As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Drawfia: The Phalla of Fabulous Artistry

191011121315»

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    premium, I was sad that you chose this as an opportunity to renew our blood feud rather than our brief status as cryptographer Jedi pals.

Also I now want to design a Hieroglyphics phalla that includes The Doctor just to annoy you.

Auralynx on
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    I was glad I was the host, because I only understood maybe 40% of what people were drawing.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    Hmm mafia was allowed to talk in text? That's a disappointment :) I did pick out Gizzy and MrT though, guess I do alright in art games!

This was a lot more fun than I thought it would be, some of the drawings really were puzzles .. took me ages to figure out what the batman sign meant (thought it was pointing out to someone's avatar). I even thought the batman masks were bandits at first.

Sorry for having to withdraw! Thanks for hosting SirFab

Great drawings everyone!

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    I had no idea what was going on.

And then I got yelled at for asking.

So business as usual.

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    It was impossible to set up a network in this game and being a special must have been terrible, since seers were almost useless if they said what they seer. But I got an idea of a silent phalla (based on a past phalla I saw) were no one can talk on thread except vote, no proboard (except mafia), and all communication is done with PM's with a max of two people in those conversations and the host.

• Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    Yeah. I was really hoping a special would out themselves so I'd have a better guard target. Second best scenario being my forced to out myself (I didn't want to reveal prematurely, both to avoid becoming a target if another special outed themselves as well as to avoid tipping my hand that I could self-guard), although this latter case ended up being nerve-wracking as village didn't seem to believe my claim.

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    If Vert had outed herself more persistently Day 1, instead of outing herself and only me picking up on it, then Mega could have just guarded her for most of the game, whilst she revealed villagers who were about to die to the vote or any mafia she discovered.
    That said, I would have never considered this as seer because the last two Phallas I've played in both had guards who couldn't actually guard against mafia attacks.

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    discrider wrote: »
    That said, I would have never considered this as seer because the last two Phallas I've played in both had guards who couldn't actually guard against mafia attacks.

wait, what?

if one of the games you are talking about is Blarney's game. I wouldn't count that since technically it was the mafia having one essentially unblock-able attack and it was a battle game.

Egos on
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Well, Blarney's game had the mafia unblockable attack, and the potato game had the cold potatoes which didn't do anything because all the hot potatoes inevitably ended up on just one person, so removing one didn't actually do all that much. Also, the mafia could drop two hot potatoes on the same target potentially, so even if the potatoes did loop back around onto the target, one cold potato wouldn't guard against both the mafia's attacks.
    I should probably also note that those two Phallas were the only Phallas I had played in before this one (or maybe so far depending on how you view a Day 1ing), so I wasn't expecting such a vanilla setup at all.
    Like, at best, I would've guessed that the guard could only target the same target once before switching to another target.

discrider on
  • Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    Well, Blarney's game had the mafia unblockable attack, and the potato game had the cold potatoes which didn't do anything because all the hot potatoes inevitably ended up on just one person, so removing one didn't actually do all that much. Also, the mafia could drop two hot potatoes on the same target potentially, so even if the potatoes did loop back around onto the target, one cold potato wouldn't guard against both the mafia's attacks.
    I should probably also note that those two Phallas were the only Phallas I had played in before this one (or maybe so far depending on how you view a Day 1ing), so I wasn't expecting such a vanilla setup at all.
    Like, at best, I would've guessed that the guard could only target the same target once before switching to another target.

Heh. Your intuitions are being set and framed by a sample of two, where those two games were pretty idiosyncratic. I would not, currently, generalize about setups from the games you've played so far. Others in the game would've made this point to you if people had been able to effectively discuss such abstract concepts.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Well, I got day 1'd and was a vanillager, so it's not like my assumptions really had any effect on this game anyhow.
    Also, not sure if that use of idiosyncratic is correct. Sounds a bit like you're saying that those games were defining exemplars of the Phalla genre as a whole.

discrider on
  • Options
    well they were both rather unique and strayed quite a bit from the normal framework, so ...idiosyncratic doesn't seem incorrect. Pretty sure he is saying the exact opposite of your last line.

• Options
    mmm.
    It depends on whether idiosyncratic can also mean "having the property of being an idiosyncrasy" as well as "having idiosyncrasies".

• Options
    I think it can mean either? In this context, I'm pretty sure it's just they are especially unique/distinct games.

• Options
    You guys need to get laid more often.

• Options
    More often implies current sexual activity.

• Options
    WE'RE ARGUING SEMANTICS FOR A REASON, @GRUNT'S GHOST. ;-)

oh that was more point, nevermind carry on .

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular

Some might say we need a good, deep, phalla-ing?

• Options
    Auralynx wrote: »

Some might say we need a good, deep, phalla-ing?

I get the feeling this is gonna end up becoming a very awkward euphemism

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Too late, bro.

• Options
    What we need is a main. Too bad I don't have one ready.