As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Loadout: Literally rock out with your cock out.

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    The greatest thing about this game is its extremely atypical character design.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    xiearsxiears It isn't sexual Strictly confectionalRegistered User regular
    Man this looks great, downloading now.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Yeah servers are down right now I'm guessing. Dang!

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    spent 15 minutes in queue waiting for a match..Seems like they are broked

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Oh man, the crafting tree thing in this game seems like a neat thang.
    Way to not have that covered in the OP Rorus!
    <3

Seriously though, I can't wait to give this a go.
    I'm going to be terrible at it.

Radiation on
    PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Played a few of rounds against bots, pretty damn fun. Tesla gun is definitely weapon of choice at the moment.

Extraction was a little boring but I'm guessing that was due to the fact that the bots were terrible so I was left collecting blue without anything else really happening, looking forward to trying it against people.

Dailies :O Gotta play ery day!

Also they really nailed it in terms of the presentation side with the menus etc.

xiears on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    xiears wrote: »
    Played a few of rounds against bots, pretty damn fun. Tesla gun is definitely weapon of choice at the moment.

Extraction was a little boring but I'm guessing that was due to the fact that the bots were terrible so I was left collecting blue without anything else really happening, looking forward to trying it against people.

And then you fight bots on the control-point mode, and have your world ruined.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    PMAvers wrote: »
    xiears wrote: »

And then you fight bots on the control-point mode, and have your world ruined.

Indeed, just had my ass handed to me in that mode.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    Haven't been able to get into a single match. It'll search for 5-10min, then reset. Fun times.

I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    So is anybody anywhere able to get in a game at all right now?

Didn't realize there were only three characters in the game. Kind of a bummer. I was hoping for some deeper character customization a la Brink, not just changing the duds on interchangeable white hulk/black hulk/she-hulk.

• Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    This game is good fun! Though some of the weapons can get quite ridiculous. I just played a match with a guy who had Pyro rounds for his assault rifle that he shot super fast, and the bullets also bounced around.

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    There was a patch that seemed to fix most of the server issues. Before the patch, it helped to select a different region... not sure if that will help during peak times though.

Some quick tips:
    Pyro rounds are good, but not as godly as they seem. They do more damage, but people can roll to put out the fire, so they rarely do full damage. That and I'm pretty sure the fire damage doesn't stack, it just starts a new burn damage/duration.
    Grenades are awesome don't forget to use them (plus there are ammo pickups all over)
    Mix up how you evade. I see so many people that just jump non stop, it's really easy to time rockets to hit right when they land. Same thing with dodging only, once you know someone does this you can have a rocket waiting where they stop.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Servers dead again? Just trying to get on now, but it's the afternoon on a weekend. I'm guessing I'm not getting to play again for a while.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    Looks like matchmaking is still broken, spent like 15 minutes in line to get disconnected 3 times.

• Options
    mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    I just got a couple games in. This is so much fun. I'm looking forward to being able to put a couple of hours in.

XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
  • Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    I look forward to kill you/help you under the banner of NUDISTO BEECH! (spoiled for NSFW)
    Ep16-nudistuniform.jpg

That costume is possible in-game, right?

Elaro on
    Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Yes. Something close to it is.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
    Not impressed so far. The animations send players careening all over the place, and it isn't clear when you've hit something or even when you've died, since half the death animations have your character still flailing about.

Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    It's interesting finding yourself in a pinch then realizing that you've brought exactly the weapon that you'd need to get out of it.

At the point where I was at, both sides had the other team's hammer sitting in their own bases. I was just outside of the enemy's base, and the enemy's hammer carrier was inside of it. If I got close enough to have a clear line of fire, then I'd just immediately get hammered.

Then I remembered that I packed a pulse gun with bouncy shots. And the enemy base was opposite a cliff wall (which actually seems kind of imbalanced, considering what I did, since the other base just has open space behind it). A few ricochets later, the hammer carrier was dead, I returned our hammer, and I was already placed to immediately grab the new enemy hammer after the score.

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Aww, my outfit costs 10100 spacebuxes...

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Yeah, after the initial day of being able to play a few matches, I've not managed to have another game since, trying several times. Between being in a server queue, being unable to find matches, and when I finally do get into a game I get kicked out after 30 seconds and have to restart the game completely to reconnect I haven't played another match. Think I'm done trying (at least til things settle down or are patched), which is a shame since the few games I did play were fun.

xiears on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EvmaAlsarEvmaAlsar Birmingham, EnglandRegistered User regular
    I absolutely freaking love this game (when I can play it).

I currently roll with the Lazer Roffle (beam gatling gun) and the Übercharge (my fairly potent healing beam). However, after witnessing the glory of a pub's pulse weapon, I may have to invest blutes in a gatling weapon that fires bouncing shells that are on fire.

I will name it Jerry Lee Lewis.

6YAcQE8.png
    Steam profile - Twitch - YouTube
    Switch: SM-6352-8553-6516
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    From the little bit I played earlier, this seems pretty cool.

It'd be nice if it was letting me play some more, though.

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Yeah matchmaking shit the bed again it seems. The game doesn't look like much at a glance but I've been playing it for 12 hours and it's like haha what?

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    Down again it seems.

Played a few hours last night... I'm a fan of the rocket launcher + sucker punch.

• Options
    I got it working for a while when I switched to the American server, but then I just couldn't get it to save changes to my gun.

6YAcQE8.png
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Really enjoying the game. Would enjoy more if it'd let me play. :P

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Oh hey, I didn't know this was finally finished! Wonder if my stuff was reset.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    They did a reset at some point, but I don't know when it was.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    So you definitely can get outfit pieces from the daily prize.
    H8uMKBU.jpg

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Molybdenum wrote: »
    Not impressed so far. The animations send players careening all over the place, and it isn't clear when you've hit something or even when you've died, since half the death animations have your character still flailing about.

As a follow-up now that I've got like ~5 hours in according to steam-

goofball, over-the-top styling
    fast, easy action
    great art direction, interesting level designs
    massive customization options
    playing support classes (healing) doesn't lock you into not fighting, is easy and encouraged
    on a related note, healing teammates gives you some health/buff as well which is very nice
    variety of game modes and a nice bot co-op option
    heal-over-time medkit mechanic

DON'T LIKE
    animations make fighting very floaty and unresponsive; I feel like I'm fighting to get my guy going where I want more than I'm fighting an opponent. Similarly, you just kind of skate over all kinds of terrain and nothing feels tight in the sense that I am precisely controlling my dude.

the spread on the weapons and the ludicrous dive-roll-through-each-other combat make aim feel pretty inconsequential, and for a game so focused on GUN STUFF the grenades are responsible for just as many kills.

The prompt to pick up the Jackhammer only shows up half the time, and if someone has died and dropped a gun in front of it you're just screwed. The Bots are unbeatable in the capture-point mode since they swarm around and appear to know where the next point will open up. You are often designated the Collector immediately before dying, and it is hard to bill the game mode as a strategic VIP-protect thing when enemies sometimes just spawn on top of you. Basically, the game modes are interesting and fun but need polish.

eight-player cap? some of the maps feel very large for 4v4, and if one person is AFK, doesn't know the game mode, or is just bad, you're out of luck. Why would the devs allow 3v4 matches anyway?

Molybdenum on
    Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
  • Options
    They don't but players can drop at will and it has to take time to find a replacement.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    I played some good matches earlier today. I will always keep my Cauterizer (heal laser) handy, but I keep bouncing back and forth on a pyro laser or the 3-barrel rocket gun with proximity mine clusters. Neither one seems to do a hefty amount of damage, as in I need a few successful hits (or in the heat laser's case, a long time to burn) to kill anyone outright. I may need to change things up and try a pyro pulse as I've seen my health just MELT when I take a hit or two from some fast fireballs and I'm on fire. It seems to tick away MUCH faster than anything the pyro beam can set up.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    So Steam would have you believe I've played this 1.8 hours since it came out. Of that time, approximately 5-10 minutes were time actually spent in a match. The rest was maybe 10 minutes of weapon and character customization fiddling and unsuccessful matchmaking attempts.

So I uninstalled. Even if the 10 minutes of true gameplay I actually got to experience rocked my world, I would still uninstall at least until they had their servers situation sorted out. It didn't, though. Rock my world I mean.

I have to echo the comments above about floaty control and spammy, inaccurate, combat. For a game all about guns, the actual weapons don't have much feel to them and aren't a lot of fun to use (granted I never managed to progress up the tech tree at all to improve my weapons). In the game I got to play all my kills were long distance rocket spam and I only ever even found out I killed somebody when the pop-up told me so.

Also have to agree that 4v4 on these maps is a problem. 4v4 is problematic in itself for reasons previously mentioned but the maps are way too big for this number of players.

Finally, I am sorely disappointed by the character customization. First, that there's only three characters in the game total and they are all sort of essentially samey. Second, that literally every single cosmetic customization option requires spending real money. I can understand they have to earn a profit somehow but with the amount of emphasis placed on pimping out your character I expected at least some basic options to be available for free or soft currency with premium funbux only becoming necessary for the most stylin' selections. In the match I actually got to play, I don't remember noticing anybody had customized their character at all.

• Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Playing and so far the game is pretty humorous. I'm liking the pulse quite a bit.

• Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    Yeah, I think my main weapon from now on is my pulse. Bouncy balls with a gatling barrel and oversized mag. Its low damage, but it shoots a billion rounds a second so people die pretty fast. Want to get up to firey bouncy balls next, and then get my flak rockets to have proximity.

I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Ahaha three capacity full auto rockets. Bunny hoppers beware!

• Options
    So I thought there was no future in my laser sniper rifle. Then I unlocked the charge trigger. Why, hello there, 154 damage headshot.

I had to resist a very strong temptation to rename it to 'shoop da whoop' ('cos I'ma chargin' mah lazer)

6YAcQE8.png
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    This can be a blast, played when servers were actually available over the weekend. Having a semi formed team of 2-3 wrecks everything(since noone knows a meta yet), especially if someone heals.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Rocket Launcher + Flame rockets + slow rockets = salvation.