As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A [DOODLE] Thread for the Ages. [NSFW]

• Options
    BegforrainBegforrain Registered User regular
    tumblr_nm3v2tDi9u1ryrwkio1_500.gif

Pixel practice!

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Some more gamedev stuff.
    3Opuh9L.png

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    diemeatbagdiemeatbag Registered User regular
    vLs7ROn.jpg

• Options
    ShankboneShankbone Registered User regular
    My still-life for today, heavily cropped, since I couldn't finish the drape in the 4hr time slot I gave myself! rq4xpg94stuo.jpg

We shall see that at which dogs howl in the dark, and that at which cats prick up their ears after midnight.
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    i need to post in here more

tumblr_nm7d5kOlLk1qk2cmjo1_1280.png

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    feckin swank, misc

• Options
    NakedZerglingNakedZergling A more apocalyptic post apocalypse Portland OregonRegistered User regular
    I know the color changes aren't major, but i cant decide which i like more. any thoughts?

egxc1hzbzzam.jpg

• Options
    m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    Self portraiture time. So I'm doing this thing for a kids' tv channel where me and my classmates draw a story that is co-written by the channel's viewers. We all need an artists profile with a few words about us and a self portrait. So far most of my classmates have been doing stuff that is mostly aimed towards girls, with a funny and playful style and nice bright colors. The pages I've been doing look decidedly more grim and, in the eyes of a 10 year old boy, cool (I can't show these yet though, not before they've been published). Hopefully there'll be a couple little dudes out there who see my art and this self portrait and will think it's okay to play with action figures and feel like a princess at the same time.
    tumblr_nma5j5yeZ21s37o1ho1_1280.png

• Options
    Uh wow
    Forum copyright battle initiate

• Options
    edited April 2015
    I've been wearing this hat since my mom knit it for me when I was 11 (july 28th 2005, birthday gift)
    edit: also, you're not my real dad.

m3nace on
  • Options
    11 in 2005?
    Jeeeezus I'm old
    Might as well be your dad

• Options
    It's a wonder you're avatar is still dancing to this day, shouldn't you be having arthritis about now?

• Options
    edited April 2015
    The arthritis has long passed
    I am animated by sheer bloody mindedness

Tam on
  • Options
    NakedZerglingNakedZergling A more apocalyptic post apocalypse Portland OregonRegistered User regular
    Ill be 35 this year.....

• Options
    Jesus

Where do you keep your phylactery?

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    I am 28

Also known as twenty-ancient
    ha! ha! ha!

• Options
    edited April 2015
    That's total dad humor, I think your age just increased by at least 30.
    edit: we should probably get back to posting art.

m3nace on
  • Options
    Ronin356Ronin356 Nowhere MORegistered User regular
    This was done for my friend Seth. I use a lot of wet on wet on my watercolor painting.
    Beloved_zps27khne6e.jpg

Nobody sees a flower really; it is so small. We haven't time, and to see takes time - like to have a friend takes time.
    Georgia O'Keeffe
    Be sure to like my Comic Book "Last Words" on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Last-Words-The-Comic-Book/458405034287767
    and Magenta the Witchgirl!: http://www.drunkduck.com/Magenta_the_Witchgirl/

• Options
    diemeatbagdiemeatbag Registered User regular
    I know the color changes aren't major, but i cant decide which i like more. any thoughts?

egxc1hzbzzam.jpg

the first one

• Options
    He's here to fight deadpool....

k0rthds7tba4.jpg

• Options
    That project I talked about that kids wrote: my pages have been published so I guess I can show them now.
    side33.jpg
    side34.jpg
    side35.jpg
    side36end.jpg

• Options
    zapattackzapattack Registered User regular
    I accidentally cut the size of this in a quarter and saved over it so ill post it here because it is useless to me now.

qVYiAgw.jpg

www.stevenzapata.com
    instagram.com/stevenzapata_art
  • Options
    KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    Zap, how big is that picture? That's very very awesome!

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • Options
    spawnoftheEDspawnoftheED Multimedia Designer New JerseyRegistered User regular
    quick derpy cat skecth.
    tumblr_nmd69dn4mA1r6e7cdo1_540.jpg

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    zap that's a frickin' awesome sketch. Really nice composition/colors/allthings.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    @Koreg Thanks! The one I posted is like 1200px across blown up from the miserable 600px mistake I made. I had originally been working at like 3500 or something.
    @NightDragon You da best. Might as well show where it's going while I'm here. Since I had to restage it from scratch- cause I crushed the file- I took the opportunity to readdress stuff.

bY6qNHN.jpg

zapattack on
    www.stevenzapata.com
  • Options
    KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    Wow that's even better than the last one.

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • Options
    SeveredHeadSeveredHead Registered User regular
    it feels like i can zoom in to that picture, it feels really alive

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Very Austrian, somehow. I think the last one read better on my phone screen, because of the larger colour blocks, but this version is much more interesting.

• Options
    More analog stuff, playing around with pastels, posca markers and ink.
    tumblr_nmn7ooA77e1s37o1ho1_540.png
    tumblr_nmn7ooA77e1s37o1ho2_1280.png
    tumblr_nmn7ooA77e1s37o1ho3_1280.png
    tumblr_nmn7ooA77e1s37o1ho4_1280.png

• Options
    Ronin356Ronin356 Nowhere MORegistered User regular
    Would like some feedback I these character designs I'm working on. Thanks
    1Super-Sitter-Concept-Art-Killaim-Fiona-Stu_zps8iev4ozg.jpg

1Super-Sitter-Concept-Art-Diana-Mister-Impact_zpslrqo6lbp.jpg

1Super-Sitter-Concept-Art-Boogeyman-Hotmom_zpsy1yl6ksj.jpg

Nobody sees a flower really; it is so small. We haven't time, and to see takes time - like to have a friend takes time.
    Georgia O'Keeffe
    Be sure to like my Comic Book "Last Words" on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Last-Words-The-Comic-Book/458405034287767
    and Magenta the Witchgirl!: http://www.drunkduck.com/Magenta_the_Witchgirl/

• Options
    edited April 2015
    @m3nace Man. You ball outta control.

Here's the sketch for a press in on one of the castle towers after that first establishing shot.

l7Is3jt.jpg

zapattack on
    www.stevenzapata.com
  • Options
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    BG for my friend and I's animation project.
    nw496hb3g6in.png

m3nace on
  • Options
    Sketch for "Choosing their Weapons"

bJOn56f.jpg

www.stevenzapata.com
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    welp guess i'm making this into a poster or something

0rsyrs6nrgq5.png

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    MabelmaMabelma Registered User regular
    m3nace wrote: »
    BG for my friend and I's animation project.
    nw496hb3g6in.png

That looks great! How did you do the chairs in the front? The texture looks incredible!

Have some time, check out my blog
  • Options
    I've got this really amazing brush that I'm using all the time, it has a kind of spray-look to it. I cannot for the life of me remember where I got it from though, I think the brush itself is called "toothbrush" or something. It's really neat and I've been using it on a bunch of stuff for the past year, sometimes using it almost exclusively, along with lasso selections. Case in point:
    tumblr_nizx2vtr4n1s37o1ho4_1280.png
    But yeah, I've really taken to experimenting with different brushes because it really has a way of tying things together and giving my work a cohesive look.

• Options
    ObilexObilex Registered User regular
    @zapattack Keep posting these wonderful creations!

acrylic on board from last night.
    mfke6vjkfn5o.png

• Options
    edited April 2015
    So, err. This is something completely different. Like, really different. I made an art comic based around the city of Tamara from Italo Calvino's "Invisible Cities", a city that you will never really experience yourself since it is plastered with signs signifying the function of each building, instead of just showing the buildings. Thus, you leave having only vicariously experienced it through symbols. The idea with the comic is that it's an obnoxious tourist brochure about the city, that is so intent on describing the city that it covers it up in speech bubbles. The jpg'ification is also a play on this, in that it's a file extention that loses a lot of information in trying to describe something.
    I don't know, I probably sound really pretentious, but I think it was a fun experiment. Also, I did the original map in ms paint, art school amirite.
    3ogfl7v3522i.png

m3nace on