As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This was the Last PS4 Thread

• Options
    AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Just came to post that, unbelievable.

MS reports "5 million sold to retailers" as well so far. Which means in the last 3 months they've shipped about 1 million total to retailers (not sold to consumers)

12-31-2013: 3 million sold, 3.9 million shipped
    04-18-2014: ? million sold, 5 million shipped

PS4: Best selling platform.
    Xbox One: 311K
    Xbox 360: 111K

vjumf7S.jpg

Infamous doing well. Same with South Park.

Allforce on
  • Options
    nusunusu Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    7 million sold to consumers (PS4) vs 5 million shipped to retailers (Xbox One). Gaf has the difference between the PS4 and the Xbox One at 60k, so ~370k for PS4 in March?

In Non PS4 sales info, no Reaper of Souls on that chart even though it sold 2.7 million in a week for Blizzard. Digital Distro numbers would be great to see. Maybe I should buy a share of stock in all these companies to get quarterly numbers at least.

nusu on
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    I know a few people in here expressed interest in FInal Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn and I came across this platform comparison video today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDPbXAKxNdc

Thought people in here may enjoy it if they were on the fence or curious how the game looks across PS3, PS4, and PC

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    Uh, am I seeing things, or is boob size noticeably different between those versions?

Also, I often feel like I can't tell much difference in these comparisons, Tomb Raider for PS4 was another example. I fully expect the significant difference going from PS3 to PS4 will be stuttering and draw distance.

PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Septus wrote: »
    Uh, am I seeing things, or is boob size noticeably different between those versions?

Also, I often feel like I can't tell much difference in these comparisons, Tomb Raider for PS4 was another example. I fully expect the significant difference going from PS3 to PS4 will be stuttering and draw distance.

Lara's boobs aren't quite sizeable enough to cause the PS3 to stutter nor do they disappear into the horizon because of poor draw distance.

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Holy crap, the photo mode in Infamous: Second Son is incredible.

6DeUvrm.jpg

gCNNVuA.jpg

xAlkaZJ.jpg

Z4uZSSh.jpg

2l8FMTw.jpg

And that was just in the first five minutes!

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular

I got halfway through it and closed the tab. Useless comparison. I really wish these stupid sites would stop using Youtube or their own crappy video players to make these comparisons, the bit rates are laughably poor.

Just wait for Digital Foundry to make a comparison.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Oakey wrote: »
    Looks like Titanfall didn't save the XB1, PS4 leads March NPD

This explains Respawns recent "We don't care about how much titanfall sold" thing I saw on Gamespot and couldn't help but wonder "Uhhh, why are they going on about that?". For Sony to beat MS on the month Titanfall came out is a massive defeat for MS and any "console warring" aside, it's pretty damn significant for that to happen given the ridiculous hype (and hopes) Microsoft built around that game. That Sony have 7 million sold to consumers while MS only given 5 million sold to retailers is a big issue for them as well and there isn't any way to spin that comparison to make it look good. Bear in mind the last "To consumers" figure we have is around 3 million for the Xbone, so for them to not give an updated figure for consumers and rely on shipped numbers is very bad news for them.

MS have to do something special now and it will be interesting to see what that is, it goes without saying that E3 is now utterly huge for them. They cannot fail again like they did last year. I just hope Sony doesn't get complacent on this and think they have won now they saw off Microsofts trump card. There isn't a massive amount of great stuff coming out on PS4 to me yet and so Sony need to have a really good showing at E3 (giving some indication of how the Order actually plays beyond being a very pretty cinematic game would be a good start).

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Aegeri wrote: »

This explains Respawns recent "We don't care about how much titanfall sold" thing I saw on Gamespot and couldn't help but wonder "Uhhh, why are they going on about that?". For Sony to beat MS on the month Titanfall came out is a massive defeat for MS and any "console warring" aside, it's pretty damn significant for that to happen given the ridiculous hype (and hopes) Microsoft built around that game. That Sony have 7 million sold to consumers while MS only given 5 million sold to retailers is a big issue for them as well and there isn't any way to spin that comparison to make it look good. Bear in mind the last "To consumers" figure we have is around 3 million for the Xbone, so for them to not give an updated figure for consumers and rely on shipped numbers is very bad news for them.

MS have to do something special now and it will be interesting to see what that is, it goes without saying that E3 is now utterly huge for them. They cannot fail again like they did last year. I just hope Sony doesn't get complacent on this and think they have won now they saw off Microsofts trump card. There isn't a massive amount of great stuff coming out on PS4 to me yet and so Sony need to have a really good showing at E3 (giving some indication of how the Order actually plays beyond being a very pretty cinematic game would be a good start).

I think where Microsoft made the mistake was not making Titanfall a Xbone exclusive instead of Xbox exclusive.

The gains the PS4 is making this generation are from converting 360 users. Titanfall was never going to do that because it came out on the 360 a month after it was released on the Xbone.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    zllehszllehs Hiding in a box, waiting to strike.Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Aegeri wrote: »

Already have my ticket for the E3 hype train!

Ms needs to sell consoles so they will come out swinging (halo quantum break and a new ip or 2). I have tons of faith that Phil Spencer will not disappoint.

Sony on the other hand has to show something because we know next to nothing about everything.
    I'm fully expecting a coming out party for the 2 big exclusives this fall in Drive club and the order along with maybe a new uncharted trailer a new ip and a huge destiny influence.

CHOO CHOOOOO

zllehs on
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    And The Last Guardian, PS4 exclusive!

Yeah! It'll be out soon you guys!

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Why do people care about that game? It looks dumb. You're a little boy and you hit a button or two to make a giant mouse perform a series of pre-scripted actions. Exciting?

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »
    Why do people care about that game? It looks dumb. You're a little boy and you hit a button or two to make a giant mouse perform a series of pre-scripted actions. Exciting?

Team ICO

• Options
    jimb213jimb213 Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »
    Why do people care about that game? It looks dumb. You're a little boy with horns and you hit a button or two to make a girl hold your hand and run around a castle. Exciting?

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    I've never finished Ico. I've started it like, 7 times, but I never finish it. I just... forget it's there.

SotC, on the other hand, was amazing, and I don't expect TLG to bring anything to the table that might top it.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I don't think I've ever been as indifferent on a game as I am on The Last Guardian

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I don't think I've ever been as indifferent on a game as I am on The Last Guardian

Seven years of development time does that.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    AchireAchire Isn't life disappointing? Yes, it is. Registered User regular
    Looking at this year world wide the PS4 has sold 3 million to consumers and the Bone has sold 1.1 million to retailers.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Achire wrote: »
    Looking at this year world wide the PS4 has sold 3 million to consumers and the Bone has sold 1.1 million to retailers.

That's pretty amazing

Also

Octodad on Tuesday!

• Options
    More importantly, Octodad is $14.99, or $11.99 for PS+ members.

I can drop $12 on cephalopod shenanigans.

• Options
    Octodad is absolutely worth it for that price, it's incredibly silly fun.

• Options
    VorpalVorpal Registered User regular
    I know a few people in here expressed interest in FInal Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn and I came across this platform comparison video today.

Thought people in here may enjoy it if they were on the fence or curious how the game looks across PS3, PS4, and PC

I'm honestly really surprised at how similar all those shots are. I would have expected much greater difference between PS3 and the others.

steam_sig.png
    PSN: Vorpallion Twitch: Vorpallion
  • Options
    VorpalVorpal Registered User regular
    I'm holding out for The Last Guardian 2.

steam_sig.png
    PSN: Vorpallion Twitch: Vorpallion
  • Options

That's pretty amazing

Also

Octodad on Tuesday!

Whoa that's a hell of a claim UV!
    Link?

• Options
    zllehs wrote: »

That's pretty amazing

Also

Octodad on Tuesday!

Link?

UV posted the link over in the PSN thread:

• Options
    Houn wrote: »
    zllehs wrote: »

That's pretty amazing

Also

Octodad on Tuesday!

Link?

UV posted the link over in the PSN thread:

Thanks Houn... Should've known better than to have doubted UV...

Time to get that song stuck in my head again... And work on a new sig lol

• Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    Took some trades down to Local Used Game Shop then some other trades in to GameStop and pre-purchased MLB14, Watch Dogs, and Destiny. I'm set on big games through the Fall now. :)

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    SagrothSagroth Registered User regular
    I am super excited about Octodad, you guys.

3DS Code: 5155-3087-0800
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    PS3 FF14's biggest failing is in framerate, IMO. It's still pretty solid, but a much poorer experience than PC.

• Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    And The Last Guardian, PS4 exclusive!

Yeah! It'll be out soon you guys!

I hate you.

-sobs-

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    For anyone wanting a good FFXIV comparison, Digital Foundry have released their face-off:
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-final-fantasy-14-ps4-face-off

A few quotes:
    A Realm Reborn on PS4 was also supposed to be targeting a consistent 60fps frame-rate, but the final version of Realm Reborn actually comes with an unlocked frame-rate (capped at 60Hz) and the goal of keeping things north of 30fps. It's a similar set-up to Square Enix stable-mate Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, and suggests the game is more demanding to run than its origins on ageing hardware might imply.
    Looking closely through the shots in our Final Fantasy 14 triple-format comparison gallery, the only real difference between the PS4 and PC is the visibly lower level of anisotropic filtering on Sony's console. The PC version operates with 16x AF in our shots, while reduced effect on PS4 leads to texture details becoming blurred when viewed from sharp angles, although otherwise the artwork remains relatively crisp and clear.
    Of course, the vast technical upgrade over the PS3 version is perhaps to be expected, but more impressive perhaps is the lengths to which Square Enix has gone in integrating the PS4's unique features. Basic DualShock 4 functionality is similar way to PS3 version, although there are more Cross Hotbar customisation options, but the touchpad really helps, putting a decent replacement for a PC mouse at the tip of your finger.

You can move a cursor around freely, while pressing the touch pad cycles between different parts of the HUD menu - chat bar, map icons, quest log, etc. It takes a little while to get the hang of, but once you understand it, it's very flexible. And hey, it's also possible to plug in a mouse and keyboard.
    The PlayStation 4 version of Final Fantasy 14 is an impressive port that comes close to delivering a PC-quality experience on a console. The PC version is still the best option overall, but the crisp 1080p visuals, more detailed artwork, longer draw distances and the possibility of having hundreds of characters on-screen at once without that big a dip in performance are all fantastic achievements for this next-gen console release, and people who simply prefer doing their gaming on console will get a good deal out of this version - while still getting to play along with their friends on PC.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    I'm not sure I'd call the touchpad a decent replacement for a mouse. It's kinda janky to actually use.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

Yep, that female character definitely has bigger boobs on the PS4.
    Vorpal wrote: »

I'm honestly really surprised at how similar all those shots are. I would have expected much greater difference between PS3 and the others.

Did you fullscreen 1080p that video? PS3 has much less detail on textures and some models are simpler, edges are a lot fuzzier, draw distance is shorter, frame rates are lower.

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Re: Boobs via the FF14 thread:
    Corehealer wrote: »
    Khavall wrote: »
    When they did one of the female character quick switches to show difference....

.....her boobs got bigger on the PS4.

That's because they didn't copy and paste the same character code and someone adjusted the chest slider higher and probably said whatever go with it later when they were editing it together.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    Sony files trademarks for “Entwined” and “Kill Strain”
    Sony has registered for a pair of new trademarks with the USPTO.

“Entwined” and “Kill Strain” were filed for on April 14 and April 15 respectively. And on April 17 and April 18, the two names entered the Trademark Reporting and Monitoring System.

Entwined and Kill Strain are both intended to be used for game software. More specifically, the two trademarks pertain to “Computer game software; Downloadable computer game software via a global computer network and wireless devices; Video game software”.

Could either of these two registrations be related to upcoming, unannounced titles for Sony’s platforms?

• Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    I'm broadcasting some yakuza ishin gameplay on ustream if anyone is interested. Finally found an area where broadcasting is allowed. Should be under dracilcegon

3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Another PS4 has been sold!

my PSN tag is IEatBrainmeat

Be my friend. :D

acpRlGW.jpg
  • Options
    Hmm. I'm getting the "Credit Card Info Not Valid" error. I tried entering the info both on the PS4 and the website but no change. Googleing brings up threads from 2008 with no real answers. And I have entered the info exactly as it is on my statements, except for my zipcode, my statements list my complete zipcode but the account page list an error when I enter the complete zipcode.

It had no problem when I signed up for PSN+

acpRlGW.jpg
  • Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    Hmm. I'm getting the "Credit Card Info Not Valid" error. I tried entering the info both on the PS4 and the website but no change. Googleing brings up threads from 2008 with no real answers. And I have entered the info exactly as it is on my statements, except for my zipcode, my statements list my complete zipcode but the account page list an error when I enter the complete zipcode.

Contact your credit card. Mine did this and it was because they were blocking the transaction for "account protection" or some junk. I had to verify that yes I actually wanted to make those transactions.

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Beltaine wrote: »

Contact your credit card. Mine did this and it was because they were blocking the transaction for "account protection" or some junk. I had to verify that yes I actually wanted to make those transactions.

I've had this happen before as well. It was because I was in the Midwest while Sony of America and Valve are based on the West Coast, hence the transactions were registered as taking place there. My credit card moving half way across the US in two hours set off all kinds of flags I guess.

This discussion has been closed.