As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This is the Endless Legend Thread and it Always Has Been

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    http://www.polygon.com/2014/10/23/6880933/civilization-beyond-earth-review-pc

Polygon review for this is pretty good and confirms this is much more than a civ5 reskin.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    The Joystiq review said that it's not much of an Alpha Centauri spiritual successor.

I'm okay with that, honestly.

• Options
    Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    for your consideration: SMAC's tech tree ends with the awakening of a alien god

Miriam foretold that human science is "trampling the garden of an angry God, and he awaits you just beyond the last theorem"

QED Miriam was right all along, you should have dissented when you had the chance

• Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    I swear I do NOT have the free time to play this game and I'm going to end up playing too much anyways because I only need 2 hours of sleep, right?

• Options
    JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    I'm going to be playing this!

I think it would be really silly if we got a bunch of people to set aside like six hours or whatever this weekend and play a full multiplayer game.

We could get everyone in a big Skype call and stream it, too.

signature.png

• Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I'm getting it together. I think steam voice chat would be better. All have the info up around 6 tonight.

And I haven't decided on live stream or recording and playing back later. Since I know you all would just watch my every move to have the upper hand. So dishonorable. But its not auper serious anyway and I expect backstabbing and chicanery.

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Have this game pre-loaded and will get home from work about an hour and a half before it unlocks.

Works out pretty well since my weekends right now are Fri-Sat.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    I kind of wanted to do that thing where I play a civ campaign and win with space victory and go to beyond earth but that just ain't happening

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    Artreus wrote: »
    I kind of wanted to do that thing where I play a civ campaign and win with space victory and go to beyond earth but that just ain't happening

I did that with the Shoshone on my last run and now I'm gonna continue my journey as a space hippy.

• Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    I am burning my way across the Netherlands, whose empire stretches from north Africa, all the Middle East, to eastern Europe, in a sprint to reach their capital and stop their space launch. Doesn't look like it's going to happen in time, he only has one more ship part to finish. I would have won a culture victory if he'd stayed within his original empire but he has captured so many cities that he's become a big culture factory himself.

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    Aw man. You people talking about it unlocking at 9 got my hopes up. I'm on the east coast so it's midnight for me

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Beyond Earth launch weekend first contact:
    8 players
    Factions picked in a randomly generated order
    Friday 9pm-12am EST and picking up again Saturday 3pm-6pm EST
    Normal map size and speed
    All victory conditions
    Random Map
    Turn Timer OFF
    Steam Voice Chat or Ventrilo(for vocal abuse of people taking too long with their turns.)
    Streamed On Twitch
    Leaving before the specified time or joining in late is allowed, just know your empire's future is in the AIs hand, for all the promises they've made of improving it.

PM me if you want a spot in the match. Giving SE first dibs.

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I'm going to be at work when this releases! Nooo! Luckily I only have a short 4 hour shift Friday and Saturday and Sunday completely off, I see a LAN in my future.

Can't wait to tear into this game.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Awww yiss, free wi-fi in this hotel

You best believe I'll be playing this tonight after like a half bottle of gin. What could go wrong.

• Options
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I wonder why those four particular patches of the planet have no Steam support

E: 6. Pic was too small to see.

One is N. Korea? Dunno what all the others are.

E2: Think they're Iran, Sudan, Venezuela, Cuba and Myanmar.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    I wonder why those four particular patches of the planet have no Steam support

E: 6. Pic was too small to see.

One is N. Korea? Dunno what all the others are.

Looks like Iran, Syria, and Sudan.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, didn't notice Syria either.

I guess most of those aren't surprising. Except maybe Venezuela, but I don't know what the deal is there. I guess it's more surprising that there aren't more places greyed out.

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    How dare they give this game to us last, we're America, we're supposed to be special!

Ah well, hopefully I'll get to play this tomorrow.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    Played a couple of hours of this just now. Had a good time. Made a mess of everything and let my people down. That'll learn them to trust me as their leader

Once I finish up some obligations I think I'll jump back in and lead another people to their doom. Fools! Ho hee ho haw!

4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    This sort of reminds me

This is a phenomenal game review that people must read

Dog Eat Dog sounds like the greatest game I never want to play

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    I'm actually pretty stoked for the game, and would like to attend, but the last hour on Saturday I have to be at work. Perhaps If I'm a particularly warfaring civ and get collectively booted by everybody it might work out

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    ugh, I might have to wait for my next paycheck to buy this

problem being that I also want DA Inquisition

but I also totally put Rune Factory 4 on my wishlist at a local gamestore

this is the stupidest first worldly problem to have

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    the steam servers can't handle my request :(

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    launch_zps6651b53e.png

Ready to launch indeed.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    This sort of reminds me

There's some talk of a PBP for it - I would LOVE to have you in on that

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    This sort of reminds me

shit are we actually doing that

I'm seriously pretty keen

we might have to wait until anzekay is... not banned though? I'm not totally sure what's happening there

• Options
    Speaking of PBP does BE have pitboss or something eauivalent because we should totally do that!

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    This sort of reminds me

After the first of the year please.

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    Polystralia dude is a doucher. He started excavating a site right outside my border so I declared war on him just to clear his dude off. A quest a couple turns ago had given me 2 army dudes so I had a surplus of military units. As soon as he sued for peace, giving me 600 energy in the process. I wasn't even moving my guys towards his territory 8-)

• Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    Hey. Guys. The game is good. Really good. I need to sleep. But I also need one. More. Turn.

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    CROSSPOST
    el_vicio wrote: »
    Spies rule btw

I don't quite get the Health thing - for example, I just bought buildings in my fourth city that should have provided +10 total, getting me out of the negative Health zone, but I'm still stuck at -8...

e: it seemed to tick up for a few turns after I bought the buildings, but I think it's still lower than it should be. Weird.
    I just checked, from the buildings alone, I should see > +40 from cities alone (in the Health detail view), instead it's +31. What.

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    So many bugs. I'm cooped up and I can't get away from them or their three siege worms.

Would you like to know more?

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    GODDAMN AI

I'm playing a multiplayer game with some friends and I get dropped momentarily. In the time it takes for me to reconnect, the AI has traded away all my energy AND energy per turn in a peace treaty. I'm gimped for the next 20 turns :(

• Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    marty_0001 wrote: »
    I am burning my way across the Netherlands, whose empire stretches from north Africa, all the Middle East, to eastern Europe, in a sprint to reach their capital and stop their space launch. Doesn't look like it's going to happen in time, he only has one more ship part to finish. I would have won a culture victory if he'd stayed within his original empire but he has captured so many cities that he's become a big culture factory himself.

Part 2: I made it to Amsterdam! My war effort was obviously enough to distract them from building the final piece of the spaceship, or maybe they're just not far enough along the tech tree yet (unlikely, they have lead in tech for the whole game). I stole Amsterdam from them, which was just delicious, after their first peace offering was for me to give up half my empire in a token of "Looks like you mistakenly declared war on us, we'll generously allow you to live if you give us all your stuff."

WHO'S LAUGHING NOW, DUTCHMAN?

Anyway turns out you don't get to 'capture' the spaceship on stealing another civ's capital. Who knew! Even though the half-built ship is obviously right there on screen. Oh well.

This game could still go either way; either 'Mr 2nd Place' Germany finishes their ship, or I swindle enough city-states and civs to win the World Leader vote, or if I can hold out long enough, I will finally win that sweet culture victory once the Netherlands finally realise the superiority of my blue jeans and pop music.

Uh, anyway, to be more on topic, I bought Civ BE and will download it overnight.

• Options
    Oh god my first colony landed in the middle of bug and miasma central.

My city has bombarded aliens every turn for the last twenty turns I swear.

Also holy crap it is 1:30 in the a.m. and I have work tomorrow, goodnight!

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Uncle Nevercloned tells the best stories.

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    India declares war on me, I take everything they have (as SpaceFrance/Spain). Slavs declare war on me because opportunists, I stall them long enough to ascend humanity to a higher plane of existence. Vive la France!

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    "All previous versions of humanity will no longer be supported as of this update"

SUPREMACY, MEATBAGS

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png