As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

fak u [chat]

skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin againRegistered User regular
i had a saved chat with a lot of cool neil degrasse tyson shit

but vanilla took a shit on me

so now we get this

this thing

our natural resources exhausted, our planets core unstable

iceliquid a dictator that we need but

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    this is terrible

dankey kang, pls

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    YOU WERENT EVEN THE PRIMARY CREATOR SKIPPY. YOU WERE BACKUP. YOU ARE THE BACKGROUND CHARACTER HAMMING IT UP AND RUINING TAKES BEFORE GETTING REMOVED FROM THE SET.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    okay but srsly

Superman-The-Man-of-Steel-Movie-bearded-Clark-Kent-by-actor-Henry-Cavill.jpg

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    skippy's definitely been drinking

he can't cope with perfect vision

what has our science wrought

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i recognize that my bias against video game music is bad

like i remember playing me2 and being like awww shit dis mah jam

but the wanna-be-cool-and-get-gurlz part of my brain rebels, like EW VIDEO GAME MUSIC

i attribute this almost 100% to nerdgasmic and him trying to aggressively push chiptunes on me

• Options
    so there I was

with bionic vision and some second hand chat mandate,

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    skippy how did you know my weakness was superman

how could you have possibly known look at him jesus chirst

• Options
    bearded henry cavill, donkey kong, gay twins

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    okay but srsly

Superman-The-Man-of-Steel-Movie-bearded-Clark-Kent-by-actor-Henry-Cavill.jpg

Is that Wolverine Superman?

• Options
    Organichu wrote: »

but the wanna-be-cool-and-get-gurlz part of my brain rebels, like EW VIDEO GAME MUSIC

i attribute this almost 100% to nerdgasmic and him trying to aggressively push chiptunes on me
    there is lots of neat video game music

let me take you there, chu

let me take you to a whole new world

• Options
    skippy how did you know my weakness was superman

how could you have possibly known look at him jesus chirst

dk that is a pic from pax

im just casually playing airhockey with my shirt off

• Options
    edited April 2014
    bearded henry cavill, donkey kong, gay twins

dokney kong superman otp

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    i've been shipping y'all since the first featurette dropped on the trailers app

• Options
    ALSO TWIN BOYFRIENDS

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    http://www.cinemablend.com/pop/Lindsay-Lohan-I-Was-Pregnant-Miscarried-Shooting-Reality-Show-63559.html
    Lindsay Lohan spent damn near the entire first season of her OWN reality show, Lindsay, pissing everyone off. She missed scheduled shoots. She occasionally refused to participate, and at one point, Oprah Winfrey herself told the actress to cut the bullshit. Well, last night Lohan finally addressed her own behavior, and if she’s to be believed, she had a pretty good excuse for being so difficult: she was pregnant and later miscarried mid-season.

The bombshell came out last night on the season finale of Lindsay, and since then, it’s been widely covered by everyone from The New York Daily News to TMZ. The majority of outlets seem to be treating it as a legitimate news story, but in comment sections, on Twitter and in various skeptical corners of the Internet, people aren’t necessarily ready to take her at her word. In fact, there are some who believe this is just the latest in a long line of trademark Lindsay Lohan excuses.

You can take a look at an excerpt of her exact quote below…
    “No one knows this. I had a miscarriage for those weeks that I took off. I couldn’t move. I was sick. Mentally, that messes with you.”

The truth is we don’t know. Lohan refused to identify the father or even how far along she may have been. At no point during the filming of the show did she look like she was pregnant or suffer any kind of unexplained weight gain, but they didn’t exactly zoom in on her stomach repeatedly. Unless she opens up about the situation more publicly in the future, it’s likely she’ll always have both supporters and doubters on this issue, but considering the Lindsay Lohan M.O., she should be very comfortable with that arrangement by now.

At this point, it’s unclear whether or not Lindsay will get a second season. When the arrangement was first announced, it was widely assumed the business relationship between Lohan and Oprah Winfrey would go on indefinitely, but with ratings that aren’t exactly blowing the roof off OWN and the well-documented production problems, the future is now up in the air.

At this point, we’ll choose to take the actress at her word. So, as such, our sincerest thoughts go out to Lindsay Lohan during this time of need. Here’s to hoping she gets over this mental blow and uses it as fuel to get back on a path less fraught with uncomfortable headlines and James Franco sex acts.

Welp.

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Skippy for worst forumer 2014.

Lame chat is lame.

Sk0ppy pls

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    Skippy for worst forumer 2014.

Lame chat is lame.

Sk0ppy pls

in the past ive made great works of art

but they were pearls before eddy

so now you get a thread of otp fanfic and my dickkkkk

• Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    Aw, dammit, Retrothing is gone? Granted, it hadn't updated in a while, but neither have like a million other sites that are still with us, shambling around like the reanimated undead corpse of what they used to be.

At least PBF is back up on its own URL, so I guess the Internet balances out justice and injustice.

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod

I really do not like chiptunes at all

there are a lot of good video game tunes but it is important to remember that they are not like radio songs. they are generally meant to be in the background, setting a mood. which is great for something like tabletop gaming - it really adds to the vibe if you're playing a kung-fu game and there are bamboo flutes and gongs and shit in the background - but I don't really think of video game music as meant to be just listened to on its own all the time.

• Options
    skippy all those years ago in manila bay

you never had to steal those diamonds for me

they're just pieces of broken glass in the end

*digs heels into sand, looks away*

you had me from the start

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    this chat is offensive

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    ALSO TWIN BOYFRIENDS

The thing with calling henry cavill my boyfriend twin is that he is so attractive and it is such a flattering comparison that I cannot possibly be bothered by it no matter how insecure I am about that shit.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHYARoLPpDw

I really like this tune and I am thinking of doing a Wuxia playlist but I am not sure what else to put on it besides Jade Empire

soundtrack from Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon

yeah I really need to bite the bullet and do this and Hero and House of Flying Daggers and so forth

I just hate dealing with movie soundtracks because they aren't cut up into convenient video-gamey bits where there's, like, the fight music track, and then the romance music track, and then the chilled-out background music track. I end up having to do a lot of editing in windows movie maker.

but I think that is just kind of inevitable here because there really aren't that many chinese-themed video games outside of 3 Kingdoms/Dynasty Warriors.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhZBDNQ3gas

*chiptune robocop theme plays as shot over manila bay (current day) fades to black*

Eddy on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Such a hostile chat title. :(

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    There's a hashtag trending on Twitter at the moment.

#JacobProbablyIgnoresMeBecause

@Jacobkosh

• Options
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    I want to say there's a lot of chiptunes I do like but usually I tend to like them despite the 8-bit quality, I tend to enjoy them when I'm mentally connecting the music with other good times had with that music in the background, and most of the video game music I like most is actually SNES-era stuff

Though I guess there are certain qualities to SNES music that I just plain like so I guess I am still a disgusting, pasty, weak, pathetic, white, white... white... guilt... white guilt, milquetoast, piece of human garbage

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I'm gonna hold off on Dragonfall for a while. My habits really bit me hard playing Shadowrun, and I kinda wanna replay it, but that's probably not the best idea. I think I'll go for Alpha Protocol.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    the youtubes will continue until chu's appreciation for vidya music increases

• Options
    tumblr_n47c4dHFr01txg5sso1_1280.jpg

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    what is all this chiptunes nerd bullshit

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHYARoLPpDw

I really like this tune and I am thinking of doing a Wuxia playlist but I am not sure what else to put on it besides Jade Empire

soundtrack from Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon

yeah I really need to bite the bullet and do this and Hero and House of Flying Daggers and so forth

I just hate dealing with movie soundtracks because they aren't cut up into convenient video-gamey bits where there's, like, the fight music track, and then the romance music track, and then the chilled-out background music track. I end up having to do a lot of editing in windows movie maker.

but I think that is just kind of inevitable here because there really aren't that many chinese-themed video games outside of 3 Kingdoms/Dynasty Warriors.

Red Cliff.

• Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    So, an interesting combo has emerged for my Crusader in D3.

Picked up a shield that has 28% chance to block and has a 22% change to reduce all cooldowns by one second on a successful block.
    I'm using the taunt ability with the rune that gives you 15% chance to block for 4 seconds.
    I'm using the passive that gives you and extra 15% chance to block.
    I'm using the main attack that gives you an extra 15% chance to block and causes an explosion every time you block.

So, fully buffed and engaged, I have an 88.5% chance to block. Which means almost every time I get hit, I get a free AoE attack and every 1 in 4 blocks reduce my cooldowns. When I taunt and I'm being pounded on, shit gets crazy. The explosion is almost a constant effect. It doesn't do a lot of damage, but it's completely free and all my cooldowns disappear in just a few seconds.

I just got my Crusader to 70 last night and I'm at over 10 million toughness.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    From the 16 bit era I love me some Genesis music. Had way better audio hardware than the SNES.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60Adyn0V5SI&list=PLBE883CEF707F65F0

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    Final Fantasy music, at least up to the PSX generation, is best listened to in its original form

The "rock" versions Nobou Uematsu produces in his band The Black Mages, or worse yet, the orchestral versions, are overwrought and silly

Hearing the music as it was created for the S-SMC audio CPU or the SCPH-1001 is the optimal listening experience fyi hth ttfn god bless

*tips fedora* *strokes neckbeard* *prostrates self before chewing gum shrine of Carl Sagan*

This discussion has been closed.