As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sazer[chat]

ElendilElendil Registered User regular
2796376_orig.jpg?397

It's sazy-time.

I just want to drop this [chat] and get my drank on

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    @Apothe0sis‌ do u no shit about maya dynamics specifically the fluid simulation because idk LOL

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    It's gettin' [Chat] in here
    So take off all yo clothes

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    elendil you are making me thirsty

but I'm all out of booze

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Alright, Will!

I have done it!
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Oh, man...

Girls were mean to me in Elementary School like whoa. In fairness, I was a rather goofy looking kid.

2094.gif

REGARD YOUNGER MEEEEE
    1463962_10102355891766044_7607429064193991181_n.jpg
    1560609_10102355891606364_778867305855154873_n.jpg
    10153932_10102355891596384_244290407881488818_n.jpg
    10155855_10102355891441694_1259790658337060449_n.jpg
    10262262_10102355891741094_3292050694690091617_n.jpg
    1544559_10102355891531514_7494464615104491541_n.jpg
    10157237_10102355891426724_4055905429571924502_n.jpg

OR, LOOK AT BABY ME
    10264776_10102355891446684_4408958532764293250_n.jpg
    10155521_10102355891865844_6287106955933293104_n.jpg
    10153081_10102355891795984_8224915269424570625_n.jpg

Now you see that I was awkward and I win. GAME. OVER.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Ronaldo so cute

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    You seem to be partially agreeing and partially disagreeing with everything I say, ronya, in a way that I cannot make much ultimate sense of.

What he's saying (I believe) in his own overly complicated way is that you can't create a legal standard re: the 4th amendment that makes normal police work impossible. So the more complicated you make the standards for police to do something simple and, the more likely they are to just lie in order to create those circumstances.

To quote him:
    your suggested mode of civilian policing inherently requires that the police meet an ambiguous condition by straightforwardly always insisting that it holds, regardless of whether the cop really thinks it holds.

If you ever wonder where a culture of open contempt for constitutional limitations comes from, here it is
    And this also relates to how you punish bad behaviour.

By making the standards stringent in the field, but loose in the courts, you are encouraging the police to resort to bad behaviour because you are placing the greatest burden for knowledge and behaviour on people in the least controlled, most stressful and most time-contrained part of the entire policing/judicial process. It also encourages prosecutorial misconduct, who have necessarily looser standards because otherwise policing becomes impossible.

His suggestions is the opposite of yours. That the loose, more discretionary behaviour should be front-loaded to the cops dealing with people on the street and the harder standards be left for back at the station, when heads are cooler and supervision by more knowledgeable people is possible. And the strictest standards being applied to people being convicted rather then people being arrested.

• Options
    it is done

it smells wonderful but the taste doesn't seem there yet

there is more work to be done

• Options
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    @desc lera pentelute is an american apparel model that i am in love with for some reason

i would take her to the finest of ukrainian diners

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    I guess the confusion stems from the fact that I am not exactly suggesting some affirmative idea.

ronya was pointing out what he believes to be impossible and I was just pointing out that it already is.

Which then turned into a strange dispute about whether or not it is good that it is, which was not really something we'd been disagreeing about in the first place.

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    so I scored a date with a guy in my home town, he wants us to class up, go to an art museum and then drinks after on Friday.
    this is the first time someone has offered a museum kind of a date. I like it.

• Options
    Will you stare at a picture and have your hands slowly join without making eye contact in silence?

• Options
    these elendils are making me thirsty

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Eddy wrote: »
    desc lera pentelute is an american apparel model that i am in love with for some reason

yes it is a mystery

• Options
    I was going to take a picture in the present to show off my gray hair and the ravages of time upon my mortal coil.

But then I got lazy and started listening to video game music. I think I have done enough timewarp sharing for one evening. For years worth of evenings.

In other news, I have tomorrow off of work and I am probably going to spend it writing fantasy bullshit. And playing games.

• Options
    I guess the confusion stems from the fact that I am not exactly suggesting some affirmative idea.

ronya was pointing out what he believes to be impossible and I was just pointing out that it already is.

Which then turned into a strange dispute about whether or not it is good that it is, which was not really something I had been fighting with him over in the first place.

Talking to ronya is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma, that has been shit out and then eaten again by a bulldog.

Also, you were suggesting ideas by saying that it was easy to teach cops to follow the rules, whereas ronya's point was that it's neither easy nor really doable since you've made the rules so complicated the police are just gonna skip over them.

• Options
    oh dear lord

there we go

there we go

a quick swirl was all it took

my god

it's full of stars

• Options
    edited April 2014
    msmya wrote: »
    so I scored a date with a guy in my home town, he wants us to class up, go to an art museum and then drinks after on Friday.
    this is the first time someone has offered a museum kind of a date. I like it.

So you are both gonna stare awkwardly at walls for hours pretending not to be bored because you don't wanna look unclassy to the other person and then drink too heavily afterwards to try and loosen up and end up over-sloshed and either throwing up in the other person's lap or fucking like animals in a filthy barroom stall. Or both.

shryke on
  • Options
    Organichu wrote: »
    desc lera pentelute is an american apparel model that i am in love with for some reason

yes it is a mystery

tumblr_n0g2ljO9eo1qha82go2_1280.jpg

maybe if i stand in that exact spot for fifteen years she'd fall in love with me

• Options
    I don't really like super strong alcohol but I inexplicably prefer 100 proof whiskey over 80 proof whiskey.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Eddy she is gorgeous

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    Alright, Will!

I have done it!
    Oh, man...

Girls were mean to me in Elementary School like whoa. In fairness, I was a rather goofy looking kid.

2094.gif

REGARD YOUNGER MEEEEE
    1463962_10102355891766044_7607429064193991181_n.jpg
    1560609_10102355891606364_778867305855154873_n.jpg
    10153932_10102355891596384_244290407881488818_n.jpg
    10155855_10102355891441694_1259790658337060449_n.jpg
    10262262_10102355891741094_3292050694690091617_n.jpg
    1544559_10102355891531514_7494464615104491541_n.jpg
    10157237_10102355891426724_4055905429571924502_n.jpg

OR, LOOK AT BABY ME
    10264776_10102355891446684_4408958532764293250_n.jpg
    10155521_10102355891865844_6287106955933293104_n.jpg
    10153081_10102355891795984_8224915269424570625_n.jpg

Now you see that I was awkward and I win. GAME. OVER.

omg you still look just like baby frodo

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    I don't really like super strong alcohol but I inexplicably prefer 100 proof whiskey over 80 proof whiskey.
    higher proof is generally better

it means they aren't cutting corners!

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    shryke wrote: »

Which then turned into a strange dispute about whether or not it is good that it is, which was not really something I had been fighting with him over in the first place.

Talking to ronya is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma, that has been shit out and then eaten again by a bulldog.

Also, you were suggesting ideas by saying that it was easy to teach cops to follow the rules, whereas ronya's point was that it's neither easy nor really doable since you've made the rules so complicated the police are just gonna skip over them.

Well, again, I was just disagreeing with his affirmative idea, not proposing some separate affirmative idea.

He thought something was expensive and difficult and I gave him a handful of reasons to think that it might not be.

At which point he informed me that, ah-hah! I was so right that it circled back to make me double wrong about a similar-but-different issue I hadn't really taken a stance on.

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    I only go for margot tenenbaum types with absolutely no life skills apart from being able to constantly exude heroin chic and also being able to get really upset about literally nothing at all

• Options
    Omg fffff MONTA

GRAAAAAAAAH

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    omg you still look just like baby frodo

hatetodeath.png

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    lasik has been okay so far

the surgery itself was p easy -- the suckiest part was when they suction your eye and make the flap, but it didnt hurt per se (eye is numb), just uncomfortable. felt like someone is pushing your eye with their thumb

slept for most of the day

trying to watch some tv but having trouble keeping eyes open which may be the vicodin

right eye feels like its scratched which is normal i guess

a couple of times ive opened my eye after being closed for a while and had a gush of tears fall out

• Options
    i also look a bit like frodo

in that i have long, luscious curls on my head and my feet

• Options
    I only go for margot tenenbaum types with absolutely no life skills apart from being able to constantly exude heroin chic and also being able to get really upset about literally nothing at all

I have no life skills!

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    oh no my stepbrother i'm in love with lost a tennis match a bloo bloo bloo i'm going to prague for a month to find new and exotic drug cocktails / unibrowed men

• Options
    Dude my feet hair is voluminous.

Glorious tresses that only the shirefolk can appreciate.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »

I have no life skills!

i have fewer lief skilz

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Fffffff

OT

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    @Apothe0sis‌ do u no shit about maya dynamics specifically the fluid simulation because idk LOL
    Apologies effendi, I do not. It was long ago and not the focus of the courses we undertook

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    also having the valium during the surgery was good

they should prescribe that for every anxious life event

sat? valium

marriage? valium

• Options
    When your only tool is valium, everything starts to look like an anxious life event.

On the plus side, you don't give a gat damn.

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2014
    today in homeownership i learned the difference between the fill and the drain lines on the dishwasher. the dishwasher still doesn't drain but it's not its fault. have a clog somewhere up the line i suppose.

on the bright side, the washer/dryer i installed worked really well at drying the towel i had to use to soak up all of the water...

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    Fucking monta ellis

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited April 2014
    these elendils are making me thirsty

i am sipping on a french single malt called armorik

it's real good. more scotchy than brenne or bastille but still that big fruity copper-pot distillation flavor

recommended if you like whiskey. kind of hard to track down tho i guess

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
This discussion has been closed.