As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Call of Duty]: Black Ops 3 (jump suits and all) out now!

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GccGbdLqTmQ

Can't wait for Monday! Calladoody!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    I rolled my eyes when they had the model walk out, but then I loled when they kinda subverted that trope.

• Options
    We don't kiss goats!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Call of Duty: Absurd Warfare: The human body is impervious to basic physics edition.
    If you freeze-frame it, you can see what appears to be Michael Bay's giant erection peaking over the buildings in the distance.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    I'll give them a break, since exoskeletons. Ghosts did all that and more with just regular Joe humans.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Looks like I'm buying this on the ps4. Girl at work wants me to get it so I've convinced her to preorder GTAV. Annoyingly she did it there and then so now I've got hold up my end of the bargain.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »
    Looks like I'm buying this on the ps4. Girl at work wants me to get it so I've convinced her to preorder GTAV. Annoyingly she did it there and then so now I've got hold up my end of the bargain.

You kids have the weirdest courtship rituals...

I'm still on the fence with this, I have or have preordered every other major release and I recently came into some free money and could get this, but holy shit ghosts had the worst story ever and so I don't know I want to love kevin spacey and halo style combat, but I'm so afraid, so afraid.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I'm still on the fence. Like I've already bought Sunset Overdrive and Dragon Age is a guaranteed purchase.

So I don't see myself buying more to 1-2 other major release from this month and its a choice between this, Assassin's Creed and FarCry 4.

Kind of burned out on AC, and Ghosts was terrible, so right now FarCry is in the lead in that regard.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    So I'm playing Ghosts right now for the first time! It's p.fun! Is it not considered good? Cause I skipped both Blops, and this is sliiiick.

(I'm talking campaign, probably not gonna bother jumping into multi since AW is nearly here and I'll start there)

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    I'm just riding the wave of games. Gonna have to figure out where to find the time to play everything...

Just got Sunset Overdrive, AW on Monday, Dragon Age on the 18th, My birthday is the 20th and I'm pretty sure my brother or mom got me Destiny, and then the day after is Smash Bros....

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I bought this on Steam last night and then got an e-mail from GMG today saying they have it for $10 off. :(

This being AW, to be clear.

BionicPenguin on
  • Options
    I think Ghosts has my least favorite sp and mp.

The mp is pretty bad. Don't bother with it.

• Options
    I like this dog

he is good dog

but he makes the 2 bros feel redundant

like just go home guys, the dog has this handled

I hope I get to take the dog into space

and also

I hope they don't try and one up the nuke scene by killing the dog

I will probably quit playing if that happens.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Ghosts story spoiler with regards to the dog.

He gets shot, he doesn't die, well he doesn't die where you can see it I believe he's on the ship that gets sunk at the end of the game, but they don't specifically show the dog dying.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    The dog dies trying to disarm a nuke.

Note: I don't play CoD singleplayer.

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
  • Options
    jjae2123jjae2123 Registered User regular
    Anyone getting AW on the XB1? I'm thinking of taking the plunge into a next gen system

• Options
    Huh, I just resumed playing Ghosts and "Resume" was locked. Weird. I save and quit before turning it off. What's the deal?

Luckily I was at the start of a new chapter so I just picked up from there, but still.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    jjae2123 wrote: »
    Anyone getting AW on the XB1? I'm thinking of taking the plunge into a next gen system

I was thinking about getting it, but I'm still half stock on it. I might have to see some actual review impressions or something.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Same as well (AW on Xbone) but it's probably not gonna happen till BF/CM anyway.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    Yeah I'm waiting to see what it looks like on streams before I even consider buying it. If I did get it I would more than likely get it on the Xbone because Masterchiefcollectionnerdgasm

• Options
    sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    iRevert wrote: »
    Yeah I'm waiting to see what it looks like on streams before I even consider buying it. If I did get it I would more than likely get it on the Xbone because Masterchiefcollectionnerdgasm

Yeah, my job is having a "buy 2, get 1 free" sale on games the week MCC comes out. I'm so very tempted to pick up an XB1 with AW, MCC, and Sunset Overdrive. Then reality steps in and slaps me with her cold, thorny hand and I remember how much I want to be out of debt and out of this shithole town.

Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
  • Options
    sPider817 wrote: »

Yeah, my job is having a "buy 2, get 1 free" sale on games the week MCC comes out. I'm so very tempted to pick up an XB1 with AW, MCC, and Sunset Overdrive. Then reality steps in and slaps me with her cold, thorny hand and I remember how much I want to be out of debt and out of this shithole town.

You can always just bang like 350 fat chicks for a dollar each.

• Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited November 2014

Gotta' build credit somehow!

I'm looking forward to next week. Here's hoping my Destiny Crucible skills somehow carry over. Will we be putting together a player list for the OP?

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular

Or one REALLY fat chick for 350.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular

Psssh, chicks don't pay for sex. That's the magic known as Vaginamancy.

Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    There are some comparison/gameplay videos of 360 stuff on YouTube. It's 60 fps and looks totally playable, so that's good I guess. Obviously looks less fancy than the new console versions.

• Options
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    There are some comparison/gameplay videos of 360 stuff on YouTube. It's 60 fps and looks totally playable, so that's good I guess. Obviously looks less fancy than the new console versions.

Somehow I doubt it actually is 60fps.

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Yeah, I mean Ghosts chugged on anything that wasn't top-gen, and even then it dropped the ball on occasion iirc
    Granted Sledgehammer probably has had the time to work out the kinks in optimising but still

• Options
    TPSouTPSou Mr Registered User regular
    Anyone else planning on getting this on the One tonight? I'll be on for an hour or so at midnight GMT GT: TPSou

• Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    Plenty of leaked gameplay of the single player out now, and I'm sold. Man alive, this is really good looking. If nothing else, it'll be a great tech showcase for a shiny new console, and one with much longer legs than Second Son.

• Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    I may pick up my PS4 copy tonight. Will anyone on that platform be available for a group?

Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    So...I've caught of few livestreams of this this and its a lot faster than Ghost was.

The ability to jump and strafe in mid-air looks pretty cool too.

The guns have that BLOPS audio which I hate and don't understand why they keep with it.

Looks like the also are going with a more traditional killstreak system, which is awesome since I fucking hated the killstreaks in Ghosts.

Overall, looks interesting but I'll still wait for impressions from you guys.

• Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    Just finished the first level, game is fun.
    I have not played a Call of Duty since Modern Warfare 2.

Exo-suit boosting for days!

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I...

think I'm just waiting to see how the PC version of this is before deciding on it

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    YallYall Registered User regular
    TPSou wrote: »
    Anyone else planning on getting this on the One tonight? I'll be on for an hour or so at midnight GMT GT: TPSou

Me and 3 real world peeps are downloading for the one right now. Might not be on at midnight, but definitely will be at 5:00 PM EDT tomorrow.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Mostly waiting on impressions for the single player campaign, since I discovered in my exploratory journey that the multi-player style of TDM all the time does *not* jive with me.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    I'm kinda concerned that the jump jets will make trying to use any weapon slower than a full-auto AR pointless.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    Only weapons that much slower are Sniper Rifles and they've always been of dubious use in CoD games.

• Options
    I'm talking mostly about LMGs and semi-autos.