As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PA Comic] Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - Commoditized

2»

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    it was made additionally confusing by the fact that a lot of the english/U.S. localizations of the NES/SNES final fantasy games translated it as 'fenix down.' Which was weird because the games didn't always mis-translate phoenix that way, just in that one specific instance.

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    It's likely to fit the text string into the available spaces (the Japanese script probably takes less characters). But yeah, I know in the OG SNES version of FF6, which is the mainline Final Fantasy I played the most, it was straight up "Fenix Down." The hell's a fenix and why is it so down? Fuck it, it revives my dudes, who cares.

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Zxerol wrote: »
    The hell's a fenix and why is it so down? Fuck it, it revives my dudes, who cares.

So basically you're saying you're down with it?

• Options
    ComradebotComradebot Lord of Dinosaurs Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    The only thing I'm down with is O.P.P.

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Comradebot wrote: »
    The only thing I'm down with is O.P.P.

What is your position vis a vis the sickness?

• Options
    RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    I only want one Fenix revivin' my dudes.
    marcus-fenix.jpg

I mean, why didn't they just press "x" to revive Tai, amirite?

• Options
    thedicemasterthedicemaster Registered User new member
    in bravely default they specifically call defeat in battle "KO"
    so this happens to be one of the few games with revival items/magic where this "confusion" doesn't apply.

I think several methods of "reviving" state they "cure KO"

• Options
    eobeteobet 8-bit childhood SwedenRegistered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Been reading for years and years and this is the first time I've come in here to comment, but I felt compelled:

Man, that joke was OLD.

eobet on
    Heard the proposition that RIAA and MPAA should join forces and form "Music And Film Industry Association"?
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
  • Options
    Chris FOMChris FOM Registered User regular
    And, as RatherDashin89 pointed out, despite the joke being ancient G&T still managed to retell it in a way that makes it funny yet again.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Ehhhhhh...