As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PS Vita] New thread, new Soul to Sacrifice

• Options
    bssbss Brostoyevsky Madison, WIRegistered User regular
    bss wrote: »
    Lovely wrote: »
    So guys... hey. Does Akiba's Trip drain power from your Vita when it's in standby mode? 'Cause my Vita's been draining quickly (in standby) since I started playing this... Hope it's not a problem with my Vita system itself :( .

Are you going in standby from the Vita's menu or from within the game itself? You want to hit the PS button to put the game into standby then put the system into standby for maximum battery life.

Wait, is this actually a thing? I've never noticed a difference, and I still have super magic witchcraft battery life with the game still active when tapping the power button.

@Lovely --- I put my Vita to sleep while playing Akiba's Trip (in the middle of Side Streets, unsuspended, unpaused) roughly 18 hours ago and came back to it just now and the battery icon didn't move, I'm pretty sure. And that's including the trophy and save syncs and it picking up the Crunchyroll patch.

3DS: 2466-2307-8384 PSN: bssteph Steam: bsstephan Twitch: bsstephan
    Tabletop:13th Age (mm-mmm), D&D 4e
    Occasional words about games: my site
  • Options
    LCDXXLCDXX A flask of wood and glass Terre Haute, INRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    So this might be kinda silly, but I glance at the Near app from time to time on my Vita. Tonight was one such occasion, however when I opened it up it crashed and gave me a message that I have to delete all Near data before I could proceed to restart it. I homed out and tried rebooting, but alas every attempt to "save" my Near data failed and I lost everything.

With a regrettably clean slate, I kept poking around with Near and backing in and out I was able to get it to crash again. Same dilemma - I had to completely wipe my data again.

I've had the Vita just shy of a year and this has never happened before. I tried some Google searches and found some peeps on GameFAQS (shudders) that posted similar problems but that's about the extent of it.

In short: Near disappointed me tonight. I shall keep my chin up and carry on.

XBL: LCDXX | PSN: LCDXX | Steam: LCDXX
  • Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    The last Muramasa DLC will drop in North America on September 2nd.
    Aksys Games is pleased to announce the final DLC entitled “Hell’s Where the Heart Is” from the Muramasa Rebirth Genroku Legends series will spook its way to PSN℠ on September 2nd for North American fans and September 3rd for European fans on the PlayStation®Vita handheld entertainment system!

Truly, Madly in Deep…Love!

When former monk turned playboy Seikichi accidentally proposes to Rajyaki, the daughter of the Lord of Hell, he finds himself literally sucked into an adventure he never dreamed of! Already on a mission to recover the sacred treasures of the Seven Gods of Fortune that she misplaced, Rajyaki stuffs Seikichi in a magical bag and continues her mission – all while being the “bestest” fiancée she can be! Play as the formidable Rajyaki as you explore the Muramasa world, all while falling madly and deeply in love with Seikichi!

Three Powerful Forms – Naturally as the daughter of the Lord of Hell, you have some fearsome powers. In child form, Rajyaki is quick and speedy with her ax. As a woman, Rajyaki uses her powerful club to knock enemies out of her way. Finally, in demon form, Rajyaki uses her near infinite powers to destroy any enemy in her path!

Test Your Skills – Even after completing the main story, Rajyaki’s adventure continues! Face bosses and enemies from the Muramasa Rebirth storyline and test your skills against the likes of Raijin or the Dragon God!

About Genroku Legends

Genroku Legends are spin-off tales from the highly acclaimed Muramasa Rebirth game that bring four new stories to the Muramasa Rebirth universe! Starting with the furry adventure “Fishy Tales of the Nekomata” to the final DLC, “Hell’s Where the Heart Is,” Genroku Legends adds a truly unique and engaging experience for those who cannot get enough of the Muramasa universe!

After completing all four DLC, a special gift from Vanillaware, developers of Muramasa Rebirth, awaits players in the Genroku Legends main menu!

Haven’t played them before? Be sure to pick up your copy of the first DLC today!
    -Aksys Games-

A special gift from Vanillaware? I'm hoping it's a tease of their next game and not like, a shot of all the Muramasa heroes in their hot spring towels.

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Pretty even chance of it going either way, there. :)

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Expect former, hope for latter?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    About 11 hours into Akiba's Trip, just finished the cosplay segment.

I have the feeling that I'm going through this game very slowly.

• Options
    plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume it's a boss rush.

inwhich the characters fight in their hot springs attire.

3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    bssbss Brostoyevsky Madison, WIRegistered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »

You are still further than me, I've been knocked out with a bad cold and can barely focus on a game for more than a half hour without nodding off, so I haven't been playing much of it. I took a bunch of pictures of maids and Striprism ads.

3DS: 2466-2307-8384 PSN: bssteph Steam: bsstephan Twitch: bsstephan
    Tabletop:13th Age (mm-mmm), D&D 4e
    Occasional words about games: my site
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Vita arrived in mail today. I had a promotional card for a month of free PS+ sitting around from the All-Star game (a friend of mine was at some of the other events and grabbed a handful :P).

Disgaea 4 and Dragon's Crown to start things out. And P3P, once I bother downloading it. (Also FFVII-FFIX, and probably soon to include X and X-2 for good measure)

Disgaea 4 in particular seems like the perfect thing for the hour I'm on the bus each day (30 min each way).

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular

Yeah...probably, since at 22 hours I have finished 3/4ths of the achievements...which means I had gone through the game at least 3 times.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Vita arrived in mail today. I had a promotional card for a month of free PS+ sitting around from the All-Star game (a friend of mine was at some of the other events and grabbed a handful :P).

Disgaea 4 and Dragon's Crown to start things out. And P3P, once I bother downloading it. (Also FFVII-FFIX, and probably soon to include X and X-2 for good measure)

Disgaea 4 in particular seems like the perfect thing for the hour I'm on the bus each day (30 min each way).

I must be blind. I don't see Persona 4 Golden in this post.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Hey. They got themselves perfectly good games there. Maybe they're all Persona'd out and want are saving Golden for down the road.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Mainly that I have the PS2 version already (which, thanks to the wonder of game overs after a couple hours without saving... I keep burning out and putting down and still haven't finished).

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Oh, don't touch the PS2 version if you haven't played it yet. Buy Golden and dive into it instead.

• Options
    No, I was pretty close to the end. The first burnout was the bad ending.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Pick up Golden anyways.

P3? FES and P3P are both equal. P4? Golden is unequivocally a better experience. Especially if you're going to be replaying parts.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Sometimes, Freedom Wars looks very Junkyard.

• Options
    PLA wrote: »
    Sometimes, Freedom Wars looks very Junkyard.

I fail to see how that's anything but a good thing.

(For those that don't know, Digital Devil Saga reference.)

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    I've repeatedly tried to get into Monster Hunter, but it never really stuck. I wonder if Freedom Wars might be for me.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular

The weird magical thorn lasso thing seems wildly out of place in the game footage I've seen, but it looks pretty snazzy otherwise. I'm certainly considering getting it. The multiplayer is more than ad hoc, right?

• Options
    edited August 2014
    ForceVoid wrote: »
    I've repeatedly tried to get into Monster Hunter, but it never really stuck. I wonder if Freedom Wars might be for me.

Did you try with 3U? It has long ease-you-into-the-systems single player mode tutorial.
    Then once you get your bearings, you go online and play multiplayer where the greatest fun is.
    Nosf wrote: »
    The weird magical thorn lasso thing seems wildly out of place in the game footage I've seen, but it looks pretty snazzy otherwise. I'm certainly considering getting it. The multiplayer is more than ad hoc, right?

Fully online. Both PvE Co-Op and PvP.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    LovelyLovely Registered User regular
    Lovely wrote: »
    So guys... hey. Does Akiba's Trip drain power from your Vita when it's in standby mode? 'Cause my Vita's been draining quickly (in standby) since I started playing this... Hope it's not a problem with my Vita system itself :( .

Are you going in standby from the Vita's menu or from within the game itself? You want to hit the PS button to put the game into standby then put the system into standby for maximum battery life.

Wait, is this actually a thing? I've never noticed a difference, and I still have super magic witchcraft battery life with the game still active when tapping the power button.

@Lovely --- I put my Vita to sleep while playing Akiba's Trip (in the middle of Side Streets, unsuspended, unpaused) roughly 18 hours ago and came back to it just now and the battery icon didn't move, I'm pretty sure. And that's including the trophy and save syncs and it picking up the Crunchyroll patch.

Noooooooooooo D: .

On the other hand, I put my Vita on airplane mode and then put it on standby and the battery didn't seem to have drained at all since yesterday. So uh. Weird. Maybe I was just downloading to many updates or something without having my vita plugged in or something?

sig.gif
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    How long do you have to play in Sword Art Online until you reach the ad hoc co op?

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    As soon as you get to the 'control room' you can open the menu to get to MP. Thats the room where you can teleport to different parts of the Hollow area with Philia. I don't think it's that long, I kind of screwed around a bunch so maybe an hour but probably a lot less?

• Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    I feel like I'm missing something. In Akiba's Trip I cannot find the side mission people for forth life of me. I'm trying to do the Otaku Before and After. It says he's in the Plaza, and I'm there but there's no one to interact with?

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Elin wrote: »
    I feel like I'm missing something. In Akiba's Trip I cannot find the side mission people for forth life of me. I'm trying to do the Otaku Before and After. It says he's in the Plaza, and I'm there but there's no one to interact with?

If it's still in the red side quest menu, you need to accept it so that it now appears in your quest tracker. Other than that, give the game a minute to populate the area. Sometimes people won't show up for a little bit after loading in.

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    ForceVoid wrote: »

MH is a hard series to get in. It took me...10 years?...or however long it has been since MH1. It FINALLY clicked after my THIRD attempt to play MH3 on the Wii.
    2. I don't know why I kept trying, I just knew there was something about the game that I wanted to click with. And now it's one of my favorite games ever, certainly my favorite game to coop. It's just SO satisfying.

I could (and have before) write 10 pages on the glory of MH, but all I'll say is if you have a WiiU and MH3U (or a copy to borrow even), I'd be glad to fire it up with you sometime and try to show the ropes and maybe explain some of it to see if it will click for you as well. There's a lot of moving parts to the game and it takes a while to really get an idea of how they all work together.

Back on topic, I too am hoping Freedom Wars turns out to be awesome.

vamen on
  • Options
    Hm. I think this latest trailer just sold me on Natural Doctrine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fttzT48-Uro

• Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    I too got a vita this week! I've got Tearaway, Persona 3 Portable, Rogue Legacy and this month's PS+ games. So far I think Tearaway might be the most charming thing I've ever played. Just absolutely fun and adorable. The camera controls can be a little wonky, but I'll forgive it because again it's so charming! I never played Rogue Legacy on PC, and am really liking it as well. I can see myself getting addicted to this very quickly. P3P is what I've sunk most of my time into though. It's great, and I love it. I almost picked up Persona 4 Golden, but thought I should play through 3 first as I imagine there are some quality of life improvements in 4 that it's better for me to not know about. I really like the system so far. Let's be PSN Friends! My tag is Nikopernicus.

• Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    Elin wrote: »

If it's still in the red side quest menu, you need to accept it so that it now appears in your quest tracker. Other than that, give the game a minute to populate the area. Sometimes people won't show up for a little bit after loading in.

Yeah, I walked around for a good ten-fifteen minutes between the High Level Cosplayer quest. The marker is in Electric Town Plaza, but the quest text said she'd made it all the way to the ElectricTown Exit. She never loaded up for some reason until one time she was just bam, right there in plain view in the Plaza. So, yeah, just explore, wait a few minutes and then explore again.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Pick up Golden anyways.

P3? FES and P3P are both equal. P4? Golden is unequivocally a better experience. Especially if you're going to be replaying parts.

I kept hearing P4G was great. I picked it up on the cheap, and I fucking hated it.

So @Polarite send me a PM with your address and you can have it.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    You mean pressing a single button for 2 hours wasn't what you wanted?

We should make a club.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Chance wrote: »

This looks amazing.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Professor FuzzlesProfessor Fuzzles Not a furry, just sayin' FuzztopiaRegistered User regular
    Chance wrote: »

Now this, this is what I have been waiting for. That item screen, yup thats a must have for me.

• Options
    Yeah, Natural Doctrine looks really good.

• Options
    Yeah, Natural Doctrine looks really good.

Between the bleh graphics (on the PS3/PS4 version) and reports of it being insanely hard, I was pretty turned off. If it's hard in an X-COM way, I'm good. I'm in.

• Options
    PewnyPewny Registered User regular
    Well, I just jumped on the Soul Sacrifice Delta train. I like it, but I feel I need a wiki to figure out all the stuff and how to level effectively. Had to come out of lurk mode to tell everybody. Hi.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    You know you've played too much Rogue Legacy when:

You beat the entire castle including the final boss, on NG+7 with one character and one uninterrupted run, a traitor with vertigo.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    I'll wait for reviews on Natural Doctrine. I don't mind Dark Souls difficulty, as long as it's fair like Dark Souls.

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Pewny wrote: »
    Well, I just jumped on the Soul Sacrifice Delta train. I like it, but I feel I need a wiki to figure out all the stuff and how to level effectively. Had to come out of lurk mode to tell everybody. Hi.
    Let us know if you need anything explained. I've logged something like 200 hours on the Soul Sacrifice franchise.

8i1dt37buh2m.png