As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

BADA BOOM! REALEST WRESTLING THREAD IN THE ROOM!

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    And it just got dumb.

What, the little projected image thing? So what.

• Options
    SarcasmoBlasterSarcasmoBlaster Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    I don't really like the ending. Part of this is the problem with putting HIAC as a yearly PPV, and it's part of the thing that has caused it to lose almost all of the luster it once had. HIAC matches should be feud enders. Period. Two men go in and the better man comes out. When you treat it as just another PPV match, something to introduce new feuds, it just kills it.

Still, and I may be in the minority here, but I love dumb supernatural shit in wrestling. I don't know why. I just don't like it here, at this PPV, in this match.

• Options
    zllehszllehs Hiding in a box, waiting to strike.Registered User regular
    IMO they are the two most promising young talents in the WWE right now (Dean and Bray) And this will be great

FAR greater than that mini Bray Roman feud.

• Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    And it just got dumb.

Yes, the projected image thing. That was Warrior-in-the-mirror level bad.

Which is kind of a shame, because without that, it would have actually been pretty awesome. That was just a bridge too far.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    You guys are seriously missing the point here.

Dean Ambrose.

Vs Bray Wyatt.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    It should've gone black after the cumb stomp, Bray leaves the cage with both men unconscious

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular

Dean Ambrose.

Vs Bray Wyatt.

Without Harper or Rowan either, which is probably for the best.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    And it just got dumb.

Yes, the projected image thing. That was Warrior-in-the-mirror level bad.

Which is kind of a shame, because without that, it would have actually been pretty awesome. That was just a bridge too far.

Get over it. It was awesome.

• Options
    Well that was a thumbs up overall I must say.

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    I am perfectly okay with that ending.

shame about Cena tho

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Not sure if you saw this, but Vince continues to be a dick to JR:

EDIT to add that the WWE Network schedule called for a post show fallout but it didn't happen :C

Goose! on
  • Options
    CorporateRedCorporateRed Wooooooo! Registered User regular
    I'm excited for Bray/Dean, but I don't like that ending. The feud should have had a decisive ending in the cell. Wyatt could have attacked while Dean celebrated.

All in all, I think it was a pretty good show.

Steam ID: Corporate Red
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    First HiaC ended with interference.

Course, not too many liked it back then either.

• Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular

Dean Ambrose.

Vs Bray Wyatt.

Yeah, that is going to be an awesome feud. I'm just saying, they overplayed their hand there.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    I'm excited for Bray/Dean, but I don't like that ending. The feud should have had a decisive ending in the cell. Wyatt could have attacked while Dean celebrated.

All in all, I think it was a pretty good show.

They didn't want Seth to lose.

• Options
    All this means is we can get a Dean/Rollins rematch at Mania

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    I don't really like the ending. Part of this is the problem with putting HIAC as a yearly PPV, and it's part of the thing that has caused it to lose almost all of the luster it once had. HIAC matches should be feud enders. Period. Two men go in and the better man comes out. When you treat it as just another PPV match, something to introduce new feuds, it just kills it.

Still, and I may be in the minority here, but I love dumb supernatural shit in wrestling. I don't know why. I just don't like it here, at this PPV, in this match.

This.

And the thing with Wyatt, and it's probably more the WWE's fault than his, is that his feuds have consistently become diminishing returns. I'm sure we'll get some good promos and matches out of this, but it's not starting great with whatever that hologram thing was.

• Options
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    that fucking RULED

• Options
    noir_blood wrote: »

This.

And the thing with Wyatt, and it's probably more the WWE's fault than his, is that his feuds have consistently become diminishing returns. I'm sure we'll get some good promos and matches out of this, but it's not starting great with whatever that hologram thing was.

They haven't gone overboard with the supernatural stuff yet. They might of course but it just started.

• Options
    zllehszllehs Hiding in a box, waiting to strike.Registered User regular

And I usually hate that stupid supernatural stuff but i had no problem with it there

Might have something to do with how they have been pumping up bray and the Wyatts these past few weeks

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    I thought the match was kind of bad. Didn't have enough actual wrestling in it and the hardcore spots (outside of the fall into the table) wasn't great.

I honestly liked Cena and Orton better.

The Wyatt stuff was silly but I liked it because I'm a dirty mark for Bray.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    I went from bothered by that ending to okay with it. It gives Dean a reason to move on from Seth, while still leaving the door open for them to come back to one another later.

• Options
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    I went from bothered by that ending to okay with it. It gives Dean a reason to move on from Seth, while still leaving the door open for them to come back to one another later.

This as well. They just have so much damn chemistry together.

• Options
    maybe you guys are just mad because you got fuckin spooked by spooky fog and spooky ghosts

• Options
    [Wrestling] Spooky Scary Suplexes

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    First HiaC ended with interference.

Course, not too many liked it back then either.

Actually now that you mention it, that was nearly a pitch perfect replay of Badd Blood, right down to Seth snatching a desperation pin on Dean and GTFO'ing.

• Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    I liked everything about that last fight pretty much from start to finish. Especially Seth's reaction when coming out to the ring and seeing Dean already on top of the cell.

• Options
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »

I agree with that. I could see Ambrose and Wyatt feuding through the Rumble, and then the feud with Rollins reigniting for Mania.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    i really wanted a reaction image of kane being pissed off that bray stole his shtick

• Options
    Hullis wrote: »
    maybe you guys are just mad because you got fuckin spooked by spooky fog and spooky ghosts

No, I was spooked by the spooky chants and the spooky blackout. The fog and ghosts just made me roll my eyes.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    SarcasmoBlasterSarcasmoBlaster Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    I will give WWE creative some credit here. They recognized that Bray Wyatt was sort of flailing and losing steam, so instead of just putting him in a dumb "you win, then I win, then you win, then I win" lateral booking feud with someone like Dolph Ziggler, they took him off TV, took the time to rebuild him with hype videos, and then reintroduced him in a big moment. I didn't like that it was done here, but with the way WWE has booked in the past, dude could've easily been relegated to matches against Jack Swagger on Main Event.

• Options
    MrDapper wrote: »
    I thought the match was kind of bad. Didn't have enough actual wrestling in it and the hardcore spots (outside of the fall into the table) wasn't great.

I honestly liked Cena and Orton better.

The Wyatt stuff was silly but I liked it because I'm a dirty mark for Bray.

Cena/Orton was great. But Seth/Dean had so much emotion and drama attached to it. They didn't have to do that much to get the crowd behind them.

• Options

also let me sidetrack myself for a second here to address this pay per view in general

Hell In A Cell matches can be cool

There has never been a great Hell in a Cell match at the Hell in a Cell Pay Per View (think about your favorites for a second and figure out where they came from)

it IS just another pay per view match, a contractual obligation

whereas when it shows up in OTHER pay per views, you know it fucking means something

is that the way it should be? prooooobably not, but it's symptomatic of gimmick pay per views in general

• Options

No, I was spooked by the spooky chants and the spooky blackout. The fog and ghosts just made me roll my eyes.

it was so spooky you were possessed by a demon!!!!!!!!!

• Options

it was so spooky you were possessed by a demon!!!!!!!!!

OK, you win. That was the best possible response.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    With that ending I'm bummed there was no post-show. I also want to see fall-out from the other matches. Paige yelling about how she doesn't need Alicia Fox, Cesaro yelling about Dolph having an unfair advantage because of his arm, Miz yelling about whatever while Mizdow pretends to do the same.

• Options
    it's gonna be fine, guys

tomorrow the ascension debuts in order to set up Team Wyatt vs Team Dean at SvS

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    I will give WWE creative some credit here. They recognized that Bray Wyatt was sort of flailing and losing steam, so instead of just putting him in a dumb "you win, then I win, then you win, then I win" lateral booking feud with someone like Dolph Ziggler, they took him off TV, took the time to rebuild him with hype videos, and then reintroduced him in a big moment. I didn't like that it was done here, but with the way WWE has booked in the past, dude could've easily been relegated to matches against Jack Swagger on Main Event.

I'm pretty much in agreement with everything you've said.

I understand not wanting to mark an official "end" to the hottest feud they have going, but it wouldn't have been hard to give Dean temporary victory in the feud and still move into a feud with Bray (which should be awesome). It's not like his and Seth's paths won't cross again later either way.

It's not as egregious in this case because Dean/Seth is consistently amazing, and they're both still fresh faces, but this whole "never having decisive ends to feuds" booking style is what leads to Cena and Orton wrestling so many fucking times.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    And I'm not trying to take anything away from Cena and Orton, who put on a really good match!

It's just.. stale.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
This discussion has been closed.