As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TF2] Comic #4 Out Now!

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    We should do a HoNC where everyone is using the super low-res command.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    That'd be super hard to enforce. I wonder if I could admin command that. Probably not...

I definitely plan on making a video with that sometime soon-ish.

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    I can already feel the headache that 8 bit TF2 would give me after 5 minutes. No thanks.

488W936.png
  • Options
    Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    24/7 8 bit wubwub with Adus strapped down in front of a monitor

xW4uymo.gif

Bear is Driving on
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Hey guys, you know what we should not do tonight?

Play the new version of asteroid.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Better than the last version!

Not as good as the first!

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    I think my biggest grump with asteroid is it's really hard for some of the classes to contribute.

Bots have too much health for the light classes to sneak in and kill them quickly (the A bots have at least 350 health). They're also squirrely little bastards which makes killing them with pipes annoying.

Still no good sniper lanes.

Spy can't do anything to the bots and getting cores out of the vault is super hard if the other team is paying attention at all.

Heavy has a really hard time making it across the meat grinder of the middle bridge if a medic isn't babysitting him.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Hernk Hernk!?

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Look at what you're missing!

2014-07-25_00001_zps1615d50f.jpg

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    The spy can start capturing the opponents core right before they reach 300, giving your team a little more time to make a push for the core.

It's really weird that in the first version the middle bridge was an afterthought and all the action happened in the lobbies. Now all the major contention happens on all three bridges.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    An update to Team Fortress 2 has been released. The update will be applied automatically when you restart Team Fortress 2. The major changes include:
    Fixed a client crash related to the CTF HUD
    Fixed the CTF HUD not updating properly

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    WeX MajorsWeX Majors 8th Floor, MegashipRegistered User regular
    Crash, fyi, I want that KillCam of me you got. I don't show up in them often enough. (because I suck)

Also, LOOK AT THIS HANDSOME RUSSIAN BEAST
    UlSwHLu.jpg

• Options
    I didn't save any of you, Wex. Sorry!

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Well, I had a fun time.

And remember, Fish God beats Train God, which beats the dual Gods of Bear and Shark, who beat Fish God.

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    But fish make the train tracks slippery. Can't forget that part.

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Yes, it's why Fish God beats Train God.

And Train God beats Bear God by running him over, and because Bear God must be equal and separate in all things, Train God beats him too.

And Bear and Shark Gods eat Fish God.

Thus do you play Cosmic Fish-Train-Bear.

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    I think my biggest grump with asteroid is it's really hard for some of the classes to contribute.

Bots have too much health for the light classes to sneak in and kill them quickly (the A bots have at least 350 health). They're also squirrely little bastards which makes killing them with pipes annoying.

Still no good sniper lanes.

Spy can't do anything to the bots and getting cores out of the vault is super hard if the other team is paying attention at all.

Heavy has a really hard time making it across the meat grinder of the middle bridge if a medic isn't babysitting him.

I have actually had the total opposite experience in terms of Spy, which is to say that with so much action stuck at the lobbies/mid it is surprisingly easy to get behind and take out a bot or two. Particularly once the other team is pushed forward and has teles up. I find it pretty enjoyable to just létranger back and do some meaningful team contribution as a hide-from-things spy.

Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
  • Options
    MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
    Just saw a highway sign that is an exit to Redstone Arsenal Gate 9? I feel like someone should be pushing a bomb on a cart on these railroad tracks next to the road

Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
  • Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    You know what maps need more of? Giant pipes!

61CB3E00DCC12D9FA435E449964BE8E741C0F57B

I should probably work on texturing them for real because they look pretty out of place.

• Options
    Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
    directional flow arrows and colors perhaps?

• Options
    I think one team is going to have CO2 going through their pipe, and the other team is gonna have Oxygen going the other way. Or maybe yeast and flour. I don't know, there's gonna be some kind of relation though. :rotate:

And yeah, they'll be team color coded. Everything is red team right now because the map is still a pair of instances, once I get further along in detailing I'll make a copy for blue team and retexture everything for blu.

• Options
    RED with a bunch of biodomes and synthetic air producing plants

BLU with just rooms of dirty coal generators

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Doing some ambient lighting tests. Snagged it out of Mountainlab and then matched the angles I had set up before.

44B5B6FE140C8E9D5FBFA45118444AACFAC5282A

BCE29D3633362B29D264E80EACF48E4933F2E0CA

1B1E6915498ACE556EBD8CC8536661922505DEA0

DF093546D66A96D88FC2C10AFC2D113DDB7538FC

6CEF444DE3D4B43D9BF5FE09E61EB00A2DD748F0

I like the added warmth but I feel like it might be a bit too warm/ dark now? I'm not sure. I have a terrible eye for lighting, so I could definitely use some other opinions on it.

@xzzy what do you think, oh master of the lighting?

• Options
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    It seems a tiny bit too dark in places, especially Red's second cap. Around the metal sheeting.

Red's final seems like a big improvement though.

488W936.png
  • Options
    It might be a touch too warm but you could probably get by without making any changes, it looks pretty good. Take some shots of the blue side too, as the warm light kind of blends in with the red shades. Maybe it'll show it needs changes on the blue side, but I'm just guessing. It's subtle enough that people might never notice.

That spotlight over CP2 is pretty weird, you wouldn't be getting a halo like that during the day. I'm not sure the lit windows on mid are appropriate either, they wouldn't glow like that during the day.

Load up stoneyridge and look how I set up lightbulbs and env_sprites around point B where snipers like to stand. You could probably do some of that around the doorways on mid to draw people's eyes to those spots, brighter interior lights might be enough but if you put an env_sprite in it would definitely make those doors easy to notice.

Compare the doors you have in that shot on mid.. the left one that leads to the truck room is pretty close to perfect, could maybe use a little more glow. The one on the right that goes into the ramp room really blends in.

• Options
    I think I was just so used to the bright white lighting from before that this looked super dark to me. It's growing on me for sure. I'll snag some blu side next compile.

• Options
    Some more recent Blu side stuff:

AFF5899C0A33EB6331F84614FECFA331503C3AE1

184FA198A3D28B46D190B7F96280768A0CE81DC7
    Not sure how I feel about this big ass window, though...

E57D9517D413325A44B996093EC9F985E6E5E090

EE851464BE7A6C40DD8F5DCB0AA02265DB5D9646

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    the outdoor areas look a a few shades too dark to me too, the final cap interior looks good though
    and the lit up windows and light shaft from the lamp outdoors in daylight look odd

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I like it. Looks kind of like the sun is setting. Maybe a different skybox would look more appropriate?

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    OIgZnW1.png

I finally opened an unusual. I can stop buying keys. The curse has been lifted.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    Yeah, the environment lighting on blue side is a little off. It makes everything look orange, like there's a layer of dust on it. A more intense global lighting might work, I don't know I'm just guessing.

• Options
    Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    all I know is that I want that giant window to have some sort of HDR lighting effect that is going to blind anyone that still happens to have HDR lighting enabled

e: or bloom, whichever is going to be the most blindingest

Mr. Buttons on
  • Options
    I actually decided that window was ugly and got rid of it. Didn't really make much sense, I was just looking for a quick and lazy detail there.

• Options
    I got a specialized killstreak kit for my shotgun, so now it and my wrench will both glow! YAY!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEWT0Anrc7k

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    the color of the light is rather orange. That stands out to me in that batch of screens.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
This discussion has been closed.