As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bohemia Interactive presents DayZ 1.0 or: Wait, It's Actually Out of Early Access?

• Options
    Ash of YewAsh of Yew Registered User regular
    Yeah the prison seems like it'll be dumb for now. I think when boats and air vehicles are implemented it will be cool though. No holes is really dumb, but it sounds like one of the few places you'll actually be able to barricade effectively. If they remove the spawn from there at least.

In the mean time, no one's gonna wanna swim out there (it looks pretty fucking far, plus there's the bug where you lose your gear swimming) and anyone spawning on it is probably just gonna end up staying there and deathmatching.

At least it's not just a bunch of tents some where again though. I'm in favor of any islands!

Also, the big question about the flare gun is does it kill people.

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    It would be pretty cool if you could light zombies on fire with it

• Options
    http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/2u551t/unofficial_change_log_experimental_v053126348/

some highlights imo

-Canteen/Bottles can hold Gas
    -Trucks spawn with full gas tanks and can run people over again
    -T-shirts now only take up one inventory slot instead of two instead of 2
    -Raincoats now only take up two horizontal inventory slots instead of 4
    -Assault vests now only take up four inventory slots instead of 6
    -You can no longer put clothes with items inside them inside other clothes, same with backpacks

brooms and paddles and sweaters/new jackets as well as new raincoat colors are fun. The raincoat being changed to 2 slots is pretty awesome, you can potentially carry one around now for when it rains.

Skallisty got an overhaul too with a castle and stuff. From a video I saw it looks like the castle tower overlooks the coast soooo prepare to be sniped I guess hahaha

• Options
    Karrde1842Karrde1842 Registered User regular
    But I'm very happy with the design of the actual prison

I was afraid it was going to be some ugly blocky thing

Kinda wish though they had placed it somewhere along the eastern coast in the vicinity of Solnichny and Khrutoy Cap, there's very little of interest in that area whereas the eastern edge of the map is going to have a string of military bases (the prison, the base just north of Kamenka, Zelenogorsk, Green Mountain and then it's just a small hop to the Vybor/Kabanino base and the airfield)

Isn't Zelenogorsk on the western edge? Or am I mis-remembering?

• Options
    Don't forget that Platy is from Australia so everything is backwards and turns the other way.

• Options
    I keep mixing east and west in regard to Chernarus

It might be because inland equals "east" for me to some extent, but mainly I hope it's not a tumor

• Options
    HamuelHamuel voted most likely to clip through the ground Registered User regular
    http://imgur.com/gallery/0AaS2/new

Look at this gross suit!

• Options
    Oh yes

Looks great!

• Options
    His feet are sore even though he has gnarly shoes on.

I am impressed by that gallery and how silly it is. That guy knows how to have fun.

• Options
    HamuelHamuel voted most likely to clip through the ground Registered User regular
    It sounds a lot like they're iterating experimental a lot in the last week. I hope to see an update to stable within another week or so.

• Options
    Hopefully they patch tonight!

I'm getting a new graphics card so maybe I'll have like 2 more frames too next time I play.

• Options
    it's all about that cpu, man. I'm sure you know this already, but your gpu is almost certainly not straining to play dayz, but your cpu is bugging the fuck out, which results in low frames.

• Options
    This is true, but I think it's dependent on settings a lot too. If you set some graphics setting lower it throws it onto the cpu, but on some settings the gpu still takes priority. That was my understanding any ways.

I don't expect much difference any ways, I didn't get it for dayz but more because I got an oculus rift and have been meaning to upgrade any ways.

• Options

update to stable today

who wants to go swimming?

• Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    Post-processing effects are garbage, I didn't know how garbage until nVidia turned them off for me.

WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    When I upgraded my PC, it was the first thing I turned off

I took one look and I was sure all the blur was going to get me killed sooner or later

• Options
    Here's the changelog:
    New items:
    - Crafted Leather Jacket, Pants, Backpack, Shoes and Vest
    - Broom
    - Canoe paddle
    - Lead pipe
    - Steak knife
    - Hatchet
    - Hay Hook
    - Flanged Mace
    - Red, green, blue and gray sweater
    - Red, green, blue, yellow, violet, orange and black quilted jackets
    - Blue, red, pink and black raincoat
    - Yellow, orange, blue, green, red, pink and black armband
    - Khaki, Black, Olive and Tan M65 Jacket
    - Bayonet for AKs
    - Flare gun
    - Ice Axe
    - Field Shovel
    - Lug Wrench

New mechanics:
    - Handheld scopes not limited in Y axis.
    - You can use rope, duct tape or wire for restraining other players.
    - You can use blades, pliers, hacksaw and lock pick to untie players.
    - You can craft armbands by shredding raincoats.
    - You can use cooking tripod as melee.
    - You can attach cooking tripod on fireplace.
    - You can pour water, gasoline or disinfectant into any kind of container (except soda cans).
    - You can pour liquids from container to container.
    - You can tan skin using lime.
    - You can upgrade fireplace to furnace.
    - You can use Ice Axe for stone picking.
    - You can sew Leather Jacket, Vest, Pants, Shoes, Hat and Sack from Tanned Leather with Leather Sewing Kit.
    - Construct fireplace states by attachments.
    - Fireplace consuming fuels (heating/cooling fireplace temperature).
    - Heat transfer from heated items (you can heat items in a fireplace and then bring them with you to keep you warm).
    - You can find worms when digging garden plot.
    - Planting in garden plot is less effective in comparison to greenhouse.
    - Zucchini plant, seeds and its growing process.

New animations + audio:
    - Flare gun hand pose & reload animation
    - Water pump water pouring
    - Supersonic crack sound for weapons with supersonic ammo
    - Bullet fly wizz
    - Melee weapons sounds
    - Flare gun sounds

New locations:
    - Terra incognita
    - Castle on Skalisty island
    - Nagornoe village

Programming:
    - New version of BattleEye.
    - Antihacks.
    - Vehicle persistence.
    - The navmesh controller connected to the entity controller.
    - Adminlogs added for private shards (logs connects and disconnects of player, tracks damage dealt from player to player, logs messages sent through chat ...).

Fixed:
    - Suicide with various items
    - You can not unpin grenade laying on the ground
    - Ghillie suit painting
    - Arrow crafting no longer consumes 2 instead of 1 feather in certain circumstances
    - Deployment of ruined fishtrap
    - Cancel action during digging in greenhouse
    - Fireplace heating process tweaked
    - Effect of wetness on temperature tweaked
    - Handguard placement on AKs
    - Kitchen Knife cannot be placed on back
    - Fish trap deterioration and sardines count
    - Damaged an Ruined texture on some items (book, heatpack,...)
    - Shovel size
    - Clothing sizes tweaked
    - Heatpacks keeps you warm longer, but its longevity is affected by it's damage
    - Gun muzzle flashes

Known issues:
    - Server freezes.
    - Character falls/gets stuck after throwing melee weapon during swing/weapon change.
    - Player can't pick up items from the ground sometimes.
    - V3S can clip under ground in certain circumstances.
    - Players are experiencing desync while next to each other/ in vehicles.
    - Items with classnames that are too long aren't saved into the character database.
    - Items in backpack rearranges upon connection to server.
    - Player is stuck in building after reconnect.
    - City/Shadow related client FPS drops.
    - Camera clipping issues.

• Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular

I took one look and I was sure all the blur was going to get me killed sooner or later

I didn't even know what it did, so I never touched it.

Honestly now it actually -feels- like DayZ, which is weird but seriously what I think was lacking before.

WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    Oh lord, those known issues are doozies. I would have rather waited a week for a more stable patch to stable.

• Options
    I wonder if "vehicle persistence" actually refers to, well, vehicles being persistent in a way you'd expect

I read that they increased the number of trucks on a server to 15 and that seemed pretty high to me (considering they started out with three per server), but that could explain it

• Options
    edited February 2015
    vsove wrote: »

I didn't even know what it did, so I never touched it.

Honestly now it actually -feels- like DayZ, which is weird but seriously what I think was lacking before.

Turning off motion blur is the first thing I do in every game. So when it came to dayz I figured out right quick which one it was.

The patch looks neato but I agree some of those bugs are worrisome haha

BTW, BMRF is hosting a pirated sorta server deal, not connected to the hive. I don't really like that and don't personally want to support it. However, they've also said they'll probably host an actual server at the end of the month. Even though they've consistently shown themselves to be shit any more, it'll probably be worth trying at least. Would be really nice to have a home server in the SA.

relevant link: https://community.bmrf.me/showthread.php?14909-How-many-of-you-would-be-interested-in-an-official-SA-server

Ash of Yew on
  • Options
    As far as private shard communities go, we once played on a server belonging to this one and there was an ingame announcement that they would be switching to whitelisted servers. Don't know how great/shitty they are, though. Maybe it's worth looking around, not really a fan of BMRF anymore.

• Options
    I would love to have a home server once there's a bit more persistence in the game and stuff like trucks which can actually transport a group. I even thought about how realistic it is to rent a server and partly run it on donations (because they're still hella expensive). A couple of donations per month would probably enough but might not be realistic (and we might still have to play on other servers if ours doesn't fill up). Also, with all the hacking and cheating problems we might indeed want to move to a whitelisted community if it doesn't get much better?

• Options
    I'm not a fan of bmrf any more and I've pretty much lost all faith in them, so I'm willing to play any decent server. It's basically just a matter of convenience is why I'd be willing to give them another try.
    I don't personally want to go looking around for a good server, signing up on a bunch of white lists. But if some one finds a good one I'm all for it, and I'm willing to give those vg guys a try if that's what ya'll wanna do.

• Options
    Let's see how things are once BattleEye "adjusts"

• Options
    Wombat passed out from severe dehydration in a tiny cell on the prison island

I came to assist him and passed out right next to him because I was starving

Hammy and Bororm finally saved us by force-feeding us bananas, performing CPR and injecting some random blood Bor found in a hallway

• Options
    I think we should at least give them another shot: https://bmrf.me/article/our-official-dayz-standalone-private-shard-is-live

• Options
    Wombat passed out from severe dehydration in a tiny cell on the prison island

I came to assist him and passed out right next to him because I was starving

Hammy and Bororm finally saved us by force-feeding us bananas, performing CPR and injecting some random blood Bor found in a hallway

And now you have AIDS.

• Options
    It didn't matter because I got up and ran straight into a guy with a shotgun

Wombat later killed that guy and I don't know how he did it considering that guy holed up in a windowless room, but Wombat did it

• Options
    Wombat hacking confirmed.

• Options
    edited February 2015
    So we were dealing with some good old wall glitchers in the jail on the new prison island today. Wombat saw one for sure, and then he died a bit mysteriously to another so we figured his buddy was at it too. I guess we misjudged the guy (I didn't see him at all till I looked at the video, wombat died in the doorway I'm looking in. I started getting shot and just started spraying randomly as I got the fuck out of there):
    5vwu2b8.jpg

Good thing Ham locked the door on him when we decided to leave.

Yesterday's adventures
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPuv-bxuG24&list=UUqYMarv5MajlX-9CV6OlJxA

Ash of Yew on
  • Options
    Ash of Yew wrote: »

Good thing Ham locked the door on him when we decided to leave.
    I'm a hero. A goddamned hero.

• Options
    SamuraiGattsSamuraiGatts Bearded Bully Registered User regular
    DayZ is looking good and I think I am ready to return to the loving embrace of a zombie horde. Would you guys accept me back into the gang? I am going to be horrible.

• Options
    DayZ is looking good and I think I am ready to return to the loving embrace of a zombie horde. Would you guys accept me back into the gang? I am going to be horrible.

Who dat guy?

• Options
    You're reinstated, here's your pink armband and gun.

• Options
    SamuraiGattsSamuraiGatts Bearded Bully Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Can someone PM me the mumble info?

I'm really good at death so far. Melee is tough in the standalone and I can't seem to find loot.

SamuraiGatts on
  • Options
    Look at this gross guy

wombat.jpg~original

• Options
    BMRF pop aint too bad so far. Was like 20-30 people earlier, and about 10+ just now. Nova and I just ran around for a bit, going from mogi to balota to cherno. We only saw one guy in cherno though. Shot him once but he got away.

Oh, and persistence is on I guess because loot hasn't changed between restarts. The result is that places are quickly getting empty of loot. It's sorta a double edged dealio, because if the pop does end up fairly low then having stuff to do like messing with tents and gardens is kinda fun. But trying to find loot is sorta a pain in the ass.

• Options
    Wombat!!Wombat!! Registered User regular
    Guys I think I mighta just hit respawn instead of exit.

I'm so sad.

• Options
    NovafoxNovafox Registered User regular
    I know I'm supposed to praise the sun and all, but it seems like whatever I'm doing in DayZ, the sun finds a way to be right in my face. Is there a setting that helps with that, or is it just annoying for everyone.

steam_sig.png