As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Today was a [chat] day / Iron [chat]

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I got the giggles at the end of passion of the Christ

cause each of the gospels have jesus saying something very different as he dies

so in the movie he has to keep flopping about until he's got through each different version so no one has to think about how silly the idea of divine scripture is

I like to think of it as The Passion of the Christ: The Sands of Time. He messes up the line so he tries again and again.

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    u no nothing jon snow

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Luke 23:46

And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, she got a big booty so I call her Big Booty: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    actually now that I think of it there are 3 different versions of how Jesus died not 4

Matthew draws on Mark for the description of his death so they are the same. Though in Matthew then all kinds extra stuff happens what with people rising from the dead and tombs opening themselves.

edit: and really the version that Mark and Matthew share is the best one. It is a quote of one of the better psalms and the Greek text actually includes the Hebrew then explains it in greek: "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

actually rather sympathetic there

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    LiNCH9q.gif

dammit

i'm just

gonna read achewood again, the next big day off i have with nothing to do

You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I just realized that all the characters in Chasing Amy are douchebags that deserve each other.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Gim wrote: »

You just know when he got put back he was all "omg you guys you don even know!"

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Even Amy?

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    knitdan wrote: »
    Even Amy?

Yes even Amy.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Okay I'm totally still working and getting really far, but I wanted to let you know that I just introduced my artist to the concept of guacamole and taught him how to make it.

I have done much good today. Much good.

• Options
    That poor, poor man.

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    big deal

i've had sex with waaaay more than 100 different guinea pigs

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Lottie noooooooo :(

• Options
    Winky wrote: »
    Okay I'm totally still working and getting really far, but I wanted to let you know that I just introduced my artist to the concept of guacamole and taught him how to make it.

stove_ownership.png

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    There's this dude called Jack Van Impe on late night TV who reads the daily news and ties it all into Christian apocalyptic mythology.

It is gloriously nuts.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular

it was inevitable!

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    edited June 2014

stove_ownership.png

I predict rather that he will make guacamole until he has made more than he can consume and then it grows mold in the fridge and puts him off guacamole for the next five years

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    ronya wrote: »

it was inevitable!

It has me all riled up against Miss Fronch though. As Bogart predicted.

• Options
    And I know her name is Camille, but I like saying Miss Fronch.

• Options
    there is this Jewish apocalyptic book called Jubilees which was preserved in the Ethiopian church and also turned up among the dead sea scrolls (since it didn't make it into the canon of later Judaism or Christianity) which is a really interesting read. pretty trippy stuff. in content it covers the creation and summary of what happened from the beginning of the world down to moses.

it was read and mentioned by early Christians but ended up getting suppressed and wiped out in the purges of the 4th century once Christianity became the religion of Empire

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    i need to not sleep in super late tomorrow

but i ain't tired

hrmmm i still have the slight remains of a summer cold / sinus infection / bronchitis

maybe i'll take a ton of nyquil

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

Was he raised by wolves?

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    there is this Jewish apocalyptic book called Jubilees which was preserved in the Ethiopian church and also turned up among the dead sea scrolls (since it didn't make it into the canon of later Judaism or Christianity) which is a really interesting read. pretty trippy stuff. in content it covers the creation and summary of what happened from the beginning of the world down to moses.

it was read and mentioned by early Christians but ended up getting suppressed and wiped out in the purges of the 4th century once Christianity became the religion of Empire

When a game goes mainstream and becomes commercially successful, canon is often purged. Way of the world, bra

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    Aint nothin' like a bit o' moldy 'molé

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    There's this dude called Jack Van Impe on late night TV who reads the daily news and ties it all into Christian apocalyptic mythology.

It is gloriously nuts.

People who just can't wait for the apocalypse frighten me.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    i dropped another 1.5kg this week

means I am roughly 9kg down since the end of March

I am ok with this

• Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

It is gloriously nuts.

I could sympathise with someone believing or hoping for such if they love in terrible times but not so much in modern America

• Options
    Kalkino wrote: »

It is gloriously nuts.

I could sympathise with someone believing or hoping for such if they love in terrible times but not so much in modern America

There have been numbers of people here in America, more than I care to imagine, who have been chomping at the bit for the biblical apocalypse to occur for decades. I mean, there's been people who have believed it would occur during their lifetime since the concept was thought up, but when you get politicians talking about it, I mean... they don't give a fuck about future generations because they think this is it??

• Options

It is gloriously nuts.

There have been numbers of people here in America, more than I care to imagine, who have been chomping at the bit for the biblical apocalypse to occur for decades. I mean, there's been people who have believed it would occur during their lifetime since the concept was thought up, but when you get politicians talking about it, I mean... they don't give a fuck about future generations because they think this is it??

Back when I still went to church I used to hear people talking about how environmentalism was a waste of time because surely the Rapture will occur in our lifetime and the world will be awful after that anyway.

• Options
    "Fuck y'all 'cause we're goin' to Heav'n soon an'way! An' if'n you ain't goin' t' Heav'n, th'n I ain't give a fuck 'bout ya!"

Exactly this kind of attitude.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

It is gloriously nuts.

Back when I still went to church I used to hear people talking about how environmentalism was a waste of time because surely the Rapture will occur in our lifetime and the world will be awful after that anyway.
    This is the same reason why I very rarely clean my oven.

• Options
    I feel slightly glad my church going was reasonably sane. I don't think they liked being too political in the mainstream churches then or maybe now.

• Options
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

It is gloriously nuts.

This is the same reason why I very rarely clean my oven.

Surely you jest

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    I do not feel right today

Possibly because it is the first weekday morning in a while where I have slept properly

Is everybody not posting because it's page 99 or what

• Options
    japan wrote: »
    I do not feel right today

Possibly because it is the first weekday morning in a while where I have slept properly

Is everybody not posting because it's page 99 or what

We are all mulling over this story
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-27720617

Were we intelligently designed to be boxers? Did God the Designer love Fight Night?

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Home of the future

http://imgur.com/a/Jb6jW

• Options
    Home of the future

That system looks rugged

• Options
    Home of the future

That looks like Fallout

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    stupid rain

now i can't run

:(

• Options
    You won't melt.

This discussion has been closed.