As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Twilight Imperium Game 9 - Round 8: Game Over.

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Hey @Kirindal, how much would you be willing to pay me to fly a lone Destroyer at your fleet in Dal Bootha?

• Options
    KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    The Nekro Virus would be most willing to give you 3 TG as well as our Trade Contract 2 once Trade is reestablished, @discrider‌ .

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Xxcha play Action Card "Local Unrest", targeting Lodor.

Local Unrest
    Choose a planet in a non-Home system. Exhaust that planet and destroy one Ground Force on it, if able. If there are no Ground Forces left on the planet, it reverts to neutral status.
    Play: As an action.

It's really too bad I can't attempt to liberate my own Home System planets...

Sabotage calls, anyone?

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    No Sabotage

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    No sabotage

• Options
    @Kirindal, seems like a fair offer.
    When would I expect to see the TG?

• Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    No sabo

• Options
    Oh yeah, no sab

• Options
    faintpremonitionfaintpremonition Registered User regular
    No- Naalu

• Options
    Naalu would like to point out that the Nekro has offered something for which they can't guarantee delivery.

• Options
    Xxcha's card goes through: Lodor is exhausted and one Ground Force is removed from the world.

@jakobagger, it is your turn to act.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    The Nekro Virus will give you 2 TG immediately with the last TG given after we have received your gift, @discrider‌ . The Trade Contract will given to you as soon as possible. The Nekro Virus would be willing to discuss concessions with the Naalu to assure the certainty of the latter offering.

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Tactical action (CP 4 -> 3)

Activate Quann system

Move all units from Moll Primus and 1 dreadnought from perimeter to Quann. Cruisers will use first strike.

In the event of casualties I will let the dreadnoughts sustain the first two. After that, the two destroyers.

• Options
    Battle will resolve once I verify any combat orders from @Kirindal.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Round 6 - Battle at Quann

Pre-Battle Round

Mentak has 2 Dreadnoughts, 2 Cruisers, and 2 Destroyers.
    Nekro has 1 Dreadnought, 2 Cruisers, and 1 Carrier.

Mentak uses their racial ability to take two pre-battle attacks with their Cruisers.
    No hits registered.

Round 1

Mentak scores 3 hits; @Kirindal, how will the hits be allocated?
    Nekro scores 2 hits, Mentak damages his two Dreadnoughts.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Kirindal wrote: »
    The Nekro Virus will give you 2 TG immediately with the last TG given after we have received your gift, @discrider‌ . The Trade Contract will given to you as soon as possible. The Nekro Virus would be willing to discuss concessions with the Naalu to assure the certainty of the latter offering.

Call me crazy but I don't want the VP leader to get great trade contracts, especially with Microtechnology, and I also don't want the Nekro to get War Suns for an unreasonably cheap cost.

This is a bit of a pet peeve of mine, but I don't think people always parse the cost well of trading tech with the Nekro.

A destroyer and a CC would cost you three TG, and there's a hard cap on how many CCs you can get per round, especially this game with Leadership going fallow twice.

So basically the three TG are at best covering your costs. That means you're selling War Sun, a top tier technology, for... A 2:2 trade. Would you make that deal with any other race?

Technologies are worth 8 resources or 6 resources and 2 influence the traditional way. Why sell them so cheaply to the Nekro?

I may be bitter because a player in my other game just gave away Type IV drive to the Nekro, for "peace" and another player sold him XRD for 2 TG, which was a loss on his part...

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Just throwing this out there, but I am also in the market for a Couple of TGs. If I can be of service to anyone let me know.

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Kirindal wrote: »
    So basically the three TG are at best covering your costs. That means you're selling War Sun, a top tier technology, for... A 2:2 trade. Would you make that deal with any other race?
    @Kirindal , you may want to hold off on playing Tech until second round, as I may have to buy Automated Defense Turrets this turn.

discrider on
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    The Nekro Virus Carrier, Cruiser, and Dreadnaught each take a hit.

We also have no problem being patient in playing Tech, consider it held off. If it would allay the fears of the Naalu on an inequitable trade, then the Nekro Virus would be more than happy to sweeten the pot for the Muaat, say to the tune of two extra TG. What do you say, @discrider‌ ?

Kirindal on
  • Options
    Nekro destroys his Carrier and 1 Cruiser and damages his Dreadnought.

Round 2

Mentak has 2 Dreadnoughts (both damaged), 2 Cruisers, and 2 Destroyers.
    Nekro has 1 Dreadnought (damaged) and 1 Cruiser.

Mentak scores 3 hits, destroying 1 Nekro Dreadnought and 1 Nekro Cruiser.
    Nekro scores 0 hits.

Combat resolves in favor of Mentak. Status update coming shortly.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Round 6: Action Phase Update 1

The Naalu Collective: Activate the Vega system. (CP 3 --> 2)
    Move in 2 Cruisers, 1 Carrier, 4 Fighters, and 2 Mechanized Units from the Xxcha Home System and 2 Carriers, 8 Fighters, 2 Mechanized Units, and 2 Ground Forces from Industrex.
    During the space combat, Naalu loses 3 Fighters while Xxcha loses 2 Cruisers, 1 Destroyer, 1 Carrier, 3 Fighters, and 2 Ground Forces; combat resolves in favor of Naalu.
    Land 1 Mechanized Unit and 2 Ground Forces on Vega Minor and 3 Mechanized Units on Vega Major.
    In the invasion combat at Vega Minor, Naalu suffers no losses while Xxcha loses 2 Ground Forces; combat resolves in favor of Naalu.
    In the invasion combat at Vega Major, Naalu damages 3 Mechanized Units while Xxcha loses 3 Ground Forces; combat resolves in favor of Naalu and 1 Xxcha PDS and 1 Xxcha Space Dock is destroyed.
    The Yssaril Tribes: Activate the "Fleshly Bankruptcy" empty system. (CP 1 --> 0)
    Move in 1 Cruiser and 1 Destroyer from Mecatol Rex.
    The Xxcha Kingdom: Play Action Card "Local Unrest", exhausting Lodor and removing 1 Naalu Ground Force. (AC 6 --> 5)
    The Mentak Coalition: Activate the Quann system. (CP 4 --> 3)
    Move in 1 Dreadnought, 2 Cruisers, and 2 Destroyers from Moll Primus and 1 Dreadnought from Perimeter.
    In the space battle, Mentak damages 2 Dreadnougts while Nekro loses 1 Dreadnought, 2 Cruisers, and 1 Carrier; combat resolves in favor of Mentak.
    Mentak uses racial technology "Salvage Operations" to gain 2 Trade Goods. (TG 5 --> 7)

Current Map: Round 6, Action Phase Update 1

Current Technologies

Victory Points and Objectives
    The Embers of Muaat: 4 VP
    The Yssaril Tribes: 3 VP
    The Naalu Collective: 2 VP
    The Nekro Virus: 2 VP
    The Mentak Coalition: 1 VP
    The Xxcha Kingdom: 1 VP

Public Objectives
    [1 VP] I now spend 10 resources or 10 influence.: Yssaril, Naalu, Muaat, Xxcha, Mentak
    [1 VP] I have more than one Technology Advance in 3 different colors.: Yssaril, Muaat
    [1 VP] I won a Space Battle against at least 3 opposing ships in one system this turn.: Naalu, Nekro
    [1 VP] I am blockading an opponent's Space Dock.: Yssaril
    [1 VP] I now spend 4 Trade Goods, 3 resources, and 3 influence.: Nekro
    [1 VP] I control planets with a total influence greater than the player to my immediate right and greater than the player to my immediate left.
    Public Objective Deck: 5 Stage II Objectives

Secret Objectives
    The Embers of Muaat: [2 VP] Usurper: I control Mecatol Rex; I have a Space Dock and at least 6 Ground Forces here.
    The Naalu Collective: 1 Secret Objective
    The Nekro Virus: 1 Secret Objective
    The Yssaril Tribes: 1 Secret Objective
    The Mentak Coalition: 1 Secret Objective
    The Xxcha Kingdom: 1 Secret Objective

The Naalu Collective: faintpremonition
    Trade Goods: 1
    Action Cards: 3
    Political Cards: 0

Strategy Allocation: 1
    Fleet Supply: 5
    Command Pool: 2

Trade Contracts: (Naalu [2], Naalu [1])
    Technology: Antimass Deflectors, XRD Transporter, Enviro Compensator, Sarween Tools, Cybernetics

Worlds:
    R - Maaluuk (0R, 2I)
    R - Druaa (3R, 1I)
    R - Archon Ren (2R, 3I)
    R - Archon Tau (1R, 1I)
    R - Industrex (2R, 0I, R (x2))
    X - Lodor (3R, 1I, G)
    R - Mallice (0R, 3I)
    R - Primor (2R, 1I, GF (x2))
    X - Vega Major (2R, 1I)
    X - Vega Minor (1R, 2I, B)
    The Nekro Virus: Kirindal
    Trade Goods: 5
    Action Cards: 7
    Political Cards: 1

Strategy Allocation: 4
    Fleet Supply: 6
    Command Pool: 3

Trade Contracts: (Nekro [2], Nekro [1])
    Technology: Hylar V Assault Laser, Gen Synthesis, Dacxive Animators, Sarween Tools

Worlds:
    R - Mordai II (4R, 0I)
    R - Dal Bootha (0R, 2I, R)
    R - Garbozia (2R, 1I, G)
    R - Mellon (0R, 2I)
    R - Xxehan (1R, 1I, G)
    R - Zohbat (3R, 1I, B)
    The Embers of Muaat: discrider
    Trade Goods: 2
    Action Cards: 7
    Political Cards: 0

Strategy Allocation: 2
    Fleet Supply: 4

Trade Contracts: (Muaat [2], Muaat [2])
    Technology: Enviro Compensator, Sarween Tools, Micro Technology, Nano Technology, War Sun, Hylar V Assault Laser, Deep Space Cannon, Neural Motivator, Neural Computing

Worlds:
    R - Muaat (4R, 1I)
    R - Mecatol Rex (1R, 6I)
    R - Arcturus (1R, 1I)
    R - Bellatrix (0R, 1I, R)
    R - Lisis (2R, 2I)
    X - Sumerian (2R, 2I, TG (x2))
    R - Tsion (2R, 2I, TG (x2))
    R - Velnor (2R, 0I, R)
    The Yssaril Tribes: El Skid
    Trade Goods: 2
    Action Cards: 13
    Political Cards: 4

Strategy Allocation: 1
    Fleet Supply: 5
    Command Pool: 0

Trade Contracts: (Yssaril [2], Yssaril [1])
    Technology: Antimass Deflectors, XRD Transporter, Type IV Drive, Enviro Compensator, Sarween Tools, Cybernetics, Stasis Capsules, Neural Motivator

Worlds:
    R - Retillion (2R, 3I)
    R - Shalloq (1R, 2I)
    R - Arinam (1R, 2I, B)
    R - Hercalor (1R, 0I, Y)
    R - Lazar (1R, 0I)
    R - Meer (0R, 4I)
    R - Sakulag (2R, 1I)
    R - Tiamat (1R, 2I, Y)
    The Mentak Coalition: jakobagger
    Trade Goods: 7
    Action Cards: 6
    Political Cards: 1

Strategy Allocation: 0
    Command Pool: 3

Trade Contracts: (Mentak [1], Mentak [1])
    Technology: Hylar V Assault Laser, Enviro Compensator, Sarween Tools, Stasis Capsules, Salvage Operations, Mirror Computing

Worlds:
    R - Moll Primus (4R, 1I)
    R - Perimiter (2R, 2I)
    R - Quann (2R, 1I, G)
    R - Tequ'ran (2R, 0I, R)
    R - Thibah (1R, 1I)
    R - Torkan (0R, 3I, B)
    The Xxcha Kingdom: GrimmyTOA
    Trade Goods: 0
    Action Cards: 5
    Political Cards: 2

Strategy Allocation: 3

Trade Contracts: (Xxcha [2], Xxcha [2])
    Technology: Antimass Deflectors, XRD Transporters, Enviro Compensator, Hylar V Assault Laser

Worlds:
    R - Saudor (2R, 2I)

Neutral Worlds and Special Effects
    Necessary Bureaucracy (LAW): After voting on an agenda, players vote on the next card of the Political deck. Once per agenda.

Strategic Planning: Until the end of Round 6, Mentak does not need to spend counters from Strategy Allocation to play on the secondary abilities of Strategy Cards.

Order of Play
    The Naalu Collective: (0) Trade II
    The Yssaril Tribes: (1) Leadership
    The Xxcha Kingdom: (2) Diplomacy II
    The Mentak Coalition: (3) Assembly
    The Nekro Virus: (7) Technology II Current Player
    The Embers of Muaat: (8) Bureaucracy

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    @jakobagger‌ Don't forget you can also build a ship of the same type as one of the ones you destroyed with your racial technology.

faintpremonition on
  • Options
    @Kirindal, that's fine with me.

• Options
    @jakobagger‌ Don't forget you can also build a ship of the same type as one of the ones you destroyed with your racial technology.

Already at fleet limit, unfortunately. Since the nekro didn't manage to kill anything.

• Options
    The Nekro Virus activate Mellon-Zohbat and send a Dreadnaught, 3 Cruisers, and a Destroyer there from Mordai II.

In addition, the Nekro Virus give 2 Trade Goods to the Muaat.

@discrider‌

• Options
    Activate XXehan - Dal Bootha and INVADE WITH MY DESTROYER.
    Surrender or feel the full brunt of my STEELY HULL.

• Options
    @MrBlarney to resolve combat, 2/4/1 SA/FS/CP

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Round 6 - Battle at Dal Bootha-Xxehan

Round 1

Muaat has 1 Destroyer.
    Nekro has 1 Cruiser, 2 Destroyers, an 1 Carrier.

Muaat scores no hits.
    Nekro scores 1 hit, Muaat Destroyer destroyed.

Combat resolves in favor of Nekro; @Kirindal to elect whether to use his racial ability.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    The Nekro Virus choose to exercise our racial ability and extract the computer core from the wreckage for examination. The Nekro Virus thanks the Muaat for insight on War Sun construction and send a courier to Muaat with 3 TG.

• Options
  • Options
    It seems like a fine time to PLAY TRADE II. Naalu gain 3 TG.

Naalu propose the following trade arrangement:

Naalu 2: Yssaril 2
    Naalu 1: Nekro 2
    Nekro 1: Yssaril 1

• Options
    Yssaril approve of both the trade proposals concerning them.

• Options
    The Embers heartily disapprove of all trade proposals not concerning us.
    And frankly, the less Microtechnology helps us, the more we will have to retool towards Nanotechnology.

• Options
    The Nekro Virus do not approve of the trade proposals as well as it does not suit our current needs.

• Options
    I would enjoy getting trade deals. Obviously my contracts are poor, so I'd take most anything. I wouldn't mind having contracts with Yssaril and/or Naalu, as a sign of good neighbourship.

Depending on the deal I could probably throw some spare trade goods to Naalu as payment?

• Options
    jakobagger wrote: »
    I would enjoy getting trade deals. Obviously my contracts are poor, so I'd take most anything. I wouldn't mind having contracts with Yssaril and/or Naalu, as a sign of good neighbourship.

Depending on the deal I could probably throw some spare trade goods to Naalu as payment?

Since the Nekro has declined to participate in trade, a spot has opened up.

Naalu 2: Yssaril 2
    Naalu 1: Mentak 1
    Yssaril 1 : Mentak 1

If Mentak approves, not additional tribute is required, although we request immunity to your piracy if we end with extra trade goods this round. If the Yssaril agree, and it is the same value for them, we can proceed.

-Naalu

• Options
  • Options
    El Skid wrote: »
    Yssaril approve of both the trade proposals concerning them.

Yep, still good!

• Options
    I'm good with that.

• Options
    Hmm, I don't suppose there's any chance I'll be able to strike a deal with Muaat or Nekro? Not that my contracts are likely to be useful for much longer...

4463rwiq7r47.png