As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Terra Series dead for now, [Fantasian] looking like an actual game though

• Options
    TalithTalith ๅค‰ๆ…‹ใจใ„ใ†ๅใฎ็ดณๅฃซ Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Here are the skills and stories for the Pupro (S archer) and Bajanna (SS lancer).

Bajanna has a new skill Coin Bonus that apparently gives cash for combos but the specifics aren't known yet.

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Is coin bonus going in the coin gacha?

38thDoE on steam
    ๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€

• Options
    Kick_04Kick_04 Registered User regular
    Looking at the stats and info on Odin. I want him to drop Samatha out of my spear team.

Would do lvl 20 job 1, lvl 65 job 2, lvl 70 job 3.... the attack +5% adjacent won't boost his own attack (similar to Suoh for 'love thy neighbor').

PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
  • Options
    Is coin bonus going in the coin gacha?

We can only hope.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Considering I was JUST lamenting my lack of spear people, I really need to level up to where I can do at least the lowest tier Odin.

• Options
    Looks like the Odin boss fight is going to have plenty of vertical and cross physical damage with knockbacks (typical for spear bosses), demoralize, bombs (10% hp), and since it is Odin he has Zantetsuso, which is going to cut your health to a specific amount and also he has Life drain, which sucks up your teams HP, leaving them all at 1 and healing Odin.

Apparently he also has 90% elemental resistance, so he wants you to come at him with physical weapon users where he wants to beat your ass in glorious combat.

He is also a Divine Beast, so chances are Grace's Beast Defense buster might not work.

Sounds like a Job for Snaip and other heavy physical bow users, combined with 2 healers or a lot of regen.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Might need to foce myself to grind 20-1 more to be able to get augment circle for spear users. I don't have much in the way of bow users (Grace/Suoh).

I was thinking of going in with a team of Suoh, Ma'Curi, A'misandra, Bahamut, Sheena, Zafitte.

Might need to drop Bahamut for Kem & drop Zafitte or Sheena for Djugan

PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
  • Options
    dp2m2fri6nay.jpg

Bajunna's bomb spawns a bomb in a random location that deals 30% health damage. Her coin ability works like the bonus xp chain multiplier (10%, 20%...)

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Assuming Odin's 0% skill trigger debuff is in fact demoralize(it's not labeled a demoralize, it's labeled as "Impair Skills: BOOST-100%, area(1) enemies for 3 turns"), Zeera might be the support of choice for the boss fight as she has demoralize immunity and Espirit de Corps.

I'm not lucky enough to have rolled her (really wanted her money bags), so I'm looking at a heavy archer and healer team. I've got to level up Pahrl from scratch, but I've got Grace and Snaip ready. Kuscah and Eileen as well. That leaves the last slot... I could just try and muscle through with Ma'Curi, or try and play defensive with another source of healing / regen. Palpa might actually be able to provide that as she has espirit de corps and two regen skills... but that means unlocking her jobs and leveling her up...

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Talith wrote: ยป
    Palpa might actually be able to provide that as she has espirit de corps and two regen skills... but that means unlocking her jobs and leveling her up...

Gross

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Finally got Zerro to 100% boost. Yeah I guess? (makes me feel like I'm wasting a slot now.)

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    ConstrictorConstrictor The Dork Knight SuburbialandRegistered User regular
    How does boost work?

If I have a 30% proc rate skill and get 70% boost do I now proc the skill every time? Or do I proc the skill 51% of the time?

• Options
    100% of the time.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    I wonder if Korin's sword buff counters Odin's 0% skill trigger debuff

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    It might very well be a -100% trigger buff instead of demoralize, which sets it at 0. If that is the case then potentially a maxed unit would have base % roll chances on their skills, so % proc buffs should work.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Hm the description says -100% boost, which might really just be the boost%
    In either case, Korin or any other character with desperate measures might be perfect for this boss fight. Also anyone with chain evasive arts / fancy footwork

urquanlord88.png
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Korin wouldn't be great, cause of Rock Paper Scissors. On second thought, if you can keep him alive, he could be even better than Pahrl. I assume Desperate Measures is a passive skill? It doesn't really say in the description.

Orphane on
  • Options
    Motherfuck that 10-10 boss

Just spent like a half hour on it before looking up the trick and now it turns out I have to go level Bagunar

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Well, first time clearing 10-10

19Bjvv5.jpg

Maddoc on
  • Options
    Yeah, Time Devourer is pretty nasty. The first time I did it Ba'gunar died early and I was like "welp", but it's possible to brute force him even when he gets to Devour Time. Still, the way lightning damage completely trivializes him is pretty silly. Grats on the gungnir though!

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Odin is live for past 40 minutes.

The monsters in the dungeon have crazy high magic defense.

Odin on hardest difficulty is really hard, got killed him on. He spawns support on a set timer, doesn't matter if you kill off the others or not. His Z skill slashes everyone to 1 health and spawns 5 bombs on a 1 turn timer. He also has a spell where he will drain all your health and heal himself (A'misandra skill will not prevent his healing). The wolves will demoralize your monsters so they are reduced to 1 attack.

With a level 70 team, I had no problems killing the middle difficulty dungeon twice, no drop yet.

Kick_04 on
    PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
  • Options
    Hmm I thought it was Odin. Who's this odrin chap?

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Yeah on the dungeon list it is Odrin in the text of reading it is Odin, on his info page it is Odin.

PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
  • Options
    Well, looks like the game is listening.

After bitching both that I have no good spear people, and that my only lightning person was Ba'gunar.

Just pulled Samantha tonight.

• Options
    Both characters are PoT exclusive. :cry:

It's going to stuck when the next PoF character is that fish monstrocity and Hellraiser mage by the Jaguna artist. I'm not surprised at all they haven't made any mention about them yet, it would be really hard to encourage more downloads when those are the rewards.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Oh, go on, @Talith.

Show us these monstrosities (again)/

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    Well I am all for sharing misery so:

Ve'Rudi the Abomination
    G2WcmpR.jpg
    xJVY4Fv.jpg
    NFsxSyn.jpg

Meylia the Fiery-Eyed
    GNHHhoZ.png
    YOr4jKD.png

Ban-Dejas
    Viscount O'eyl
    VV2pVsc.png

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Well I'd advise against traveling to Innsmouth @Talith

edit: I wonder if this is a sign that mistwalker feels mages are too powerful and all dungeons will have absurd magic defense so as to make them worthless.

edit edit: Sharkhorse is mine. 3rd time on medium.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam

• Options
    This morning has been good for me in this game, for the most part.

My first run on Ordin Evolved (5th overall) I got Odin to drop.
    My second run on Ordin Evolved I got the Amethyst Flame to drop.
    My first run on Ordin Ultra (2nd overall) I got Rune to drop.

On Ultra I had to quit and restart the boss battle about 10 times, but finally was able to get myself to move my characters to set up double pincer attacks every turn with a PP. It was the very last turn that I killed him on my last pincer, before he was going to use life drain. Now I just need 1 damn Orichalcum to evolve him to 2nd job.

Team was
    Screenshot_2014-12-19-10-48-42_zpsrwysq2jz.png
    Screenshot_2014-12-19-10-48-48_zpslmqb7xtv.png

PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I'm still here farming coins since it is Friday, meaning it is the weekend somewhere. I'll take team silver through Odin on Monday.

Also, it seems the starwhip method still works, so you can still perform a 2 turn kill with magic damage.

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Oh I forgot that its the weekend on Kiritimati Isla. Guess I should get more coins.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    edited December 2014
    That sadness when you pull a gold from Pact of Truth and it's a dupe SS :(

I mean, you get a greater benefit from a dupe pull than if it were an A or B rank, but still. Also in other news I have officially pulled every A-rank archer there is after pulling S'naip last night. I just wish I had pulled him before Odin released so I had the extra time to train him vs pulling Metupi or Manmer.

Also ugh, that artwork. It's one thing to have a personal art style, but when it clashes so badly with the main artist for the game, everyone is sad. Also maybe not make these characters awful? I can't think of a single reason you would want friendly fire except to wake sleeping units.

Orphane on
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Oh boy I have only sword users and mages. I managed to overpower "Ordin" evolved/medium difficulty but I think I'm on a loop with Odin Omega because I can't dps him down hard enough and he just heals back.

So Odin is just on the 2nd job for now

EDIT: I guess I should try the Red Starwhip strat or do this legitimately. From the successful videos I've seen, the damage difference for non-bow characters don't seems to be too great. The only issue is that Odin can push one of your teammates into the bomb which is really really dumb.

UrQuanLord88 on
    urquanlord88.png
  • Options
    Looks like they're giving out 5 free energy today

Got Pahrl out of mine, wonder if I can get her leveled up enough quickly to be useful against Odin

• Options
    Well, trying to farm Terra Staffwood and Bowstring from normal-ass missions is going nowhere very slowly.

Looks like I'm resigned to waiting until Wednesday to give anybody else their second jobs.

• Options
    Getting trolled by a Palpa duplicate Pact of Truth pull is like

I don't know

sadder than a clown kid seeing his clown dad getting run over by his clown friend-filled car because he was trying to save the kid's clown dog

• Options
    I had 3 pulls.... dupe Burbaba (3rd overall), dupe Ba'Gunar (2nd overall), Daiana which I am not positive on but I am training her right now.

PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
  • Options
    well after 2 days of trying Odin legitimately, I realize most people who have killed him in Ultra have good non-sword characters. So I finally leveled my red starwhip and it became smooth sailing.

Not very happy how these encounters are structured

urquanlord88.png
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Is there a trick to Odin's higher levels? I honestly haven't tried yet.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Hope to out damage him in the turns before he heal's himself and summons extra monsters. If he heal's himself and/or summons extra monsters becomes very difficult to ever kill him.
    Use red starwhip to reduce his magic defense on first turn to super low and nuke him with some SS mages.

In other news, I went into 20-1 with my mostly all spear team. Was able to get Ma'Curi to hit for 43,997 on a sword monster in the dungeon. On the final boss floor I set up for him & Suoh to be apart a tripple pincer, so after the boss was dead Ma'Curi was sitting at 315 attack, +169 attack, +150% Physical attack. The next round I set up Kem to be part of a double pincer which gave Ma'Curi +5% attack twice. Than Ma'Curi attacked the sword he increased his attack by 10% and 50% physical attack again. Plus the bonus damage from PowerPoint & 20% bonus from sword being weak to spear.
    Can't wait to unlock Augment Circle so the 20% bonus from Circle of Carnage will apply to Bow/Spear monsters also.

Kick_04 on
    PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12