As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Neotoma Presents: The Last Gloss Standing

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    The Amazing Beardo, Sorcerer, 17/21HP, [Nausea]
    STR: 5, Cad: 13, Swag: 9, FTH: 5 Nim: 5 Con: 11, INT: 5, Wis: 7

Wrestling down the [Nausea] while slowly rotating in place, The Amazing Beardo ponders briefly what to do about the situation. Then he spots the fleeing spiders and tosses all caution, and coincidentally most of his bodily covering, to the metaphorical wind.

"Where do you think you're going? Detaining Dreadlocks!

Gesturing at the arachnoids with all available limbs, his jumpsuit violently unfurls from his fleshy rotundness and launches thick ropes of hair anchored at... Various points of his body.

[Intent: latch on and try to trip them up or at least slow them down. Also give anyone paying attention a show they won't soon forget.]

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    If Beardo gets pulled along for the ride, well, that's a hilarious risk I was willing to take

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    You ever get your Bonds written, CB?

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    Bonds?

Oh wait, that red text isn't the spell action?

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    These things.

I wouldn't know about spell actions, I just Intent shit.

• Options
    Oh wait. The "how I know these people" thing.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Yeah, I still need to do that.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    geth roll 3d100 for 'alms, beardo, beardo'

'alms, beardo, beardo':
    3d100 110 [3d100=84, 22, 4]

NeoToma on
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Road to Brookenshire

Reasonable action 40%, Constitution 5%
    25 vs 33%|5% [SUCCESS]

Reasonable action 40%, Swagger 20%, -7% Enemy Nimbleness
    16 vs 53%|10% [SUCCESS]

Benny resists the urge to puke! He feels the shadows feed on his soul before commencing their dark work. They easily possesses another spider's webbing, and entangle that spider completely. Benny feels his Umbral deamons growing in strength. They might be ready to [Learn a New Ability] but that will require a [Contract Renegotiation], and even benny knows it's best to do those outside of battle.

Spitting spider 1 is Completely Immobile! -20 Nimbleness

Reasonable action 40%, Constitution 5%
    16 vs 45%|5%[CRITICAL SUCCESS]

Prayer 20%, Faith 13%
    98 vs 33%[CRITICAL FAILURE]
    +1 Boon [||---------]
    She goes into prayer to her deity....but nothing happens. When like this happens it's hard to believe. Whats even the point? Victorique is at -5 Faith for the next 2 turns!

Reasonable action 40%, Constitution 13%
    86 vs 53%|13%[Success]
    Alms Joe tries his best to keep his lunch down to no avail. He pukes.

Sorcerer action 40%, Caddishness 13%
    4 vs 53%|13%[Failure]
    The Amazing Beardo shakes dem dreds and catches his prey in his hair nets.

The Amazing Beardo gets a flash of insight! The Amazing Beardo has learned;
    HEX: Detaining Dredlocks, 80% Accuracy, Near/Close, -15% nimble to target creatures, no penalty attacking 2 targets

THWACK.

THWACK.

Two arrows strike the fleeing web-spitters dead on. They writhe and convulse in a grotesque death rattle before igniting in blue flame. The unnatural flame blazes brightly before they are consumed completely. Thankfully the mystic flame know is controlled enough to not spread to Beardo's dreadlocks. Figures on horseback are approaching. They are all dressed in hoodies with the man in the lead dressed in white, and the two trailing him in light blue. The one left is holding a bow it seems she must've hit those spiders without dismounting.

Spitting Spider 1 is vulnerable fire! They take 40 Damage! Spitting Spider is defeated!
    Spitting Spider 2 is vulnerable fire! They take 40 Damage! Spitting Spider is defeated!

The man whom appears to be the leader points his sword at the Humanoid Spider and urges his horse on harder. The woman on his right is holding up a spellbook and speaking some incantation. You feel your self floating to the ground as the wild levitation magic dissipates. The Humanoid spider hears the man approaching and turns to face him and is sliced though effortlessly. It screams as blue flame consumes his body as well.

Humanoid Spider is vulnerable fire! They take 66 Damage! Humanoid Spider is defeated!

The man tosses the spider goo from his blade with a flick, and turns back to you and you compatriots.
    MV5BMTU0NTk4NDgzMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNjU5Nzc1._V1_SX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

"Hello travellers, we are the Order of the Cerulean Flame, and we're here to help."

NeoToma on
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Dame Maria Eurwen the Seventh Vagrant Paladin of Kore HP: 15

[STR 10] [CAD 5] [SWG 7] [FTH 13] [NIM 5] [CON 9] [INT 5] [WIS 6]

Maria just stops. The blue flames illuminate the shocked expression on her face as she realizes they can't sell the ashes left behind. The introduction of the Order is left on deaf ears for several beats before she slowly

slowly

turns a wild eye to the rescuers. With a violent fist in the air Maria looks like she's about to speak when something else takes the wind from her lungs. The red fury drains to a pale complexion when she recognizes the people before her. She gasps an inhale with a spin while she desperately tries to hide her family ring before it reveals her identity.

Oh no not these guys again

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular

Benny Shade Conduit (Warlock) HP: 11
    [Str 5][Cad 10][Swag 20][Faith 5][Nim 5][Con 5][Int 5][Wis 5]

Benny dusts himself off, "How about that. Well the teamster over there's in a bad way. Otherwise, a lift to town would be nice."

He kicks the charred corpse of a spider. "So, are these like, a normal thing around here?"

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    I didn't plan on having another furious Iberian for a character again, it just turned out that way!

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    So, by getting a critical on the spell, I learned the Hex formula of it?

Also, I think the Fabulous Ravenous Spider is still alive, duke.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    So, by getting a critical on the spell, I learned the Hex formula of it?

Yeah. It's a more stable form of the spell.

I'm trying to think of more interesting things from critical hits.
    Critical damage roll, extra turns, buff/debuff, learn a free spell.

I'm trying to think of ways it codify what I wanna do with hex spells.

Ideally they should be your most reliable form of dealing damage. And mutable ie. you could say, I want a fireball + on critical hits it debuffs Wisdom + More accurate vs certain enemies + additional damage dice and etc, and it costs more or less accordingly.
    Each addition makes the spell 1 point more costly.

Also you all have Mp now, it's your intelligence stat. You only use it for hex spells.

Looking at Paladins and clerics trying to figure out how much i wanna do there. to make up from their spells missing 77% of the time.
    So far they get a free title, which meaning they get 10-20% bonus on non-magical things relate to their class.

Also Boons can be traded in for things like;

||| = reroll one of your bad dice, make a task 30% easier
    ||||| = Convert a non-main npc, acquire a holy implement/weapon, make someone think more highly of you
    ||||||| = Pick up a new title, get a vassal

• Options
    Could I get a verdict re: attractive arachnid?

Also I'm gonna have to get a loot carrier vassal real quicklike

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    It's still there, all tied up by it's legs, on it's back, covered in flowing beautiful spiderhair

• Options
    if nothing else, the lovely spider hair may catch some coin

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    that, or we have a new pet.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    The first one, always the first one

Unless we can milk the spider for thread product to sell, in which case I'm surprised we are not doing that via silk.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    The Amazing Beardo, Sorcerer, 17/21HP,

"Ah, excellent work, cleaning up the blighters. Give me a moment to gather myself and I'll greet you properly." He reels the hair back in and quickly reweaves his jumpsuit, lifting his prodigious girth in places to ensure proper coverage. During this time, Benny says his piece. "Erm, yes. What Slim there said."

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    I'm not super comfortable with milking a possibly intelligent giant spider

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options

However, taking one as a pet might be interesting. We could enter it into dog shows!

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options

I very much am!

Never played a Paladin in games before, starting to see how easy it is to be an asshole as one

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Alright, but his name has gotta be Boots.

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    products don't get names

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Road to Brookenshire

NeoToma on
  • Options
    I'm a little disturbed by Geth's response to Duke's last post.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Road to Brookenshire

The man smiles and dismounts. "Yes, it appears this town has been plagued by these arachnoid beasts for quite some time." He is a tall wide shouldered man, whose moustache and even tone makes him seem a natural leader. "Yeah the chucklefucks in this 2-bit town seem to have had no problem living next to forest full a blood sucking vermin since the dawn of time" Adds small brunette with a spellbook in one hand and a melon sized bubble of green and purple motes of lights in the other. She looks young, but that just could be because shes short enough to look awkward on the horse. "I can't believe the spiders haven't banded together and sucked the goop out of these worthless cravens already."

As this occurs the woman with the bow squints at Maria trying to place her. Bow lady possesses a powerfully athletic build (her hooded cloak has no sleeves), and her face is androgynous. She quickly gets bored, goes back to scanning the forest for anymore approaching threats.

The man furrows his brow annoyed. "Now, now, Maurissa our place is not to judge these quaint and simple people. We are here to show them the error of their ways, and light their pathway of their ascendance. " Maurissa rolls her eyes before adding, "Also what garbage-ass wizard did this shitty levitation spell? This is such a fucking mess." You realize the bubble of green and purple energy is her containing and dispelling the gravity curse that was effecting you all.

NeoToma on
  • Options
    let it be known the time between updates is because of work stuff and totally not because i assumed you guys were going to choose the other opening quest scenario and hadn't been bothered to come up with characters.

• Options

Without missing a beat: "Yeah, I was pretty sloppy with that thing, huh? Guess I better spend some more time in the books."

Nobody calls themselves the order of anything without a little warlock hate. Better to be a shit wizard in their eyes.

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    Bonds, that I can think of, anyway.

Alms Joe and I ran together a while back, I love that guy!

The name Benny Shade's come up once or twice, as a guy to be wary of.

I'm not fond of H and I outright hate The Beige. There's a reason I don't go by my real name, anymore.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Road to Brookenshire

"Nice try buddy, but I doubt it. You don't strike me as the ambitious type." [Bluff] 97 vs ??% Maurissa sees through Benny's lie.

The Leader continues, "We of the Cerulean Flame believe Man can only advance through strife. You must find the weakness inside yourself, and burn it way." He walks up to Beardo and clasps hands fiercely. "By the way, names Jeremiah Shaw*." "And these here are my acolytes, Maurissa and Delmira." The woman with the bow, Delmira, shifts uncomfortably.

"I'm sorry. Delmira doesn't like me giving out her name. Heh, you know how dangerous giving another wizard your Name can be. But, we have nothing to fear from you. Do we?" His tone is folksy, but he doesn't blink and holds his gaze.

*Giving out your full name to a stranger is generally unheard of. Since having someone's True name allows you to more easily level your power at them Jeremiah Shaw's actions can be read as a sign of trust...

Situation! Youve been "saved" by a trio of religious folks from the nearby town. Do you give these guys your;
    Nickname?
    First Name?
    Full Name?
    Nothing?

1d100 97 [1d100=97]

NeoToma on
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Heh! Benny keeps his last-name on the lock-down.

Benny gives Shaw a handshake while throwing a sharp smile Maurissa's way. "Benny Shade. More ambitious than you'd think."

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    The Amazing Beardo, Sorcerer, 17/21HP,

His face splitting into a wide and jovial smile, Beardo spreads his arms. "Hah! You are a braver one than most, friend Shaw. As for myself, nearly all who know or have known me, know me as The Amazing Beardo, master of all hairs!"

As he makes his grand announcement, the sleeves of his jumpsuit unravel and form a sign above him, reading "THE AMAZING BEARDO". He even manages to make the letters blink.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Guys, endless legend is pretty fun, and totally feels like gloss turned into a 4x game with its fantasy/sci-fi fusion setting.

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    Victorique Cleric HP: 15

[STR 5] [CAD 8] [SWG 6] [FTH 13] [NIM 8] [CON 5] [INT 10] [WIS 5]

"Uh...Victorique." She's kinda put off by this man.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    ALMS JOE, PALADIN of SHADES HP: 11/16
    [STR  7][CAD  8][SWG  7][FTH 11]
    [NIM  9][CON  6][INT  5][WIS  7]

After eyeing the vomit-spattered remains of his cigarette with regret, Alms wipes his mouth with the back of his hand.

Given the man hasn't actually asked for their names, Alms feels no particular compulsion to provide his own on his own initiative, despite the others' example thus far. Whether that's due to a natural distrust of hexcraft or just a generally foul mood at this point is hazy.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    Road to Brookenshire
    As you give your nicknames, Jeremiah nods and the tension dissipates. "Amazing Beardo is it? My my. I can appreciate a man who aint fraid to toot his own horn."

You hear horses, approaching. "Appears tthe Calvary approaches,. We'll be able to get you all settled and back to town in no time."

And they do.

Brookenshire, all things considered is kind of a shithole. Their Hextech is stuck in the dark ages, none of the telltale glow and polish you see in bigger cities. As you ride in a crowd has gathered at the entrance.

"We have returned." Mr. Shaw says with a flourish. "And our expedition has proved fruitful! We found these travellers waylaid by the beasts haunting your forest." The townsfolk perk up at the sound of new travellers. "Yes, when we came upon them they were pitched in heated battle for their very lives! Were it not for us, and the power of the Cerulean Flame, they might have all been lost to the darkness."

"We were lucky this time, but next time we may not be fast enough. We are mighty, but we are only three. We lack the power to strike this infestation at the heart! So once again I urge you! Cast off your material possessions and join the Order of the Cerulean Flame! " Now that he's started his speil proper the crowd starts to disperse.

• Options
    ALMS JOE, PALADIN of SHADES HP: 11/16
    [STR  7][CAD  8][SWG  7][FTH 11]
    [NIM  9][CON  6][INT  5][WIS  7]

Alms wastes no time grabbing the attention of one of the departing townspeople.

"I say," he asks. "Have ya'll got such as an inn or flophouse in these parts? We've some wounded with us that could use rest. Bed someplace quiet, know what I mean?"

It helps that such a place would also work as a good point to start learning more about the town, and get Alms away from whatever proselytizing is about to take place courtesy of their opportunistic rescuers.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Road to Brookenshire

"Aww really?" A kid's voice pipes up, "My dad runs the inn. And my mom is probably the best healer in town if you're ahurtin. I can take you folk there lickity split no problem."

Shaw is displeased but, is to busy giving his screed to the people who haven't left to say anything to stop you guys.

THE INN

Your part finds suitable lodging at the inn. The boy is named jordan. His father Hank gets you hot tea and fresh bread as his mother gladys tends to your wounded.

NeoToma on