As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I made this thread... FOR SCIENCE!

1939495969799»

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2016
    someone needs to convince these people that bleach is a secret immortality potion that BIG PHARMA doesn't want anyone to know about

unfortunately:

OCzZqDw.png
    gETCizV.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcTMge7MOH8

want to cure your kids' autism? put some bleach in their orange juice

Brolo on
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    God damn that shit is depressing and infuriating at the same time Brolo.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    T8TzUw7.png

bleach also cures a whole bunch of other shit, apparently

just ask this tiger

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Shit like that makes me wish people didn't exist. We're too stupid to live.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    someone needs to convince these people that bleach is a secret immortality potion that BIG PHARMA doesn't want anyone to know about

unfortunately:

OCzZqDw.png
    gETCizV.png

"Now, I have here in this jar approximately 5 tablespoons of purified autism, take a look and pass it -"

*is trampled to death in the stampede out the door*

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Butler wrote: »
    Brolo wrote: »

unfortunately:

OCzZqDw.png
    gETCizV.png

"Now, I have here in this jar approximately 5 tablespoons of purified autism, take a look and pass it -"

There's no way I'm clicking on that video; but does she actually say this!?!

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    A friend posted a photo today captioned "travel essentials" and it's all herbal teas and Emergen-C and such, which whatever, but also colloidal silver

I know it will accomplish absolutely zero by trying to tell her to throw that out, but man, I really want to

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    What the hell is colloidal silver

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Colloidal silver (a colloid consisting of silver particles suspended in liquid) and formulations containing silver salts were used by physicians in the early 20th century, but their use was largely discontinued in the 1940s following the development of safer and effective modern antibiotics.[8][9] Since the 1990s, colloidal silver has again been marketed as an alternative medicine, often with extensive "cure-all" claims. Colloidal silver products remain available in many countries as dietary supplements and homeopathic remedies, although they are not effective in treating any known condition and carry the risk of both permanent cosmetic side effects such as argyria and more serious ones such as allergic reactions, as well as interactions with prescription medications.[10][11]

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Well that's unfortunate

Also I just saw your title / location and HOW DARE YOU IT IS ON

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    I WAS JOKING

GODDAMNIT

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    I WAS JOKING

GODDAMNIT

There are no jokes here, only hyperbole and tears.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Here comes dat void

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Here comes dat void

Oh shit

• Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    Juno is almost at Jupiter!

Watch here to see how it goes!

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular

the 2nd cd player is on

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    gyroscopes, how do they work?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    I would ask how much money was spent getting CD players up there, but they could theoretically have been there since 2000

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »
    I would ask how much money was spent getting CD players up there, but they could theoretically have been there since 2000

Astronauts are given a weight/size allowance for personal goods when they go up there. There's probably a small museum worth of personal property that has accumulated on the space station.

• Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular

Yeah, angular momentum makes my head spin.

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »

Astronauts are given a weight/size allowance for personal goods when they go up there. There's probably a small museum worth of personal property that has accumulated on the space station.

And they all have to be sniffed by some dude to make sure they're not flammable or otherwise going to get everyone killed.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    Butler wrote: »

Yeah, angular momentum makes my head spin.

It's okay man, here take a seat, conserve your energy.

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Speaking of things going around in space...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpsQimYhNkA

Do not adjust your set. That's the view Juno had on final approach towards Jupiter, showing all four Galilean moons orbiting the gas giant. As it gets closer towards the end of the video, you can even begin to pick out the distinctive Jovian banding.

It lasts just long enough to see a full orbit of Callisto (17 days or so). Closer in, you can see Io, Europa, and Ganymede. You can even pick out their 1:2:4 orbital resonance and see them disappear into the shadow of Jupiter. Okay first off, HOW COOL IS THAT? We almost never see Jupiter eclipse its moons, on account of it being a long long way from both us and the Sun so mostly its shadow is behind it from our perspective, but here we're almost side on and get to see them disappear and reappear and squee. Also, actual footage of the orbital resonance. I'm not sure how long I could watch Io go round and round in time with Europa and keep coming back to the same mark again and again, but I'm willing to find out. For Science.

Now that Juno is in orbit, we won't have a chance to see all 4 moons moving around like this again. But that's cool, we'll have lots of other exciting things coming out of Juno and JunoCam, so I'm sure I'll find a way to deal with the loss somehow.

Emily Lakdwalla has more on her blog
    , but in the meantime I'm just going to put this on a loop in the corner of my screen and watch it for a few hours.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Colloidal silver (a colloid consisting of silver particles suspended in liquid) and formulations containing silver salts were used by physicians in the early 20th century, but their use was largely discontinued in the 1940s following the development of safer and effective modern antibiotics.[8][9] Since the 1990s, colloidal silver has again been marketed as an alternative medicine, often with extensive "cure-all" claims. Colloidal silver products remain available in many countries as dietary supplements and homeopathic remedies, although they are not effective in treating any known condition and carry the risk of both permanent cosmetic side effects such as argyria and more serious ones such as allergic reactions, as well as interactions with prescription medications.[10][11]

By this, they mean you turn blue. Like this guy turned blue:

argyria-paul-karason.jpg

So unless you actually want to be blue, it's best to avoid eating a bunch of silver.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    Decomposey wrote: »

argyria-paul-karason.jpg

So unless you actually want to be blue, it's best to avoid eating a bunch of silver.

Yo listen up here's a story, about a little guy that lives in a blue world...

forumsig.png
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »

I'm aware of this, just figuring they would ration out their precious few grams of personal weight nowadays to more modern devices than multiple CD players

a few people bringing some up back in 2001 makes the most sense to me

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    darleysam wrote: »

argyria-paul-karason.jpg

...because he was poisoned by working his whole life in a silver mine without proper protective gear.

Hmm, I have to work on that. It's not really catchy yet.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    honovere wrote: »

argyria-paul-karason.jpg

...because he was poisoned by working his whole life in a silver mine without proper protective gear.

That's what abudeeabudie part has meant this whole time

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    honovere wrote: »

argyria-paul-karason.jpg

Pretty insensitive of Eiffel 65 to write a song about that if you ask me.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    I think that guy turned blue because he slathered it over his face for ten years as an alternative medicine treatment.

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
  • Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    Psh, friggin cocaine was legal back in 1888. There was some seriously crazy snake oil shit going on back then.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    JoeUser wrote: »
    Well

You probably will sleep after that cough syrup.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    JoeUser wrote: »
    Well

You probably will sleep after that cough syrup.

My favorite part is the "Skillfully combined with a number of other ingredients" bit

JtgVX0H.png
This discussion has been closed.