As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] Eyes up, Guardians. Our adventure begins!

• Options
    hlprmnkyhlprmnky Registered User regular
    I have a pair of Tritton AX720s, which I think work fine (though I haven't really used voice chat for more than listening to angry pre-teens yelling in a Titanfall lobby in ...a long time), and while I think the Golds look muy bueno I find it very, very hard to justify an extra hundred dollars just for but they're wireless!

I am grateful to the thread for the intel about sales though - if my Trittons fail me, or if I have issues with poor voice chat/game sound integration on the PS4, there will have to be some ...adjustments in my gaming rig.

_
    Your Ad Here! Reasonable Rates!
  • Options
    DeadspaceDeadspace Registered User regular
    So auto rifles have been nerfed. And destiny astronaut ice cream is a thing.

"War Within, War Without, War Unending." catechism of the Space Wolves 13th Chapter.
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Digital pre-order made. On PS4.

Does the pre-load start on the 7th?

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Deadspace wrote: »
    So auto rifles have been nerfed. And destiny astronaut ice cream is a thing.

I never could use the auto rifle. I think my buddies had good ones cause they swore by it. But for me any other gun was better. I think maybe there were one or two assault rifles that were beastly but mine had so much recoil it was impossible to do anything.

But who am I kidding, any gun kills meant I wasn't getting throwing knife kills and that's just silly.

616610-1.png
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I'm really looking forward to trying pretty much every thing possible with this game, but I am excited for buffed handcannons.

• Options
    The last day of alpha I got a boss pulse rifle. Loved it them beta came and I was Swiss cheese to a shingen or cydonia. Tried a hand cannon and was like wit nope so I'm all for these changes. And can't wait to run by target on destiny day and get some destiny astro cream. Then run home and shoot some fallen. Remember guardians that rifle you get in the beginning is boss in the crucible. Seriously.

"War Within, War Without, War Unending." catechism of the Space Wolves 13th Chapter.
  • Options
    zllehszllehs Hiding in a box, waiting to strike.Registered User regular
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    Digital pre-order made. On PS4.

Does the pre-load start on the 7th?

yup

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    zllehs wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    I got this set off Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00HKCKA0G?cache=9ff11c2337542291bd639c76851a18df&pi=SY200_QL40&qid=1409497571&sr=8-2#ref=mp_s_a_1_2

For 25 bucks they're great. Bonus for you is they're not wireless.

Oh sweet! so these are plugins and are stereo?

Stereo yes, surround sound no.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Get destiny on tuesday and xfinity on wednesday swear to god comcast you fuck up my internet I'm ending you're entire families!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    9 days!

• Options
    GuibsGuibs Weekend Warrior Somewhere up North.Registered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    Jumped on the $80 Gold headset deal. Have to have full immersion and solid voice quality - the pack-in mic really fares pretty well, but I wanted a dedicated wireless device, especially since one of my couch positions is just towards the edge of the controller range and it has made my mic cut out a few times in the past. We're so close to release!

Got them myself a week ago on a crazy deal in canada for 60$. So far I like them. Can't say regarding the mic since I am yet to chat with anyone but sound wise they are good. A bit lacking in overall volume and bass but still good. I'm happy with my purchase especially considering how much I paid for them

jswidget.php?username=Guibs&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    PSN: Guibs25 | XboxLive: Guibs | Steam: Guibsx | Twitch: Guibsx
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    Get destiny on tuesday and xfinity on wednesday swear to god comcast you fuck up my internet I'm ending you're entire families!

I hate to break it to you Preacher but you should probably break open a genealogy site now to get a head start.

• Options
    So like, can I has some destiny please. My groove servos have reached critical mass and May meltdown before the ninth.

• Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular

I hate to break it to you Preacher but you should probably break open a genealogy site now to get a head start.

I'm probably going to jinx myself but I feel like I am the only person that is perfectly content with their Comcast service. Mind, I'd jump at some Google Fiber but otherwise the Comcast reps I've dealt with have been consistently helpful and friendly and usually throw in free services for me without me asking.

And I also really, really want it to be the 9th.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    qwer12qwer12 PhilippinesRegistered User regular
    Damn it, I just realized that September 9 was a Tuesday and not a Saturday. Apparently, the date I was looking at on the calendar was August 9. Welp, looks like I'll only be able to play on the September 12.

steam_sig.png

PSN: jrrl_absent
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    I'm the same. For all the shit comcast gets (and lets face it, their prices are BS because of a near monopoly), the service in my area has always been great. I always get my advertised speeds or better and I've had less than three hours of total down time in three years.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    Comcast has been nothing but awful every time we've had them. Their customer service has been fine but we get drops in service almost daily.

Verizon fios meanwhile only dropped us twice over nearly a year. This was rare enough that both teams we were too surprised to be upset at it until service restarted.

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Comcast has been fine for me. Expect customer service.

• Options
    I think part of the issue is that it's easy to look at Comcast as a monolith, but in reality it's a company that grew by acquisition and thus has many disparate (and sometimes competing) division. In my part of the country, they acquired a modern, servicable, fiber and last-mile network. In other parts of the country (especially in areas where they inherited TWC assets), they inherited an old network that was behind on repairs.

Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    nusunusu Registered User regular
    Elin wrote: »

I'm probably going to jinx myself but I feel like I am the only person that is perfectly content with their Comcast service. Mind, I'd jump at some Google Fiber but otherwise the Comcast reps I've dealt with have been consistently helpful and friendly and usually throw in free services for me without me asking.

And I also really, really want it to be the 9th.

I've had good luck with Comcast people I've dealt with too. I'm happy with the 50mbps service I have for now, if they want to double that to 100 without raising the price, I'll be happy to take advantage of that, too :)

I also picked up a Gold headset today (Fry's deal) and am now ready to get my Awoken Titan groove on.

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    We're ditching TWC for DirectTV/AT&T Uverse cause the last straw was these few days last week where everything would go down completely... They'd tell us two different things, give us the run around... bwuh. It's never been very stable anyway.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    Time Warner really is the devil. I'm glad I've moved out of the part of the country where they were infrastructure holders.

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Time Warner really is the devil. I'm glad I've moved out of the part of the country where they were infrastructure holders.

It's been pretty funny to see them scramble to cut prices and/or try to block google from opening their service up in KC.

Thankfully, my fiber will be installed by the end of the year.

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    There's a company that will be laying down the infrastructure for fiber in our area, so TWC is gonna get fucked either way.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    Even though I haven't had a lot of issues with Comcast, I still can't wait for fiber. PDX is on the short list of possible Google Fiber roll outs in the near future, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

• Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    Any interesting stuff come from the Destiny panel today?

PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    hoodie13 wrote: »

Auto rifles are getting nerfed from their beta/alpha own'ness. That's the only tidbit I've heard.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    I have Century Link. My speed randomly gets cut in half and when it rains it cuts out entirely. They insist it's a problem on my end and refuse to even look into it without charging me $75 an hour. I'm switching to the new fiber company but they said my start date would be June 18th and... yeah.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    The most hilarious thing about fiber optic is that, in most cities, the infrastructure is literally already there and has been sitting there unused for the last 14-16 years.

The original companies that laid down this infrastructure vanished when the bubble burst.

Now companies like Google are employing Landmen (Landmen typically figure out who holds what resource rights for a stretch of land) to figure out who the hell actually owns the stuff so they can buy it, which is a surprisingly complicated task. :P

Anyway, Destiny woo!

Auto Rifle nerf is, maybe-sort-of surprising. I knew everyone used them, but you give players a full auto rifle in any game and they will use it no matter if it is actually good or not.

I'm still eager to see how Hand Cannons have changed. Hopefully for the best.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    Part of the issue is that in many places the municipality owns it by default, because the original layers of the fiber are defunct or abandoned it. In places like Portland where we have a relatively forward thinking, pro-tax payer, city council, that works out. In places where you have a pro-big-established-business municipality government, it can work against you.

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    Any word if Bungie is doing anything special for players who start at launch? Like, an emblem or something?

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    nusunusu Registered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    hoodie13 wrote: »

Auto rifles are getting nerfed from their beta/alpha own'ness. That's the only tidbit I've heard.

They're also planning monthly(?) patches, they mentioned the 1.01 in Sept, and an October patch.

• Options
    BookerBooker Registered User regular
    Any word if Bungie is doing anything special for players who start at launch? Like, an emblem or something?

Early access to the Vanguard armoury isn't enough?

No, I haven't heard of anything else.

• Options
    Harbringer197Harbringer197 Registered User regular
    A fan letter to bungie ahem...... gimme

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    I don't see the Destiny panel up on the Twitch archive. This is likely because they blew a fuse midway through the panel and it took awhile to get it fixed.

The short version is, you didn't miss much: it was pretty much just dev stories about how much the company has grown and how different it was to develop Destiny than the Halos. There were no announcements, no gameplay, no trailers, none of that. The Auto-Rifles nerf slipped, but I get the feeling that the panelists thought it was already public from the way they mentioned it.

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Thanks, Houn! Yeah, it is public knowledge (I'm pretty sure?) that auto-rifles and the Interceptor tank are getting nerfed and hand cannons and pulse rifles are getting buffed. But maybe they aren't supposed to be talking about/drawing attention to what they're working on/changing between beta and launch.

I imagine I'll still be using an auto rifle, especially for the Crucible, but who knows. Maybe something else will surprise me. I spent a lot of time in the beta rocking the scout rifle (after seeing some competitive guys on Twitch clean up with three-headshot precision kills) and got pretty good at it, but when I switched back to the auto rifle near the end - having used it pretty exclusively in the alpha - it felt comfortable and easy-to-use, and I did even better in PvP. Have to prioritize accuracy and impact, though. Spray-and-pray, high rate of fire just isn't my style.

I'm hoping that the Hawkmoon hand cannon is fun to use in PvP. We'll outgrow its stats quickly in PvE, because it's a low-level pre-order bonus rare, but outside of the Iron Banner, it may be a pretty effective weapon, with its higher ammo capacity and its damage boost unlocks.

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    I'm really hoping that when I hit level 20, I won't have to make a Sophie's Choice decision on which purple weapon to use...
    I did like the auto rifles, but pulse or scout may be the better bet in the long run.

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • Options
    CelianCelian Registered User regular
    BillyIdle wrote: »
    I'm really hoping that when I hit level 20, I won't have to make a Sophie's Choice decision on which purple weapon to use...
    I did like the auto rifles, but pulse or scout may be the better bet in the long run.

I really don't think Destiny will be like an MMO in that regard. Sure, somebody is going to come up with Best in Slot for each spec, encounters, yada yada. I don't think it will really matter all that much. Pick whatever type of gun you enjoy and aim well and it should be more than enough. I don't think builds will matter all that much either, MAYBE in hard raids. This is still a shooter first after all.

PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
  • Options
    zllehszllehs Hiding in a box, waiting to strike.Registered User regular
    You guys.... One week until we all fulfill our DESTINY

This discussion has been closed.