As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2014: Until next season....

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Ooh, you want less blizzard and more nice, peaceful, gentle, happy snow?
    zedGUbz.gif

I think it needs a little something more to really bring out the Christmas spirit.

shining%20jack%20frozen_small.jpg

I took some liberties with your Christmas Spirit

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I'll swap mine when we get our santees. It might be a little low-res now, but it's from 2008! I can't stop now. :D
    pyrogxchristmasavatar.jpg

If you want to find yours if I did it in 2008, here's a link to the album:
    http://s4.photobucket.com/user/ArcSyn/library/Secret Santa/GnT Secret Santa 2008
    There's about 69 different Christmas avatars there.

edit: Oh, and eventually if you need a Gift Get gif, the link is still in my sig from last year.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    the hat makes your santa one look like a B&W portrait of a dog or frog or some animal I can't quite place but know it's on the tip of my tongue!

And Damn it we need Santees now because I jumped the gun on avatars!

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Now that my old external HDD is back from the grave I can get at my preferred Christmas avatar! It's like my preferred Halloween avatar but it has a Christmas hat.

• Options
    Judge-ZJudge-Z Teacher, for Great Justice Upstate NYRegistered User regular
    Unfortunately, I think I am out this year. As much as I enjoy the giving of gifts, I realize I have posted even less than usual of late - which is bad, as I am already a near lurker who is nigh impossible to stalk elsewhere on the net. This would make things less than fun for many of the Santas, who, like me, love to stalk for the perfect gift. As my daughter gets older, I have just gotten too busy to post.

I'll never forget finding my first Santee's resumè posted online, finding out he was a British expat, and adding a bunch of comfort foods from the international section of Wegmans to his box. Such a feeling of joy!

Alas, I don't want to rob anyone else of the chance to stalk someone who is, well, stalk-able. So, have fun this year, and I look forward to seeing the inevitable gift gets!

And jclast, that is fantastic that you still have those onesies! I loved the picture you posted of the whole crew in action! Great FSM, they must be in Kindergarten by now!

JudgeZed.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Oh hell yeah

I can't wait to see Bayonetta in a Santa hat

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Well I mean your Santa could always buy stuff for your kid. And some people like the challenge. Not an excuse to not enter!

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    k, signed up before i continued to forget even more

wheeeee

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Like I said before, if a person can't figure out what you want, then it means you're going to experience a candy avalanche at the absolute worst. More creative people might make you something or just look for some really obscure piece of something to take you off-guard. Don't feel like you can't participate just because you ain't a posting maniac like some of us.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    Seriously. I don't think I've gotten a person that posts a lot or at least posts with a lot of context in the past few years. As a result, I just get them stuff I figure they might like as someone who posts on PA. That, or I use proxy to find out some information about them to make it easier for myself. Asking your person questions through Proxy is sort of a cheat, but it works really well when you can't find out yourself.

• Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    Judge-Z wrote: »
    Unfortunately, I think I am out this year. As much as I enjoy the giving of gifts, I realize I have posted even less than usual of late - which is bad, as I am already a near lurker who is nigh impossible to stalk elsewhere on the net. This would make things less than fun for many of the Santas, who, like me, love to stalk for the perfect gift. As my daughter gets older, I have just gotten too busy to post.

I'll never forget finding my first Santee's resumè posted online, finding out he was a British expat, and adding a bunch of comfort foods from the international section of Wegmans to his box. Such a feeling of joy!

Alas, I don't want to rob anyone else of the chance to stalk someone who is, well, stalk-able. So, have fun this year, and I look forward to seeing the inevitable gift gets!

And jclast, that is fantastic that you still have those onesies! I loved the picture you posted of the whole crew in action! Great FSM, they must be in Kindergarten by now!

Yeah, don't let this stop you. It makes it harder, yes, but at the same time, I would see that as an opportunity to just either gift random, cool stuff, or stuff I think people would enjoy.

Though the kid thing would severely limit my phallic shaped gift ideas.

• Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    do hope Khoo and the gang are in for this year as well, it's nice to have the PA guys in our activities.

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    noir_blood wrote: »

Yeah, don't let this stop you. It makes it harder, yes, but at the same time, I would see that as an opportunity to just either gift random, cool stuff, or stuff I think people would enjoy.

This is my last year's Santee convincing my last years Santa to not drop out.

As the middleman in the chain I obviously have to concur.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

As Judge-Z's Santa last year, I have to add my vote of concurrence as well.

It'll be tough to stalk you, but you've got a Steam profile, and people can check out your previous Santa and Santee posts to get some ideas...

• Options

but that's all the best things!

• Options
    WillyDubWillyDub Registered User regular
    So i'm here for a little help =)

I'm a school teacher (Cisco Academy and CompTia A+ in Cuyahoga Falls, OH.) and every year i have my students do some kind of community service project. This year it occurred to me that Child's Play would be perfect for them! Our goal is to raise $1000 by the end of December and i'm here to solicit ideas!

If you can think of anything a group of around 40 high school students could do in order to achieve this goal i would i love to hear it. We have a ton of idea's bouncing around right now and the student's are genuinely excited to get this going. As always appreciate the help guys!

Dub

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular

As Judge-Z's Santa last year, I have to add my vote of concurrence as well.

It'll be tough to stalk you, but you've got a Steam profile, and people can check out your previous Santa and Santee posts to get some ideas...

And as your last Santa I also agree!

You have my axe!

• Options
    NackmatholnNackmatholn Registered User regular
    WillyDub wrote: »

I'm a school teacher (Cisco Academy and CompTia A+ in Cuyahoga Falls, OH.) and every year i have my students do some kind of community service project. This year it occurred to me that Child's Play would be perfect for them! Our goal is to raise $1000 by the end of December and i'm here to solicit ideas!

If you can think of anything a group of around 40 high school students could do in order to achieve this goal i would i love to hear it. We have a ton of idea's bouncing around right now and the student's are genuinely excited to get this going. As always appreciate the help guys!

Dub

How about something along the lines of an Extra Life (http://www.extra-life.org/) marathon, but targeting Child's Play instead of Children's Miracle Network? Essentially people would sponsor your students to marathon through games for x dollars over x hours instead of a walk or something (Though if they are down for walking too, you could do that).

camo_sig2.png PSN - Nackmatholn
  • Options

Dub

How about something along the lines of an Extra Life (http://www.extra-life.org/) marathon, but targeting Child's Play instead of Children's Miracle Network? Essentially people would sponsor your students to marathon through games for x dollars over x hours instead of a walk or something (Though if they are down for walking too, you could do that).

I thought about something like this, but depending on the parents/school, I can see people having an issue with the whole 'encourage children to play videogames for long periods of times'. Even if it's for charity.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Make yourself go through it and if the children want to show up they can.

e: I swear to God I'm losing my ability to spell.

urahonky on
  • Options

Dub

I thought about something like this, but depending on the parents/school, I can see people having an issue with the whole 'encourage children to play videogames for long periods of times'. Even if it's for charity.
    I'd suggest a computer raffle. Build a beastly gaming PC and sell tickets to raffle it off. Seems like it would go well with the whole CompTIA+ thing, doesn't encourage students to game for hours on end and can serve as an actual in class project.

Tricky part would be covering the cost of the PC components +$1000 for a donation. You'd really need 1)a monster of a computer to attract attention and 2) enough advertising or word of mouth to attract ticket purchasers.

With 40 students, building one machine would leave most of the class twiddling thumbs for the duration. Maybe split them into groups and build 4 machines for the raffle?

You could let some of the more artistically inclined students decorate the case(s).
    Additionally, most stores that sell PC hardware probably have some kind of student/educator discount that you could use. If you have any local retailers (as opposed to chain stores) you could ask if they'd sponsor you with components.

• Options
    WillyDubWillyDub Registered User regular
    Best idea we have come up with thus far: In a high school with close to 1400 students, we are going to try and get a video game donation day going. Students can bring in there old video games and donate them entering themselves into a raffle for a $100 Gamestop card. I have an e-mail into the local gamestop whom is willing to not take there over the top cut when we trade the games in.

I love the idea of the students streaming a game but then we run into a ton of red tape about the students on camera etc. etc. All it would take is for one student to flip out and toss a controller start cursing etc. etc. to put a damper on the whole thing =)

steam_sig.png
  • Options

One of the years I sent my Santee a penis shaped lollipop.

You know, now that I think about it, he never did report on how it tasted...

• Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014

One of the years I sent my Santee a penis shaped lollipop.

You know, now that I think about it, he never did report on how it tasted...
    How would he have been able to, it didn't go in his mouth?

tumblr_miugooKRvq1qgr0mro1_400.gif

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I can't wait for this! Literally, can't wait. Already got stuff lined up. Santee gon' be celebrating early this year!

• Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I have a child this year, so dear Santa, feel free to buy something for a 2 year old girl rather than a 32 year old man-child if you like :)

Also for anyone who gets @Big Classy I live relatively close and could quite literally stalk him for you.

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    I have a child this year, so dear Santa, feel free to buy something for a 2 year old girl rather than a 32 year old man-child if you like :)

YOU GOT THROUGH? OH MY GOD. I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS!!!!!!

• Options
    wait... gimme a second to math...

Did you adopt? That's awesome! All the excitement! Having been on the less, uhh, exciting side of that, you're a hero to me!

• Options
    DaxterMaxDaxterMax Registered User regular
    I've been tempted to sign up this year but things are going to be a bit up in the air over the next few weeks and Christmas always gets a bit crazy.
    I will try my best for next year.

Steam | DaxterMax | Youtube
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Also for anyone who gets @Big Classy I live relatively close and could quite literally stalk him for you.
    He actually can't since Big Classy lives in a gated community with the best guard bots money can buy.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    Grinch, that's so great! What do 2 year-old girls like? Power tools, right?

4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    Grinch, that's so great! What do 2 year-old girls like? Power tools, right?

Who doesn't love power tools?

• Options

I would say I could do the same for whoever gets you, but I can't travel that far yet :(

Or, maybe, if I get you that will be my gift!
    No, no it won't, I'm too terrified of that

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Well, I'm throwing my hat into the ring, as well. Figured that I may as well try my gift-bombing skills in real life instead of just keeping them limited to Steam. This ought to be interesting...

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    He actually can't since Big Classy lives in a gated community with the best guard bots money can buy.

Man, That is classy.

• Options

Man, That is classy.

They even sprang for the top hats and monocles for their guard bots.
    Damned impressive.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

Man, That is classy.

They even sprang for the top hats and monocles for their guard bots.
    Damned impressive.

So the game "Sir You Are Being Hunted" is all at Big Classy's whim?

• Options
    That's right. Just because I can't travel and hunt, doesn't mean I can't use my minions to do it.

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Signed up! :) Woot!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    IT's very close to BEGINningS

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00