As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NFL]PLAYOFFS! PLAYOFFS?

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Jordan Matthews is also having a pretty damn good year.

(Not better than Demaryius Thomas but 709 yards/7 touchdowns is pretty solid).

LuvTheMonkey on
    Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    kelvin benjamin is 90% of the reason I have a winning record in one of my fantasy leagues

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Oh yeah and John Brown, Martavis Bryant, Brandin Cooks are having decent starts to their respective careers.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I know you all wait for this with bated breath so here we go

1. New England Patriots - Another team is going to have to prove they are definitely better and with them destroying Miami and Green Bay losing to Buffalo I'm giving them the nod here
    2. Green Bay Packers - I don't think any team is better. They were bound to have a rough game and Buffalo has a lefit defense
    3. Seattle Seahawks - I wouldn't want to play this team right now. They are hitting their stride
    4. Denver Broncos - Seattle passes them this week because Denver hasn't looked great the last couple of weeks. They do keep winning though.
    5. Detroit Lions - Best defense in the NFL gets you some credit.
    6. Arizona Cardinals - This team made a deal with the devil or something. They just keep winning games.
    7. Indianapolis Colts - Luck hasn't looked great and this team lives and dies with him. They might be in trouble right now with no defense
    8. Dallas Cowboys - They lead the division so I'm putting them here. I think Philly is probably a better team. If Murray misses any time this team is toast
    9. Philadelphia Eagles - The loss to Dallas hurt them but they still deserve this spot
    10. Cincinnati Bengals - Demolished Johnny Football last week. They are a hard team to trust. Seems like they just don't show up sometimes.
    11. Buffalo Bills - Yeah, The Bills. Deal with it. They have a legit defense and will be dangerous if they sneak in the playoffs
    12. Baltimore Ravens - The AFC North is the most balanced division in football. They are better than the Steelers not quite as good as Cincy
    13. Pittsburgh Steelers - Who knows which Steelers team is going to show up week to week?
    14. Kansas City Chiefs - They aren't a bad team but they aren't a good team either. They belong right in the middle.
    15. St. Louis Rams - The got knocked out of the playoffs with a tough loss to Arizona. Still a fantastic defense though
    16. San Diego Chargers - They won some games, they lost some games. They are San Diego
    17. Miami Dolphins - They got whooped by the Patriots. They showed they can't run with the big boys right now.
    18. New Orleans Saints - Best team in the NFC South right now which isn't saying much.
    19. Cleveland Browns - Manziel makes the difference here. He keeps playing like he did last week they go down about 10 spots.
    20. Minnesota Vikings - Bridgewater is playing like a rookie with a lot of potential and that's good news for the Vikings
    21. Carolina Panthers - If Cam isn't going to play then they don't belong here. He's most of that team.
    22. San Francisco 49ers - They are in freefall right now. They might not win another game this year but they still have a lot of talent
    23. New York Giants - Team makes me sad because they have a lot of talent. Also 19 guys on IR. They beat most of the teams they should though
    24. Houston Texans - They have an absolute BLEAK situation at QB at this point so they are knocked way down.
    25. Atlanta Falcons - Maybe they should be higher but I'm not feeling them. I'm not even sure what they need. A defense probably would help
    26. Chicago Bears - They suck hard but they have more talent than the other teams below them in the rankings so they get this spot
    27. New York Jets - Someone has to go here and they have 3 wins soooo...why not?
    28. Washington Redskins - Someone has to go here and they have 3 wins soooo...why not?
    29. Jacksonville Jaguars - Young talent. Might have the most upside of any team after 25 right now.
    30. Tampa Bay Bucs - Mike Evans is legit. I give them 30 because of him
    31. Oakland Raiders - They beat the 49ers and the Chiefs. That counts for one point exactly.
    32. Tennessee Titans - They suck. They just suck.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Eh, Kelvin Benjamin and Jordan Matthews have both looked good for stretches but they've also had games where they disappeared, I think they're in a tier below the three I mentioned.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Remember, EXHAUSTIVE RESEARCH goes into this list every week.

• Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    Jarvis Landry has quietly been pretty ballin down in Miami, it's a shame that he's in Miami.

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    iguanacus wrote: »
    According to ESPN's playoff thingy either the Pats or the Broncos would have to drop both of their next games for them to get the bye. The Pats play the Jets then Buffalo. Denver is against Cincci then the Raiders. Each might loose one of those games but I don't see either team losing BOTH.

Because Pats and Broncos both have a head-to-head tie breaker over Indy.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    Eh, Kelvin Benjamin and Jordan Matthews have both looked good for stretches but they've also had games where they disappeared, I think they're in a tier below the three I mentioned.

Kelvin Benjamin disappears largely because Cam couldn't do shit for several games because his o-line sucked. I think there were one or two games where he was too well defended, but mostly he's been quite solid.

Scary to think what we could have done if we'd kept Steve Smith.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Peen wrote: »
    Dez Bryant is dope, Demaryius Thomas is ok I guess but I'm pretty sure I'd take Odell Beckham over him right now and I might take Sammy Watkins and Mike Evans too. Those guys are all really, really good.

Part of it is having the better Manning throwing to him, but D Thomas has 96 catches for 1400 yards and 11 TDs with 2 games to go. Beckham has been transcendent as a rookie, and he has a chance to be better, but right now, no way is he better than D Thomas IMO.

I do think Beckham's going to be in that top 5 in the league in a hurry though. He's probably the best rookie WR since Randy Moss.

Joshmvii on
  • Options
    FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    I just want to say about fantasy football this season.

I scored the THIRD HIGHEST POINTS IN THE LEAGUE and finished ninth.

Yeah, I'd say I ran into some pretty crappy luck this year.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Have we discussed that jkyle might have been on to something?

I mean, the first week he roots for the Packers and Rodgers looks horrible and the team pulls a Lions type game at Buffalo...

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    it's cool that Keenum is getting a second chance with the Texans

• Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    Gyral wrote: »
    The Lindley Factor: Arizona is anywhere from 8 to 9.5 point home underdogs against the Seahawks. At this point, I think they should just start a tackling dummy at QB and just direct snap to the running backs.
    I mean it sounds crazy, but are you really more likely to score points with a QB who hands the ball off every snap or an extra blocker every play?

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Have we discussed that jkyle might have been on to something?

I mean, the first week he roots for the Packers and Rodgers looks horrible and the team pulls a Lions type game at Buffalo...

The reverse jinx can be very powerful.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I'm going into our championship game with Alex Smith as my quarterback.

Game manager of the year.

• Options
    Fuck fantasy football, it's dumb!

• Options
    I snatched up Joseph Randle, who will get the start for Dallas if/when Demarco Murray can't play.

My opponent has Demarco Murray.

• Options
    That's a good/dirty play. One of my favorite things to do.

• Options
    Too bad I'm playing for NOTHING this week!

• Options

I thought about it over the weekend and thought, "nah, he has to have already done that, and I have other players I need more"

Cue this morning and I'm looking through and I decide to check and hey what do you know. So I grabbed him.

Tempted to go through and just cycle through all of like the top 20 people at every position with whoever's worst on my bench just to flag them all on waivers so he can't have any of them, but I feel like that's A- more effort than I care to put into this and B- a step too far.

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »

I thought about it over the weekend and thought, "nah, he has to have already done that, and I have other players I need more"

Cue this morning and I'm looking through and I decide to check and hey what do you know. So I grabbed him.

Tempted to go through and just cycle through all of like the top 20 people at every position with whoever's worst on my bench just to flag them all on waivers so he can't have any of them, but I feel like that's A- more effort than I care to put into this and B- a step too far.

You have to hold a player for a day for them to be placed on waivers :P

• Options
    Peccavi wrote: »
    Tox wrote: »

You have to hold a player for a day for them to be placed on waivers :P

Ah well, didn't care to put that much effort in, anyway.

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    FYI, Demarco was at practice today, albeit limited. He's probably going to play though.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Yeah Murray will probably play

• Options
    IvanIssacsIvanIssacs Skull Leader SDF-1Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Niners just released Ray McDonald.

IvanIssacs on
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Yeah, he's officially being investigated, and a search warrant was issued for his house yesterday, after a rape allegation reported last week. That's probably it for him in the NFL.

• Options
    PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    @AdamSchefter: Stunner from Chicago: Bears starting QB Jimmy Clausen this week, per source.

Well this is a thing.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    Bears starting Clausen Sunday

• Options
    Yeah. That'll go over well.

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    As someone that works with a ton of bears fans

I can't fucking wait

• Options
    Hey, let's find the one guy douchier looking than Jay Cutler and start him.

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    He's like a needlessly arrogant porcupine.

• Options
    This is the best season ever

• Options
    Jimmy Clausen is literally my least favorite football player that hasn't committed a major crime.

• Options
    I see Jay Cutler reunited with Lovie Smith in Tampa next season and it's beautiful.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    somewhere Mel Kiper is hugging himself and saying he was right about Clausen

• Options
    Xehalus wrote: »
    somewhere Mel Kiper is hugging himself and saying he was right about Clausen

This sentence implies that Mel Kiper ever stops hugging himself.

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    That Clausen presser was one of those pinnacle moments in douchery you remember for life.

jimmy-clausen.jpg

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
This discussion has been closed.