As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[ASSCREED] Rogue and Unity Out Now, For Better or Worse

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    Freedom Cry seems fun, after only short while in! I'm really glad they gave him different weapons/animations and that Adé's not just using all of Edward's animations. That type of thing is what makes a good DLC.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    ubisoft mobile games updated their facebook banner

mKtr7rA.jpg

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    So I guess everyone talking about feudal Japan was right

• Options
    okay now I'm pretty sure the humble spy is indeed our next modern day protagonist
    Uploading to the Initiates Database in all available languages…

REPORT BEGINS:

The following is an excerpt from Emmett's report on their mission in Moscow:

Hey guys. We have established contact with an Assassin in Moscow, Galina Voronina.

So this is awkward: she wants us to assassinate her mother, an Assassin scientist who went nuts. Apparently this lady built her own Animus and forced the other members of her cell into it!

The mother's holed up inside the lab, but, to get to her, we have to fight through the remains of the Russian Brotherhood, driven insane by the Bleeding Effect.

It gets worse: this old bat might be the craziest of all. She swears that through the Animus, she's talking to Eve.

That's…unsettling.

I remain your humble spy.

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    ....that is certainly one way to get me interested in the modern day story.

Fighting off a rogue cell of Russian Assassins who all are insane and think they are their ancestors?

Yeah yeah okay

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    it just fits too well

they are faceless and nameless, like the ac4 protagonist

they get to talk to the modern day assassins

they get to sneak behind the assassins' backs and hack their computers to communicate with ANOTHER secret group

they have access to a brand new version of the animus

that animus can communicate with eve, whatever that means, so that's your main modern day goal

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    GB has a podcast interview with some Ubisoft peeps about their desire to make games more than just fun, focusing primarily on Freedom Cry. Which is really neat.

So of course the comment section is nothing but awful people complaining about how video games should just be fun and any sort of higher ambition is annoying.

Siiiiiiiiiiiiigh.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I'm really glad they did that Freedom Cry standalone

I still need to get to that, I'll probably do it next month after I'm out of Metal Gear/inFamous teritory

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I've trained myself to, as much as possible, see comments in the same vein as advertisements. I realize they are there, but I don't look at the content.

If I wanted to know what people thought about things, I'd go to a forum.

Perrsun on
  • Options
    the most disappointing thing about ac liberation is the barebones database

I hope they further expand database functionality in ac5, I think these games have real potential to be educational

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    In fact, I was just thinking the other day about the contrast between an AC4 Warehouse Loot and a Freedom Cry Plantation Raid.

I like how the function of the 2 activities is very similar, but the mental benefit of the Plantation Raid is much better. I also am appreciating how they push you to free slaves to get upgrades. If you want those chievos and ship-people and free ammo, you're gonna have to Do Good to get them.

• Options
    Is there anything akin to a less-lachrymose take on the Dark Souls "Prepare to Cry" YouTube series for Assassin's Creed? Walking through the story and mythology and everything?

• Options
    vegeta_666 wrote: »
    Leaked images reveal Assassin's Creed Unity, a current-gen (XB1 and PS4) game coming out later this year, with 18th century Paris as its setting.

The game will take place during the French Revolution.
    tiqke0prxcukw3r7v3if.png
    w85dltilitcpzetoeqvh.png

Also another Assassin's Creed game called or code-named "Comet" will be released for past-gen consoles (360 and PS3) this Fall as well.

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Project Comet could very well be The Fall

• Options
    I'm surprised how deflated this reveal is to me, just because of the protagonist

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Yes, ok, French Revolution is absolutely acceptable.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Yes, ok, French Revolution is absolutely acceptable.

If it stars Connor or Aveline, or both, and its full co-op.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Well they've already said Connor will not be returning to the series and that protagonist up there definitely ain't Aveline.

I'm bummed that it is another white dude but it is still an interesting setting and will likely be a rad game

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular
    Man, the guillotine is going to be so OP

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I'm curious about what the deal is with the "parkour up/down" buttons in that screenshot.

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Well they've already said Connor will not be returning to the series and that protagonist up there definitely ain't Aveline.

I'm bummed that it is another white dude but it is still an interesting setting and will likely be a rad game

Yeah, it's a bummer they missed that opporitunity, but French Revolution has always been the ideal Assassin's Creed setting

• Options
    Rampant specualtion ahoyyyyyyy:
    So the name (or code name) is Unity, and there's that developing story about the rogue Russian cell forcing people en masse into Animuses, yeah? Two bits about multiple things coming together.

What if they finally do a game where you experience a few different time periods? Or one time period through a bunch of different perspectives?

That'd just be the best.

• Options
    I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    I'm curious about what the deal is with the "parkour up/down" buttons in that screenshot.

I'm assuming this is pre-alpha footage and those are placeholders for "grab something" and "stop grabbing something"

• Options
    Veldrin wrote: »

Parkour up lets you climb stuff
    Parkour down lets you breakdance

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Breakdancing confuses and disconcerts nearby guards

• Options
    B: [Oui, Monsieur]
    A: [Ohn hon hon]

• Options
    Oh god I forgot the setting will let them do accents all over again HYPE RESTORED

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Exclusive Gamestop pre-order bonus of a multiplayer Pierre Escargot skin, with custom tub assassination animation

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Can I assassinate Pepe Le Pew in this one

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    The perfect AC Unity/Connor cross-over...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMt3GOyRkU4

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Uploading to the Initiates Database in all available languages…

REPORT BEGINS:

The following is an excerpt from Emmett's report on their mission in Moscow:

We found the science city! What a disappointment. This place is a rotten shithole. It's also crawling with feral Assassins, driven mad by the Bleeding Effect.

We all had guns (except Manny) but Galina refused. She had two hidden blades. Galina ended all of them, practically by herself. It was like a gruesome ballet.

One of the mad Assassins looked exactly like her! A twin? Galina didn't even blink, killed her in SECONDS. Man, she's scary.

Sidebar: I am a terrible shot. Why didn't I stay on the fucking boat?

We forced our way into the lab. Galina's mother was there, strapped to the saddest-looking Animus I have ever seen. The parts were ancient. It shouldn't have been running at all. She was just babbling. Something about her lost husband, the colour gray. Bleeding Effect nonsense.

There were monitors on the wall. It was just static but… it looked like there was a face in there. I feel like I've seen it before but I can't place it…

Galina knelt down next to the machine, and plunged her blade into her mother's brain. Everyone was looking at them, but I kept looking at that face in the monitors. It looked like it was screaming but it's gone now. Was it even there?

I remain your humble spy.

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    I love Juno being some sort of techno-horror villain

• Options
  • Options
    It's called Unity, but the Assassin's symbol at the end looks cut in half...

• Options
    the press release says they've been working on this for more than three years already

is this the Brotherhood team?

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    So some of the books in Harvard's library are bound in human skin.

Blah blah, who cares, right? Wrong.
    The book’s 794th and final page includes an inscription in purple cursive: “the bynding of this booke is all that remains of my dear friende Jonas Wright, who was flayed alive by the Wavuma on the Fourth Day of August, 1632. King Mbesa did give me the book, it being one of poore Jonas chiefe possessions, together with ample of his skin to bynd it. Requiescat in pace.”

Man, the Unity viral marketing is getting intense.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    That's intriguing and gross and fascinating, Pooro

I really enjoy the actual game-play parkour whatever historical aspects of these games, but I think I am getting tired of them.

• Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    Fingers crossed for meeting up with Haytham or young Connor!

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Mego Thor wrote: »
    Fingers crossed for meeting up with Haytham or young Connor!

The article says Haytham and Adewale will appear

This discussion has been closed.