As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFX/X-2 HD] This is my remastered story (out March 18)

1131415161719»

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    that's what I was afraid of.

yeah I did the same thing with Dark Valefor back at Besaid.

Don't go back to Besaid.

also, and forgive me for being silly

but, speaking of Besaid.

HOW DO I GET TO THE TOP OF THE STUPID ANCIENT MACHINA STUPID CITY ON THE STUPID THING. ARGH

there is a treasure chest up there. I want it.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Blitzball goes from being frustratingly annoying with the Aurochs to incredibly boring when you have a good team put together

There is no middle ground, it is always shitty

At least I'm winning now

I get the ball to Kyou, he has a stupid high endurance and pass stat, lure two or three of their players to him in the upper left, they all break against him, he takes it, passes to Tidus in the lower left, Jecht Shot

Winning matches 5 or 6 to 0 now

I haven't had a goal scored against me yet

Yeah, this is pretty accurate to my experience right now.

Wedge is a goddamn tank of a forward, and Brother is the God of Passing.

Jumal and my defenders barely even have to work.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular

Don't go back to Besaid.

but, speaking of Besaid.

HOW DO I GET TO THE TOP OF THE STUPID ANCIENT MACHINA STUPID CITY ON THE STUPID THING. ARGH

Go to the airship

Talk to Cid, when the nav menu opens, go to the manual location search

Omega Ruins X: 67-75 / Y: 33-38
    Sanubia Temple X: 12-16 / Y: 41-45
    Besaid Falls X: 29-32 / Y: 73-76
    Baaj Temple X: 11-16 / Y: 57-63
    Mi'hin Ruins X: 33-36 / Y: 55-60
    Battle Site X: 39-43 / Y: 56-60

You can also go to input and put these three passcodes in to unlock other areas and items (you'll need these for Rikku and Auron)

GODHAND
    VICTORIOUS
    MASAMUNE

• Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    my second playthrough of X Brother could normal shot from my goalie in to their goal... every time.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    For other folk, I thought I'd list a small guide explaining where they appear, so you can avoid an insta kill. Unless otherwise mentioned, they appear after leaving Zanarkand and getting the Airship.

Dark Valefor - Approaching Besaid Village triggers the fight. Unfortunately this means you can't get Auron's last sphere without beating it, unless you went all the way back to Besaid before reaching Macalania Temple.
    Dark Ifrit - Bikanel Desert. An Al Bhed woman near where Home was will ask you to find her child. If you agree, it leads to the fight.
    Dark Ixion - Thunder Plains. A guy will be standing in the south area. Approaching or talking to him triggers the fight. Available after you escape Bevelle.
    Dark Shiva - Apporaching Macalania Temple triggers the fight. Available after you escape Bevelle.
    Dark Bahamit - Entering the room where you fight Yunalesca triggers the fight. Remember to grab the Sun Crest immediately after beating Yunalesca, or you'll have to beat him to get it.
    Dark Yojimbo - If you enter the Sunken Cave and reach the teleporter at the end, then move towards the save sphere, it triggers the fight. He always ambushes you. If you want to leave the cave safely, use the teleporter.
    Dark Anima - The easiest to avoid. You need to play that minigame in the caves at Mount Gagazet where Wakka hits the centre of a thing with his Blitzball. Then Anima appears back where the Ronso are.
    Dark Magus Sisters - A Yevon guy and a kid near the start of Mushroom Rock Road. I'm not sure if approaching them triggers the fight, but talking to them does. If you need to go to Mushroom Rock Road, approach from Djose to avoid this.
    Penance - Appears after you beat all the Dark Aeons. Is an Airship destination.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    It's just talking to them in Mushroom Rock that triggers the fight

I was able to approach from the Mi'ihen side and bypass them, and continue doing monster collection

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    So I started X2. I'd actually never played it before, just watched my brother do so.

The core gameplay is actually pretty neat. I think FF5 gave me an appreciation of job systems, so switching between them mid-fight adds a nice tactical element to it.

But the fanservice is patently blatant. And I don't even know what they're doing with Brother except ewwwww.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular

Don't go back to Besaid.

but, speaking of Besaid.

Go to the airship

Talk to Cid, when the nav menu opens, go to the manual location search

Omega Ruins X: 67-75 / Y: 33-38
    Sanubia Temple X: 12-16 / Y: 41-45
    Besaid Falls X: 29-32 / Y: 73-76
    Baaj Temple X: 11-16 / Y: 57-63
    Mi'hin Ruins X: 33-36 / Y: 55-60
    Battle Site X: 39-43 / Y: 56-60

You can also go to input and put these three passcodes in to unlock other areas and items (you'll need these for Rikku and Auron)

GODHAND
    VICTORIOUS
    MASAMUNE

The last one is MURASAME not MASAMUNE. The Masamune is found elsewhere.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Another good Blitzball tip

Get a couple of points ahead, pass the ball to someone fast on your team, and head down to the bottom right of the arena, as pictured here

anwbSdf.jpg?1

Watch as both your players and the rival players spin in circles and do nothing

They just guard their goal, they don't think about the fact that they're points behind

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Yeah, I found that out by accident. Makes the league go a lot quicker.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    I always just hid behind my own goalie. Same thing happened.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Got Ribbon+BHPL armor for all but Auron via Dark Yojimbo.
    Have a BHPL armor for him so I figured I'd just finish off capturing 5 of everything for the 99 dark matter reward and make the other myself.
    Got 10 of almost everything so far. I stopped at 5 ogres because their spawn rate is ridiculously low. Still only have a couple ghosts and tonberries. Have almost 5 of everything barriing varuna and master tonberries in Omega. Went to Sin to capture stuf there. Fought Seymour Omnis.
    Wiped to a story boss for the first time in this playthrough because I completely forgot how he worked.
    Went back in for another and started reading up on how the wheels and shit work. Man this is complicated. I don't have time for this shit.
    Blitz Ace. Get fucked. Back to pokemon monster hunting.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Finally

After 40-fucking-9 games of blitzball

I have the Jupiter Sigil

Now to never touch blitzball again, for as long as I live

• Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    Finally

After 40-fucking-9 games of blitzball

I have the Jupiter Sigil

Now to never touch blitzball again, for as long as I live

Until they re-remake it for the Playstation 5.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    The Blitzball grinding made me realize one thing

I really, really miss GameShark

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I was happy with just getting Tidus, Auron, Yuna, and Rikku's weapons.

I spent all weekend doing that and decided, fuck it, let me just beat it and move onto X-2 already.