Options

[BF4] 100% of servers now running 24/7 Meatro. We've come full circle.

0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns.Registered User regular
edited February 2014 in Games and Technology
Battlefield_4.jpg

TS3 INFO FOR BATTLEFIELD 4 (and other) SHENANIGANS

Name: Penny Arcade TeamSpeak Server
Address: 74.207.227.159
password: the usual

Welcome to the Battlefield thread!
this space reserved

u4OkoEI.png
0Replace4Displace on

• Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Taranis wrote: »
    Taranis wrote: »
    Just realized there's no SUSAT scope in the game. Darn.

Guess it's ACOG's all around.

And it's a damn good thing too, because the SUSAT is a pile of horseshit.

He is making a point to use British equipment... :P
    The 240 is an exception

The SA80 - the only rifle even the Germans couldn't fix.

I've fired one of those.

I was forced to fire it right handed due to no left handed models being available. I was a bad shot.

I don't really follow guns much though. I'm guessing the L85A2/that whole series replaced the SA80 which is why it's in BF now?

If you're right eye dominant it shouldn't have mattered.

I'm really curious about why it can't be fired left handed anyway. A right-handed charging handle shouldn't matter too much if it has a last round bolt hold open feature, and a right side ejection port usually doesn't hinder ambidexterity much.
    iRevert wrote: »
    WE NEED PEOPLE ON THE DOAM CMAWN

Only the new maps? See you in two weeks.

That is kind of ridiculous in my opinion...

We were told (CCF, Combined Cadet Force, kinda like boy scouts except with the military) that because the ejection port was on the right hand side we had to hold it right handed to prevent the shells landing on us while we fired. Also I'm bad at guns anyway having fired them a total of twice in my life outside of air rifles so it might not have just being a handedness thing.

In Battlefield British collection news I got the ribbons for the L96A1. Just need to get the DMR/Shotty/C4 round which shouldn't be too hard.

Most modern semi or fully automatic firearms feature a shell deflector for this purpose. There's a physical chunk of material which the casing impacts upon being extracted. This deflects the casing forward and out, typically significantly reducing or altogether eliminating the issue of hot brass to the jaw.

The L85A2 rifles have this deflector built into the charging handle, but previously had no deflector. If you used an L85A1, it may have been the case that you were told to fire off-hand for a good reason.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    I wonder if this game has stopped crashing! All the servers are probably playing China Land so I can't find out.

• Options
    ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    I wonder if this game has stopped crashing! All the servers are probably playing China Land so I can't find out.

I went eight rounds straight before I decided to take a break. Seems to be getting better. I'm wondering if putting the game on my SSD helped.

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    can we unlock the new new guns yet? I needs my AS VAL

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
  • Options
    CroakerCroaker Registered User regular

Wrong expansion.

I am never going to get the jet fighter ribbons. Is flying with a controller on PC bugged? I can't seem to brake and turn at the same time.

• Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    I unlocked the RPK-74M. Seems pretty cool.

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    TTODewback wrote: »
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/news/view/pc-game-update-dec-3/

TOMORROW

THE UPDATE

HALLELUJAH

PRAISE TO THE SPAGHETTI MONSTER

I hope it finally resolves my crashing issues on Dawnbreaker and Siege of Shanghai.

The answer to this is no...

Any workarounds for the game freezing while the same sound loops until one kills the process?

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Glider decapitation is best thing.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    WolveSightWolveSight Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/news/view/pc-game-update-dec-3/

TOMORROW

THE UPDATE

HALLELUJAH

PRAISE TO THE SPAGHETTI MONSTER

I hope it finally resolves my crashing issues on Dawnbreaker and Siege of Shanghai.

The answer to this is no...

Any workarounds for the game freezing while the same sound loops until one kills the process?

try playing the game in borderless mode instead of fullscreen.

253J736.png
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Does DICE even think this shit through before putting it in the game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG4Vw17uvtk

Does giving people a bunch of ways to kill from a long distance away behind a hill without a gun really make this game more fun?

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Everybody's just taking a break from the war to fly some RC planes

• Options
    ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    I'm currently slogging through my 3 air superiority rounds trying to get a jet ribbon.

• Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    So, any way to access the Dome if you don't have premium?

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    edited December 2013

Does giving people a bunch of ways to kill from a long distance away behind a hill without a gun really make this game more fun?

It depends entirely one which side of the long distance murdering your on I suppose.

Dyvim Tvar on
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    Shade wrote: »
    So, any way to access the Dome if you don't have premium?

I believe ThatGuy was talking about changing the rotation back to normal maps, with the new ones mixed in as well. So you should be able to play there fine for most of the maps.

253J736.png
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    So Air Superiority is basically the dumbest shit ever and I knew there was a reason I avoided it in BF3. The name of the game is when you're about to die crash on purpose to rob the guy on your tail of his precious kills/points. The KBAM controls are laughably bad or there are some buttons I'm not aware of.

I can get kills in the jet but not five in a row with these 300 ticket matches. I really don't know how these autistic jet kids that go 85 and 3 in a match do it. The worst is you'll be flying a long, or just spawn and immediately get the dat-dat-dat-dat that you have missles incoming. Zero warning at all. Just scramble for the X key or get fucked. The person at DICE responsible for these jet controls should be shot in front if his family.

Shogun on
  • Options
    Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    Air Superiority with attack choppers is... Odd, to say the least.

Scout choppers would be more fun I think.

• Options
    AhiMahiAhiMahi Registered User regular
    I have deep hate for Firestorm map on BF3 and that same hate can be applied to BF4 version. So many snipers 20 miles away from closest objective.

Loving MTAR so far and it is a fun gun. My fav gun over all is SG553 with over 1100 kills but I think MTAR very close second. I just need to tame the recoil better.

• Options
    HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Fuck Air superiority and fuck DICE for locking Support shit behind jets.

edit: haha what? jets can have flares AND ECM? brilliant... and i'm also remembering why i liked the 'less vehicles' maps in BF3... not because they are to good or whatever but simply because the teams are never balanced so you'll always have that one team with one awesome pilot/heli pilot and a really good/awesome tank driver and they will just utterly destroy your shit because you have no fucking hope even if your entire team went engineers.

Heroth on
    1Gn4PNI.png
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Heroth wrote: »

Agree with this so much. That game mode is fucking terrible.

And its compounded by DICE's normal incompetence. Why does doing 95% damage to a jet not give me the fucking kill if they crash into the ground? Everyone is just crashing themselves so you can't get kills.

6 rounds and I got one of three necessary jet ribbons.

• Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    I shot mans today, despite my mouse not liking the couch and using a $10 wifi dongle my brief time with the game was pretty sweet.

I really need to de-janky my setup though.

• Options
    CroakerCroaker Registered User regular
    My skill rating plummeted over 200 points trying to get a jet fighter ribbon. I didn't even get one.

• Options

edit: haha what? jets can have flares AND ECM? brilliant... and i'm also remembering why i liked the 'less vehicles' maps in BF3... not because they are to good or whatever but simply because the teams are never balanced so you'll always have that one team with one awesome pilot/heli pilot and a really good/awesome tank driver and they will just utterly destroy your shit because you have no fucking hope even if your entire team went engineers.

um... not sure what you're seeing, but jets can only have flares or ECM, not both at the same time.

253J736.png
  • Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    My sound is still 100% fucked up.

4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    WolveSight wrote: »

um... not sure what you're seeing, but jets can only have flares or ECM, not both at the same time.

Yeah, looked it up after... i have no idea how it happened or what happened but, a Jet did a strafe on me and some team mates (missed completely) then pulled up basically right on top and dropped what looked like flares, i locked onto him and fired (with the igla) and while holding the lock the red 'lock box' just disappeared, which i assume is ECM (was like that in bf3 so i'm assuming it hasn't changed).

So either i was mistook something else for 'flares' or the launcher somehow bugged out and i lost lock... he was going basically straight up so i doubt he went 'out of range' in the short amount of time it took me to lock/fire but maybe...

1Gn4PNI.png
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular

Jesus that looks broken as shit. I hope resupplying it from an ammo crate takes a really long time.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    SonorkSonork CanadaRegistered User regular
    Dac wrote: »

Jesus that looks broken as shit. I hope resupplying it from an ammo crate takes a really long time.

It does not. :(

• Options
    Jimmy MarkuJimmy Marku LondonRegistered User regular
    I don't know what you guys think but to me the new maps seem pretty featureless, or maybe a bit unfinished. Just shitloads of open space with a few small bases. It's appropriate on Silk Road, though kind of dull, but Dragon Valley is just a hikathon/way too open with not enough vehicles. Guilin Peaks is ok, but seems really unnatural and gamey. Atlai is cool though, if bland looking. Also, no levolution? WTF?

Not a fan compared to the og ones.

• Options
    Spanish InquisitionSpanish Inquisition Suprise Posting SpainRegistered User regular
    Look on the bright side!

Now me and a bunch of other people only have to wait a couple of weeks for the $5 sale.
    'How could Dice let this happen' (Top of scoreboard 29 kills zero deaths)
    'Bomb carrier down.'
    'I ran over 6 of them!'
    'I got the bomb carrier.'
    'I KILLED 7 OF THEM!!!'
    'bomb carrier is dead!'
    'I killed the fucking jet with it!'
    'Helicopter hit 73 damage.'
    'Lol he was in his parachute.'

AKA: gottabegaming, gotta, gottabeajerk, and Mr. Wave's Point/Click Adventure.

NO ONE EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION! Oh bugger.
  • Options
    OzonekillOzonekill Registered User regular
    I hear there is no levelution events in the new maps

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    I want that guided mortar. I had a love hate relationship with the Mortar in BF3. I did manage to head shot a sniper with a smoke bomb and disabled a few tanks but god it was an effort in frustration.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Why the hell would they not have levolution? Like not even a weather or time of day change? God I'm already regretting my premium. If they make a snow map that doesn't have snowfall I'll just scream

Also why did they reduce medics res scores to 20? I have a grenade launcher instead of medipacks, so combine that with the quick re spawn times which mean charging up your paddles for a full Rez is a fevered pipe dream, and you've pretty much guaranteed that nobody will res. I can understand the low health when you spawn, but you should at least get 50 points for a res. it means that unless someone drops dead right next to me I won't bother trying to res

I'm on xbxo one btw for reference

Prohass on
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    Sonork wrote: »
    Dac wrote: »

It does not. :(

Now I know what I'll unlock next!

Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    To be honest I'm kinda okay with no levellotion. Considering all that's actually meant for the most part is a one time gimmick that causes the map to play worse (Shanghai and Floodzone are the worst for this). Destruction is much more interesting when it's just a part of the game rather than a gimmick saying 'shoot here for special effects'.

Regarding the defib thing they pretty much made it balanced and a choice between the launcher and the defib. Which is great. If you want your 100 points just chuck a med pack out on whoever you revived.

• Options
    Spanish InquisitionSpanish Inquisition Suprise Posting SpainRegistered User regular
    Here's the full on pro match! Full of pro manuavers!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrQ7l6dlB_U

AKA: gottabegaming, gotta, gottabeajerk, and Mr. Wave's Point/Click Adventure.

NO ONE EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION! Oh bugger.
  • Options
    GutterkisserGutterkisser Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    So after mentally checking out on BF4 on the PC (I don't get crashes, it just runs like garbage from CPU spikes) I did the unthinkable and got it on PS4. And you know what? Turns out I actually give a shit about the game when it runs smoothly. Having a far greater time already.

About these China Rising maps... is Dragon Valley THE Dragon Valley from BF2? Because holy shit that's the kind of map scale I want to see more of again. Though without multiple 8-seater Blackhawks it could be a fairly impaired experience.

EDIT: Based on the YouTube footage I've seen, Dragon Valley that ain't :( Why must all checkpoints be like 100m apart these days?

Gutterkisser on
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Croaker wrote: »

Wrong expansion.

I am never going to get the jet fighter ribbons. Is flying with a controller on PC bugged? I can't seem to brake and turn at the same time.

that's why I said new new and not just new, considering I've had the CR weapons for like a month now...

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Prohass wrote: »
    Why the hell would they not have levolution? Like not even a weather or time of day change? God I'm already regretting my premium. If they make a snow map that doesn't have snowfall I'll just scream

Also why did they reduce medics res scores to 20? I have a grenade launcher instead of medipacks, so combine that with the quick re spawn times which mean charging up your paddles for a full Rez is a fevered pipe dream, and you've pretty much guaranteed that nobody will res. I can understand the low health when you spawn, but you should at least get 50 points for a res. it means that unless someone drops dead right next to me I won't bother trying to res

I'm on xbxo one btw for reference

Like Albino said, drop a medpack as you rez them. SHould get to 100 before they even get moving

Mulletude on
    XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    NickTheNewbieNickTheNewbie Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Croaker wrote: »

Wrong expansion.

I had the same problem, and was able to get around it using this fix: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/Joystick-control-failures-on-bf4-on-PC/td-p/1733191

NickTheNewbie on