As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

GIANT BOMB 3D: ODDS ARE WE'RE GONNA BE ALRIGHT

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    darunia106 wrote: »
    Just finished the podcast.

I don't think Brad will be allowed to pick e-mails anymore.
    goblins72 asked:
    Jeff, can you please take away Brad's email selection privileges? Please Jeff. Jeff, please.

Never. Never!

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Also from Jeff's blog which is kind of interesting
    Anonymous asked:
    So I'm looking to take the proverbial bull by the horns in getting out of tech support and back into production work by doing some freelance work. However, I've been out of the technical loop for so long that the range of recording formats and media types on B&H boggles the mind. What sort of cameras, cable, switchers, etc are used in the Giant Bomb studio(s)? Does good ol' BNC still do the trick? And can I get financing with the VinnCo Company Store?

vincentcaravella:
    In SF we built the studio around a Tricaster for switching and AF100s for cameras. Everything is pretty much converted to SDI (with bnc connectors) either on its way in or out. There’s a lot of converting HDMI to SDI. Audio all runs to an audio mixer before being embedded into the Tricaster feed. We record locally in H.264 and ProRes (2 of each for redundancy.) Cost for that initial setup without the frills is probably around 80K (with lights and mics.)

For NY I’ve been building a solution that is closer to 10-12K. It involves a BlackMagic ATEM switcher, BlackMagic Studio Cam, and a Behringer digital mixer. Still need a laptop for streaming, mics, and archive solutions in there, though. Luckily, there are plenty of lights and sound proofing already.

This will be about the 5th time I’ve had the chance to outfit a studio, so it’s interesting to see how the tech and our needs change each time.

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    It must be fantastic that all the capture needs for this gen are HDMI. I'm still amazed that we went from one plug to three plugs to five plugs to just one.

No I don't.
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I bought Dynasty Warriors 8 for the PS4 because I found it relatively cheap

This will be my first DW game since the PS2 launch

Here's hoping I dig it!

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I slept til noon today for the first time in at least 5 years

I both recommend it and don't recommend it

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    @Screech of the Farg
    Did you watch this C9 VG game. Great Meepo game.

iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    @Screech of the Farg
    Did you watch this C9 VG game. Great Meepo game.

iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    i did. it was fucking nuts, always bet on meepo.

the way cloud9 turned VG taking a set of rax into VG's ENTIRE base was incredible

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Man I was excited to see Techies in the allstars game.

Except they gave him to the only player who had never played dota 1

I was pretty sad.

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    c9 actually gave up barracks for a better position in a teamfight and it paid off huge, amazing

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    my least favorite thing about hearthstone is that my favorite deck type, mill, isn't represented at all

with how the game is set up i don't think there'd be a way to do it really

but i wish there was

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    my least favorite thing about hearthstone is that my favorite deck type, mill, isn't represented at all

but i wish there was

Speed

Normally I would say that it's impossible to determine the kind of person someone is from their gameplay prefrences

But in this case I'm pretty sure this proves you're a horrible, horrible person

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    Hemlock Grove is sort of fucked up

• Options
    Hearing that the level cap in Destiny might only be 20 is kind of concerning

Because I sure do like leveling and if I could make it to 8 in a single morning's playsession, I could max out all 3 classes in a week and then what's left to do with the game

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Hearing that the level cap in Destiny might only be 20 is kind of concerning

Because I sure do like leveling and if I could make it to 8 in a single morning's playsession, I could max out all 3 classes in a week and then what's left to do with the game

They will mostly likely be fairly regularly raising the level cap as they add new stuff.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    regularly as in like, every other week or like, every 6 months

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    get gear

play it for the sake of playing a game you find fun

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    get gear

If he doesn't find not levelling fun

That means the game is less fun

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular

but i wish there was

There are some cards coming in the expansion that may make something mill-y a bit more viable, but they definitely don't seem to want those sorts of decks at this stage, which I sort of get; it's not very fun to get milled to hell and back.

On the other hand, whenever I find a way to force overdraw in Hearthstone (10 card hand max, if you draw more than that the drawn card disintegrates) I cackle maniacally for several minutes.

signature.png

• Options
    I'm also hoping there are a loooooooooot more planets and multiple maps on each planet in the full game

I already kinda never want to see Old Russia again, at least not the one section they make you go to 5 times in a row

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    The level cap might be 20 but equipment gets experience to upgrade it and each subclass has abilities that also get their own experience to improve them. I hit 8 pretty quickly but I am still pretty far from maxing out the subclass.

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    get gear

If he doesn't find not levelling fun

That means the game is less fun

There is still gear and abilities to level up beyond a character's level, but that stuff is buried two menus deep and they don't surface what actually causes those to gain levels

Is it Oblivion/Skyrim style just using them? Do they also take the XP you earn from killing enemies and finishing quests and are just offset differently from the character level thresholds?

What's kind of frustrating about the alpha/beta is that they give you just enough to give you an idea what the core game is, but don't tell you anything about any of the details and there's no way to know if they just never will or if there will be a lot more to it in the full release

Like I can't tell if the full game will be exactly what I'm playing right now just with more quests and maps, of if there's a lot more to it that you can't see in the beta

Cause if it's the former the game is oddly shallow for an MMO, or even just a Borderlands game

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Me and @SilverWind are playing Four Swords Adventures, like she's wanted to do for a couple of years

We're about to rescue the second maiden, I think

Also we're getting a divorce

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Me and @SilverWind are playing Four Swords Adventures, like she's wanted to do for a couple of years

How many of your force gems did she steal

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Me and SilverWind are playing Four Swords Adventures, like she's wanted to do for a couple of years

This just in, folks, four swords adventure is a divorce causing menace to society

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Also the damage range seems huge so I'm thinking it will take a bit to get to 20. For example my level 8 gun does like 60+ damage. a level 20 guns does close to 400.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options

How many of your force gems did she steal

Let me tell you about how fast she is at grabbing the shovel, her favorite item in Zelda history:

She is the fastest.

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    I feel like people who don't hate tingle haven't played enough four swords

• Options
    I would kinda like them to keep up the streak of Link being the only male playable character in Hyrule Warriors

But also I would really like them to put Tingle in the game

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I would kinda like them to keep up the streak of Link being the only male playable character in Hyrule Warriors

but tingle is like a map-maker and nothing else
    at least bug princess lady lords over a kingdom of bugs

• Options
    Huntera wrote: »

but tingle is like a map-maker and nothing else
    at least bug princess lady lords over a kingdom of bugs

No that's not true

He's also an asshole

• Options
    Tingle flies in and steals all your force gems/reinforcements if you don't conquer enemy bases fast enough

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Hyrule Warriors is highlighting something I always knew in the back of my head was there but never really actually thought about

Legend of Zelda is fucking weird

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Hyrule Warriors is highlighting something I always knew in the back of my head was there but never really actually thought about

Its just as "japanese" as mario

its just a little more subdued

• Options

what gave it away

was it the spiders who look like skulls, or the birdo-lookin' mother fuckers who shoot rocks that look like popcorn at you, or the map-maker who thinks he is destined to have a fairy companion and floats around on balloons

• Options
    Zelda is one of the weirdest series in gaming

It's not shy about it, either

It's a much more unsettling strangeness most of the time, though, so people going in expecting a different tone might not catch it

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Tingle has fucked up mike haggar in the past, he's capable of anything

• Options
    I can't hate tingle personally, I've got a framed print of tingle it would be weird to have that & still hate him

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Huntera wrote: »
    I can't hate tingle personally, I've got a framed print of tingle it would be weird to have that & still hate him

It's okay Huntera, the voodoo curse on that artwork will lose its power over you after he's dead

VRXwDW7.png
This discussion has been closed.