Options

[Brave Frontier] Cardes Soon(tm).

• Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    Man, Ultor 6* is probably going to be my new go-to default Team Leader. I wish mine was Guardian or Anima (Breaker is terribad) but that team leader skill...

LS: 50% boost to Atk and Def, boost in damage dealt to weak elements (1.75x) & 15% boost to critical hit chance

Works on ANYTHING. You don't have to have a rainbow squad or a specific element. That's ... really good.

Plus his SBB, when combined with say, the Guardian Gem from the thief special dungeon, is nuts.

SBB: 18 combo massive Fire attack on all enemies, casts Taunt, massive boost to own Def & great boost to Atk (120%,) of all Units for 1 turn

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Fuck yes! Maxwell get! :D

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    Got my Ultor evolved to 6*, haven't had time to get him BB leveled or maxxed but he's already an absolute ungodly beast. Without a weapon equipped that modifies his ATK, without being max level, his ATK is almost 1000 more than a maxxed out Kikuri equipped with a +15% weapon (and possibly more if that stat takes into account LIlith's leader skill).

To be specific, my Kikuri is 2222 ATK, my slightly imped Lilith is 1923, my Twins is 1964... and my Ultor is 2834.

Oh, and he has an ATK bonus on his SBB that's bigger than Michele's and his leader skill is freaking amazaballs. This guy's the patron saint of power creep.

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Fuck yes! Maxwell get! :D

Oh right, party used? I really need to get around to trying for her for reals, because I think I have the units now.

Something like a Narza, Ulkina, and some combination of Rowgen, Lilith, other Lilith or something else. With a friend Lily Matah maybe. Gotta do more research honestly.

• Options
    Yep. Grah and Lily Matah leads are a must.

Altri is the perfect healer
    Oulu or Darvanshel are a must

I added a Rowgun and Lillith for damage.

I had 2 BB fill spheres on Darv and would recommend using two spheres on Altri too.

Still came really close in the end using 3 fujins for heals and shield. Both my revives and both my angel guard.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I'm sure glad I used that metal key right before the servers went nuts for an hour. -.-

• Options
    Also the fight itself requires intense concentration to keep track of turn rotation and health levels for triggers and what attacks are available.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    So, so far...

Havoc Angel Ronel
    Ember Charm Fiora
    Hell Keep Alice
    Cyclopean Ultor

... it's been a good day for evolving things to 6*. And once I use this key, I should end up hitting level 100 and the ability to field 6 6*s at the same time.

• Options
    Also the fight itself requires intense concentration to keep track of turn rotation and health levels for triggers and what attacks are available.

Yeah...another reason I haven't really attempted anything, it doesn't sound like a particularly fun fight. Never liked keeping track of turn rotation and stuff like that in RPGs. Always been more reactive than proactive. Unfortunately all the high level stuff seems to be that sort of thing in Brave Frontier which isn't...exactly appealing to me, but we'll see how it goes.

• Options
    Theres a really great turn tracker for Maxwell. I would link it but i took way too much pleasure in deleting the bookmark when i got Maxwell. Maxwell... (maxwell) ;)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Theres a really great turn tracker for Maxwell. I would link it but i took way too much pleasure in deleting the bookmark when i got Maxwell. Maxwell... (maxwell) ;)

http://touchandswipe.github.io/bravefrontier/maxwellcounter.html

??

• Options
    Yep, that's the one. The only thing its missing is a list of what abilities are available to Maxwell at what health points.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    I just got this and rolled Drake Lord Aisha and Spirit Ruler Lucca for my first rolls. Started with Selena. Are these good rolls? Haha, everything is so similar to Puzzle and Dragons... in a good way. I will have to figure out best ways to level up, etc.

Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

• Options
    Yep, those are both very strong units, and welcome to the new addiction. :D

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Haha...why not add more things to waste time on? :-D If anyone wants to add a super noob as a friend, feel free, haha. Though I guess I need some more friend slots and such...

I assume there's no real need to level up these dinky things and just focus on getting good summons? Lots of stuff to learn! Are there the equivalent of godfests for summons?

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689

• Options
    CarthageCarthage Registered User regular
    There are 'rate up' events, where the drop rate is increased for certain units, and those seem to rotate every few days. There will probably be another one tomorrow.

You should also save your honor summons (different than summoning for units that can go to 5 or six stars) for special events where the list of available units gets much better.

• Options
    Yeah they have rate up events for new units every time they release a new OP batch or a previous OP batch gets new evolutions.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SPHERE FROG GIFT, WOO HOO~.

Holy shit, now I just gotta figure out what the hell I'm going to use it on. Ultor? Zelnite? Save it for Maxwell?

• Options
    Huh. Mare can replace bosses in her realm? That's... weird.

• Options
    Just rolled a Thunder Beast Ahvel to go with Aisha and Lucca. Started with Selena... so I guess I need to make a rainbow team, haha.

Then I rolled Drakeborn Lodin, so he seems like he could be an ok 5 element lead for now. Need more team cost tho! Any good beginning team-building guides out there?

Smoogy-1689

• Options
    Lodin is an amazing rainbow team leader, as well as a great Arena team leader.

I'm not sure if there are any team building guides, its just the general:
    1) build mono teams for mono dungeons (rainbow teams can work in mono dungeons, just make sure you don't bring any weak element members, and double up on the strong element instead)
    2) build BB spam teams as an alternative
    3) Then a couple of specialized teams for the high end dungeons.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Awesome! Though I'm kind of bummed...I rolled again and got another Lodin! I think I should focus on the Anima one instead of the guardian one. Out of all the things out there...

Leveling up stuff is getting hard and expensive with these low lvl things. Does this game have the equivalent of the Pengdra cycle?

Smoogy-1689

• Options
    Yep, instead of Pengdra you have the Metal Parades, you get 4 keys a week, and each key gives you 1 hour of access.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Finally made a sheet of my units. Dupes are in red (mostly):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BVLfiL2BLudgfRVJoe3mZNIZOqZG9iQ4mfW7kbfO2M4/edit?usp=sharing

Need to get rid of some of those dupes but I hate to do so with units I spent $5 each to get. :P

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Dang gonna give that frog to Ultor I guess

I'm amused that Arena is basically "Will my guys use their BBs before they die?"

Wait no

Annoyed

• Options
    ZanshinretsuZanshinretsu About 20% more deathstare Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Smoogy wrote: »
    Awesome! Though I'm kind of bummed...I rolled again and got another Lodin! I think I should focus on the Anima one instead of the guardian one. Out of all the things out there...

Leveling up stuff is getting hard and expensive with these low lvl things. Does this game have the equivalent of the Pengdra cycle?

The BF Reddit is a really good resource for early game. It explains things like the basic mechanics and the unit overview are very helpful for determining what to focus on. Regarding the use of the Rare Summon gacha, it follows the same type of mechanic as PAD. They don't have have Godfests but instead specific batches of units that have higher rates than normal. They do this frequently when they release a new tier of evolution for a set of units. Right now the highest level of rarity for evolution is 6 stars (6* is usually how they're noted). The best thing to do in the early game is focus on your team of initial rolls and stockpile gems until a good batch gets the rate ups in Rare Summon. That's another reason the unit analyses on the Reddit are helpful. Most of them are written up taking into account a unit's skills at 6* and explains their usefulness compared to similar units and their role in the metagame.

As Gnome-Interruptus mentioned, this game has a mechanic kind of like the newly implemented purchasable dungeons in PAD. Using 1 metal key opens the dungeon up for one hour and you can run it as many times as you want provided you have the stamina. One pro-tip regarding those is letting your device sit on the parade select screen while your stamina recharges. If you let the screen sit, you can run a parade dungeon one more time after the hour has elapsed. You get issued one free metal key Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday at the capitol. Wednesdays they give out a jewel key which opens up a similar parade for money rather than exp.

For evolution mats, Tuesdays are when the vortex opens up and has several different dungeons where you can farm the different tiers. The drops like PAD are pre-determined I believe and can be just as frustratingly random sometimes. Wednesdays opens up the Mimic dungeons in the vortex which you'll also need a evo components. Thursdays have the higher tier evolution mats, the totems. These are tougher dungeons and aren't recommended when just starting out.

Finally, for skilling up, the mechanics in BF are a little different than PAD. First off, you skill up a unit's Brave Burst by fusing it with a monster of the appropriate skill type. It's either Attack, Support, or Healing. You can see if a fodder unit is of the same type because it will flash a green "BB up" text when selecting for fusion. The normal skill up chances get smaller the higher in BB level you get. Levels 7-10 are where the skill up success rate gets stupid and that's generally where people use the Burst Frog fusion units. Those are a guaranteed BB level up. You are also pretty much guaranteed to get a skill level up by fusing the same unit. Your Lodin is an example but it's generally not a good idea to go for max BB leveling until a unit hits 6*. The first reason is because 6* units get a Super Brave Burst to level once they hit BB 10 and the second is because fusing a unit halves its existing BB level each time. There's no real reason to sink time into leveling a 4* unit's BB since you lose half of those levels at 5* and you don't even get the SBB until 6*.

My studio's main site
    PSN: Zanshiretsu <-- misspelled because I am dumb.
  • Options
    Well, I already used all my initial gems, so maybe from here on out I'll stockpile some ;-) Though I'm sure I'll need to expand my monster box from the initial 50.

Thank you for the info! I do like the brave burst skill up mechanics, which is very simple so far as opposed to PAD.

Yeah, I got straight rocked by the Tuesday dungeon today, hehe.

Smoogy-1689

• Options
    ZanshinretsuZanshinretsu About 20% more deathstare Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    No worries. BF has a very interesting metagame but some of the earlier things are a bit nebulous. The folks around this thread are very knowledgeable and helped me out when I was learning too.

As an additional bit of information, you may see some discussion in places like the Reddit regarding unit typing. Because the game has implemented fusion Imps now, typing isn't really that critical. If you have a type that has lower key stats like Oracle, most of that can be balanced out later due to Imps. Like + eggs in PAD, (rare) stat imps can be fused to your units for a static stat boost. The Unit Analyses has the Imp stat caps for the 6* units in each overview. When the game first started up there was more emphasis on getting an optimal unit type but that doesn't seem like the case any more. Any unit type is viable and it's much better to just use the Rare Summon unit rather than trash it for a "better" type.

My studio's main site
  • Options
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Dang gonna give that frog to Ultor I guess

I'm amused that Arena is basically "Will my guys use their BBs before they die?"

Wait no

Annoyed

Yeah, uh...yeah. Actually right now the meta leader for arena is Zurg. Otherwise just go with your best BB generating unit and the quickest other BB getters you have. Lots of people really don't like arena though.
    Smoogy wrote: »
    Well, I already used all my initial gems, so maybe from here on out I'll stockpile some ;-) Though I'm sure I'll need to expand my monster box from the initial 50.

Thank you for the info! I do like the brave burst skill up mechanics, which is very simple so far as opposed to PAD.

Yeah, I got straight rocked by the Tuesday dungeon today, hehe.

No kidding. I'm at 220 at this point, although I am at level 156.

• Options
    I have 440 in PAD and that's nowhere near enough...

Smoogy-1689

• Options
    CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    I sent you an invite Smoogy. Feel free to request any leader currently on the spreadsheet in the OP (I updated some info and added a couple more yesterday).

Also, there are reports that new 5* units will be coming soon to the Japanese Brave Frontier who are crossover characters from the Tales of _____ series of games. Initial reports include Yuri Lowell, Rita, and Stahn

Stahn Aileron
    http://i.imgur.com/a3h3Fs1.png

LS: Increase attack in accordance with HP remaining and boost BB gauge every turn (2 BC)

BB: 13 powerful combos fire element hits to all enemies (190%), apply fire attribute for 3 turns and boost bb gauge(6 BC)

Rita
    http://i.imgur.com/3AG6jDI.png
    LS: Increase damage during spark (40%) and boost BC effectiveness (30%)

BB: 1 Massive combo fire, earth, and thunder element hits to all enemies (400%) and increase damage when spark for 3 turns (50%)

Yuri Lowell
    http://i.imgur.com/OJGYQf8.png
    LS: Boostattack in accordance with HP lost and boost BB gauage during spark (1-2 BC)

BB: 30 powerful combo dark element to all enemies (190%)

No report on whether or not they'll be getting 6* versions or if they will be added to the Global version of Brave Frontier.

• Options
    I just had the most incredible string of luck for BB leveling my Tachikoma. It took about 20 unit levels of feeding level 1 and 3 units to it to get to SBB 1. I then in 3 sets of 5 went from SBB 1 to SBB10 and followed this up with combining it with 5x dark crystal gods, getting a super level up to go from level 22 to 100 in one go. So much for that grind.

• Options
    Caedwyr wrote: »
    I just had the most incredible string of luck for BB leveling my Tachikoma. It took about 20 unit levels of feeding level 1 and 3 units to it to get to SBB 1. I then in 3 sets of 5 went from SBB 1 to SBB10 and followed this up with combining it with 5x dark crystal gods, getting a super level up to go from level 22 to 100 in one go. So much for that grind.

Level 1 and 3? Eh?

• Options
    KiTA wrote: »
    Caedwyr wrote: »

Level 1 and 3? Eh?

His fodder was level 1 & 3

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Yeah, fodder farmed from the second levels of the Mistral zones.

• Options
    *phew* Beat terminus on my third try after realized that the selfish god just wanted you to do specific things. After that it wasn't too bad with a party of leader Elza/Kuda/Ultor/Melchio/Lucca/Maxwell friend. Might want to switch out Melchio for Michele though. Or maybe Grah since he gives both light and dark buffs.

• Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    I forgot to collect my previous FH rewards and I missed the first day of 9. Jawesome.

Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Well this sucks. Before last night I was able to OHKO the second stage of Terminus not problem. But now whenever I try it Stya isn't getting killed in one turn and I have no idea why. Did they update this or something to make her more resilient? I'm doing nothing differently from what worked perfectly fine the first number of times I did it. I just really don't understand.

EDIT: Well, at least that time I was able to kill in the second round and she didn't kill anyone. Eh, I should just run End anyway since I got all the prizes. Don't want to drop down to a lower tier for rewards.

Schide on
  • Options
    Schide wrote: »
    Well this sucks. Before last night I was able to OHKO the second stage of Terminus not problem. But now whenever I try it Stya isn't getting killed in one turn and I have no idea why. Did they update this or something to make her more resilient? I'm doing nothing differently from what worked perfectly fine the first number of times I did it. I just really don't understand.

I have this theory that the difficulty of FH Terminus either changes over time or after you've beaten it. The first run I did that passed 1.3M was with a Maxwell lead, Lucca/Ardin/Orna/Zelnite and a Maxwell assist and I could KO stage 2 without using any items. Now I usually have Stya left with about 25% left and I can lose a unit if I'm not careful. I need to go back and try and get the sphere frog from End as well. I think I was killing everything too fast.

My studio's main site
  • Options
    If you have the same problem with Stya then maybe they did buff her. Hmm.

Also yes me, it would help if you switched out the Steeple Rose for a Heavenly Bud, duh.