As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Take your stinkin' paws off me ya damn dirty [MOVIES]

HermanoHermano Registered User regular
edited July 2014 in Social Entropy++
Cinema.jpg

Films!

Ya like apes?

Dawn-of-the-Planet-of-the-Apes.jpg

Man children?

new-22-jump-street-poster-gets-its-point-break-on-155087-a-1391020990-470-75.jpg

Emily Blunt kicking arse? (Big fan of this one)

Edge-of-Tomorrow-Poster1.jpg

Whatcha looking forward to seplusplus?

PSN- AHermano
Hermano on

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Malificent.

Only.

• Options
    The trailer for that before Godzilla sure was something

Like a weird Narnia remake

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    emily blunt, please

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Getting that Tom Cruise nonsense out of the op

All Blunt all the time

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    not to be crude

but if teenage me could see that first picture you posted with emily blunt in power armor hefting a giant sword onto her shoulder, I think my teenage dick would explode

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    good man hermano, was waiting for someone to make this, woulda done it myself but, busy

• Options
    edge-of-tomorrow-emily-blunt-636-380.jpg

Really hope this movie doesn't stink

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    If nothing else, it'll at least be a really cool looking movie.

• Options
    @FAQ did you see Frank? Looks like I've missed it in the cinema, have to wait for the dvd

Didn't seem to stay around very long

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    All You Need is Kill was a far better title than Edge of Tomorrow

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I'm looking forward to being disappointed by Jupiter Ascending.

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    All You Need is Kill was a far better title than Edge of Tomorrow

I have said it before

I want to see the people that made that decision in court

I want them to stand up in front of the world and explain why they made the worst decision they could have made

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    So they've officially made the offer to Harrison Ford to return as Deckard for the Blade Runner sequel

• Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    If he showed up again at his age it would confirm he was human

Sooooooo already not super psyched about that decision.

• Options
    Really hard to get excited by a Blade Runner sequel at this point, just wonder why they're doing it in the first place

Fingers crossed though

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    Ridley Scott swears up and down that he's a replicant, and also has suggested that he may be a Nexus-7, and "who knows how long they might live?"

• Options
    Paul Sammon, author of Future Noir: The Making of Blade Runner, has suggested in interviews that Deckard may be a Nexus-7, a next-generation replicant who possesses no superhuman strength or intelligence, but brain implants that complete the human illusion. This view is shared by Ridley Scott.[4] Sammon also suggests that Nexus-7 replicants may not have a preset lifespan (i.e., they could be immortal). If so, this may suggest that Rachael is also a Nexus-7.[5]

• Options
    i am immortal, but like most immortals i have decided to continue to physically age until i reach my sexiest possible point

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Nah.

I'm good.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Ridley Scott swears up and down that he's a replicant, and also has suggested that he may be a Nexus-7, and "who knows how long they might live?"
    Paul Sammon, author of Future Noir: The Making of Blade Runner, has suggested in interviews that Deckard may be a Nexus-7, a next-generation replicant who possesses no superhuman strength or intelligence, but brain implants that complete the human illusion. This view is shared by Ridley Scott.[4] Sammon also suggests that Nexus-7 replicants may not have a preset lifespan (i.e., they could be immortal). If so, this may suggest that Rachael is also a Nexus-7.[5]

This is fucking trash.

Fuck Ridley Scott if he wants to have his cake & eat it too.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Zonugal that is rude he could die tomorrow. Let the old man have his cake you inconsiderate monster.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Zonugal that is rude he could die tomorrow. Let the old man have his cake you inconsiderate monster.

Replace the water with cake:

olsen_aquaman_superman_dick.jpg

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    So they've officially made the offer to Harrison Ford to return as Deckard for the Blade Runner sequel

Man, with Prometheus being as dumb as it was a Ford phoning in everything he does in recent years I don't have much hope for this.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Godzilla this weekend

Days of Future Past next weekend

Maleficent the weekend after that

That's a pretty steady schedule of movies I'm looking forward to (though I really don't expect DOFP to be any good)

• Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    I don't mind another movie set in the Blade Runner universe, but connecting it to the characters just worries me.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I don't want Harrison Ford involved in anything ever again.

Even Star Wars 7, I kind of just want them to be like, "Oh yeah, Han died like 10 years ago."

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Didn't take long to get back into the ol is Deckard a replicant discussion.

Usually it takes a few pages.

• Options
    At least it's not the "is Deckard a rapist?" discussion.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Deckard is a human who could be mistaken for a replicant or a replicant who could be mistaken for a human because there's no real difference between replicants and humans beyond what society creates

that's the whole point

Solar on
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    HELP ME MOVIE THREAD, YOU'RE MY ONLY HOPE

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    HELP ME MOVIE THREAD, YOU'RE MY ONLY HOPE

SANDRA SERIOUSLY YOU ARE SOUNDING HIGH AS FUCK

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Whoops that posted and I didn't mean it to.

Okay so here's my problem.

All evening I've had this movie sound effect stuck in my head. It's like a distorted mechanical/electronic droning sound that varies up and down in frequency. It appears whenever The Fucked Up Thing is happening in the movie in question. Like a leitmotif but not at all musical. it's like a big "Holy crap" sound effect cue and I am almost positive it's a horror/suspense/supernatural film of some kind. Things it ISN'T:

Kairo
    The Dark Knight
    Inception
    The Thing
    Alien
    Eraserhead

Things I'm Pretttttty Sure It Isn't But Maybe??:
    The Shining
    Evil Dead 2

I honestly cannot pin this fucking sound down and it's driving me absolutely mental.

Because I can hear it outside right now.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    YaYa if the sound was happening outside the isolated country house you were caretaking for the weekend YOU'D BE DEDICATED TOO

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    knitdan wrote: »

Well since you brought it up...

• Options

No he's not but I can see how some people might feel that way.

• Options
    edited May 2014
    YaYa if the sound was happening outside the isolated country house you were caretaking for the weekend YOU'D BE DEDICATED TOO

@Lost Salient, have crop-circles been showing up?

Zonugal on
  • Options
    I dunno man, it's dark and I have a policy against fields.

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    Just remember Lost Salient, swing away.

Swing away.

• Options

No he's not but I can see how some people might feel that way.

What you call progress... I call the rape of the natural world.

• Options
    It's pouring rain here.

Those aliens are fucked and I don't even need to lift a finger.

RUVCwyu.jpg
This discussion has been closed.