Options

[Tokusatsu] Invisible Ghosts & Colorfuly Loud Ninjas (Kamen Rider Gemn Sequel!)

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Also here is a possible leaked summary:
    hero is emu, computer programmer who creates the bugsters to help with...games I guess??? They go nuts so he designs the gashats to fight them

They call him father

• Options
  • Options
    InxInx Registered User regular
    The last time I had such a strong visceral reaction against a suit, we got Fourze.

So I'm actually pretty hyped.

• Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Rollin' around at the speed of HENSHIN~

masterofmetroid on
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    The more I see of ExAid the more I'm getting surprisingly excited, holy crap.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Here's some toy-catalog scans, translations scored courtesy of Heroshock.
    osNFgN2.jpg

Ex-Aid transforms using the Gamer Driver and his series' transformation-trinkets, the Gashat (or Gasshat), game cartridges with handles. Inserting one (Mighty Action in Ex-Aid's case) into the Driver will give access to the chibi-esque Lv1 form which is somewhat unclear as to it's purpose other then an incomplete form. Lv2 is the actual fighting form for Ex-Aid and other users of the Gamer Driver. The Driver's capable of slotting a second Gashat however, allowing for something that seems akin to Drive's Tire-Changes or Gaim's Arms-swaps in which armor-pieces are fitted over the Rider. The pieces can come together to form (with one exception) a robot though if that's how they appear when summoned or it's just a way for the armor to double as the show's gadget-bots is unknown. Ex-Aid's Lv3 Gashat is called Gekitotsu Robots.

JfvfQSN.jpg

As seen in posts above this one, we're getting multiple Riders early on in the show. The first two shown under Ex-Aid are Brave (RPG games) and Snipe (shooter games). Below them is Racer (whose gaming-theme should be obvious), a Rider who seems to either be an artificial being like Drive's Chase or someone who has an unfortunate Lv2 form. The final Rider is known as Genm, someone who looks to be Ex-Aid's direct rival or evil/dark counterpart as he not only shares a similar head-piece but he uses the Proto Mighty Action Gashat to transform. Curiously, he's the exception when it comes to the Lv3 Armor as it comes together as a bicycle rather then a robot like the others. Also, as you can tell, the first four Riders share a Gashat for a Lv4 form, Drago Knight Hunter. It's unknown if this is a single Gashat or if there's multiple copies.

1Pdos2J.jpg

The five Riders will use personal weapons all under the same brand name called Gashacons. These seem to all accept a Gashat for final attacks. Ex-Aid's the Gashacon Breaker, a mallet (perhaps based on Whack-A-Mole and related arcade games) that can extend a blade.

9zgMQOI.jpg

Brave's Gashacon is the Gashacon Sword, capable of switching between fire and ice attacks and possibly being able to fling them Legend-Of-Zelda style. Snipe's is the Gashacon Magnum, a handgun that can extend into a rifle. Racer's the Gashacon Sparrow, a bow that can become a scythe (or possibly scythes).

NUnyk2u.jpg

Finally, Genm's is the Gashapon Bugvisor. It's not exactly clear but it appears to be a twin-barrel blaster/chainsaw.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    Wow was i not far off with the Sonic the Hedgehog comparison

They are going for a very specific era of 90's video game aesthetic

• Options
    Owenashi wrote: »

Finally, Genm's is the Gashapon Bugvisor. It's not exactly clear but it appears to be a twin-barrel blaster/chainsaw.

This is one hell of a fucking sentence.

• Options
    mrmrmrmr nameless protagonist Registered User regular
    Good god if the villains have designs half this crazy/awesome I will be so happy.

Practice Round, my blog where I talk (mostly) about comics.
    p4.png
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    I love how colorful everything is. Really jumps out at you

And as a Gaim lover, multi rider is the way to go

But please give us more/more prominent female riders

I mean geez

• Options
    Heroshock translated a summary attached to the toy catalog which seems to validate the story that WLV posted at the top of the page.
    « 2016. Unknown monsters called « Bugster » start invading our world by infecting humans through computer game viruses. Em, computer genius and great video game player creates the Gamer Driver and the Gashat to become Kamen Rider Ex-Aid and counter the threat. But is Em really not aware of the Bugster’s creation ? Why are they calling him « Father » ? Let the games begin ! »

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Eh, I'll have to just give the show a watch, but I'm not a big fan of those designs

They should have got rid of that dumb belt, and instead of having a gamepad on their chest, make THAT the belt instead, and do something like Faiz where they pull the gamepad off, put in a button combo, snap the pad back onto the belt and hit start to do cool shit

Also I don't like when helmets are supposed to look like they have hair

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    I'm fairly new to the whole kamen rider thing but to me incredibly stupid belts are part of the appeal

• Options
    Gotta hear it talk before i make my final judgement

Right now all i know is it looks like a prize you got from winning third place in Double Dare and that is not a criticism

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I just watched the first act of one of the Sailor Moon musicals.

A comet got a solo.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    tm400zvc0r91.jpg

You're not even wrong.
    The bad guys tricked them into going on a cruise to an evil island by telling them it was filled with jewelry. Which they are apparently just going to fucking steal, because they are talking about bringing bags to scoop the gems into. Then they launched into a song about how much they fucking love jewelry. The best part is where they have like two lines wondering if jewels are really so important, compared to friends or romance. But then one points out that you give rings when you get married and stuff like that, which is more than enough to convince all of them that gems are fucking great and lets sing about our birthstones and what they mean about us.

Also civilian non-school uniform Jupiter is wearing a shirt with Cher's face on it and it's causing me to lose my mind.

Edit: Actually, maybe that says Grace? Grace...Jones maybe?

ug6omzsisn52.jpg

Also on display are the horrible wigs and the 'you need to immediately know this is a sailor because he has no lines' costume there.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Alright, the Dino Supercharge DVDs are finally being released! I do want to wait until they're all out though, which will probably be in a few months.

Do we know when we can expect more Ninja Steel news?

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    speaking of PR, I keep thinking about how hard it would be to adapt Zyuohger, because it feels like the characters are constantly fighting out of their uniforms

this is my first sentai, though, so I don't know if it's actually out of the ordinary or not

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Is that... an Onari eyecon?

• Options
    sg42fZw.jpg

Sooo I guess this is the closest we'll get to a helmets-off scene?

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I didn't know there were five Guyvers

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    I love their burgers.

• Options
    vbT2YDj.jpg

Say hello to the new Power Coins.

• Options
    I get what it's going for

They better like, crackle with friendship energy and get all shiny again though

• Options
    And take a closer look at Rita's staff too.

• Options
    It appears to have a green version of those Power Coins

And she's green

So Rita Repulsa is now the Green Ranger? What are they doing with this movie

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    That's been the running theory basically since Rita's outfit was first shown. It's pretty clearly a torn apart and damaged battle armour outfit, and looks more or less like the ranger outfits themselves just green with gold highlights instead, and hey guess what gold highlights is the green ranger's thing.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    I think it's gonna turn out that Rita was the green Ranger back in the day, but rebelled or something. End of the movie is the Rangers recovering the green coin from her staff, or perhaps her getting away and removing it on her own like "time for me to give this to someone...."

• Options
    Zyuohger's new ending song is great. I just wish it had the bird's human form dancing too.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Zyuohger's new ending song is great. I just wish it had the bird's human form dancing too.

Well now I have to learn new lyrics and dance moves (since I had already learnt the previous dance and song)

• Options

holy shit, this performance of the zyuohger ending for some kids has a sick as hell twist

• Options
    There is one kid in the audience with a sweet Alain cosplay and he must've been stoked as hell.

• Options
    I saw this pin, blinked, and now my bank account has $20 less in it.

ayr4DOR.jpg

• Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Gatsby wrote: »
    I saw this pin, blinked, and now my bank account has $20 less in it.

ayr4DOR.jpg

Where did you get this and please god tell me they do some of the monsters.

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    watching Orb episode 3

"I was still fixing that! What kind of skill did you use to make it worse?"

This discussion has been closed.