As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mario Kart 8: Animal Crossing DLC April 23rd, with 200cc coming for free!

• Options
    ConnConn Registered User regular
    Conn wrote: »
    Hey @AbsoluteZero does the youtube upload for highlight reels require posting to Miiverse as well? I've always posted them to Miiverse just 'cause it told me to, but I'd like to not do that anymore.

Reason I ask is because last week's Donut Plains 3 race I uploaded, for some reason, got itself a comment storm from a bunch of complete strangers, including one post in German. No idea what was so special about the video, but it got a lot of comments through Miiverse. :|

@‌Conn I guess I'm not sure. I think you can just let it upload and ignore the post to miiverse bit and see what happens.

Okay folks -- remember, MERCEDES ONLY tonight. Starting in... about 1 minute!

I just tried this with a highlight reel. It stayed on Youtube and let me return without posting it to Miiverse. This was after it had finished uploading.

Just so you know.

XBL, PSN, and NNID: "ConnConnor" for all three.
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Penny-Arcade G&T Sunday Drivers Week 13: MERCEDES ONLY Results

4bvwycxj2a3u.png

zlCfzSZIPYYHJMwky_
    zlCfzSZINSoDbVEL8l

90guxosaleje.png
    1hk1xzqg3fkt.png
    irhmra8t5onw.png

You can find some more granular information at this link.

Check out some highlights from this week's action!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXVPhjPVSSw
    Week 13 Highlights - Mercedes mayhem in the cloud tops!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et4uZc5xKQQ
    Week 13 Highlights - Precision engineering of Mercedes and Tick Tock Clock is a deadly combination!

Thanks to all who participated in today's races. See you again next SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Much better for me than last week. Probably because I wasn't in the same lobby as a lot of the top 10.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Oh, shit. I didn't Fiji had gotten as late (or later) of a start as I had. Maz's 171 was 2nd last I had checked the standings. I should've rejoined for post-tourney play to keep Fiji down.

Is 3 points the closest tourney win we've seen so far?

• Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    Oh, shit. I didn't Fiji had gotten as late (or later) of a start as I had. Maz's 171 was 2nd last I had checked the standings. I should've rejoined for post-tourney play to keep Fiji down.

Is 3 points the closest tourney win we've seen so far?

Jerkface!

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
      My first Sunday Drivers with you folks and it was a bunch of fun! Driving the Mercedes was *so weird* considering I'm used to the inline bikes. So many drifts off of the course...

Frantic is complete NUTS, and should by no means be any sort of standard, but there were times where I was just too busy laughing at the chaos to care. Good races guys!

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
    • Options
      Add 4 points for my motion controls. I win ;)

• Options
        I've got a few highlight reels from the other lobby! Let me clarify something in advance, to avoid confusion for anyone watching the reels. We had 3 Rosalinas in our lobby. Catrine was in the Arrow with wooden wheels, William in the Arrow with azure rollers, and Mblackwell in the Roadster. Skeldare was the lone Shy Guy who suffered such misfortune. I think he plays Shy Guy to generate more sympathy from us.

ANYHOW,

First up, Conn's Mario beats the flock of Rosalinas in Electrodrome:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBKm72w3BR8

Fiji wins in Yoshi Valley, after Conn botches an attempted shortcut:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf0_NMwc1TE

Catrine comes out on top, in a chaotic Twisted Mansion race which saw many reversals of fortune (such as skeldare's back-to-back super horns, the first of which I was able to capture near the end):
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CcOOcCjlfc

Here skeldare sits,
        Broken-hearted,
        He had almost won,
        But got Mario Karted.
        A finish line mosh pit puts skeldare from 1st to 7th, and Conn from 1st to 3rd. Fiji wins by a nose:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HnmbsSdzZw

So hey, well done, @TimFiji. Those 3 points between us are the same as between 1st and 2nd in a single race. Waaayyy close.

• Options
        McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
        Man, I'm all excited for next week now.

• Options
        But got Mario Karted.
        A finish line mosh pit puts skeldare from 1st to 7th, and Conn from 1st to 3rd. Fiji wins by a nose:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HnmbsSdzZw

So hey, well done, @TimFiji. Those 3 points between us are the same as between 1st and 2nd in a single race. Waaayyy close.

I sprayed 3 green shells and it won me the race!

• Options
          Classy player, @Conn. Fun playing with you.

• Options
            MblackwellMblackwell Registered User regular
            edited September 2014
            Oh sure post the races where I did badly!

Although they were close as hell and I usually ran in the top 3 until something catastrophic happened which was usually getting suddenly hammered or making a dumb mistake like where I fucking fell off in Electrodrome. It was a fun set of races in general, as much as I complain.

(I'm the Rosalina with the slicks in the 300)

Mblackwell on
            Music: The Rejected Applications | Nintendo Network ID: Mblackwell

• Options
            Mblackwell wrote: »
            Oh sure post the races where I did badly!

Although they were close as hell and I usually ran in the top 3 until something catastrophic happened which was usually getting suddenly hammered or making a dumb mistake like where I fucking fell off in Electrodrome.

Those were just the memorable ones! I haven't forgotten that you placed ahead of me on one race. I forget which.

• Options
            I'll find it and upload it in a minute.

• Options
            edited September 2014
            Nevermind apparently I don't have it? If you find it upload it and in the meantime I've got another reel from a fun/contentious race.

Edit: There we go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqbseZPcg6s

Mblackwell on

• Options
            @Mblackwell

Between the 6 favorites and the 12 most recent that get saved automatically, I've probably got it somewhere. I just didn't feel like turning the Wii U on again, especially now that I'm locked into another game.

If you remember what track it was on, I can dig through later.

• Options
            edited September 2014
            I honestly don't remember. I just remember it being crazy.

Sadly I forgot to favorite it and it was lost when I did extra races. Oh well.

Mblackwell on

• Options
            WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
            TimFiji wrote: »
            Anyone want changes to the earlier tournament?

Items are still set at Frantic, or something, aren't they? Maybe something a bit more mellow.

Or just all Bob-ombs all the time. I'll have to learn how to use those damn things one of these days.

I will change this then! I'm not a big fan of Frantic mode anyway. How about hard CPU and Bob-ombs?

Please don't do all Bob-ombs. I can imagine it'd be hilarious chaos the first two races or so and then it'd just be frustrating.

• Options
            Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
            Aww, I thought I had a shot at winning the tourney, given that I won like half the races in our lobby, but of course it wasn't enough to beat Conn.

I'll try to upload some highlights from our lobby later.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
          • Options
            Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
            Catrine was in the Arrow with wooden wheels

This is because whilst the roller wheels are probably strictly better they look so dumb I refuse to use them on principle.

But bluh, I think 6th overall is the worst I have placed, how embarrasing, shame on family etc. etc. I have a feeling it was the switch to carts which did it, that plus the general crazy nature of frantic mode of course.

Ah well, see you next week when I can hopefully redeem myself some.

• Options
            KupiKupi Registered User regular
            Attn: Mblackwell
            Re: That incident behind the bushes on Yoshi Valley
            YOU SILLY GOOSE

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
          • Options
            Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
            Deviously being hit by a red shell in mid-air, lots of star power and the Crazy 8 on Thwomp Ruins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr66y2oqBTY

DK slipping on a banana in his own Jungle. How embarassing. Also: roasted Wario.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZI-7nxorJs

Lots of people bumping into each other, all eclipsed by Pink Gold Peach steamrolling past everyone with a star, before being being flattened by Bullet Bill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QkKSltRuek

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
          • Options
            Anyone want changes to the earlier tournament?

Items are still set at Frantic, or something, aren't they? Maybe something a bit more mellow.

Or just all Bob-ombs all the time. I'll have to learn how to use those damn things one of these days.

I will change this then! I'm not a big fan of Frantic mode anyway. How about hard CPU and Bob-ombs?

Please don't do all Bob-ombs. I can imagine it'd be hilarious chaos the first two races or so and then it'd just be frustrating.

Just put it on All Items for next week.

• Options
              Bob-ombs Only is a strictly inferior version of Bananas Only.

• Options
              Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
              Yeah, bob-ombs only sounds fun, but it ultimately just means it's impossible to get however happens to be in first place out of that position unless they mess up themselves; at least with bananas only they might hit a few of the lingering skins, bob-ombs tend not to hang around.

• Options
              AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
              Polls are now open for PA G&T SundayDrivers Week 14 tournament race settings. If you are planning to participate this Sunday, I highly encourage you to vote! I will be cutting off the votes at some arbitrary time on Saturday Friday. Probably.

CLICK HERE TO VOTE

CLICK HERE TO SEE CURRENT RESULTS

Check out current tournament standings and various stats here.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
            • Options
              EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
              Man. You know what's more annoying than getting blue shell'd in 1st place? Getting blue shell'd in 4th place because a bunch of people passed you half a second ago.

• Options
              All this Mario Kart 8'ing has got me to dust off my 3DS and pop in Mario Kart 7.

Wow .... What a difference. Mario Kart 7 has some of the most obnoxiously designed courses. So many turns it's impossible to take at full speed without flying off the course. And Rainbow Road? What the shit is that?

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
            • Options
              edited September 2014
              Kupi wrote: »
              YOU SILLY GOOSE

:open_mouth: What did I do?!
              Enlong wrote: »
              Man. You know what's more annoying than getting blue shell'd in 1st place? Getting blue shell'd in 4th place because a bunch of people passed you half a second ago.
              The worst, yeah.

Mblackwell on

• Options
              New mini map saved me from some blues. Just slowed down whe. It popped up!

• Options
                Mblackwell wrote: »
                Kupi wrote: »
                YOU SILLY GOOSE

:open_mouth: What did I do?!

God, I wish I'd had a favorite videos slot open and it wasn't the fourth race out of sixteen so it would still be on my recent races list.

I'm not sure if it was the lag or what, but basically we slammed into each other, went off-road, slammed into one of the bushes, and basically dragged each other along for a solid five or six seconds before finally getting back on the road. I was livid.

• Options
                That must have been lag, since I don't remember hitting any bushes like that. That sounds awful though, the same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago in Dry Bone Dunes except whoever was in front of me refused to move.

• Options
                mekman 2mekman 2 a goober Registered User regular
                I'd love to see some classic characters and nods to old mario themed games, like Stanley the bugman, Donkey Kong jr. (Who stared in the original super mario kart), and Pauline... Oh and maybe the guy with the mask from Super Mario Sunshine, the runner dude!

• Options
                Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
                Here's me trying to "taunt" someone at the end of Mount Wario. It backfired, costing my first place. That's what I get!

http://youtu.be/unnHkBoxX6Q

Steam | Twitch
                Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
              • Options
                DversedDversed Registered User regular
                MY Sundays have opened up. Can i still get in on this tournament?

• Options
                Dversed wrote: »

Yeah mos def.

It's a different tournament every week, it's not like a sports season or anything like that. The week-to-week totals that A-0 keeps track of is just for fun.

• Options
                skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular

Depends. Are you on the list?

Oh wait, there is no list...

Nintendo Console Codes
                Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
                PM Me if you add me!
                HAIL HYDRA
              • Options
                DversedDversed Registered User regular
                Is there a PA lobby or something?

• Options
                Is there a PA lobby or something?

A tournament code to punch in. AbsoluteZero will post it again as we get closer to next Sunday's tournament, or you can go back a few pages to find it. There's a few alternate tournaments, like on on Wednesday, or earlier in the day on Sunday, but I don't keep up with those.

• Options
                McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
                Pro-tip: Participate in the tourneys Conn doesn't bother with to help your self-esteem.

This discussion has been closed.