As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Marvel's Agents of SHIELD - SPOILERS EDITION [See OP for Spoiler Rules]

• Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    It is possible that Simmons
    is the one who's been compromised and Hydra already knew that Bobbi was a spy so they let her take Simmons.

When you think about it, Hydra handled the whole thing really poorly. Unless Hydra is completely incompetent and didn't bother to install security cameras in their offices, they should have been able to easily track Simmons down and seen Mockingbird's betrayal. As soon as Mockingbird attacked the two guards she was with, every guard should have been alerted to her betrayal on their radios. Not to mention how the entire building should have been put on lockdown as soon as they knew there was a mole.

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    is the one who's been compromised and Hydra already knew that Bobbi was a spy so they let her take Simmons.

When you think about it, Hydra handled the whole thing really poorly. Unless Hydra is completely incompetent and didn't bother to install security cameras in their offices, they should have been able to easily track Simmons down and seen Mockingbird's betrayal. As soon as Mockingbird attacked the two guards she was with, every guard should have been alerted to her betrayal on their radios. Not to mention how the entire building should have been put on lockdown as soon as they knew there was a mole.

The problem with putting camera all through your evil facility is they collect a lot of evidence, and are vulnerable to remote hacking.

I mean, Cybertek was dealing with hacking by going all the way back to typewriters and paper.

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular

I'm not sure how secure Hydra's computers are considering
    what Rayna was able to do with getting an image on every desktop

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Yeah, it was like that, it could just go any which way still. It could not go that way, that be fine.

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Have we not considered the alternative? That Hydra's computers display all emails full screen initially, for exactly such events.

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Have we not considered the alternative? That Hydra's computers display all emails full screen initially, for exactly such events.

That is an excellent policy for a top secret research lab with lots of compartmentalization to attempt to protect themselves from saboteurs / moles. Actually, no matter how you look at it, that lab is clown shoes.

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    Now I'm picturing the great stories from a Hydra network administrator/software developer on the MCU Trenches webcomic page.

• Options
    ComradebotComradebot Lord of Dinosaurs Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    With Palicki being a movie star is it possible she's going to be in the movie side of the MCU?

Not to downplay her, but calling Palicki a "movie star" is a bit of a stretch. She was in the crappy remake of Red Dawn and the second of the recent crappy GI Joe movies and then, like... a smattering of pretty obscure stuff, and I don't think in any of it was she more than a supporting role.

Not to say she might pop up in MCU movies, but if so it'll be for reasons beyond her memorable role in such "hits" as Legion.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Geddoe wrote: »
    Now I'm picturing the great stories from a Hydra network administrator/software developer on the MCU Trenches webcomic page.

'I was a network admin for a small arm (well, tentacle really) of a world-domination focused organisation.
    Despite the fact that secrecy was supposedly a major concern, management insisted on having the company logo on everything. Like, every printout, every desktop background.
    Even black-ops were conducted with these logos on, just to make sure everyone knew that we were a criminal organisation.
    (One time, I suggested having them dress up as actual SWAT guys so they wouldn't get the real cops called on them, and I was threatened with something to do with 'compliance')
    Eventually I got fired after an email somehow auto-opened a photo on every screen in the building (even the ones that didn't have internet access).

Since then, I've gotten a job at a large game development publisher.
    I miss world domination organisations.'

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Comradebot wrote: »
    With Palicki being a movie star is it possible she's going to be in the movie side of the MCU?
    Not to downplay her, but calling Palicki a "movie star" is a bit of a stretch. She was in the crappy remake of Red Dawn and the second of the recent crappy GI Joe movies and then, like... a smattering of pretty obscure stuff, and I don't think in any of it was she more than a supporting role.

Not to say she might pop up in MCU movies, but if so it'll be for reasons beyond her memorable role in such "hits" as Legion.
    Red Dawn was a flop, but GI Joe: Retaliation's box office was almost 300% of its budget. She's may not be Sandra Bullock, but she's not some obscure fresh face either.

• Options
    She's like Cobie Smulders and Clark Gregg: They're all IN blockbusters. They are not blockbuster generators.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Well, I mean, you save New York and people will probably learn your name, if nothing else. Did the pilot feature Avengers action figures? Or am I imagining that?

I'm sure she made a name for herself in SHIELD before New York. She was an infamous assassin for the KGB before Hawkeye recruited her. Avengers just put her into the stratosphere of known bad-asses.

• Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    One detail of the escape....
    Mockingbird approached them with her sticks, but burst onto the roof seemingly without them but with a handgun instead.

Weapon swap due to brainwashing code phrase, or actual combat?

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    XSIMj5S.png

YOU COULD HAVE STOPPED IT, COULSON

Jragghen on
  • Options
    Comradebot wrote: »

Movie star is probably the wrong word for it but she isn't stranger to the big screen, aside from Coulson and May* every actor on the show hasn't got that credit.

* Ming-Na has since became a tv actor

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I'd love to see Marvel help break down the wall between "film actor" and "TV actor" at least a little bit. If for nothing else, then at least for the flexibility of using some of the actors from the movies in short arcs on TV, and vice versa.

minor incident on
    Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    MyiagrosMyiagros Registered User regular
    I had no clue who Palicki was, I've seen GI Joe and Legion but don't remember her from either. Ming Na was the same, didn't know her from anywhere. Clark Gregg was the only one I knew of and that was from the Marvel movies.

iRevert wrote: »
    Because if you're going to attempt to squeeze that big black monster into your slot you will need to be able to take at least 12 inches or else you're going to have a bad time...
    Steam: MyiagrosX27
  • Options
    Myiagros wrote: »
    I had no clue who Palicki was, I've seen GI Joe and Legion but don't remember her from either. Ming Na was the same, didn't know her from anywhere. Clark Gregg was the only one I knew of and that was from the Marvel movies.

Palicki was Lady Jaye in G.I. Joe: Retaliation and Ming-Na was Chun-Li in Street Fighter: The Movie.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited October 2014

tumblr_inline_mrvdgrLX8t1qz4rgp.gif

Houn on
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Delmain wrote: »
    Random thoughts:
    +1 to Coulson's "No deal.". Another flaw in Raina's plan was she was alone with no way to get out alive if they didn't want her to. So May just walks up "That file goes out, you die." and problem solved probably. Throw in helping her for the carrot. So she was doomed from the start.

I kind of hope she walks into the office first thing next episode. More tiny violins.

I really hope Skye doesn't cave with her attitude toward Ward.

I wonder if we'll get more to the Simmons/Fitz reunion. Maybe he'll keep poking her to check if she's real. Or we'll get both head-Simmons and real-Simmons!

BOO to any of the new characters being love interests. No damn triangles, thanks.

Mockingbird can have a passive-aggressive thing with Hunter, that can be the new romance plot if required.
    For the first bit: she was dead anyway if she didn't get the obelisk, Whitehall basically promised as much.
    Going to. If May demonstrated it be much more immediate she'd cave, her whole goal it to avoid it.
    Except it was already established that she feared Whitehall more than Kyle MacLachlan who she presumably fears more than SHIELD

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    I also knew Ming-na from the Final Fantasy movie. And her previous TV role on some stupid sit-com.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    I knew her from Eureka. I didn't realize she was Mulan until that show came out and I looked her up

• Options
    ZaylenzZaylenz Registered User regular
    So since Mockingbird s Hunter's ex in the show, does that mean she won't be Hawkeye's ex in the live action MCU then? I did laugh when Hunter commented on liking her better as a blonde, since one of my reactions during the reveal was ''shouldn't she be blonde.''

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Random thoughts:
    I wonder if we'll get more to the Simmons/Fitz reunion. Maybe he'll keep poking her to check if she's real. Or we'll get both head-Simmons and real-Simmons!
    Having seen this on BSG already, head-Simmons will be way cooler than real-Simmons. Though real-Simmons might get Fitz into some orgies and such.

Palicki got her start on Friday Night Lights, the award-winning show nobody watched.*

Plm6nOA.jpg

Ming Na was on ER for a billion years.

Fa3bDaE.jpg

Clark Gregg was on New Adventures of Old Christine, but arguably he was previously best known for being FBI guy on The West Wing.

D1xD6TZ.jpg

Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!

hippofant on
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    hippofant wrote: »
    Random thoughts:
    Having seen this on BSG already, head-Simmons will be way cooler than real-Simmons. Though real-Simmons might get Fitz into some orgies and such.

Palicki got her start on Friday Night Lights, the award-winning show nobody watched.*

Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!

They didn't exactly make it easy to watch. Only the first couple of seasons were aired as a normal show, then they switched it to on demand or something like that. I remember thinking the show was cancelled and then being really confused a couple years later when I saw an episode review on ESPN's page 2.

**I now own all the seasons on DVD

LostNinja on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Zaylenz wrote: »
    So since Mockingbird s Hunter's ex in the show, does that mean she won't be Hawkeye's ex in the live action MCU then? I did laugh when Hunter commented on liking her better as a blonde, since one of my reactions during the reveal was ''shouldn't she be blonde.''

She didn't start off as Hawkeyes ex in the comics as far as I know. They met, fell in love and got married in the pages of Marvek comics. No reason that couldn't happen in the MCU (not to say it WILL happen, just that it can)

• Options

She didn't start off as Hawkeyes ex in the comics as far as I know. They met, fell in love and got married in the pages of Marvek comics. No reason that couldn't happen in the MCU (not to say it WILL happen, just that it can)

Black Widow's going to be pissed when Mockingbird starts putting the moves on her man.

• Options

Black Widow's going to be pissed when Mockingbird starts putting the moves on her man.

Age of Ultron spoiler
    Widow and Banner are apparently dating.

• Options

Age of Ultron spoiler

Wat

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »

Age of Ultron spoiler

Wat
    Cuz terrifying mortal fear is the way to a woman's heart?

• Options
    jdarksun wrote: »
    I think you mean speculation

I though one of the actors said that but it appears it was never more than a rumor.

• Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    edited October 2014

The problem with putting camera all through your evil facility is they collect a lot of evidence, and are vulnerable to remote hacking.

I mean, Cybertek was dealing with hacking by going all the way back to typewriters and paper.

Not putting cameras in their offices and labs is fine but I doubt that there's a lot of incriminating stuff going on in their hallways. Also, don't connect the security system to the internet.

KingofMadCows on
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Awkward reunion is awkward

SPOILER - clip for next episode

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    I haven't seen that clip because things like that are products of the spawns of satan, but:
    Now Fitz can can bond with Hunter over his 'ex' showing back up too!

• Options
    I haven't seen that clip because things like that are products of the spawns of satan, but:
    Now Fitz can can bond with Hunter over his 'ex' showing back up too!
    Hunter has it easy. Fitz has two "ex's" and one's in his head.
    Simmons is a cylon, isn't she?

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular

Not putting cameras in their offices and labs is fine but I doubt that there's a lot of incriminating stuff going on in their hallways. Also, don't connect the security system to the internet.

You can't not connect the security system to the internet. Everything electronic is connected to the internet.
    What, you think it's possible to create some kind of 'local' network that only has direct cable connections to a manned security office, with no wireless access?

I know this is a comic-based series, but lets try to keep things vaguely plausible.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    BigWillieStylesBigWillieStyles Expert flipper of tables Inside my mind...Registered User regular
    So, who else thinks the season ends with Ultron showing up? Like James Spader's velvety voice just saying some cool shit.

3DS Friend Code: 1006 - 0121 - 6969
    PM me with yours if you add me
  • Options
    That would be awesome. But I give it a 10% chance of happening.

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    I'd like to see the team take out one Stark-bot minion. "We're helping!"

This discussion has been closed.