Options

Clients From [Chat]

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    STACEY

i went to work yesterday but chu does not play magic

i play magic reasonably regularly but own no cards, it's all persistent draft decks from friend collections or cube drafts.

PUPPIES

Seriously I will come visit you guys sometime.

It must be after I finish school though because school sucks and I need to just focus on getting it over with at this point.

BUT AFTER THAT I will be living the good life and having free time and shit.

And we will teach Chu how to play magic just so I can beat him like 10 times in row and be smug about it.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    ice hockey doesn't use a yellow card system, does it? Like an official warning of "if you do that one more time, you're getting kicked outta the game"

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Sparvy wrote: »
    815165 wrote: »
    In other news, what is believed to be the world's oldest eel
    Tav wrote: »
    I got invited to a 21st and went "ugh"

is this what being an old is?

I've been partying more the last year than when I was 21.

Is this what not wanting to admit you're getting old is?

It could also be how being young and having money is.

I'm a student and most of my friends have jobs, it is getting a bit hard to keep up in social activites money wise these days, the food and drink is more expensive than what we used to get and there is more of it.

wait, get back to the eel

Damned drafts

It died, in sweden

Is belivied to have been 155 years old or something

Verification hasn't been done yet though

Cut it in half, count the rings

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Ugh, I have an event 12-1.
    What scumlord cis shit is this
    edit: that event isn't lunch

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    What's a cube draft again?

this one's 840 cards, no duplicates, all uncommon, all great cards that have seen constructed play. Divide into sets of 15, where each set has one card of each color, one colorfixer, one uncolored card, and 8 other cards. Select 3 sets per player randomly. Draft as normal. Play with 40 card decks. Find winner.

sig.gif
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Looks like [chat] has transformed into an Andrew W.K. song.

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    powerpuppies drafting/limited owns. I think I am going to stay away from Standard type magic and just go with Modern, where my deck stays legal basically forever until they ban an important part of it.

not playing with randos is also necessary for teh funz

sig.gif
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    ice hockey doesn't use a yellow card system, does it? Like an official warning of "if you do that one more time, you're getting kicked outta the game"

No, they are sent to the penalty box for 2 minutes (usually) and the team plays a man down for that time.

• Options
    STACEY

i play magic reasonably regularly but own no cards, it's all persistent draft decks from friend collections or cube drafts.

PUPPIES

It must be after I finish school though because school sucks and I need to just focus on getting it over with at this point.

And we will teach Chu how to play magic just so I can beat him like 10 times in row and be smug about it.

sounds good bro

rock that school

quit being weak sauce

sig.gif
  • Options
    SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    815165 wrote: »
    In other news, what is believed to be the world's oldest eel
    I got invited to a 21st and went "ugh"

is this what being an old is?

I've been partying more the last year than when I was 21.

Is this what not wanting to admit you're getting old is?

It could also be how being young and having money is.

I'm a student and most of my friends have jobs, it is getting a bit hard to keep up in social activites money wise these days, the food and drink is more expensive than what we used to get and there is more of it.

wait, get back to the eel

Damned drafts

It died, in sweden

Is belivied to have been 155 years old or something

Verification hasn't been done yet though

Cut it in half, count the rings

Apparently that is almost what they do, eels have some kind of stone that grows in their ears that can be used to date them.

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    Looks like [chat] has transformed into an Andrew W.K. song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3-7F2L_IOE

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    STACEY

PUPPIES

sounds good bro

rock that school

quit being weak sauce

I should be done in December. So it's not that far off!

Plus I owe Chu since I said I'd see him before I left and then never did because I lost track of the days...

• Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    Console gamers: They ruin gaming for everyone, but are they worse than liberals?

As an evil lib... no.

We're the worst forever.

I know this is jokey but have you looked at twitch chat

seriously is there anything worse that involves a semblance of human communication?

• Options

No, they are sent to the penalty box for 2 minutes (usually) and the team plays a man down for that time.

cool, thanks

• Options
    I think I just enjoy playing competitive MTG, which is at odds with a lot of [chat] people who play MTG. Which is fine, there is no correct way to play MTG.

• Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    even worse than youtube comments

on a personal level worse than comments on articles linked via drudgereport

ok maybe freep or stormfront are worse

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular

Yeah, there's not a good comparison because a yellow card has no penalty attached except that if you commit another yellow-card-worthy offence, you get a red card instead.

A penalty in hockey is a penalty. There's not really any escalation. You can get the same penalty 30 times in a game and each time you'd just get the same penalty, 2 minutes in the penalty box. Admittedly, your team would kill you because that means that they're playing a man down for the whole time you're in the box.

The only things that get you thrown out of a game are like, gross violations. Intentionally hitting people in the head, hard. Jumping off the ice to hit someone really hard.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26306

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I think I just enjoy playing competitive MTG, which is at odds with a lot of [chat] people who play MTG. Which is fine, there is no correct way to play MTG.

but there is a wrong way

it's called playing mtg

• Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular

cool, thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fhqFvIvmvE

• Options
    Vanguard wrote: »

but there is a wrong way

it's called playing mtg

looooooooooooool

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Skorne warlocks look so badass.

Even Hedonism Bot.

3KH7anZ.png

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular

I've done the competitive CCG thing. Qualified for pro tour and such. It was pretty fun. But I enjoyed the Saturday practice drafts so much more than anything else we did as a team. I don't think I could do it again though. The MTG scene seems only slightly less hard to get into than the fighting game scene.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    what up dinguses

dingi

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    all hobbies are dumb and then we die

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    my hobbies are amazing and im going to live forever so

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    cptrugged wrote: »

I've done the competitive CCG thing. Qualified for pro tour and such. It was pretty fun. But I enjoyed the Saturday practice drafts so much more than anything else we did as a team. I don't think I could do it again though. The MTG scene seems only slightly less hard to get into than the fighting game scene.

Yeah, they actually just changed the ways Pro Tour Qualifiers work now. Now you win a Pre qualifier tournament which gets you into your region's PTQ. then if you top 4 that (or top 8 if there are more than 128 people) you qualify for the Pro Tour.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    I don't think you can't say modern consoles aren't holding back gaming, when significant work is going into working sleeping dogs to ps4, its going to cost 60$ and still doesnt look as good as the 20$ pc copy I bought ~2 years ago with the HD texture pack.

Before they came out, everyone was heralding that they finally put a large amount of ram in the machines, but there was a lot of people quick to point out that the hardware really isn't going to be much of an upgrade, and gaming is in trouble if we have to sit on these consoles for another 5-7 years.

You are too focused on the graphics here.

Yeah, there will always be a PC with a card with more gigs of GDDR5 RAM or more shaders or whatever.

But that PC, so long as the games it is running also have to run on the 360 or PS3, is going to be hobbled by limited AI, limited physics calculations that impact gameplay (and not just pretty smoke or papers blowing in the breeze or ponytails), limited number of autonomous intelligent enemies and allies on screen at once...

By having all of the baseline platforms expect 64 bit architecture and 8 gigs of RAM and better processors, PC games benefit greatly from the higher baseline this establishes.

Watch Dogs 2 could still be much prettier on a high end PC, but it also could be a much richer gaming experience for everyone because I doubt it will be built with the 360 in mind.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    STACEY

PUPPIES

I'm impatient for the part where Chu turns out to be an unrealized magic savant and destroys everyone like that movie where Matt Damon is all good at math

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    My hobby is living forever

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    Which is fine, there is no correct way to play MTG.
    false, the correct way is the way I enjoy and anyone who enjoys it in a different way is an idiot.

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Happy Friday, [chat]! I hope you're all doing splendidly.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular

be prepared for the whiniest, most ineffectual rules-lawyering of your life

@organichu come at me i bet you can't even do it without getting quagmired in the technicalities of when a second should step in

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Have any of you used Conspiracy to do a Draft and do group games?

It seems like something that would be really fun/different.

Trying to get a few friends interested in trying.

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Happy Friday, [chat]! I hope you're all doing splendidly.

Friday nights are to best nites to FUCKIN PARTY, MAN!!!

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    good morning basses and bassettes

i hope your frequencies are low this morning

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular

um sure there is

the correct way to play mtg is:

step 1) black
    step 2) DARK RITUAL

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    I watched good will hunting when I was a kid with my mom, so I don't actually remember any of it

My first two non-animated-genie robin williams experiences were patch adams and toddler-age good will hunting so i forever think of him as this absurdly sincere oscar-gunning sumbitch

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Bed is so nice. But. So many things to do. Including work.

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.