As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Super Smash Brothers! DLC CHARACTERS CONFIRMED! MEWTWO SPRING 2015!

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    It is fitting that ganondorf is brought down by the friendship of the Robotic Operating Buddy

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Rob owns. His specials are all disgustingly good, and that d tilt........man.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Could anyone explain to me why ROB is such a good counter to Little Mac?

I'm seeing that sentiment a lot and it sure seems true playing against ROBs, I just wanna know why cause I can't figure it out

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Gyroscope shuts down his approach 100%

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    ROB has a keepaway game that would make Mega Man cry tears of blood and an almost impenetrable aerial mixup; Yoshi might be better than him in the air but I'm not sure if anyone else is

He comes with a toolset more or less specifically designed to pound Mac into the dirt

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    also little Mac blows

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2014
    Like any character with a ton of recovery, it's easy for ROB to gimp the fuck out of Mac. It doesn't hurt that he has a ton of projectiles to facilitate that.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    also little Mac blows

ok

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    He will probably be mid-tier at best. All of his worst match-ups are among the best characters in the game.

I say mid-tier because Mac doesn't half-ass his punishes, and there are KO Punch combos.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    also try not to dash attack

although little Mac has a pretty decent dash attack

A lot of dash attacks are fine to use. Particularly the ones that have multiple hits, and/or move past shielding opponents ("cross up"), and/or have quick cool downs.

The more important thing is not to telegraph, which a lot of newbies do with dash attacks. If your opponent is on one side of the stage and you're on the other, simply running up to him and dash attacking is generally going to be a really bad idea
    yeah ones that cross up when timed well can be good

the multihit ones tend to be punishable because you get all that extra time to prepare fort the instant block

I mean like, a dash attack is something to be used sparingly, more like a read than a footsies thing to throw out all the time

I can't even parse that last clause

dear god I'm a scrub

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    a read meaning you've learned their tendencies enough to know when to do something more likely to be successful

whereas if that read fails you might get punished (dash attacks are largely punishable)

whereas something you stick out in footsies is generally safer whether or not it works (spaced aerias, tilts, jabs, projectiles)

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    So how do mixups work

Attack/throw/bait a roll?

• Options
    and shield damage too, because the more damaged your shield is the smaller it gets allowing you to poke them in the toes or whatever

at least it was like that before... and shield damage seems really strong in this game

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    but yeah untechable grabs that you can do while running and turning

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    And the answer to throws? Arrange for them to run into your fist or get out of the way? And if you plan on attacking them out of a throw attempt, they can bait a whiff

I may be starting to comprehend the flow of this

• Options
    alright, I'm home who wants to 1v1?

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Knob wrote: »
    And the answer to throws? Arrange for them to run into your fist or get out of the way? And if you plan on attacking them out of a throw attempt, they can bait a whiff

one of the things i'm terrible at is spot dodging but i'm pretty sure it'll beat a grab attempt

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    This thread is making me strongly consider getting a 3ds

• Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    alright, I'm home who wants to 1v1?

Fight me sam. @Radius‌

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    it was a good purchase for me

but don't get it for this game I don't think, at least not if you have or are going to have a wiu

• Options
    I mean I would be getting it for this and Pokemon, plus I don't see myself getting a wiiu in the nesr future

• Options
    what kind of monster picks tomodachi life??

sirtoons.png
  • Options
    I had to go do something real quick, but I remade the room so we can do some 1v1s, @No Great Name

• Options

In general, attacks beat throws, but longer range throws like Link or Pac-Man can trump it.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    what kind of monster picks tomodachi life??

tomodachi life is one of the best new regular stages

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    NeoToma wrote: »
    I mean I would be getting it for this and Pokemon, plus I don't see myself getting a wiiu in the nesr future

Keep in mind they have developed another, faster 3ds model which is already released in Japan and "2015" NA

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    of course
    fucking nintendo
    i can't keep up with you

• Options
    In addition to being faster it also literally makes you better at smash bros just by playing on it

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited October 2014

short hop aerials work well

if you do something like forward smash they can go block (were going to press it anyway) then A to grab, so it's kind of a fake option selection for them

of course little mac can forward tilt fairly freely to beat stuff, and he has no aerials really

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Yeah... that's how that last game should have ended.

sirtoons.png
  • Options
    GGs Brendan, Ike is super fun to play against, someone I can't just bully the whole time.

I think he has a combo off either his up or his down throw straight into Aether at low percentages.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Anyone wanna beat up my Ganondorf for a bit?

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    short hop dodge cancel into Bowser Fortress is really good, but I have a lot more trouble getting it to come out compared to Bowser Bomb (Also good, but requires a better read)

• Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    I've played a bunch of online 1v1s and lost about 95% of them so far.

That's better than when I played about 40 games of SF4 against @larlar and lost 100% of them.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    ROB has a keepaway game that would make Mega Man cry tears of blood and an almost impenetrable aerial mixup; Yoshi might be better than him in the air but I'm not sure if anyone else is

He comes with a toolset more or less specifically designed to pound Mac into the dirt

I straight-up do not know how to fight ROB.

No matter which character I choose.

ROB is my nemesis.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    That bot ain't right

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    Wyborn wrote: »

I straight-up do not know how to fight ROB.

No matter which character I choose.

ROB is my nemesis.

Learn to catch Gyros and sheild immediately

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    i like to catch gyros with my mouth

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    bombardier wrote: »
    I've played a bunch of online 1v1s and lost about 95% of them so far.

That's better than when I played about 40 games of SF4 against @larlar and lost 100% of them.

Here Lies Bombardier

Fuck Shoryukens

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Anyone around this midday thursday?

This discussion has been closed.