As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MMA]"Who's knocking on my door like the police?"

• Options
    peacekeeperpeacekeeper AustraliaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Chessboxing909Chessboxing909 Registered User regular
    It's okay they know how to revive him, he'll recover quick.

https://youtu.be/cq92gDny-dE

"I will f**kin' beat you into the ground in front of your whole life that I don't get to have." -Nick Diaz

I love south american ground karate
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    It's okay they know how to revive him, he'll recover quick.

https://youtu.be/cq92gDny-dE

i. . .

what?!

Choice youtube comments:

"At last, a Youtube video with a happy ending."

and

"Did he buy that dinner before the fight or something?"

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    There's worse ways to be woken up after being knocked out.

• Options
    maybe it's a secret fetish club

like the best orgasm is one that brings you back to consciousness.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    maybe this now an awkward thread

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    To combat the awkwardness, I updated the OP.

Go and be amazed.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Dude fantastic haha

"I will f**kin' beat you into the ground in front of your whole life that I don't get to have." -Nick Diaz

• Options
    it's a good op

my favorite is that you said Dillybar

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DangerbirdDangerbird Registered User regular

I gotta say, Judo is probably one of the most deadly martial arts when it comes to street fighting.

You could very well kill somebody by tossing them on their head onto the concrete.

• Options
    Really cool triangle by Rony Jason.
    Dangerbird wrote: »

I gotta say, Judo is probably one of the most deadly martial arts when it comes to street fighting.

You could very well kill somebody by tossing them on their head onto the concrete.

I've talked to a lot of people that have used judo trips in self defense situation just kinda dropping the guy on his ass and walking away. Really useful though the real good judo seems rare sometimes. There's a local guy that trains with a new guy in our Thai boxing program who's trying out for the Olympic team, hoping I can work with him at some point, smooth judo is just beautiful and fun, shitty judo is ugly and painful as hell.

• Options
    That knockout just now by Darren Till was a great example of how that knee shield sort of guard that works really well in gi fails hard in MMA

• Options
    Oliveira vs Lentz was pretty awesome though man, Oliveira is a WAY bigger dude, they look like different weight classes.

• Options
    DUDE Condit's elbow's are SCARY. Shame about the stop but wow

• Options
    Damn, I missed the fight. Gotta look up some gif highlights or something.

I think its safe to say that with GSP out of the picture at Welterweight, Condit is my favorite guy in that division.

His style is just relentless aggression. I want to see him fight Woodley again and avenge that bs loss.

• Options
    Say what you want, Woodley landed heavy shots. He lunges like a goddamn fencer. I want that rematch to happen though.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    Yeah, Condit was taking heavy shots to the head, but I was sensing a momentum shift right before his knee exploded and ended the fight prematurely.

• Options
    peacekeeperpeacekeeper AustraliaRegistered User regular
    apparently rockhold is next up for weidman

super excited for that, they're both so good

• Options
    SnarfmasterSnarfmaster Registered User regular
    I like them both, I'll be sad when Weidman crushes him.

• Options
    Ankle got snapped. MRI's today or tomorrow. High level blackbelt got frustrated and decided to toe hold me and give it that little extra rev they do when they REALLY like you.

• Options
    Ankle got snapped. MRI's today or tomorrow. High level blackbelt got frustrated and decided to toe hold me and give it that little extra rev they do when they REALLY like you.

ughh that is such a dumb thing to happen. sorry about that chess. there's no excuse for that sort of stuff.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

ughh that is such a dumb thing to happen. sorry about that chess. there's no excuse for that sort of stuff.

Yeah hopefully it's good news from the MRI we'll see. It's pretty ridiculous to have a black belt with 20+ years experience who has somewhere in the range of 30-40 lbs on me do this kinda thing, especially since I roll very defensively most of the time. I have two instructors at my place, one I'd do about anything for because he's my buddy as well as my coach and then another that's kind of a holier than thou d-bag.

• Options
    Damn Chess, you get injured more often than Anthony Pettis and Cain Velasquez combined.

But in all seriousness, get well soon dude. That and maybe find another gym?

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Dangerbird wrote: »
    Damn Chess, you get injured more often than Anthony Pettis and Cain Velasquez combined.

But in all seriousness, get well soon dude. That and maybe find another gym?

Yeah really considering a new place but options are limited around here. And yeah I roll something like 5 days a week and I never turn down someone that asks me to roll even when I know they do stupid ass things so I get a lot of this.

Chessboxing909 on

• Options
    krapst78krapst78 Registered User regular
    Dang, sorry to hear about your ankle. Hope you get well soon Chess.

Hello! My name is Inigo Montoya! You killed my father prepare to die!
    Looking for a Hardcore Fantasy Extraction Shooter? - Dark and Darker
  • Options
    krapst78 wrote: »
    Dang, sorry to hear about your ankle. Hope you get well soon Chess.

Appreciate it buddy. Hopefully MRI is good news, we'll see. I'm not overly optimistic but I've come back from a LOT of injuries.

Gus vs DC is a terrible match up, I can't see how Gus has a shot at beating DC with his skill set.

• Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    That's super lame news chess. Welcome to the sit out club. It's pretty insane that you have blackbelts regularly torquing joint locks on you. Is there anyone you can go to to have a word with them? What with them being a club blackbelt it might be difficult though...

• Options
    Chess, that's too many toeholds gone wrong, man. Time for a sit down with the black belts. You shouldn't have to sacrifice your health for martial arts instruction and they need to hear it. I don't know your situation, but that's what I feel is right. Get well and take care.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    There's a much larger story that this all fits into dealing with gym politics, the rift between traditionalist guys and guys looking to just learn everything and dealing with a very shady former UFC fighter who runs the head gym we're an affiliate of but I'll skip all that here. My gym's general rule ((as dumb as I think it is)) is no footlocks whatsoever but that goes out the window when a lot of higher belts feel threatened. Since footlocks aren't really taught we get left to figure them out on our own which of course makes them much more dangerous in some cases. Here I didn't know how to properly defend or react to a toe hold because while I've studied heel hooks, calf cranks, knee bars and straight ankles a LOT toe holds I just don't know very well and have little experience with, and this guy decided to forget about my safety and just really go after it. Now he may not have heard when I yelped after the first two pops and he didnt realize he was doing damage until the loud tearing sound but....well I certainly think he knew the damage he was doing. I also can't think it's a coincidence that he injured me here when I'm the '10th planet guy' in the gym who pushes our guys to train outside of the fundamental curriculum that this particular instructor claims is all we need. I will say though I'll be avoiding working with the guy at all in the future and he sort of proved me right with a lot of things I already kind of suspected with him with the way he handled this.

• Options
    ButcherButcher Registered User regular
    Are they fucking kidding with DC vs. Gus? Gus is going to die.

• Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    I mean, Gus is a high level lhw. Somebody has to be first up.

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    Mulletude wrote: »
    I mean, Gus is a high level lhw. Somebody has to be first up.

It's just a bummer man, I want to see Gus do well and win the title and man, DC seems like a horrible match up stylistically for him. That 205 division is wide open with Jones gone, DC and Rumble are a good bit above everyone except Gus and Gus stylistically doesn't match up great with either of them. I think some of the top 185'rs could probably go up to 205 and be ranked top 5 in a year.

• Options
    Tonight's card has some cool fights on it, very excited for Rothwell Poirier and Ebersole. I've never been a huge Hendo guy but that should be a great fight. A buddy of mine has been training with Rothwell at his gym and has had a lot of really good stuff to say about the guy so it's got me really rooting for him to do well. Thinking more about that 205 division, it's so open are there any prospects coming up I may be missing? That divisions easily the weakest in UFC not counting women's divisions right now.

• Options
    edited June 2015
    opsina.jpg

Good fights tonight for free!

Morales vs Quinonez: Morales came in five pounds overweight and Quinonez has rocked a sick mustache in the past.

Abreu vs Collier: I don't know who these dudes are. I think I saw Collier lose once before.

Edwards vs Proctor: Some TUF alum from years ago, with two guys who did mediocre (lost early) in the show, but kept up a decent performance in the UFC and stuck around. Edwards has been injured a bunch in the past, but I like his speed and technique to overwhelm Proctor in the first and go for the finish (choke) in the second. A lot of people have the odds way, way big in Proctor's favor, but it's just because he has won more fights in the octagon (against b-league dudes). I think Edwards' win over Neer is a bigger deal than Proctor's win over...Marcello? Justin Salas? Meh.

Akhmedov vs Ebersole: Ebersole is awesome and weird and someday he will actually use his Muay Thai skills to decapitate someone in the ring; hopefully he doesn't just lay on (or get laid on by) Akhmedov. Ebersole is a really cool dude and this is his 70th career fight!

Jordan vs Lewis: Who gets hit first loses. I think Jordan seems cool in interviews.

Caceres vs Rivera: Bruce Leroy is a very unpredictable fighter and also one whose skill is unpredictable on fight night. I think he has gotten insanely better than his silly stint on TUF and put in a good losing effort against Faber. I think Caceres has fun and we get a scary split decision.

Soto vs Birchak: Soto gon' Soto.

Ortega vs Tavares: Did Tavares' opponent get injured and Ortega is a last-minute replacement? I hope so, because otherwise this matchup doesn't make any sense.

Medeiros vs Porier: I think Yancy has shown a lot of promise and growth in his time in the UFC. I think Porier has looked worse and worse as the years continue on. I think this will be Medeiros' big break.

Mitrione vs Rothwell: Big Ben is great at being a tough sob. Mitrione is great at everything else.

Boetsch vs Hendo: Hendoooooooooo

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    1-2 on my picks so far. Come on, Ebersole!

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Ebersole's knee gets injured and he throws in the towel. I'm bummed, but it's good to see a fighter know when he's done.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Disappointing night for my picks.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    wow... that is a lot of blood

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    Not sure I could have been more wrong about Tavares/Ortega. Jeez

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Never making picks again

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg