As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Diablo 3:RoS] The Merch Hungers | see new thread

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I dunno what to tell you then, when I was using it I found it pretty effective on T2. It's great comboed with Judgment/Resolved.

• Options
    KeemossiKeemossi Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    3clipse wrote: »
    I dunno what to tell you then, when I was using it I found it pretty effective on T2. It's great comboed with Judgment/Resolved.

Dunno, if it does work like dots and only crits on cast it would work well with Resolved, since it'll be a guaranteed crit.

..wait, I can't imagine it does work like that. So yeah, just seems really bad. A base 20 cooldown skill should be able to kill normal mobs :P

Keemossi on
  • Options
    YoshuaYoshua Registered User regular
    I think it may only seem bad because there doesn't seem to be any feedback on it's damage unless you use FoH. I have definitely seen it vaporize packs of whites on it's own in T1 though.

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Just as an FYI, the sky isn't falling for Shard of Hate. I am also sad that it won't have a 100% proc chance and that certain builds can't exploit double procs, but it's still a really good weapon. The procs will still hit like a truck!

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Keemossi wrote: »

Dunno, if it does work like dots and only crits on cast it would work well with Resolved, since it'll be a guaranteed crit.

..wait, I can't imagine it does work like that. So yeah, just seems really bad. A base 20 cooldown skill should be able to kill normal mobs :P

Either your damage is shit or you're playing on way too high a difficulty because mine did kill white mobs on T2.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options

Either your damage is shit or you're playing on way too high a difficulty because mine did kill white mobs on T2.

Only tested it on T1. No holy damage bonuses though, still lightning stuff. Figured 1600% ish damage should be significant regardless.

Gambled a Jekangbord finally. Not so good stats, still tempted to try a build with the fire shields and stuff, since I got some decent fire gear.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I found Heavens Fury to be pretty good. Not using it currently, but it's a nice extra source of damage. I imagine with Akarat/Rally stuff burns down pretty quick.

Keemosi, did you ever think about not playing a crusader? You really seem to hate it.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Keemosi, did you ever think about not playing a crusader? You really seem to hate it.

No, I really like the class. That's the only reason I can stand the fact that it has shitloads of totally useless passives and crap skills, and does half the damage an equally geared wizard, and that's only till you run out of resources, which are super slow to generate.

Like, I hate the fact the class is so damn weak. But I love to play it.. when soloing, anyway. The skills are fun. I like playing my current FotH build, since the resources are near endless with Reaper's Wraps. There's a lot of cool builds I still want to try. And if I get the class set and/or some good class weapons I could actually get together a build that's both fun *and* effective. Perma-champion would fix both the annoying cooldowns and resource thing :p

e: Just to clarify, I complain because I care about the class and want to play it. It's how I express my love!

Keemossi on
  • Options
    To be fair, for every class most of the passives suck.

• Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Also, if it makes you feel better, generating rage on a barbarian kind of sucks too.

shadowane on
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    shadowane wrote: »
    Also, if it makes you feel better, generating rage on a barbarian sucks too.

Not too bad if one runs Frenzy and the Unforgiving passive. Otherwise, yeah. pretty bad.

And I can't help but feel that there's something better to run than Unforgiving. but it's so convenient.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

True. It's a bit confusing why. To be fair, crusaders do have more useful passives than some classes, probably. It's just what's pissed me off lately, since I can't find any good passives to help me clear faster. It's all defensive, which helps on higher difficulties only :p

The fire shield throw build seems awful compared to hammers/foth. I probably need to wait for Gyrfalcon till I start throwing shields, then. The gear's a bit rough though, but I do have Maximus/Cindercoat/Magefist combo.

• Options
    SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    The only legendaries I get on my monk are 2-handers, bad fist weapons, and Manald Heals...

Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

• Options
    Also, if it makes you feel better, generating rage on a barbarian sucks too.

Not too bad if one runs Frenzy and the Unforgiving passive. Otherwise, yeah. pretty bad.

And I can't help but feel that there's something better to run than Unforgiving. but it's so convenient.
    Eh I still find using frenzy takes forever to fill my globe. And I can't fit unforgiving into my build if I want to survive T2. All I really need is 3 pieces of Immortal Kings and the Ring of Royal Grandeur. With permanent Call of the Ancients and the second set bonus, rage issues apparently go away.

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    I find amazing rare legendaries that I really need and want

with terrible rolls

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Or often I find not upgrades but "side-grades". Really cool, useful items for a build that I cannot complete at this point in time

I have like 3 different incomplete builds on my wizard

• Options

True. It's a bit confusing why. To be fair, crusaders do have more useful passives than some classes, probably. It's just what's pissed me off lately, since I can't find any good passives to help me clear faster. It's all defensive, which helps on higher difficulties only :p

The fire shield throw build seems awful compared to hammers/foth. I probably need to wait for Gyrfalcon till I start throwing shields, then. The gear's a bit rough though, but I do have Maximus/Cindercoat/Magefist combo.

Fire shield is good if you stack fire damage. It still probably needs some buffs but it's pretty good damage/wrath.

• Options
    RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    Ratsult2 wrote: »
    Having 5 dogs is the best thing.

Hey, so what is the legendary that makes it so your fetish armies don't go away until they die

4 parts of the Zunimassa set. One of which probably shouldn't be the helm because there are "pets do 100% more damage" and "fetishes shoot poison darts when you do" legendary helm options.

But where are you going to get crazy pickup radius without Thing of the Deep?

Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Good lord, the complaints on the bnet forums about Shard of Hate changes...

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    No pls give me your terrible shard of hate

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    I love the typical response:
    guess it easier to nerf 1 leg than buffing all others.

Sigh.

It's like their brain cannot grasp how dumb of an idea it is to change every other item in the game to match the power of one bugged item.

Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    I'm not sure where to fit my Shard of Hate into my build.

Like with WD, it's either cold or poison damage. I can kinda use plague bats to proc it, but don't have the mana for a lot of uptime on that.

Cold damage kinda works, but the cold proc doesn't trigger often enough for it to make a big difference.

• Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    I could use some help understanding how to play my hardcore wizard better. I feel like I'm stuck in a plateau, both gear- and damage-wise:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ChubbyBunny-1452/hero/45483024

I'm currently clearing T1 pretty well with parties, haven't tried it solo. My sheet dps/toughness is a little lacking, but I think a lot of the +Arcane Torrent Damage, +Arcane Damage, and -Damage from Elites isn't taken into account in that. No legendaries have dropped to replace the yellows I still have left, and I haven't gotten a single set piece for my wizard yet. I blew all of my shards to get the Triumvirate (rerolled a bad vitality roll for +Torrent damage).

:( Is there anything obvious that I should be doing?

I see you were lucky enough to have a Ring of Royal Grandeur dropped, which you're not gloriously abusing yet. :P

The Wizard set pieces will come in time, but in the meantime, did any lvl. 70 green plan drop for you yet? Aughild's is pretty much BiS in the shoulder slot Hardcore and Softcore when you account the two and three set bonus. You just have to choose one of the other slots; the helm comes with fixed All Resistance, which is what I'm shooting for. Asheara is also very good for survivability; the 100 All Resistance and 20% life is nothing to sneeze at and you get the not-unimportant Follower proc, which can help you CC mobs.

I'm not sure if the Armory is displaying correctly, but you could use some new shoulders, gloves, chest, ring and ammy. Also, remember not to go overboard with stacking Vitality. While it does increase your Toughness, it's only an estimation of your survivability. It's important to strike a balance between health and damage mitigation (armor and resistances). Since you're an Int class, you should have plenty All Resistance though. Armor is a pretty bad primary stat now though, so some other ways to increase survivability includes reduced melee/ranged/elite damage, life regeneration, life after kill, single resistances, the immunity amulets if you're lucky and Asheara's four set bonus (which is easy to craft if you happen to have the plan). Increased pickup radius and health globe bonus also help in a way. More useful than +exp and thorns at any rate.

PS. I would always, ALWAYS use Teleport - Wormhole as a get out of jail free card, but that's just me.

V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Shard of Hate is the perfect weapon for a lightning monk, since I use both a lightning based generator and spender. It also just happens that Deadly Reach: Scattered Blows does:

Line AOE
    Fastest attack of the 4 generators
    85%/85%/35% proc rates, the third hit being a really nice aoe

I've heard that SoH also possibly scales from +skill damage too, but I can't confirm that yet. Seems plausible since my shock procs hit in the 3-6m range.

Saldonas on
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    Is there a shard of hate equivalent for holy/fire?

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Skycutter and Maximus. Maybe Burning Axe as 1h?

edit: Skycutter's proc is hilariously bad though.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    Good lord, the complaints on the bnet forums about Shard of Hate changes...

Don't do this to yourself

FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Also, if it makes you feel better, generating rage on a barbarian kind of sucks too.

I've been running the dash with the rune that reduces CD per mob hit. Get a couple of guys together and just dash through them a couple times with no CD for a full globe.

• Options
    Moridin889 wrote: »

I've been running the dash with the rune that reduces CD per mob hit. Get a couple of guys together and just dash through them a couple times with no CD for a full globe.
    I do that but it only works if there are 5 mobs around, they line up appropriately, and the game doesn't decide to just randomly run me into a wall in the completely wrong direction. Basically, there are some situations where earning rage isn't hard. But when you don't have them, it's laborious. Hell, there's currently a bug with Avalanche - Tectonic Rift where it will randomly decide that every time I use Boulder Toss, it just goes back to 3 charges. I have no idea what causes it, but I abuse it when it happens and have no shame in that.

• Options
    Chubby BunnyChubby Bunny Regal Pocket Monster Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Chen wrote: »
    I could use some help understanding how to play my hardcore wizard better. I feel like I'm stuck in a plateau, both gear- and damage-wise:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ChubbyBunny-1452/hero/45483024

I'm currently clearing T1 pretty well with parties, haven't tried it solo. My sheet dps/toughness is a little lacking, but I think a lot of the +Arcane Torrent Damage, +Arcane Damage, and -Damage from Elites isn't taken into account in that. No legendaries have dropped to replace the yellows I still have left, and I haven't gotten a single set piece for my wizard yet. I blew all of my shards to get the Triumvirate (rerolled a bad vitality roll for +Torrent damage).

:( Is there anything obvious that I should be doing?

I see you were lucky enough to have a Ring of Royal Grandeur dropped, which you're not gloriously abusing yet. :P

The Wizard set pieces will come in time, but in the meantime, did any lvl. 70 green plan drop for you yet? Aughild's is pretty much BiS in the shoulder slot Hardcore and Softcore when you account the two and three set bonus. You just have to choose one of the other slots; the helm comes with fixed All Resistance, which is what I'm shooting for. Asheara is also very good for survivability; the 100 All Resistance and 20% life is nothing to sneeze at and you get the not-unimportant Follower proc, which can help you CC mobs.

I'm not sure if the Armory is displaying correctly, but you could use some new shoulders, gloves, chest, ring and ammy. Also, remember not to go overboard with stacking Vitality. While it does increase your Toughness, it's only an estimation of your survivability. It's important to strike a balance between health and damage mitigation (armor and resistances). Since you're an Int class, you should have plenty All Resistance though. Armor is a pretty bad primary stat now though, so some other ways to increase survivability includes reduced melee/ranged/elite damage, life regeneration, life after kill, single resistances, the immunity amulets if you're lucky and Asheara's four set bonus (which is easy to craft if you happen to have the plan). Increased pickup radius and health globe bonus also help in a way. More useful than +exp and thorns at any rate.

PS. I would always, ALWAYS use Teleport - Wormhole as a get out of jail free card, but that's just me.

Hey, thanks for that. Yeah, I guess I shouldn't complain about the set pieces. I've gotten one set piece to drop, but it was gloves for a DH, which is where the frustration comes from. I don't think any green plans have dropped for me yet; just got my first legendary plan. I agree that I could use new <wherever I have yellow> and the rolls on the amulet are pretty bad. However, the chest is -9% damage from elites, which I think is pretty boss. I'm hesitant to give it up for another non-legendary / set item.

- I use duplicates as my get out of jail free card, since I can use it when stunned and they all taunt
    - I'm feeling pretty forced into Arcane Torrent + Arcane Dynamo right now, so I'm dealing with a lot of AP issues that I didn't have pre-2.0.4, because I was running a melee wizard

How far would you say I am from being able to try t2? I'm very confident in my t1 runs...

Battle.net: ChubbyBunny#1452 | Steam: Bunny1248 | Xbox Live: CBunny1

My Digital Pin Lanyard || PAX East '13, '14, '15, '19 | PAX South '15
  • Options
    There is literally zero reason to do runs above T1 except for the thrill of the hunt (and hunted).

Beware of hubris...

V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    edited April 2014

I've got 1 piece of the Raekor's set that for the 5 piece gives you:
    Furious Charge gains the effect of every rune.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/raekors-striders

That sounds like a lot of fun.

Incindium on
    steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular

I'm starting to think that, aside from the wizard (and maybe the monk) all the classes struggle with resource generation. It feels like part of the game design. The more I play my crusader, the more that Wrath generation feels like a problem solved by specific skills, items, and attack speed. It's not clear to me how this is different from anyone other than the wizard, who maybe has too many ways to replenish arcane power.

Crusaders and barbs may be in the worst spots in terms of resource generation, but I'm not convinced it's as bad as some make it sound. I think the problem can be resolved with small changes, like a few different skill runes or passives.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    Incindium wrote: »

I've got 1 piece of the Raekor's set that for the 5 piece gives you:
    Furious Charge gains the effect of every rune.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/raekors-striders

That sounds like a lot of fun.
    Yeah I've got the helm from that set. I would be in heaven if I could find more but I never see set pieces so I doubt I'll complete it.

• Options
    There is literally zero reason to do runs above T1 except for the thrill of the hunt (and hunted).

Beware of hubris...

If you can do T1 and T2 at the same speed, you have higher xp, gold, and legendary drop rates at T2.

• Options

Beware of hubris...

If you can do T1 and T2 at the same speed, you have higher xp, gold, and legendary drop rates at T2.

Think he means in hardcore.

• Options
    Killing speed doesn't matter when you're dead. Some people enjoy near-death experiences though so ymmv.

V0Gug2h.png
  • Options

Beware of hubris...

Think he means in hardcore.

Ooooooh.

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    a
    Brolo wrote: »
    I'm not sure where to fit my Shard of Hate into my build.

Like with WD, it's either cold or poison damage. I can kinda use plague bats to proc it, but don't have the mana for a lot of uptime on that.

Cold damage kinda works, but the cold proc doesn't trigger often enough for it to make a big difference.

Spirit barrage doesnt proc it much? It hits 4-6 times/can proc multiple times per cast I thought. It works well with my Andy's when I switch to it occasionally.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    How long does it take people to do a rift on average? 10 minutes? 15 minutes? How long should an average rift take if doing it on the appropriate difficulty?

This discussion has been closed.