As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

East Buttoneers - Pins? We don't need your stinkin' pins!

13»

• Options
    zeromystzeromyst wat Registered User regular
    aBByNormaL wrote: »
    where is the meet up for these .....

Well I believe ransim posted this info for meetups. (below the OP)
    ransim wrote: »
    Events - AKA Why can't I hold all of these buttons...

If you have an event you want to host button trading at please post it and I'll add it here.

- Pre and Post PAX Board Game Nights -
    When:
    Pre-PAX: Thursday April 10 @ 4:00 PM until late, late, late
    Post-PAX: Sunday April 13 @ 6:00 PM until late, late, late

Where: Westin Mezzanine - Cookie Brigade table

Not once, but two times. The Cookie Brigade table will be located on the mezzanine (near the convention center sky bridge), come, trade buttons, eat cookies, donate for the kids.

Link

CRANK UP THE C. CRANK UP THE D.
  • Options
    aBByNormaLaBByNormaL Registered User regular
    k awesome

PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!
  • Options
    ransimransim Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    aBByNormaL wrote: »
    where is the meet up for these .....

I've put the two board game nights in the second post in the thread. No other events have been offered up yet.

If any are added they'll go into that post. But for right now the pre and post pax board game nights are your best bet outside of random encounters in the convention center.

Edit: Apparently posting from mobile it didn't show me the last two posts.

*face palm*

ransim on
  • Options
    KhaytorKhaytor MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Any possibility of a meet up or 2 during pax itself? Or directly after the show floor closes? I'll be missing both board game meet-ups due to other commitments (Pre-Pax dinner and driving up to NH for post-pax vacation) :)

• Options
    aBByNormaLaBByNormaL Registered User regular
    I will be at the ppd and both game nights but not adverse to meet ups

PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!
  • Options
    Khaytor wrote: »
    Any possibility of a meet up or 2 during pax itself? Or directly after the show floor closes? I'll be missing both board game meet-ups due to other commitments (Pre-Pax dinner and driving up to NH for post-pax vacation) :)

My understanding is the board game night tables will be up all weekend. Could easily say each night on the mezzanine after a certain hour. I will also try to get pins from everyone for a leave pins take pins bucket.

I unfortunately can't organize any other meet ups because my brigade responsibility comes first.

If someone else wants to please by all means.

• Options
    phillerphiller Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Finally added my buttons after sending them to the printers today. Should be getting them soon after. First one's just a better version of my avatar. The second one's in light of the new Godzilla film, a ridiculous drawing I call: G-zilla. Both 1" buttons with rim text, so ignore the extra imagery for now.

PAX-E-reg.png?1396326863PAX-E-bonus.png?1396326903

philler on
    All Kinds of Philler: A pop culture podcast remarkably free of filler!
    Twitter: @phillerworks || @AKOPpodcast || Steam: mr_philler
    PAX East '14 Locations: || Classic Console Freeplay || Tabletop Area || Long Wharf Pre-PAX Game Night (Come say hi or trade buttons!)
  • Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    Would anyone be interested in special buttons for the Pre-Pax breakfast and Dinner?
    If so, let me know ASAP so I can get them done :)

I think more buttons are always a positive :) personally, I do wish more of the events did buttons, but my opinion could be the minority.

Ransim, I don't think it's really necessary for you personally to be at a meet up. You can just set a place/time so that people have an idea of where they can find a collection of buttoneers. I think in the past it's been popular to do Friday and/or Saturday morning. And then people who are only there one day will still have an opportunity.

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    Sleepy KittySleepy Kitty Registered User regular

Last year we tried to do a meet up Saturday 09:00 a.m. at the main entrance to the BCEC , we did have about 10-12 people show up which in of
    itself was a success as it was the first year we really tried buttons. I honestly can't even remember who organized it , or if it was just tossed out there as an option and any / all that wanted to come could.

JonXP - since this year seems to be a little more serious , are we doing a button board for M+J or is that just a Prime event ?

• Options
    jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited April 2014

Last year we tried to do a meet up Saturday 09:00 a.m. at the main entrance to the BCEC , we did have about 10-12 people show up which in of
    itself was a success as it was the first year we really tried buttons. I honestly can't even remember who organized it , or if it was just tossed out there as an option and any / all that wanted to come could.

JonXP - since this year seems to be a little more serious , are we doing a button board for M+J or is that just a Prime event ?

@ransim is organizing East and can provide you your answers. :D

...however I will say that the board should probably be quite small if you do it. Might not be worth it until Buttoneering ramps up a bit more out there.

jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    jonxp wrote: »
    @ransim is organizing East and can provide you your answers. :D

...however I will say that the board should probably be quite small if you do it. Might not be worth it until Buttoneering ramps up a bit more out there.

I normally put together a Easter basket for them from the Brigade, so while it won't be a lot of pins maybe we could do a lanyard or sash for them that I can give them with the Cookie Brigade basket.

ransim on
  • Options
    Personally, I'd prefer a meet-up at the end of Pax. I'll be in Que line bashing beach balls around before 10am. It's goofy, but I actually look forward to that :D

• Options
    fyeahckingfyeahcking Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    We'll be buttoneering hard on the showroom floor -- at booth 1038! We're showing Echoes of Eridu, but that didn't stop us from ordering a zillion Batterystaple logo pins.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    brokenvegetablebrokenvegetable Virtual Photographer BostonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    You must impress me to get my pin....I will be with khaytor and each of us will have the others pin ... Best way to look for me is I will have a Saints jacket on

This pin has 200 ...so there should be enough to go around... its based off of the Diablo 3 Reaper expansion

30upq0534sgt.jpg

Also my limited button of only 30 .... Based off of Magic the gathering

zeqyui1d8l1c.jpg

brokenvegetable on
  • Options
    Mot BuchananMot Buchanan OhioRegistered User regular
    I'm just purring this out there....
    I'll be building my balloon "endeavor" Saturday morning shortly after I arrive... I'm hoping to get started no later than 10:30.
    The last I've heard is that I'll be placed in the main hall where there is plenty of visibility for people to watch.
    I've already declared the build site a constant Pinny Arcade trading zone.
    Might as well make it a Buttoneering zone as well.

If you see a giant man with too much hair on his head building a huge balloon juicer... you've found the right place.

• Options
    randy_wreckedrandy_wrecked Gunslinger Harrisburg, PARegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    My buttons have arrived!
    dTrpwbF.jpg?1

I've got a bunch of Video Game Hangover buttons that I'll be handing out, as well.

Anyone planning on attending the pre-PAX gaming night at the Marriott? I'll be there with buttons in hand.

randy_wrecked on
    Video Game Hangover is a podcast for gamers who overindulge.
    Put it in your ear holes.
  • Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    Got my buttons in the mail today. You'll have to find me and fathervenom to get both buttons
    9f00079e-8699-45fa-99ec-fa432ce02d5a_zps1b904c64.jpg

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    RenneesmeRenneesme Registered User regular
    @punzie my boyfriend and I WILL find you! :smile:

3DS FC: 4382-3356-7103
  • Options
    macrogeekmacrogeek Registered User regular
    My wife & I both have the same buttons as last year, about half a bag of each left:
    Justin_final.png
    Candace_final.png

• Options
    BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    I'll be building my balloon "endeavor" Saturday morning shortly after I arrive... I'm hoping to get started no later than 10:30.
    The last I've heard is that I'll be placed in the main hall where there is plenty of visibility for people to watch.

If you see a giant man with too much hair on his head building a huge balloon juicer... you've found the right place.

To clarify, this is North Lobby where Info, Reg and bandland reside :-). Not to be confused with Main Hall Expo crazyplace.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • Options
    Mot BuchananMot Buchanan OhioRegistered User regular
    punzie wrote: »
    Got my buttons in the mail today. You'll have to find me and fathervenom to get both buttons
    9f00079e-8699-45fa-99ec-fa432ce02d5a_zps1b904c64.jpg

Holy crap do I need to find you!

Beker wrote: »

To clarify, this is North Lobby where Info, Reg and bandland reside :-). Not to be confused with Main Hall Expo crazyplace.

Thank you for clarifying... It should be clear by now that I have no idea what I'm talking about

• Options
    FYI guys, I'll be watching the @PAXButtoneering twitter account this weekend. If you need to get some information out, mention the account and I'll retweet it.

• Options
    Looking for buttons? Want to trade and having trouble finding people? Check out BYOC! There is a buttoneering bin there so people can leave pins and take pins. Visit back frequently!

I am also seeking pins to add to the sash we'll be giving Tycho and Gabe on Sunday. The best time to find me is to look for the Cookie Brigade rep on the Westin Mezzanine each night after 7ish.

• Options
    Sleepy KittySleepy Kitty Registered User regular
    ransim wrote: »
    Looking for buttons? Want to trade and having trouble finding people? Check out BYOC! There is a buttoneering bin there so people can leave pins and take pins. Visit back frequently!

I am also seeking pins to add to the sash we'll be giving Tycho and Gabe on Sunday. The best time to find me is to look for the Cookie Brigade rep on the Westin Mezzanine each night after 7ish.

Great idea , I will be dropping off 25 buttons of both mine and draklan's today around 1 p.m. for anyone that needs / wants them.

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Dropped some pins off there too.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    I'll be on the westin mezzanine, top of the escalator with the button bin for about an hour for those who need pins.

• Options
    Sorry guys, doing buttoneering and the brigade was a rough go for me, so someone need to take over for next year. I do have pins though, I'll try to get a list in case anyone wants some to fill out collections.

• Options
    miker525miker525 New YorkRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    @Khaytor got one of your "Wrecking PokeBall" buttons from Michael at D3 Publishers. Absolutely love the button and it's probably the coolest button I got this year. Congrats!
    @Mot%2520Buchanan I was hoping to get one of your "Never Forget" buttons but unfortunately never found em. Here's hoping there are more next year. Button looked great!

miker525 on
    weZXr66.png
    Steam - Miker525 | Xbox Live - Miker525| PSN - MikeRosenberg
    Websites - Gamerations - MikeRosenberger.com
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • Options
    Hey guys! There were quite a few I missed out on and wish that I got... any ideas on what we can do? I still have quite a few left over as well.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    In the past some folks have organized a mail-trade system to fill out collections. Maybe someone will do that?

• Options
    miker525 wrote: »
    @Khaytor got one of your "Wrecking PokeBall" buttons from Michael at D3 Publishers. Absolutely love the button and it's probably the coolest button I got this year. Congrats!
    My pleasure! It was a blast to design them. I got a lot of positive response from them. It's going to be hard to make a better one for next year :D

• Options
    My pleasure! It was a blast to design them. I got a lot of positive response from them. It's going to be hard to make a better one for next year :D

You're coming to Prime, right? RIGHT? WE NEED THOSE AT PRIME.

• Options
    jonxp wrote: »

You're coming to Prime, right? RIGHT? WE NEED THOSE AT PRIME.
    LOL I am not :(
    Unfortunately due to have a job that likes to pay little for lots of work, I can't afford more then one real vacation a year and PAX East (since I live outside Boston) is usually the big one.
    However, I might be able to make up a new set of buttons and have them sent out to you if you would like to hand them out for me?
    Let me know and we can try to work something out.

• Options
    Hey guys just a heads up, I'll try to organize something for mailing pins people need, I need to get an inventory of what I have first. Work has been crazy since I got home so I'm hoping to have some time this weekend.

• Options
    That's be great, ransim!!! I am in charge of a video game/tabletop gaming club where I teach so I already passed out some there but still have quite a few left that I would be willing to send out to those who need it :)

• Options
    I have VERY few of the Misty pins left (2 or 3) that I would be willing to trade or send to those who didn't get one.

• Options
    Alright so here is a list of what I have, unfortunately I know its not everything because someone raided the BYOC bin and replaced most of the pins with booth pins sometime on Saturday. :(

Link to Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eH3XktjBp4uxjDnr0qIvOsLGIo7CtYQ1lS30DluqfOA/edit?usp=sharing

If you want buttons from that list please fill out this form:
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1WNKWnKQ3QMRtiYDl_Uams8hK-jgi2qht6GqST3-7CLU/viewform?usp=send_form

Couple Caveats:
    1. I'll mail to most places, if the cost is extremely high, like Alaska or some Islands or countries I might ask you to cover it at face value.
    2. Buttons are first come first serve, I have very few of some buttons
    3. I'll hopefully mail items within the next month as the requests come in.

If anyone wants to join this msg me ASAP and I'll get it added to the form, I'll need to name, link and number and you can either send them to me or I'll let you know who requests them.