As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

2014 gets worse and worse

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I like "Hail Hydra?" because I always imagine it said gently by one Hydra Agent to another in their moment of crisis

like, "don't worry man, I'm you friend, I'm here for you. Hail Hydra?"

Kind of like the secret world spanning conspiracy version of asking someone if they want a cup of tea

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Hail hydra for me is the Bro? Bro fist and hugs? but at times I am kind of confused why I got it

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Stale wrote: »
    NeoToma wrote: »
    Calica wrote: »
    The parallel conversations about fast food and gruesome death sure have made for some interesting reading these past couple of pages.

This place is really surreal sometimes.

Well see once a person dies you need to cook them up pretty quick or they'll rot at a surprisingly fast pace.

The smell of human fat burning is really fucking terrible.

You wouldn't expect such a vast difference between body temp and rendered temp, but Jesus it's like hot garbage and evil.

Like it actually smells wrong. Its really weird and hard to describe but if I never have to smell it again I'll be really ok

I remember time to time and wish I really had not
    It's one of those memories I wish would go away
    But it was really trippy at the time and very surreal.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I've got that left-over nyquil grogginess this morning I need a coffee enema or something

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Solar wrote: »
    I like "Hail Hydra?" because I always imagine it said gently by one Hydra Agent to another in their moment of crisis

like, "don't worry man, I'm you friend, I'm here for you. Hail Hydra?"

Kind of like the secret world spanning conspiracy version of asking someone if they want a cup of tea

Kind of like "consolation 5"

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    Artreus wrote: »
    This forum really needs a button that is more overtly supportive than "hail hydra?"

a hug button would be nice

Wait, Hail Hydra? is the supportive one?

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Fire Truck wrote: »
    This forum really needs a button that is more overtly supportive than "hail hydra?"

I use it two ways just like "bro?"
    Two contradictory ways....

- supportive
    - wtf?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Hail Hydra? is supportive

Hail Hydra! is triumphant

Also it shows the correct level of devotion to Hydra!

• Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    "Walk it off" for next new button

• Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    That or "Oi!"

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    "Walk it off" for next new button

with a picture of stale looking disappointed in you as the button

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    2014 actually seems to be getting better and better for me personally as long as you take account of my situation now vs what my situation was 3 months ago.

From literally sleeping on the street to now living in an apartment.

Still, things kind of suck right now because of my shithead ex roommate filching our rent money order. I've been off my testosterone blocker for over two (almost 3) weeks now and it's driving me up a fucking wall.

Maybe I should see about selling my ps vita.

• Options
    Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    We are changing the locks in a day or two to keep out a literally crazy ex-roommate who seems to be broaching violence :/

On the plus side I have tits now

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular

There is!

It's 'Hail Hydra!'

• Options
    We are changing the locks in a day or two to keep out a literally crazy ex-roommate who seems to be broaching violence :/

On the plus side I have tits now

My crazy ex roommate also accused one of my mom's friends of attempted murder and also solicited my aunt for oral sex (the offer was fifty dollars) and apparently has also threatened violence.

re tits though? Yaaaay~! <3

• Options
    I always see hail hydra? as sort of an "Are you alright...?"/"What the shit are you talking about" button

And hail hydra! as a button of enthusiastic agreement

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    It's either a showing of support or a "you should have thought harder about this post" button

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I always see hail hydra? as sort of an "Are you alright...?"/"What the shit are you talking about" button

And hail hydra! as a button of enthusiastic agreement

I see it as a joke, cause that's what it is.

I mostly just use it when I want to react to something but just feel like interchanting it with one of the others

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    I use both Hydra Hails as catch alls, including awesome and agree. Sometimes it just means 'I am reacting to this post, even if I don't know what exact reaction that is myself'.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    I admit, if someone's thinking up a fascist's plot, I'll throw out a Hail Hydra!

Only a hypothetical plot. Once you secure funding and supplies I'm going full Hail Hydra?

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    caligynefobcaligynefob DKRegistered User regular
    I just watched Lone Survivor and now I'm having all the flashbacks. Even though I go through extended periods of time without giving much thought to my experiences in Afghanistan, sometimes it's good to remember, you know.
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Stale wrote: »
    NeoToma wrote: »
    Calica wrote: »
    The parallel conversations about fast food and gruesome death sure have made for some interesting reading these past couple of pages.

This place is really surreal sometimes.

Well see once a person dies you need to cook them up pretty quick or they'll rot at a surprisingly fast pace.

The smell of human fat burning is really fucking terrible.

You wouldn't expect such a vast difference between body temp and rendered temp, but Jesus it's like hot garbage and evil.

Like it actually smells wrong. Its really weird and hard to describe but if I never have to smell it again I'll be really ok

I remember time to time and wish I really had not
    It's one of those memories I wish would go away
    But it was really trippy at the time and very surreal.

I just watched Lone Survivor and now I'm having all the flashbacks. Even though I go through extended periods of time without giving much thought to my experiences in Afghanistan sometimes it's good to remember, you know.

PS4 - Mrfuzzyhat
  • Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    @caligynefob‌ I seriously empathize. I spent last night having flashbacks for no apparent reason. Not to a war, just my own personal bullshit. But I still am with you, and support you.

• Options
    Geth I don't need your lip right now

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2014
    Geth, get lippy

zerzhul on
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Would you like to know more?

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    I'm doing my part.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    caligynefobcaligynefob DKRegistered User regular
    Honestly, the bad experiences have shaped me more into the man I am today than the good have.
    I been blown up, shot, been in a coma, learnt how to walk again and I'm still here and doing better than ever.

The bad shit is there and you can't take it away or escape it, so sometimes you got to remember and then keep on fighting.

PS4 - Mrfuzzyhat
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Geth wrote: »

@Geth As a matter of fact, I would

• Options
    Honestly, the bad experiences have shaped me more into the man I am today than the good have.
    I been blown up, shot, been in a coma, learnt how to walk again and I'm still here and doing better than ever.

The bad shit is there and you can't take it away or escape it, so sometimes you got to remember and then keep on fighting.

I definitely feel shaped by my experiences... and maybe for the better? I learned things about myself, but does that mean I have to be happy about it?

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    chromdom wrote: »
    Geth wrote: »

@Geth As a matter of fact, I would
    Tell me more, tell me more, was it love at first sight?

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    :\

chromdom on
  • Options
    I certainly feel shaped by my experiences. I just need to let go of some baggage and stop being such a pussy and things will work out better.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    The hail hydra joke is really old now, it should get changed to something different

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Someone's looking for a free trip to re-education camp!

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Don't worry, Guardians of the Galaxy comes out next week and I'm sure it'll have a dumb catchphrase as well.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I AM GROOT!

Man of the Waves on
  • Options
    I would do anything for some pizza right now.

But I can't afford any. This whole year is a wash.

• Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    knitdan wrote: »
    Don't worry, Guardians of the Galaxy comes out next week and I'm sure it'll have a dumb catchphrase as well.

First button: Chris Evans' Abs!
    Second button: Chris Pratt's Abs!

See normally Evans would be a shoo in, but for some godawful bullsuit reason he kept his shirt on the entire duration of Winter Soldier.

So it's anyone's game.

Narbus on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I would do anything for some pizza right now.

But I can't afford any. This whole year is a wash.

Random Acts Of Pizza?

• Options
    I've had bad luck with them.

This discussion has been closed.