As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TF2 thread] Want to make BahamutZERO angry? Then use a JOHN CENA!

• Options
    Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    E1A28AA6FC1F55FF96A4A3C9DE12FAD6E5422DED

• Options
    MyNameIsWalrusMyNameIsWalrus Registered User regular
    3A7E65A2F4786D2D9DB102060B380FCCDD258D4B

• Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    Sorry for so much koth tonight. Wasn't paying attention, I guess.

I was kind of out of it anyway. Wasn't feeling TF2.

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    After never really being in screenshots, I am getting all sorts of paparazzi action going on

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »
    After never really being in screenshots, I am getting all sorts of paparazzi action going on

79E3D7019DAD87BD078D70F8845C001E60B7ADF0

You'll have to trust me that it's you.

• Options
    I roll reserve shooter or bust

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    huh I had no idea it saved metadata about screenshots uploaded to the cloud like other players in the shot, that's cool

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    huh I had no idea it saved metadata about screenshots uploaded to the cloud like other players in the shot, that's cool

It also says what map it was taken on. Not a whole lot of games implement it.

• Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    Setting it up on a cliff is hilarious.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular

I hate griefing groups like this.
    A lot of them say that they're just trying to show exploits so Valve will fix them. Yeah, but you're doing that by trying to ruin the game for a bunch of random people.

• Options
    they're just doing it to make videos to put on youtube and get views, not out of any sort of noble intent to expose exploits so they can be fixed.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    That same group exploited the shit out of snowplow on its first public release, unrelentingly griefing everyone on the official tf2maps server and giving everyone there a terrible first impression of the map, and then made a video on it claiming to be helping test. They never even remotely made an effort to contact the mappers (despite the feedback plugin set up on the server) and forced the mappers to rush like crazy to fix the map (right after crunching to do the public release) because everyone started copying the video the same day it released.

Fuck those griefing groups.

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    they're just doing it to make videos to put on youtube and get views, not out of any sort of noble intent to expose exploits so they can be fixed.

My bad. That tends to be the excuse other groups and/or their defenders tend to use.

• Options
    I know, I was agreeing with you that people use that excuse, and that they're full of shit.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
    UEAKCrash wrote: »
    That same group exploited the shit out of snowplow on its first public release, unrelentingly griefing everyone on the official tf2maps server and giving everyone there a terrible first impression of the map, and then made a video on it claiming to be helping test. They never even remotely made an effort to contact the mappers (despite the feedback plugin set up on the server) and forced the mappers to rush like crazy to fix the map (right after crunching to do the public release) because everyone started copying the video the same day it released.

I remember one of those videos dropping... thought it was Delfy though (who absolutely is out there to grief, same difference though). In a map like snowplow, made by tf2-community mappers, not sending the info to the map developers is a dick thing, for sure.

On a valve map, where the exploit/bug has existed for a few years and has been reported countless times... I have less sympathy. I'm not saying that everyone should rush out and put a teleporter on the deathpit in frontier (seriously, still votekick the guy that does that), but there's more of a problem in that they've allowed a known problem to exist for as long as it has (same thing with the upward tele-traps).

• Options
    A little bit of griefing is always hilarious. If you can't see the comedy value of dudes teleporting in and getting knocked into a pit by a sentry gun, well I'm not sure the internet is the place for you.

A new server is a few clicks away if it's that annoying, Valve's got hundreds of the things out there.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    xzzy wrote: »
    A little bit of griefing is always hilarious. If you can't see the comedy value of dudes teleporting in and getting knocked into a pit by a sentry gun, well I'm not sure the internet is the place for you.

A new server is a few clicks away if it's that annoying, Valve's got hundreds of the things out there.

Nope fuck that.

Being a dick is being a dick, doesn't matter how easy or not it is to avoid those people's dickishness.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    It depends on the crowd and how it's pulled off, there is comedy to somebody cluelessly being tossed off a cliff

inflicting it on a random public server is just mean though

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Yeah. If a regular did that on our server we'd probably have a good laugh, Crash would toggle drugs on them, and we'd go about our evening.

But don't do that shit in a pub server, and definitely don't pretend like it's the other people that you're greifing that are the problem.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    UEAKCrash wrote: »

I remember one of those videos dropping... thought it was Delfy though (who absolutely is out there to grief, same difference though). In a map like snowplow, made by tf2-community mappers, not sending the info to the map developers is a dick thing, for sure.

On a valve map, where the exploit/bug has existed for a few years and has been reported countless times... I have less sympathy. I'm not saying that everyone should rush out and put a teleporter on the deathpit in frontier (seriously, still votekick the guy that does that), but there's more of a problem in that they've allowed a known problem to exist for as long as it has (same thing with the upward tele-traps).

Yeah you're right. I mixed up the groups. It was Delfy. Open Griefing has caused some crap it the past on the TF2Maps server so it was easy to confuse.

• Options
    Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
    I used to drop an exit without an entrance into trap areas when playing as an asshole engie (wouldn't do anything, just sitting there inactive)... Occasionally I'd forget that I built that exit and plop an entrance down outside of spawn, so that I could help out the team... heh, whoops

Griefing is pretty subjective though. Some people will get upset about using well protected roofs or rocks (sometimes even poorly clipped ledges), but really, I think it comes down to a coordinated or thought out effort to play like an asshole. Griefing and hacking are pretty interchangeable to me in that regards.

OCCASIONALLY, things that can and should be considered griefing are funny.... like a teleporter into a deathpit where you nudge tunnel vision snipers/heavies onto the entrance. Just remember that it's a cartoony hat-centric game and that should never be taken too seriously

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Grargle bargle MechWarrior online is currently reinforcing my hatred of "arena mode" stuff.

It's really hard to learn the ins and outs of a game when you only play for 3 minutes out of every 14 or so.

Fuck I miss arcadey mech games. But the only way to make money with mech games anymore is to capture the hard core sim crowd, and that aint me.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    I feel like the time to post this again...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPb4oryoRMw

• Options
    Fine, then I'm posting this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YrrAroK6bI

• Options
    It's always time for fingertips.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    I always liked this one

https://youtu.be/bvPBN3PNnbw

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    I wanted to link the dubstep phlog video because it is my very favourite but it is private now.

Thanks, Obama.

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Reposting SFM videos?

https://youtu.be/zyFQ0SWPrRk

• Options
    That was my "entry" to the very first Saxxy contest, for the record.

Guess what, it didn't win. But I still like it.

• Options
    The Muselk effect:
    2015-04-22_03-11-37.jpg
    Alt title:
    The effects of self promotion

• Options
    yeah look at all those empty servers :tell_me_more:

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Well it was like 3am, but for a custom map, that's petty good.

• Options
    Muselk did a zombie mod thing and ended up on Trainsawlaser again:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX4D1n1ZDMU

@ about 6min

• Options
    Hopefully going to have a new version of Probed up for tonight. There was another map someone from TF2maps asked me to have you guys test, too. We're becoming a useful source of quality play and feedback. Woot.

• Options
    Yay being useful!

X22wmuF.jpg
This discussion has been closed.