Options

Terra Series dead for now, [Fantasian] looking like an actual game though

TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士Miami, FLRegistered User regular
edited March 2021 in Games and Technology
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9guC7V_Cvdk

Announced for the Apple Arcade:

Fantasian by Mistwalker Corp. — From the creator of Final Fantasy, comes the next breathtaking adventure from industry legend Hironobu Sakaguchi. Fantasian is an exciting, new RPG set against a spectacular backdrop made from over 150 handmade dioramas that blends physical environments and 3D characters.

STORY

The tale begins in a realm governed by machines. Within this multi-dimensional universe, the balance of “Chaos and Order” becomes a key factor in the struggle for these realms and the machinations of the gods who wish to control them. Players will assume the role of protagonist, Leo, who awakens from a massive explosion only to find himself lost in a strange land with only one memory left to him. As players set out on a journey to reclaim Leo’s memories, they will unravel the mysteries of the bizarre mechanical infection slowly engulfing all that is known to mankind. The captivating story is written by Sakaguchi and is complimented by a sweeping soundtrack by celebrated Final Fantasy composer, Nobuo Uematsu.

● New Battle Mechanics

Tapping into his experience from the Final Fantasy franchise, Sakaguchi brings to Fantasian several quality of life improvements to the classic JRPG genre, such as the “Dimengeon Battle” mechanic, which allows players to send previously encountered enemies into a separate dimensional dungeon to streamline combat and maximize uninterrupted exploration of the beautiful locations.

● Hand-Crafted Environments

Each of the 150+ dioramas has been crafted by the masters of the Japanese “Tokusatsu” or special effects industry. Creating Fantasian’s real-life miniature sets are veterans who have worked on projects like the Godzilla films, Attack on Titan, and Ultraman. Fantasian serves as a vehicle to bring these amazing works of art into the digital space via Apple Arcade.

● Legendary Soundtrack

Celebrated composer Nobuo Uematsu, known for his work on the Final Fantasy series and games such as Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon, created a soundtrack to compliment the memorable and magical world of Fantasian from catchy battle tunes to heart-pumping dungeon pieces, and moving character themes.

● Novel Storytelling

To tell an epic story, a ‘novel’ approach was used in the form of a “Memory” system where players encounter and collect various memories, journal entries, and notes presented as miniature in-game novels to flesh out the story, realms, and characters of Fantasian. These bite-sized novels have unique artwork, music, and sound effects to offer players a truly immersive experience.

https://apps.apple.com/app/fantasian/id1517339045?ign-itsct=fantasian&ign-itscg=30800

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePFgyBtvqQU

7244qyoka3pp.gif
Talith on

• Options
    Rhan9Rhan9 Registered User regular
    That's all lovely, but any clue when you can actually play this in the EU?

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Game looks good. I'll give it a shot!

I've loved every Mistwalker game that I've played.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    My original question was posted in the Android thread but I think I figured out why I can't use the code they posted. I'm still using the filthy Canadian early-release version that gives us the C-rank healer for free.

Ah well. I'm deep into Ch.9 and have no interest in rerolling, considering it doesn't seem necessary yet to really have several specialized teams yet to deal with stages like you do with P&D or BF. The 6 I've been running with are doing just fine and individual units get swapped out on a per-rare-summon basis.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    This game looks super nice on the iPad and has some pretty great music so far.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    I'm having fun with it. Music is really, really good.

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Well Nobuo Uematsu is the man behind the music, so if you enjoy his work then this should also be a treat.

Also, I got up to chapter 6 but decided to restart. Originally rolled an SS healer and an S anti-trap type, and while really safe it was also really slow.

This time I rolled two A's and am a lot happier. One's an AoE fire mage and the other apparently is Jigglypuff.

Daiana.png

Her AoE fire is making my life so damn easy. Jigglypuff Eileen puts everything to sleep which I thought was going to be useless like all status effects usually are but this is actually kind of nice.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Theres a fight in a chapter later on with 12 enemies that all sleep, and thats literally ALL they do. They can't even attack if they flank your guys! It's just Sleep Burst 1 all day, er'ry day.

They get lined up for you at the start of the fight, but if you can't take them out in one turn, prepare for a long battle and hope that two of your dudes eventually get a chance to attack.

• Options
    webberwebber Registered User regular
    Fought the metal king for 50k xp. I really like that this game gives you an efficient way to grind for items and xp.

This lucky penny is bullshit.
    Hearthstone - Webber #1330
    3DS: 0920-3235-4071
  • Options
    Theres a fight in a chapter later on with 12 enemies that all sleep, and thats literally ALL they do. They can't even attack if they flank your guys! It's just Sleep Burst 1 all day, er'ry day.

They get lined up for you at the start of the fight, but if you can't take them out in one turn, prepare for a long battle and hope that two of your dudes eventually get a chance to attack.

I know which one you're talking about.

I'm pretty sure that fight is there to tell you "You better take status effects seriously or you will get fucked later on." They don't kill you in your sleep because that would feel cheep but they'll annoy the lesson in to you for now.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    SelnerSelner Registered User regular
    webber wrote: »
    Fought the metal king for 50k xp. I really like that this game gives you an efficient way to grind for items and xp.

Just did the metal king here too. 92k exp total for the fights. Awesome exp. My SS guy is level 14.

• Options
    I think the metal levels are based on the highest level member of the party you bring into it.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    The first metal zone only lets you get exp up to if you're 19 or below. If you happen to do it with a char at 19, they'll get exp into 20 (or 21) but will no longer benefit from it.

Most I've gotten from the first zone is just short of 160k. All metal orbs, no runners plus the Metal King.

• Options
    When you're talking about rolling, are you referring to the first two champions it gives you? I got 2 B's.

• Options
    abotkinabotkin Registered User regular
    Artereis wrote: »
    When you're talking about rolling, are you referring to the first two champions it gives you? I got 2 B's.

Nope. Once you finish the tutorial chapter, you can get your day 1 login bonus, which gives you 5 free energy. You can also go to settings and input the gift code listed at the bottom of the OP for another free 5 energy. Then you go to the tavern and can summon two rare characters, which will get you anything between a B and an SS rank. Quite a few people are rerolling until at least one of those two is an SS rank person.

Note that this can take quite a while if you're unlucky, and may not be the best course of action anyway since SS rank people level up much slower.

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 0963-0539-4405
  • Options
    Everyone gets either Grace (bow) or Dahl (sword) and until Nov 3 Kuscah the healer as well. After that you just get Grace or Dahl plus 3 generic C ranks.

The first rolls are after the first chapter is over, once you can check your mail and collect the energy from it so that you can roll the premium gacha (Pact of Truth). From the PoT you can get B, A, S, and SS rank characters at random. With the code you put in, you get 10 energy, enough for two rolls, and if you don't like your starting rolls then you might opt to restart.

I'd recommend not going crazy trying to get an SS rank, as they take forever to level, aren't much stronger than S or even A, and aren't required to beat the game. This isn't PAD where you might want a specific leader.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Okay, cool. I quit after getting my 11 energy so I guess I'll check that stuff out tomorrow.

*edit* Decided to just run upstairs and check it out. Got an SS mage and an A sword lady. I guess I'll run with that.

Artereis on
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    *reroll reroll reroll*

Best I've gotten so far has been the thunder caster SS, but eh. I'm holding out for a SS Healer.

Rerolling bit From the SA thread on TB.
    REROLLING

Since a newly created account begins with enough Energy to immediately recruit a random character, many players choose to repeatedly create accounts and clear the tutorial until their first free recruitment ("pull"/"Pact") is a particularly strong one. People who have played PaD know exactly what I'm talking about here. If you're not completely sure you're going to stick with this game for a while, it might be worth it to just keep your first pull and then restart once you know you like it, since the early game will go by pretty quickly once you know what you're doing anyway.

Caveat: for a couple reasons, I don't consider rerolling as critical in Terra Battle as it is in PaD. First off, though higher-graded characters are rarer to obtain from a pact, every character in the pact pool is unique to pacts. You will never spend premium currency and get some garbage monster you could farm up in ten minutes just by playing the game. Second, there is no such thing as leader skills in this game, which means that there are no strategies which depend upon owning a specific character. Lastly, the difference between a very rare character and a more common one is far smaller than it is in PaD--the rare character will probably have a gimmick skill or two and slightly higher base stats. For every SS murderboat in the game, there are A or B graded characters who fill the same basic party niche with 90% of the effectiveness, and gain levels faster to boot.

Still, at least half of you are going to bloody well do it anyway, I suppose. It is a definite edge as you approach endgame.

OBLIGATORY REROLL TIERS TO ARGUE ABOUT

Unique named characters are graded B / A / S / SS. The little piece of paper which pops out of the envelope will be gold if the character you're about to get is S or SS. The very first character you obtain is always either Bahl the Dark Duelist or Grace the Archer--these reroll tiers are talking about your first gachapon pull after playing the tutorial. Once you clear chapter 1, you should be able to open your first day bonus in the mail with 5 energy.

The game hasn't been soft launched for that long, I haven't played nearly as much as the Chinese/Japanese sperglords, and this is merely my own personal opinion. Still, I'm pretty confident in making these claims. From most desirable to least:

SS-grade healers
    Fighting in this game involves dealing damage and taking it, so you're not going to get very far in this game without healers. Your storyline healers are irredeemably bad*, the best farmable option is only mediocre, revival magic is seriously handy in the endgame, and there's actually not that many dedicated healers in the game. The three SS-grade healers are probably the most uniquely useful characters in the game for this reason. Amimari has a fair amount of offensive power, Amina's revival spell affects the whole party, and A'Misandra has the ability to block enemy healing effects.
    It's important to note that their skillsets aren't unique. Two B-grade characters (Sorman and Kuscah) have the same basic skillset--multiple healing spells, a healing boost passive, and a single-target revival spell. Still, if you're going to reroll for anything in particular, a SS healer is the way to go.
    Kuscah is apparently going to be given out to all new accounts until 11/3. Enemy damage output in endgame is so high that having two dedicated healers will be quite useful, but endgame is quite a while away. The SS mages may be a better starter pull for the coming month.
    *okay, one of them is the best status healer in the game, but status healing spells won't cure "dead."

SS orbling mages
    There are four SS-grade mages who share the same skilset but have different elements; Lewto in Fire, Piz'fer in Ice, Jennish in Lightning, and Zerro in dark. And what a skillset! The big draw is their area-of-effect spells: between their jobs they have access to five stacking Pincer Area spells once fully leveled. Throw in a self-revival passive in their first job and a self-healing spell in the third, and you have a comically durable mage with powerful spells which can affect the whole board.
    A and S graded elemental mages also exist, but in general lack the self-revival skill and have only 3-4 nukes. Still, they usually have their own gimmick abilities and will probably actually be superior to the SS grade mages until endgame, because of their lower EXP requirements and easier job changes.

Yukken, the Negotiator
    Yukken's skillset is at first glance a pretty ho-hum physical attacker. However, she has access to all three weapon types between her three jobs, which means she'll never be at a triangle disadvantage in a stage. Weapon triangle is pretty drat important in this game, affecting skill proc rates in addition to combo damage. If you're going to guarantee having only one SS attacker, there's a good case to be made that it should be the most versatile one in the game.
    Burbaba is an A-graded character who likewise has access to all three weapon types and is a very good starting pull for the same reason. Lategame, he'll fall off due to his more defensive i.e worse passives and three attacking skills compared to Yukken's completely ridiculous array.

The rest of SS grade
    I mean, everything's in this grade for a reason, right? For reference, the rate of pulling a SS-grade character seems to be approximately 5%. The tutorial can be run in maybe 6 minutes. Have fun!

Levitate-users??
    The first really bad wall the game will throw at you is in Chapter 18, which is really quite obnoxious since it gates access to the good job change farming areas. Chapter is incredibly, obscenely, throw-your-phone-annyoing because of the huge number of stage hazards in it. Characters who have access to Levitation--Eileen in A grade and Gatz/Zafitte/Ellvern/Gegonago in S grade--quite possibly justify their existence as starters solely by their ability to trivialize chapter 18. The flip side is that easy access to Levitation takes up space in the skillset which could be used for offensive skills. Of the five, only Gatz has access to offensive skills before job change, and Eileen never gets any. Still, probably worth it.

Characters with direct combat skills
    Characters who don't get any damaging/healing skills in their first job are similar to dedicated supporters in other games--often quite good, but not if they have nobody else to support. Take a pass on them for your first character, for that reason. Almost as bad are theoretically combat-focused characters who don't get their first attack until level 35 or 65.

Everything else
    Seriously, if your first pull is something without an early attack skill or anything else distinguishing, your life is going to be miserable for a while.

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Lewto and a dark spear user (Zenzoe or something. ) my first reroll. I think I'll take it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I kind of want to buy energy and roll now that I've settled on an account but I also kind of want to wait and see what the download starter characters would bring. The first one that got cleared, the 100k one, seems to be bringing a dungeon that has Bahamut in it but other tiers bring more job changing characters.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Rhan9 wrote: »

I'm in the EU. It was right there in the recommended games in the play store for me.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    Rhan9Rhan9 Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Kay wrote: »
    Rhan9 wrote: »

I'm in the EU. It was right there in the recommended games in the play store for me.

I'm guessing you're in UK, France, Spain or Germany. Rest of Europe seems shit out of luck. I guess I'll just have to skip on this.

Rhan9 on
  • Options
    By the way, the 3000g Pact of Fellowship gacha draws from all the chapters you've already cleared. Probably best to save your coins early until you can job change a few cards and have cleared several chapters.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    I pulled Koran (Stonefolk Swordsman with a self heal) and A'merpact, a lizardman frost mage.

Both A rank. Worth keeping?

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    Koran looks like just a raw stats swordsman. Nothing fancy about him, just durable and damaging to bow types, essentially usable anywhere you would want a swordsman. A'merpact looks like he gets you most of what the SS tier frost mage does.

I feel like you can't go wrong with them but if you're going to reroll you should probably read Kita's post and look at the wikia to see which characters you want, pick a couple you could settle for, and be happy if you get any of them otherwise you'll drive yourself mad rerolling.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Kinda wished I'd gotten an Archer or Spearman instead of another Swordsman, but the frost mage is pretty useful. Massive AoE of you page him well.

I'll run through the game a bit, and read
    read up on the job change stuff.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Seems cool, but my phone is as old as Mistwalker.

• Options
    Huh, not sure how to feel about this. I pulled an SS healer to start (A'Misandra) and a B ice archer (Gigojago), which both seem to be pretty nice so far. Just got up to another 5 energy, and lucked into an S rank, but it's Djugan, a spear user that doesn't start with an attack skill. I also just got the freebie character from finishing chapter 4, so now my full team is at least B rank people. Swapping in both Djugan and the freebie are going to drop my combat viability for a while though, particularly if I stick with the new job for my starter that also got unlocked at the same time.

I wish I knew when the metal zones would open, I could use a run through or three to help catch up the new units.

Also, I'm amazed at how comparatively few coins you get from the weekend hunting zone since you get an absurd amount of xp from the metal zones. I ran it twice to check it out, and I was only getting about 1200 coins while killing 80-90% of the monsters.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    There doesn't seem to be much use for gold. It takes like 8000 - 20,000 to unlock a job based on rank and whether it's the 2nd or 3rd job unlock, and the 3000 for pact of fellowship to draw from the monsters you've cleared. Apparently it used to cost gold to enter the metal dungeon but that got removed. Maybe you'll have to use some when this goes live:

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Bonna (S rank healer) and Amazora (B rank fire melee).

I think Bonna isn't any good? She's just a petrification healer/causer? Hm.

• Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    I got the A rank flame witch as one of my rolls. Her area attack is so freaking powerful right now.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Daiana? Yeah, she is my favorite unit on my team. Apparently she is also drinking buddies with the healer, they get drunk and tell terrible jokes.

Bonna starts as a status healer that deals with /causes petrification and paralysis, then at the end of her 2nd job / start of her first she gets healing skills. Looks like more a mid/endgame healer than what you might want to start with.

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    Aaaand using the code above, I rolled Jigglypuff.

• Options
    You rolled the same two as I did? Hope your third (from chapter gained energy) is better than mine. I got a Ba'gunar dupe.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    My SS mage ended up being that thunder orbling mage. He's a goddamn monster in these early chapters. Lightning everywhere.

• Options
    Their 2 million download event leads to a console release. I wonder if it would be like the Puzzle and Dragons 3DS game.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I got Zerro the Dark mage. He's pretty absurd compared to the regular guys. Can't tell if he hits three squares or nine.
    Is there anything else to spend energy on besides rolling the REM?

Also what's with the skill boost I seem to randomly get?

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Roll
    Roll
    Roll
    gold... And gold! Holyshitholyshitholyshit!

Network Error x50

FFFFU.....

Finally let me in 4 hours later, on WiFi instead of 3g. Game needs more robust network code.

Rikken the persuasive (SS Archer) and Lunaken the Sentry (S spear user). Think I'm done rerolling. No healer but the free B class healer should do. I might kick $20 in after work and see what else I get.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    38thDoe wrote: »
    I got Zerro the Dark mage. He's pretty absurd compared to the regular guys. Can't tell if he hits three squares or nine.
    Is there anything else to spend energy on besides rolling the REM?

Also what's with the skill boost I seem to randomly get?

Ramps up to 25 100%, which gets added to all your skill proc rates.

Getting a duplicate character adds xp and 5% (10% for S, SS), and if a card reaches 25 100% they no longer have a chance of dropping in the energy gacha.

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    As far as microtransactions go, this game seems relatively friendly. That definitely tempts me to kick in a little money now and then.

• Options
    Yeah, and assuming the wiki is correct, the consecutive login bonus is the most generous one I've seen, giving you 5 energy every 8 days. I must say, I'm quite pleased with how this game is handling everything at the moment.

steam_sig.png