As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFX/X-2 HD] This is my remastered story (out March 18)

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Yeah. I was super worried baout Seymour Flux. and he killed me once (hence the scream of agony above ^ )

But then I went and bought some blessed armor (I really need more money....) for Auron and put Rikku's Curative Targe on her (love auto-med) which also has Alchemy (wooot 2000 hp), brought Lulu for a quick use of Bio, Yuna provided a few protect and shells, and then It was all Tidus with Hastega, Rikku, and Auron.

I think I lost Auron once to zombie/life, and I lost Rikkue and Tidus once to Annihilation. Other than that, it was a breeze.

And I really don't think I'm over levelled because the random monsters can still kick my ass.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I love when Seymour get out of sync and starts full-lifing people who've been cured of zombie, or never zombied at all.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    If you let every member of the party do something in every encounter, you'll overlevel quick.

Since experience is shared and not split, there's no reason not to do this.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I have a new worst voice acted line in this game and it is at Mt. Gagazet

"I... wanted to see it...

withyunabymyside"

Were you running out of time to finish the damn line, Tidus?

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    I have a new worst voice acted line in this game and it is at Mt. Gagazet

"I... wanted to see it...

withyunabymyside"

Were you running out of time to finish the damn line, Tidus?

The English VAs needed to pace their line readings to match up with the character models' lips, which were synced to the original Japanese dialogue, so lines like that get even more stilted than normal. Same with Yuna blurting out the same canned "yes" line in response to pretty much everything.

• Options
    He's not on screen when that happens. It's panning over Mt. Gagazet.

In fact, it's an internal monologue!

You can't just keep using that excuse for bad voice acting.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    No, that line was pretty bad.

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cyx6nWdFas

This video is pretty great.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    It needs to be done for every unfunny show.

Two and a Half Men.

Mind of Mencia.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    How bad should I feel for beating Seymour Flux with Trio of 9999 -> Drain Fury?

Also, some mega spoiler stuff
    Just got to the second big plot twist, and it's still kinda nuts. There's no real explanation for how Jecht got to Spira either. Sin came for Tidus because Jecht was his father, but why would Sin have come for Jecht? I guess it just being an accident that led up to this series of events is more than plausible, but still feels like a bit of a sore thumb.

Also I love that Star Ocean 3 tried kind of the same plot twist and it was the dumbest bullshit ever.

Radius on
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    How bad should I feel for beating Seymour Flux with Trio of 9999 -> Drain Fury?

Also, some mega spoiler stuff
    Just got to the second big plot twist, and it's still kinda nuts. There's no real explanation for how Jecht got to Spira either. Sin came for Tidus because Jecht was his father, but why would Sin have come for Jecht? I guess it just being an accident that led up to this series of events is more than plausible, but still feels like a bit of a sore thumb.

Also I love that Star Ocean 3 tried kind of the same plot twist and it was the dumbest bullshit ever.
    It's possible--and likely--that Sin did not intentionally come for Jecht. Merely that Jecht had the bad luck to stumble across it while practicing blitzball out at sea.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Hasted Rikku is the best thing ever.

Also, I really really need a level 3 sphere. Or several

• Options
    Next weekend is just me and Yunalesca.

Which my tablet just auto typed.

Scary Tablet. Scary.

• Options
    StingeStinge Registered User regular
    Hasted Rikku is the best thing ever.

Also, I really really need a level 3 sphere. Or several

Level 3 key spheres are a rare drop from Defender X in the Zanarkand Dome. I had like 10 by the time I fought Yunalesca.

• Options
    If you have steal on Kimahri you can also get 6-10 depending on luck from fighting Yenke and Biran.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I'm close to saying FUCK THIS when it comes to the "finish the sphere grid" trophies. Even with the Don Tonberry trick you still have to unlock every sphere and fill every empty node, and fortune spheres require beating Earth Eater repeatedly.

• Options
    Wait, the finish the sphere grid trophies require maxing all stats not just hitting every node?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Not so much maxing all stats, but filling in every node with a sphere of some kind. Including the spaces opened up by the lock spheres.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I think when the original game was out I didn't even manage to do it.

I had 200 hours clocked into FFX and I think I only managed to complete 90% of the Sphere Grid.

That said I did spend of lot of time removing and optimizing +1 and +2 spheres.

• Options
    hmm, yeah, if you don't mind not having luck max just throwing something in all the empty nodes wouldn't be as bad. Tedius, but farming magic spheres from OneEye is pretty quick.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Yeah mag def is okay if you don't care about basically wasting a bunch of time activating nodes for a stat you've already maxed.

I guess it's not as bad as having to capture 10 of every monster to unlock a ridiculous bonus boss.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I'm in the Luck-farming stage of that cheevo as well. I put on a movie to watch while I do it.

• Options
    Fun Tip: With Wakka's Attack Reels, the most powerful limit break in the game, if you let the timer run out to 0, the third reel stops on a 2-hit, so if you're not confident with that third reel it's an easy way to get twelve hits.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Welp, just beat Yunalesca

And since Sin was never a problem for me even back in the day, it would seem that I've now made it through an entire playthrough without a single Game Over

• Options
    I think i've had like 3 or 4. Seymour Flux once, and then the rest have all been the results of confusion and character's killing themselves. (goddammit wakka)

• Options
    My only game over so far was a Great Marlboro at Omega Ruins, because I forgot that they always ambush you.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    It is so damn satisfying now that I'm strong enough to one-shot Great Malboros.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    I now have four ribbon armors. Two from Dark Yojimbo, One from Dark Matters dropped while Sphere Farming, one from Ultima Buster's reward.

• Options
    Arggggggh.

Need level three spheres! Everybody is stuck!

• Options
    Arggggggh.

Need level three spheres! Everybody is stuck!

Where are you in the game?

• Options
    If you don't want to spend $O'aka, I find capturing a Machea (really spiky fiend) from the Omega Dungeon and fighting him again and again should net you a few.

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    So after about a dozen tries I managed to push the Chocobo Eater off the cliff. The trick is, Haste Lulu, Haste Auron, bench Tidus for Kimahri, and then Attack/Fire every chance you get. Keep overdrives for the first hit after you put it on its back (since two attacks will push it back, or one overdrive). Also be super lucky because doing it 100% depends on how often the boss decides to push you back, which you have no control over. If you get pushed back to the cliff before even pushing it once, just restart.

I fucking earned those spheres.

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »
    Also be super lucky because doing it 100% depends on how often the boss decides to push you back, which you have no control over.
    You can blind him with Dark Attack. If he can't hit you he can't push you back.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    Can I just say that I loved how status effects actually are extremely useful in FFX? It's just about the only FF game where they actually matter.

• Options
    Can I just say that I loved how status effects actually are extremely useful in FFX? It's just about the only FF game where they actually matter.

It was clever that the status effects are useful, but they balance it by having most of them last a few turns. Also the "- Break" statuses need to be used more often.

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    TamerBill wrote: »
    SimBen wrote: »
    Also be super lucky because doing it 100% depends on how often the boss decides to push you back, which you have no control over.
    You can blind him with Dark Attack. If he can't hit you he can't push you back.

Nope! The push attack ignores accuracy. The only way you can prevent it is by flipping him over (which cancels his next turn, and while flipped over he can only do Blizzard). I had Wakka in with Dark Attack at first too, but then I realized it wasn't worth wasting a turn of attack to dark him, as the fight is quick enough that I can take all the hits (with Auron's Power Break) and not have to heal a single time.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Hooorayy! I found the level three sphere in zanarkand dome!

Now to just kill that boss...

• Options
    Hrrrmm.
    I got Aurochs reels and it's not giving me the Jupiter sigil, even after reseting the league.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I got the Jupiter Sigil in league play, but my understanding is it can come up in tournament, as well. Might just have to reset it a couple times.

• Options
    I was doing so well!

arggghhhhhh

YUNALESCA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!