As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Tokusatsu] Invisible Ghosts & Colorfuly Loud Ninjas (Kamen Rider Gemn Sequel!)

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    so we know zyuoh bird's name now
    it's bud

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    so we know zyuoh bird's name now
    it's bud

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    that name is perfect in every way and I love it

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    August's scans are coming in as WLV's post about Zyuoh-Bird's name indicated, the ones in the box being about Ex-Aid with translation thanks to the guy behind The Ghouly News tumblr.
    UAVitmE.jpg

Here's a shot of Ex-Aid's Lv1. It turns out it borrows a bit from both Kabuto and Wizard in that it has a purpose instead of being an incomplete form for the Rider. Ex-Aid uses it to help separate the Bugsters' viruses from humans they've bonded with.

6EaVQAW.jpg

The Gamer Driver itself borrows some from the Fourze and Double Drivers. To go Lv2, Ex-Aid pulls back on a lever, exposing a readout of himself set in the middle of the Driver. And to activate his finishing move, he has to put one of the Gasshats into a side-slot named the Score Skill.

n0XVFF9.jpg

Once the virus is out of a human host, it changes into a Bugster which makes it time for Lv2.

5GVP29i.jpg

To assist with his virus and Bugster exterminations, Ex-Aid has the use of his Gashacon weapon, the Gashacon Breaker. It changes from hammer to sword with a press of the A button while the B button unleashes a special attack. The Breaker also has a Gasshat slot for it's own finishing move.

uJGyJde.jpg

Of course, Ex-Aid has his Rider Kick to fall back upon when not using the Breaker's finisher. Appropriately, it's called the Critical Strike.

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Are we cycling back around to this era of toku?

Edit: No idea why it kept making the picture tiny, here.

Edit: No, fuck you picture, I'm making this reference!

8698dudhwvl2.jpg

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Norgoth wrote: »
    Gatsby wrote: »
    I saw this pin, blinked, and now my bank account has $20 less in it.

ayr4DOR.jpg

Where did you get this and please god tell me they do some of the monsters.

I got it from here. Sadly, no monsters :(

However I also just bought this for way cheaper and I'm super excited to get it:

kamen_rider_club_bk_mini_button.jpg?height=460&width=460&qv=90

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Finished Dairanger last night

Dairanger is surprisingly good for such an old show. Definitely some questionable stuff, but I like all the rangers, there were a lot of plots weaving in and out (Daigo/Kujaku <3), and there were a bunch of twists at the end that recontextualized a lot of previous stuff, though I'm not sure how the final twist is at all possible

Think I'm on to Drive next

• Options
    Dairanger is Star Wars as Hell

• Options
    edited July 2016
    The ExAid countdown site updated, not much new yet but we have official staff reveals!

Shojiro Nakazawa (Wizard and a bunch of Sentai) will direct and the head writer is Yuuya Takahashi, who has written the newest excellent Lupin show amongst other things
    Producer is Ohmori (Drive, Kyoryuger)

WeedLordVegeta on
  • Options
  • Options
    Ghost is going to 50 episodes, with 49 and 50 probably being used to introduce ExAid on TV (after his debut in the upcoming summer movie)

• Options
    looks like zyuohger is finally going to start ripping off the band-aid on talking about yamato's parents

and ghost cemented that the sage is the worst character in all of fiction

• Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    Eh, i think he's fine

I don't know why they decided to hold off on confirming his deal, but we basically know it all at this point and it makes sense

• Options
    look all I'm saying is that when basically the whole cast started yelling at him I was right there with them

• Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    Oh he's a dick

But he's fun to have around

• Options
    I'm at least very glad that

Ghost episode 42 spoilers
    Takeru doesn't try and chastise the others for being angry at the sage over their concern for him and how he's been manipulated as hell by the sage. It was a light, but still nice to see, lesson about how even emotions like rage are valid and warranted, and that they usually come from a place of sincerity a lot of the time.

• Options
    I also really like
    the reveal that he's been winging it since day 99

The eccentric all powerful sage who then has to go "Oh shit, i have no idea what's going on anymore" is a neat little thing

• Options
    edited August 2016
    it definitely would have been interesting and fun had we known about it at the time!

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    I also really like

The eccentric all powerful sage who then has to go "Oh shit, i have no idea what's going on anymore" is a neat little thing
    It also explains his anger at Takeru getting Ryu as the Boost Eyecon a little more. "Holy crap, why would you two do something like this?! I don't know how to fix this!"

On the movie mini-sodes we've been seeing by the way...
    ...it's looks like that Takeru's body will most likely be part of Extremer. Which means taking him out will leave Takeru even more boned then before if they can't get the Ganmaizers out of the way and speak to the Great Eye before the second set of 99 days are up.

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Unrelated to the current conversation: Any of you nerds going to PMC next weekend?

• Options
    Owenashi wrote: »
    I also really like

It also explains his anger at Takeru getting Ryu as the Boost Eyecon a little more. "Holy crap, why would you two do something like this?! I don't know how to fix this!"

On the movie mini-sodes we've been seeing by the way...
    ...it's looks like that Takeru's body will most likely be part of Extremer. Which means taking him out will leave Takeru even more boned then before if they can't get the Ganmaizers out of the way and speak to the Great Eye before the second set of 99 days are up.

Major Spoilers for episodes 49 and 50 of ghost
    a scan of some exaid stuff talked about his crossover with ghost

Takeru gets his body back

• Options
    InxInx Registered User regular
  • Options
    I think that actually turned out to be fake

• Options
    Or at least reported by unreliable sources yeah

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »
    Unrelated to the current conversation: Any of you nerds going to PMC next weekend?

We just had a guest who is going and I hope to get his impressions but sadly I won't make it this year

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    edited August 2016
  • Options
    I've been watching Drive

Drive is pretty good!

Is it weird that my favorite part is Tomari/Kiriko? Like I want them to make out and get married already. I'm not usually much of a shipper

Watched the Drive/Gaim movie again, reminded me how much I love Gaim

Hope Ex-Aid's multi-Rider dynamic is as interesting

• Options
    So far Drive has the only (explicit) romance plot i've given a shit about in Kamen Rider

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    So I may have purchased the Plesio Charge Megazord.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    I think I lucked out and got a Legacy Collection 6.5" Green Ranger at Target. Didn't even know it was a thing, but the line is brand new I guess?

I've had my eye on some SH Figuarts for a while to see of the price would drop, but this is a nice substitute.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • Options
    So far Drive has the only (explicit) romance plot i've given a shit about in Kamen Rider

What about Eiji/Ankh

• Options
    That's a difficult case to gauge on the explicit/implied scale

I mean yeah, of course

But i never underestimate how much some writers are unaware of what they imply

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Gatsby wrote: »

What about Eiji/Ankh

What about Bravo/Zangetsu

• Options
    Kanon/Alain is kinda cute but you know that they're never actually going to do anything with it

I would die if Akari/Onari happened though

In a good way. My life would be complete

• Options
    kanon/alain isn't a thing because kanon isn't a character

• Options
    Hey it's real dumb that Kiriko isn't a Rider

• Options
    Jimothy wrote: »
    Hey it's real dumb that Kiriko isn't a Rider

it has to happen in one of the v-cinemas, right?

like, it has to

This discussion has been closed.