As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pop of the Charts

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Solar wrote: »
    Dubstep is great you philistines

The vast chasm in quality and listenability between good dubstep and average dubstep is insane. Good producers do so many interesting and fun things with the sounds, melodies, and rhythms they manipulate. Average dubstep producers just try to come up with the filthiest drops they can, and that gets boring very quickly, like mid to late 90s house music. Bad dubstep producers just try to damage your speakers with distorted noise, and nobody likes that...

Want to talk about 90's house music fine
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5NX1FC-7-w
    This puts me in a happy mood still after all these years
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIs-Oc6wEeI
    A dirty song NSFW

Brainleech on
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

I fear from the children of tomorrow as they will come up with something worse than dubstep

They did already, it's called trap.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015

The vast chasm in quality and listenability between good dubstep and average dubstep is insane. Good producers do so many interesting and fun things with the sounds, melodies, and rhythms they manipulate. Average dubstep producers just try to come up with the filthiest drops they can, and that gets boring very quickly, like mid to late 90s house music. Bad dubstep producers just try to damage your speakers with distorted noise, and nobody likes that...

This is some of that BAD dubstep. Honestly, the trend of remixing video game music to have dubstep beats isn't necessarily bad, it's just usually done so poorly because remixers are like "Hur hur nostalgia nerds and dubsteb! It's all good to them!" when those guys really have no fucking clue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU75uz0b8EU

Whereas I consider this to be in the realm of good (or better than average) dubstep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLzaZ_HXmjw

El Fantastico on
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    I just realized that Alvvays is opening for the Decemberists show I have like fifth row tickets for on Tuesday. I don't actually know them at all outside of this one song, but "Archie, Marry Me" was one of my favourites of last year. Cool!

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Imagine Dragons is so boring. And the lead singer tries so hard to be all gravelly and shit and I hate his voice.

That Radio active song sounds like all the worst parts of Nickleback and Creed combined into one ultra boring butt rock song.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    imagine dragons is pretty bad but I don't know if they're nickelback bad

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular

This is some of that BAD dubstep. Honestly, the trend of remixing video game music to have dubstep beats isn't necessarily bad, it's just usually done so poorly because remixers are like "Hur hur nostalgia nerds and dubsteb! It's all good to them!" when those guys really have no fucking clue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU75uz0b8EU

Whereas I consider this to be in the realm of good (or better than average) dubstep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLzaZ_HXmjw

That second video isn't really dubstep though

it's more typical EDM techno stuff

I like that Ephixia Remix though. Usually I don't like 8-bit video game music, remixed or otherwise, but that's alright

Ephixia is better when he does Dubstyle, though.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

Want to talk about 90's house music fine
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5NX1FC-7-w

The Chems are big-beat. Not house.

• Options
    They're definitely immense, either way!

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I only listen to witch house

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I'm really mad witch house is a real thing

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    I'm at a warehouse party and I forgot that break-beat was a thing

How did that happen

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Warehouse or werehouse

• Options
    Definitely a warehouse

Not a big one, mind

• Options
    Warehouse or werehouse

here house

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    There, castle

• Options
    Gg

You're going into pun rehab

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »

ELO always makes me feel nostalgic - my Dad loves ELO and used to play his records on the weekend all the time when I was a kid.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I love ELO.

• Options
    imagine dragons is pretty bad but I don't know if they're nickelback bad

The first time I heard it, which admittedly was at the chorus part, I thought it was a new Nickleback song.

Also their band name is terrible and they should change it.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    the newest fallout boy song sounds like a rejected imagine dragons song so that's pretty cool

• Options
    Imagine Dragons wrote a song about League of Legends so they can take a hike

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Tell me about this witch house

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    JoeUser wrote: »

Tell me about this witch house

I have that dvd

• Options
    Can we talk about older pop music in here

because this is still one of the best pop dance records ever made

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3W6yf6c-FA

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »

ELO always makes me feel nostalgic - my Dad loves ELO and used to play his records on the weekend all the time when I was a kid.

Exactly me too - I remember my dad's vinyl exactly!!

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Well. Ok. So I know this is not the most country of places, but i just found this and figured I'd post it anyway. Maybe I'm just a mess right now but damned if this didn't hit me dead center. Goddamn it. Unless your parents are irredeemable shitheads, call em up and talk to them, guys. Fuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzU8Pwx-hbc

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular

Wait, seriously?

vEaRQgH.png
  • Options
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Pfft, Basshunter remains the definite MOBA- based musician.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OzWIFX8M-Y
    If I had to suffer through it a billion times then damnit so do you.

JayKaos on
    Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    HeadCreeps wrote: »

Wait, seriously?

they wrote a song for riot games to use in an animated promo for their end of season world tournament, as in they were paid for their services

I don't understand why that's the one thing that they deserve flack for

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Naphtali wrote: »

Wait, seriously?

they wrote a song for riot games to use in an animated promo for their end of season world tournament, as in they were paid for their services

mobas are bad

• Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular

This is an awfully heroic looking video for people getting mad at video games

vEaRQgH.png
  • Options
    Naphtali wrote: »

Wait, seriously?

mobas are bad

Mobas are fun. It's just that everyone who plays them is a dick.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular

I thought this was really fun to watch

The unironic self-seriousness of it is enjoyable

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I don't dislike them for their League of Legends song.

I dislike them because their music sounds bad in my ears.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    I liked some of the stuff off their first album (aside from insane radio overplay), their second was utterly unmemorable when I listened to it on spotify though

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    You know who was not on my radar at all for years and who I totally fell in love with over the past year or so

Feist

I haven't heard about any plans for another album but I really hope there's gonna be one

• Options
    That Imagine Dragons record is awful, as are all Imagine Dragons records!

At the same time, I don't mind people enjoying a video which dramatises an online hobby

It's just the same kind of thing as when sports ads for the Six Nations or whatever have all these rearing, magnificent animals for each nation in CGI or whatever, and I have no problem with that. Just a bit of a shame that the Rugby uses cool heraldric beasts whereas that LoL video has, you know, some skinny white dude in a hoody sitting in a chair.