As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

WIZARD PEOPLE, DEAR [Mini-PHALLA] - MAFIA VICTORY

• Options
    Buddha73Buddha73 Registered User regular
    No!!!! I hit post before 10!!!!

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Hahahahahahahahahaha.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Dammit, cut that too close. At this point, I suspect Buddha's read on his brother sucked.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Vote closed at [x:59]

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Quite possibly

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Goal was to tie the vote, as it was the only shot at a village win. Ideally with GG being the one to make the tie.

• Options
    Buddha73Buddha73 Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    so mad right now.

Buddha73 on
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    But I needed to make sure at least Sir Fab or myself lived.

Because I am Val-Mart!

• Options
    GG, GG

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Yeah. This is why Spoit needed to die.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Night 8 - The Downfall of Hogwarts

Chapter 29

Here now, in the rubble of the last quarter of the game, sacrifices have to be made in order to gain the checkmate. The Pony's face is a phosphorescent mask of jelly. He is at the last strands of sanity, and his mind is swollen, invisible behind his retinas. He is mad with the satanic desire to win at any cost.

I will die for this!' he says. He is a veritable milkshake of all of the past generals' strategical centres. He takes out a flask and sips a bit of peach schnapps. And then he yells out to Upfish, 'You can keep my stuff, if I don't survive this! You know it's sweet stuff, man! Just take it!' And he moves himself into formation and out into danger.

He is putting himself up to the king and is putting that king into check, knowing full well that the queen will come over and have his balls for this. It is a move that everyone knows, and everyone has to do, but when you're not riding a giant horse out there, and it's just a little piece in your hand that you're sacrificing, it doesn't feel quite so heroic. But believe me, here, on this board, in Ragnarök, it is.

PinkyPie steadies himself and gazes right into the slit of the helmet, looking for some sort of eyes, some sort of response from his executioner, but there is none. And PinkyPie the Pony, PinkyPie the Pony quakes and is felled. Chunks of his horse spray-paint Upfish and Beautiful Lady. She almost goes to PinkyPie.

Don't fucking move! We finish this now! It's how he would have wanted it!' Upfish screams this as he moves like a bishop right up to the face of that king. He takes out a glove, and he slaps that king right in the face. 'Checkmate, you asshole. That was my best friend.'

The game is finally over.

The two, after taking the Sword of Defeat, decide it is safe to run over to check on the status of PinkyPie. 'Is he breathing? Is he dead?' Beautiful Lady nags Upfish. 'Why did you let him fall?'

One more complaint out of you and I will erase your ass! You understand me? I'm sorry. I'm sorry. It's just the pressure talking.'

Upfish takes a deep breath and remembers what he's down here for. He goes on to instruct Beautiful Lady to stay with the injured Pony, make sure his vitals are clean, and to call the president if he's not back in an hour. He knows what is next, he feels it, and he is ready for the challenge.

Chapter 30

As Upfish walks down into his fate, he comes to realise that this is the moment beyond games, the moment he has been waiting for. No matter what happens, he is where he should be.

Before him, down the darkest of stairs and into the cellar, standing before the Gate of Heaven, why, it isn't Snake at all! It's Queerman! Queerman! Queerman tried to kill Upfish in the Cribbage match! Queerman unleashed the troll! Queerman is in league with Draculas and wolfmen! Queerman wants the Stone! It's all been an act! Upfish is bowled over. He can't believe he didn't see this coming. Queerman this whole time has been Upfish's dad's gofer. Snake was unfairly suspected, and is probably a lovely woman.

Upfish stands before the babbling Queerman and readies himself for final combat. He puts on his lucky headband and pops his knuckles. And all the while, Queerman seems to be conversing wildly with the air.

Upfish knows that his dad is a ghost, a ghost Dracula, and he knows that he flies around in the air sometimes, but he doesn't see him flying around anywhere here and wonders just who Queerman is talking to. The air, then, miraculously, becomes thinner, and Upfish's forehead aches. The air begins to tell Queerman to retrieve the Stone using our champion, using Upfish as a vehicle, for only innocence can retrieve the Stone from the Gate of Heaven. The Stone is locked behind Heaven's gate and only a pure soul may enter.

A spell is cast, and Upfish is forced to walk all jerky-style right up to look into the dreadful threshold of Heaven. He knows he looks really stupid, but he cannot break away from the spell and has to peer into the mirror as Queerman is demanding to know if Upfish sees the Stone.

Put your hand in there, boy!'

Upfish defiantly thrusts his hand down into his pocket. Somehow the Stone manifests itself into Upfish's sweaty mitt. 'Oh, God, this sucks', Upfish thinks to himself. But, having broken the spell with the hand thing, he decides to just back away. While Queerman is chatting up the air, maybe Upfish can just hide the Stone somewhere else until he can decide what to do, once talking with Dumbledore. He makes up an excuse about how he can't get through Heaven's gate because, you know, he killed a dude a couple of weeks back, and that clearly prohibits his entrance and all.

But, through Upfish's excuse, Queerman is starting to take off his turban mesmerisingly, and, even though Upfish should be making his way for the steps, he's always wanted to see what Queerman's head looks like.

Upfish and the boys have always joked about the possible hair-dos, or crazy balding—AAAGGGHHH! Holy fucking balls! There's a sick-ass face on Queerman's head! Upfish almost ignites in vomit. Upfish's dad's face begins to move, like a marmalade baby just out of the womb. He calls to Upfish to join him, and says how they could use the Stone together and live in a golden castle and shit. Upfish's scar begins to vibrate so hard and fast it causes a tone that almost makes Upfish's skull shatter. He cannot believe one fucking piece of this reality. Fuck! and shit!

Chapter 31

That crazy, sick-ass face is burning everything now. He wants that Stone so bad. He wants to paddle Upfish so hard. He starts telling Upfish all sorts of fake shit, like Upfish killed his own parents but just doesn't remember, and that Dumbledore eats babies. Upfish is confused and scared. This is his dad talking. He doesn't know what to believe and what to hate. He wants to run off. He imagines that that man-horse would come in here and take him away, and maybe they could catch a movie, or make dinner or something. Something fun for a change.

But, finally, he comes out of this reverie and holds the Stone to absorb some of its power and then waits for the right moment to strike. The flames are licking hotly all about, driving him crazy. And that sick-ass face is still talking. It wants that Stone so bad, it is willing to burn everything, including itself, for a chance to get it.

Upfish can't believe it. 'This is not me. I am not my father. I could throw this Stone into a gutter and not give one fucking shit.'

The squirmy dad-face is seemingly having trouble commanding its host-body and tries to get him to jump at Upfish, and, after a few takes, it finally does. He lashes out on him, choking him and spitting in his face, trying to kill our champion. But, Upfish gives forth a ferocious growl and burns that fucker with a Flaming Hand Spell. Queerman recoils, but that sick-ass face on the back of his head just won't have it. He will not take retreat. He continues to press Queerman to get the Stone. 'Hey, Queerman! Forget the hand, man! Get the Stone! Get the Stone!'

Queerman again reaches for the Stone, but Upfish valiantly lays his magnificent hands on Queerman's face, and instantly turns the entire body to crumbling ashes.

At long last, Upfish is in real time with his destiny. He cries out, 'I am important and unavoidable!'

Upfish yells down into the empty neck-hole, 'Oh! this game is over when Upfish says it's over, and no-one else! Upfish is the one who kills around here, and Upfish has killed you! I killed you, Dad!'

Upfish picks up the Stone just in time to turn around and feel his dad blow through him, just as everyone has their dads blow into them like a kite, a kite of chromosomes blowing on the wind of inheritance. The stream of the ghostly Dracula exits, and Upfish passes out into a deathy sleep.

Upfish then dreams of nothing but a black, still ocean that he is at the bottom of. He never wakes up.

Valmart blows through all the children, like a kite of chromosomes blowing on the wind of inheritance

The Dead:
    Buddha73, Wizard
    Spoit, Wizard
    Sir Fabulous, Dazzler

The Living:
    enlightenedbum, Wizard
    Grunt’s Ghost
    Mafia Victory

Congrats!!

The living winners:
    Grunt’s Ghost

The other winners:

Sir Fabulous
    Jdarksun
    Mikey CTS
    premium
    SLyM

Gizzy on
  • Options
    Thank you all so much for signing up and playing my game. I was so excited to introduce you to this silly parody of Harry Potter. This is actually the first game I’ve ever hosted all by myself, so even though it was very vanilla - I made a few mistakes.

I’d like to share with you my lessons learned. The vets will prob nod their heads knowingly.

1. Handling Inactivus/Withdrawals - After speaking with Blarney .. you guys were right, they should be treated exactly the same. Sorry for killing off people! At least it turned out to be even - one mafia, one village.

2. Clear Rules - I shouldn’t write things like “super vanilla” and assume everyone knows what that entails. I’ll be more specific next time!

3. I should have stated in the OP before sign ups that I did not plan on having extended weekends.

4. Mafia Wincon - To avoid potential “Host Victory” I should word the win condition to “outnumber or tie” the village, instead of simply outnumber.

5. Mafia Cover Roles - I needed to specify at the beginning that the sample village PM would suffice. Also, I purposely left out the neutral role so that the mafia could claim survivor nuetral. I should have written up a couple of examples of neutral characters they could have used since the source material was a little obscure.

I’m sure there were more - so feel free to give me feedback so that I can improve for the next game.

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    GODDAMMIT @BUDDHA73
    WHY THE GODDAMN FUCKITY FUCK DID YOU TELL YOUR BROTHER EVERYONE WHO HAD BEEN SEERED !?
    SERIOUSLY, WHAT THE FUCK?

• Options
    God Im good.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    God Im good.

No. Your brother is a goose

Egos on
  • Options
    If it's a vanilla game, there's no real need to do cover roles. If the mafia knows that the vanillagers all received the same PM, any additional covers they want to use should be their prerogative. (and also a silly thing to do, given how there are likely only special named roles)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Why did the network just abandon Spoit? Like for a little while I figured he never got seered, but then the whole thing went public, so then it wasn't. That was the problem at the end. Blargh.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    His move seemed too blatant for him. For me at least.

edit: Spoit was gonna get seered the night UGM died ftr.

Egos on
  • Options
    Village Roles

Vig
    You are Harry fucking Potter!

7m7gn3G.jpg

You are a new god, with stockpiles of nuclear-level energy, a beautiful animal, a destroyer of worlds.
    Drunk every day before noon, and produce many a Wine-Out-of-Nowhere Spell.

As the Vig, once per night, you may brandish your wand -
    Kabloomers! Destrucción!

Wincon: Eliminate Val-Mart’s Army

Guard
    You are Ronnie the Bear

mEasmIF.jpg

You LOVE twizzlers. You are a pot-of-coffee-by-day, bottle-of-wine-by-night type of guy.
    When Ron the Mighty is stood in front of the Gate of Heaven he denounces it. He cries, 'Heaven is for those too scared of nothingness!

As the Guard, once per night, being the BADASS that you are, you may protect another wizard. The Bear does not fear death, he cannot protect himself.

Seer
    You are The Wretched Harmony

MGtLZaY.jpg
    Incredibly ugly yet talented and brilliant. Your hair seems to be made up of hair-follicle-sized serpents. A pre-pubescent Medusa.

As the Seer, once per night, using your “Peek at Role PM Spell,” you may learn the role and alignment of another wizard.

• Options
    In buddha's defense, Im a good liar.

• Options
    I just don't understand why anyone ever would tell an unverified person who is in the network. Unless it's like the last day of the game.

And apparently the mafia was able to find Mill + UGM through process of elimination. Since they weren't mentioned as seered. It's just ugh.

• Options
    In buddha's defense, Im a good liar.

As said there is no circumstance in which you should tell an unverified person that information. You are also abusive as hell to him in games, he is like a dog who constantly gets kicked but remains loyal to a fault.

• Options
    Mafia Roles

Grunt's Ghost
    Grunt’s Ghost you are Val-Mart

1c9dchp.jpg

You are a badass scar-maker.
    A wizard with uncanny powers, but so evil, as soon as you came out of the womb, you put a scar on your own forehead.
    You can kill anyone, anything. A gorilla or a bear, whatever, anything.
    Anything except for a little baby, whose parents didn’t want to be part of the Dark Side Club to kill for fun.

Jdarksun
    Jdarksun you are Snake

rwOhzWa.jpg

A hideous woman that seems like the type of teacher that paddles for fun.

Mikey CTS
    Mikey CTS you are Mouthoil

LBSz8RD.jpg

A dreadful kid with sunburned hair who makes fun of poor people and casts many a Shame Spell.

SirFabulous
    Sir Fabulous you are Dazzler

uXwKKBG.jpg

Man-servant to the Bloody-eyed Cat of Security. He is a man who obviously has never heard the laugh of a lover, never heard the phrase 'You are fine' from a doctor.

premium
    Premium you are Bloody-eyed Cat of Security

4bLmoSS.jpg

Head of security. Has a manservant, Dazzler. Can see through invisibility cloaks. Crookshanks ain’t got nothin’ on you.

SLyM
    SLyM you are Joey Lumbermouth

AMtkDyt.jpg

The most hideous boy in the world. He has a lumber pile in his mouth that he is calling teeth, and he is a mean S.O.B.

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Was this outside the game?
    Because I would have thought, for two brothers who purposely try to avoid Phalla conversation, that any inquiry is pretty much a hard tell of that brother being mafia.

• Options
    discrider wrote: »
    Was this outside the game?
    Because I would have thought, for two brothers who purposely try to avoid Phalla conversation, that any inquiry is pretty much a hard tell of that brother being mafia.

Gizzy informed me of it after I died. So not exactly sure, he didn't tell the network the full extent of what he did. He did tell us he told GG he was seered after schuss+him did that stupid thread stunt that outed themselves.

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    If the host isn't present, do not fucking talk about an ongoing phalla game with anyone. It's really fucking discourteous to affect the outcome of a game in such a manner and this is the second time we've had this happen with a phalla game that Buddha has participated in.

• Options
    Ah another error - didn't count the votes correctly, Ebum lives.
    I'll still call it Mafia Victory because I worded things poorly.

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Actually, if ebum and GG are still alive, wouldn't that be host victory?

• Options
    Gizzy wrote: »

I'll still call it Mafia Victory because I worded things poorly.

• Options
    People talk about Phalla IRL all the time. Just because I used him this time shouldnt cause it to be frownd upon. What good whould it have done if Gizzy had been there or not? She couldnt affect the outcome. And the last time wasnt his fault, but a friend of ours.

• Options
    I must say, I'm not a big fan of the "I made a mistake or look bad, please kill me" meta.
    Seems like a good way to vote off another villager if followed, and if not just floods the thread with repeated musings on how dodgy you look.
    Better to just go "Oh well" and continue trying to work towards attempting to out mafia instead.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    I must say, I'm not a big fan of the "I made a mistake or look bad, please kill me" meta.
    Seems like a good way to vote off another villager if followed, and if not just floods the thread with repeated musings on how dodgy you look.
    Better to just go "Oh well" and continue trying to work towards attempting to out mafia instead.

It really is combined behavior with fishy behavior.

<---- Captain Obvious

But some people go "YOU WERE ON _____ BW", you are the evils. Spoit was an easy vote and I was curious who would jump on to get info before making the jdark call.

edit: Sadly on my part , re: Sir Fab - I initially dismissed him a bit because the odds of two mafia wagons gaining traction seemed rather off. Assuran caught something great "hmm Sir Fab randomly voted for MikeyCTS" , sadly the network ignored him and went with Flarne. And I guess he didn't have enough confidence? (this was after I was dead)

Also do you specifically mean being resigned to your fate if you make a mistake or people just jumping on easy targets?

Egos on
  • Options
    I admit it's a useful tool for other people in those situations, but repeatedly calling for your own death just seems like unnecessary noise.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    telling something seer info that hasn't been seered, come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

• Options
    spoit was right though, although with no vig there was no need to do it because the mafia would never have killed him and the vote would have been wasted.

• Options
    I admit it's a useful tool for other people in those situations, but repeatedly calling for your own death just seems like unnecessary noise.

ah wasn't sure what you meant exactly. It's understandable that people get frustrated. TBH there were times I was debating if Spoit was just being brutally honest as mafia, but I figured he'd likely have more consideration....likely.

• Options
    Mill wrote: »
    If the host isn't present, do not fucking talk about an ongoing phalla game with anyone. It's really fucking discourteous to affect the outcome of a game in such a manner and this is the second time we've had this happen with a phalla game that Buddha has participated in.

this isn't true at all. You can totally talk about phalla outside the game. Buddha was just less than intelligent on how he did it. The IRC channel is something that has been used for years. I did mafia and village business on it a lot back in the day.

• Options
    undergroundmonorailundergroundmonorail single-track subway Registered User regular
    I was really, really glad that Egos wasn't mafia. I decided not to talk to anyone on the first day, figuring that I was likely to find a good guy who I knew I could trust. Of course, I found mafia, so I kept my trap shut that day too.

When I found mafia that night, I decided that keeping quiet was no longer worth the risk, looked over the vote records and contacted Egos. The only two times I found mafia this whole game were the two times I was actually really hoping to find a villager.

This was a fun game, and I'm incredibly glad I've been introduced to the source material. I also finally have someone who I can grudge forever, so that's a bonus too. :)

Pokémon X | 3DS Friend Code: 0490-4897-7688
    Friend Safari: Fighting - Machoke, Pancham, Riolu | In game name: Jessica
    Official Weather Gym Leader of the G+T Pokémon League. @me to try for the Climate Badge!
  • Options
    the only rule about outside communication (unless stipulated by the host like in Obi's games), is that you cannot trick someone into thinking you are someone else.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Egos wrote: »

ah wasn't sure what you meant exactly. It's understandable that people get frustrated. TBH there were times I was debating if Spoit was just being brutally honest as mafia, but I figured he'd likely have more consideration....likely.

Spoit almost convinced me the last day. It seemed pretty blatant if he was mafia. Or overtly dickish and calling the village dumb. Which isn't something I really associate with him.

In the end I got lazy because I didn't want to try to convince Buddha his brother had played him.

enlightenedbum on