due to the aesthetics. My steam is linked in my sig.

I really can’t accept gifts purchased or shipped through Amazon. I know this is a pain in the arse, but solidarity is important to me.

I’m also more than happy if you donate to a charity in my name. I tend to be very specific in my political beliefs and it’s important to me donations are effective and go to the right places. Some charity recommendations:

Doctors Without Borders
    Socialistrevolution.org
    https://www.marxists.org/admin/donate/index.htm
    https://www.amazonlaborunion.org

Tef on
    help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke