Options

[Arrow] The best Batman show without Batman.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Robbie Amel also showed up on the Flash last night. He gets around like herpes!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    BigWillieStylesBigWillieStyles Expert flipper of tables Inside my mind...Registered User regular
    Static Shock is going to be a live action digital series.

Now, I love me some Static Shock, but this bit has me worried:
    The new version will be overseen by Reginald Hudlin and Milestone/original-series veteran Denys Cowan. No release date or timetable has yet been set.

After watching The Boondocks, I am... apprehensive... about Hudlin's involvement. Also, are they going to treat it like a "minority" property? Don't want: shameless pandering. Do want: a real crack at a serious minority super hero set in a disadvantaged area.
    He also produced Django Unchained, so there's that.

Honestly, they're gonna make it slightly more grown-up than the animated series. Which means a little bit of Spike Lee-ness thrown in but maybe some Tyler Perry-ness as well.

I'm optimistic.

3DS Friend Code: 1006 - 0121 - 6969
    PM me with yours if you add me
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited October 2014

The new version will be overseen by Reginald Hudlin and Milestone/original-series veteran Denys Cowan. No release date or timetable has yet been set.

After watching The Boondocks, I am... apprehensive... about Hudlin's involvement. Also, are they going to treat it like a "minority" property? Don't want: shameless pandering. Do want: a real crack at a serious minority super hero set in a disadvantaged area.

Yea, not a fan of Hudlin or his writing. His run on Black Panther was so bad and boring.

Edit: With that said I loved Static Shock and hope this turns out to be good.

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    "Bumped into Robbie Amel at a party, suddenly he was guest starring on Jane the virgin."

"Man you have to be careful with that shit, get a prescription or he'll become a series regular!"

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited October 2014

Picard-no-facepalm-1.jpg

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    BigWillieStylesBigWillieStyles Expert flipper of tables Inside my mind...Registered User regular
    edited October 2014

facepalm-picard-i17.png
    What exactly do you object to in that guy's quote? He probably doesn't want it to become a Spike Lee joint. Which is understandable from certain viewpoints.

BigWillieStyles on
  • Options

facepalm-picard-i17.png
    What exactly do you object to in that guy's quote? He probably doesn't want it to become a Spike Lee joint. Which is understandable from certain viewpoints.

He fucked over the Boondocks and his Black Panther comics were awful. Give it to Spike Lee, at his worst he'll do something interesting with it.

• Options
    He fucked over the Boondocks and his Black Panther comics were awful. Give it to Spike Lee, at his worst he'll do something interesting with it.
    Oh. Honestly, I'm surprised DC or Marvel didn't give a superhero film to Tyler Perry. As much as people may not like him, he gets asses in seats. And he'd cover a black superhero property much better than Spike Lee would. I have problems with Spike Lee's way of going about things. He's a little too much in the Al Sharpton camp for my tastes.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Hudlin's run on Black Panther was offensively bad.

• Options
    Oh. Honestly, I'm surprised DC or Marvel didn't give a superhero film to Tyler Perry. As much as people may not like him, he gets asses in seats.

Perry's action hero movie bombed. Antoine Fuqua is who deserves a shot, he's an amazing talent.
    And he'd cover a black superhero property much better than Spike Lee would. I have problems with Spike Lee's way of going about things. He's a little too much in the Al Sharpton camp for my tastes.

I noticed. ;)

• Options
    Pony wrote: »
    Hudlin's run on Black Panther was offensively bad.

Offensively bad and not even a tiny bit entertaining. The fact that he pulled Storm into his garbage ruined here character for quite a while also.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    If Static meets Medea, I will kill a bitch with my bare hands.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    DC would never allow that, but you know Tyler Perry would throw in a billboard or TV playing one of his properties somewhere. Because of course he would.
    Perry's action hero movie bombed. Antoine Fuqua is who deserves a shot, he's an amazing talent.

I noticed. ;)
    I very much enjoyed Olympus Has Fallen (so much better than White House Down,) so I'd like him to take a crack at a black superhero movie. Oh, and I loved The Equalizer. Denzel needs to be an older black superhero. But, which one could he be...

I honestly don't know why Marvel hasn't let a black or female hero have their own movie yet. Which is why they should have seen DC 1-up-ing them there.

Spike Lee has some divisive rhetoric in his past. As I said, too much Al Sharpton, not enough Martin Luther King, Jr.

BigWillieStyles on
  • Options
    DC would never allow that, but you know Tyler Perry would throw in a billboard or TV playing one of his properties somewhere. Because of course he would.

That's if DC still has Milestone under contract. That imprint isn't under their control anymore, it's licensed.

• Options
    Oh. Honestly, I'm surprised DC or Marvel didn't give a superhero film to Tyler Perry. As much as people may not like him, he gets asses in seats. And he'd cover a black superhero property much better than Spike Lee would. I have problems with Spike Lee's way of going about things. He's a little too much in the Al Sharpton camp for my tastes.

3206444754_8a3da0765a.jpg

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

On the plus side, there's a pretty good chance that it would actually be Perry in drag.

• Options
    There was already a black Super Hero movie.

http://youtu.be/96Y24a0cyCE

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »

Eh, we'll see. It would be better than a lot of people would give him credit for. He wouldn't get too bogged down in "the system is racist" rants (which, in the case of Luke Cage, probably need to be there somewhere.)

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »

Eh, we'll see. It would be better than a lot of people would give him credit for. He wouldn't get too bogged down in "the system is racist" rants (which, in the case of Luke Cage, probably need to be there somewhere.)

His BP run was filled with that theme.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Only the Fiendish Dr. Wu or Tricky Dick Nixon would give Static Shock to Tyler Perry.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    His BP run was filled with that theme.
    I was talking about Tyler Perry vs. Spike Lee there.

I just hope the Netflix Luke Cage series retains his original costume. Because that was just boss. The scene where he cobbles it together from a costume shop would be awesome. (My reading of Luke Cage is pretty much limited to the first issue of his comic which detailed his origin story. It came with the Marvel Legends Luke Cage action figure. Funnily enough, the only Iron Man comic book I'd read before seeing the first Iron Man movie was the introduction of the Silver Centurion armor that came with the Silver Centurion armor Iron Man action figure from the Marvel Legends line. It ended up being the issue where Obadiah Stane goes crazy with his Iron Monger and dies really quickly when the suit malfunctions and explodes on him.)

BigWillieStyles on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    christ, can we keep terrible Marvel movie opinions out of this thread please and to like, the thread for that?

god damn

let's talk about Arrow or something

new episode tonight!

• Options
    You know I was going to complain that Black Dynamite isn't a comic hero, and when I did a quick google he does have a comic. So uhh complaint recinded!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I want Brandon Routh to become the Atom already. They need to stop sticking that carrot in our faces and just have the accident or experiment or whatever happen (or maybe he already has the powers.)

• Options
    edited October 2014
    I want Brandon Routh to become the Atom already. They need to stop sticking that carrot in our faces and just have the accident or experiment or whatever happen (or maybe he already has the powers.)
    Nah. He's a riot as he is now. Best not!Ted Kord ever.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    Nah. He's a riot as he is now. Best not!Ted Kord ever.
    Well, how about The Question then?

• Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    You know Hub City is apparently worse than Gotham?

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Latest Arrow
    Fuck yes OMAC.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    i lold at ollie shooting 4 dudes way faster than he could have bowed them

next episode: oliver queen in PUNISHER

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    some1's stunt double is way too obviously a different person...
    also
    is felicity going to go visit barry

felicity in flash uguuu barry forget about dumb iris :rotate:

poo
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    a cursory google says yes

poo
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    i lold at ollie shooting 4 dudes way faster than he could have bowed them

next episode: oliver queen in PUNISHER

but he doesn't have... rope bullets?

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    That bit with Oliver using a gun was great.
    "I never said I couldn't use a gun..."

Kinda wish Wildcat was a bit older if he's going to be playing Laural's mentor.

Also Thea fighting with a sword :heartbeat:

LostNinja on
  • Options
    Mark Shaw, also known as Manhunter, reveals himself. How about that?

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Latest Arrow ep:
    1) Why haven't they moved to a new base yet? What ever happened to that second hidey-hole they showed last season? Seriously, everyone and their mom knows about the Verdant basement by now.

2) Laurel Lance = zzzzzzzzzz. I laughed when she got beat up, which is just terrible. Seriously, I couldn't care less about her storyline right now. Please be more whiney and selfish and zzzzzzz.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Latest Arrow ep:
    1) Why haven't they moved to a new base yet? What ever happened to that second hidey-hole they showed last season? Seriously, everyone and their mom knows about the Verdant basement by now.

2) Laurel Lance = zzzzzzzzzz. I laughed when she got beat up, which is just terrible. Seriously, I couldn't care less about her storyline right now. Please be more whiney and selfish and zzzzzzz.

Same:
    1) Budget. That's a perfectly good set they spent good cash on.

2) That's my mental scene whenever Thea does something badass- she gets her ass kicked like Laurel did. Thea is eye candy, accept it show! Laurel's arc is more believable and interesting than Thea throwing a fit, losing her mind, and magically becoming a 90 pound ninja master inside a year.

3) The only way to salvage Thea (and Oliver should fucking know better): Get a gun people! As noted, Oliver dropped the goons way faster with it. At least carry one as an option.

4)Flee Felicity, flee! Do not return! She can do all the hacking from Flash! It improve both shows in one swoop!

• Options
    I liked Laurel's arc last night, that you laughed at a woman getting beat up is uhh disturbing, hella disturbing.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    I liked Laurel's arc last night, that you laughed at a woman getting beat up is uhh disturbing, hella disturbing.

I'm glad she finally has a purpose
    and is on her way to being Black Canary.

• Options
    It feels organic, I mean I'm still sad about Sarah, but what they are doing with Laurel gives her an actual position in the show.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    It doesn't feel organic at all. It feels shoehorned in because they needed something for Laurel to do so what the hell why not.

This discussion has been closed.