As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] The Turkey Coma Dale Fest Party Long Weekend Thing has arrived!

• Options
    AsheAshe Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Drovek wrote: »
    Ashe wrote: »
    Drovek wrote: »
    So, Skyrim: should I continue with the Main Quest or start the Dragonborn quest? I've finally cleared my quest backlog and furnished every home available (except Heartfire because I don't own that.)

semi-spoilers of where I'm at:
    I'm looking for information on an Elder Scroll after meeting with the leader of the mute-monks.

Dragonborn is a lot of fun, a great DLC overall, and a really nice change of atmosphere (if you are a Morrowind fan, you'll probably appreciate some of the touches even more). I'd recommend diving into it!

You weren't kidding there! It's been awesome so far, including some musical cues here and there from Morrowind. The Redoran and Telvanni architecture... Silt Striders!
    I kind of spent 350+ hours on Morrowind back then... :P

Great to hear! The first time I heard the old Morrowind music, I whooped, then the first time I heard the silt strider again... I got chills. The good kind. One of my favourite sounds ever, hah. Instantly teleported back to the old Morrowind ambience and atmosphere I absolutely adore.

Ashe on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    QuicalQuical Registered User regular
    So @JaysonFour‌ continues the classiness with a trip to Arstotzka and a couple extras!
    Thanks SO MUCH. This is all really so much more than I deserve.

3bxpkz056nq7.png

NNID: Quical
    STEAM: Quical
    Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
  • Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    Oh, Shadows of Mordor and Beyond Earth are both on sale. Buuuut Dragon Age and WoD are already taking my game time. Buuuut it's a pretty good sale.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Invisible wrote: »
    Oh, Shadows of Mordor and Beyond Earth are both on sale. Buuuut Dragon Age and WoD are already taking my game time. Buuuut it's a pretty good sale.
    You just missed mordor for 20 at amazon, it rolled over 20 minutes ago. But BE is half off there, which is a reasonable amount cheaper than steam

Oh wait, it's still on sale: http://www.amazon.com/Middle-Earth-Shadow-Mordor-Online/dp/B00JV3B3MQ

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    Thanks, @Maguano‌. Hexcells. I have been good and not been in thread. Why I'm a target, oh yeah. I talk in this thread. NM. Thanks. I played the first 5 levels and it was fun.

As for keeping a list? I random gift. I think that is why I have no idea why people gift me. I mean, last time I gifted it was when someone said they beat a game in the thread. Beat a game get a game week. That was fun. So really, I have no idea who I have gifted, what I have gifted. I might also thread drunk; but that is a different problem. Don't judge me.
    heenato wrote: »
    So, I get home from working fucking retail on thanksgiving,
    I don't work retail, so it is less worse, but I do security and was stuck at work. I don't want to get into politics in this thread, but some times I just want holidays to be that. Everyone is off, lets just enjoy ourselves.
    Ok, it is after midnight, so I guess Christmas can begin. I did start a little early for Secret Santa, because timeframe of ship to me, ship to them. I don't want to look like a slouch. But F this buy more crap. Thanksgiving is about family, I don't care what it started as. I agree with those who agree with me on this. Canada, I know you say we do it late, but I dont' know why you do it early.
    an_alt wrote: »
    Honourable people need no laws for their actions are just.

For the rest, we really do need national laws preventing Christmas advertising and music until the day after American Thanksgiving.

Can I get an A'Man! Although, PA is a world group, so I understand for people outside US not caring.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Spoit wrote: »
    You just missed mordor for 20 at amazon, it rolled over 20 minutes ago. But BE is half off there, which is a reasonable amount cheaper than steam

Oh wait, it's still on sale: http://www.amazon.com/Middle-Earth-Shadow-Mordor-Online/dp/B00JV3B3MQ

Yeah, and I just bought both. Because $20! Shit, I'd be dumb not to spend money!

Invisible on
  • Options
    CorsiniCorsini Registered User regular
    I have been having trouble sleeping lately. I was just about to go back to bed when I saw a suspicious green envelope someone had silently placed upon my pillow.
    WNvKAes.png

Thanks @an_alt! I'll take the knife that came with it as another gift.

steam_sig.png
    Steam Badger A greasemonkey script for better gifting and peering
  • Options
    CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014

Yeah, and I just bought both. Because $20! Shit, I'd be dumb not to spend money!

I have literally just acquired $20 in Amazon monies.
    Speak to me, thread - given I do like me some turn-based strategy, and I do love some Alpha Centauri, but I do have something else of that ilk to play (Endless Legend) , and given I know nothing about Shadow of Mordor, but apparently murdering Orcs is Super Awesome...how shall I spend my money?

(I really need one of those celebrity deathmatch-esque videos for this)

ETA: And apparently all the OT means I haven't played a game enough ni the last two weeks to make my sig happy...wow.

CroakerBC on
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    @EvmaAlsar‌ continues to prove inability to leave an American holiday alone by gifting me Valkyria Chronicles.

With my internet I estimate both this and Alien lasting me till christmas. Because that's when they'll be done downloading.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I'd say go mordor. But then again, I never even got around to playing more than one game of ciV:BNW

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    I'd go with Mordor as well. It's a really damn good game while BE sounds like it's in dire need of some expansion packs to get it up to snuff.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    FlorinFlorin Registered User regular
    This always troubles me, so I have to ask. On the store page, who is the guy standing between Heavy and Soldier, is it the Pyro?

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Florin wrote: »
    This always troubles me, so I have to ask. On the store page, who is the guy standing between Heavy and Soldier, is it the Pyro?

Yeah, you can see the symbol on his/her arm.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    How long do I have to wait from the time I have a problem to emailing Gabe Newell directly?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    How long do I have to wait from the time I have a problem to emailing Gabe Newell directly?

Valve time or realtime?

• Options
    AsheAshe Registered User regular
    CroakerBC wrote: »

Speak to me, thread - given I do like me some turn-based strategy, and I do love some Alpha Centauri, but I do have something else of that ilk to play (Endless Legend) , and given I know nothing about Shadow of Mordor, but apparently murdering Orcs is Super Awesome...how shall I spend my money?

ETA: And apparently all the OT means I haven't played a game enough ni the last two weeks to make my sig happy...wow.

Mordor. It is fantastic, and the nemesis system will bring you joy.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Dammit. My amazon data smuggling seems to no longer work. I just wanted to grab a code for Civ V Complete to give my little sister who is getting her first own computer this Christmas! Why do you make it hard for me to give you money, amazon?

Well, time to turn to Nuuvem. Those guys are usually less of a pain.

EDIT: Dammit, those neither? The guys at 2K are really cracking down on data smuggling, aren't they. I already had to jump some hoops to get Beyond Earth at normal US price and now getting Civ V is being a pain.

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Good news everybody! I have been allowed back into our home after the PayPal transgression (she is forgiving almost to a fault). The better news is that I've opened up and counted up my annual spare-change jar *steeples fingers*

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FirebirdFirebird Harbinger....of.....~something. Registered User regular
    Happy Black Friday to all!

May your day be filled with deals and be mob-free.
    (Man, do I hate this day...)

steam_sig.png

STEAM ID: Firebird
    XBOX Live: FirebirdLR
    Playstation: FirebirdXR
  • Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular

Pyro without facemask is just cheap cosplay/impostor. ):<

• Options
    FlorinFlorin Registered User regular
    edited November 2014

Well, then this is a huge reveal, we don't know if the Pyro is a he or she indeed, but at least we know it's human.

Florin on
  • Options
    GokerzGokerz Registered User regular

It's my go to game if I have some time to kill right now. I have been at 100% completed for some time, and still go back to it. It just feels really awesome to slowwalk through Mordor as Lithariel, the Warrior Commander of the Tribesmen of Nurn and just leave a trail of devastation behind you.
    If you start it put me on your friends list. I want to do Vendetta missions against Orc Commanders dumb enough to attack fellow PA forumites any chance I get.

causality.png
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    How realistic would it be for me to run Mordor on my laptop? I've got an AMD Radeon HD 6755G2 - 1 GB discrete card that works along side the AMD A8 built in graphics and 8GB RAM.

Anyone running similar specs?

I can run Bioshock Infinite on medium pretty decently.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    Gokerz wrote: »

It's my go to game if I have some time to kill right now. I have been at 100% completed for some time, and still go back to it. It just feels really awesome to slowwalk through Mordor as Lithariel, the Warrior Commander of the Tribesmen of Nurn and just leave a trail of devastation behind you.
    If you start it put me on your friends list. I want to do Vendetta missions against Orc Commanders dumb enough to attack fellow PA forumites any chance I get.

Convincing.
    Shall see if it's still up when I get back from the office!

• Options
    subisubi Registered User regular
    mafia II

Loading...?

• Options
    FredZ89FredZ89 Huehuehueh Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    So, those who bought/received The Long Dark, have you tried it? How's the game? I know it is still in early alpha phase but the concept seems interesting!

EDIT: I just read that the game takes place in Canada. As a Canadian, I think I need this game in my Steam library now.

FredZ89 on
    Currently Playing: MH4U
    My Steam profile
    3DS: 1435-3951-4785
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    Panda4You wrote: »
    That Pyro is a Spy!

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    awbtm0clf3hr.jpg

Darnit @Spoit!

Also, no fair taking advantage of my irrational weakness for games featuring hexes in any way. :razz:

Thanks! <3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Reminder that this thing is still a thing!
    It's a Steam Sale! Woot!

Wait, what? Some of the BEST THINGS are not on sale?

That ain't right. Let me help fix it.

Here's a thing. A thing that follows up on what was absolutely* the GOTY 2013:

signature.png

Open to G&T peoples. Happy Gatsgiving! Closes next Monday.

If you disagree, you may have a damaged soul and should seek help.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    awbtm0clf3hr.jpg

Darnit @Spoit!

Also, no fair taking advantage of my irrational weakness for games featuring hexes in any way. :razz:

Thanks! <3<3<3

Hmmm.... *takes notes*

Now, does this include all meanings of the word "hex"?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    MASSIVE thanks to @EvmaAlsar for his gifts of: Papers, Please, Rogue Legacy and Metal Slug 3! Should make for a fun way to spend my snowy day today. I fully intend to play Papers, Please in true faux-Russian style. That is to say, hammered drunk.

Thanks again!

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    Panda4You wrote: »
    That Pyro is a Spy!

A Spyro then?

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    Sangheili91Sangheili91 Registered User regular

Does this activate on Steam?

• Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular

Does this activate on Steam?
    Steam account required for game activation and installation.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    signature.png

The Jackbox Party Pack is really great.

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    My internet is back!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    subisubi Registered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    My internet is back!

What happened ????

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Still can't sign into steamgifts. That shit will never get old, I'm sure.

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    I finally got a new gpu and upgraded my ram, at last I'm ready to tackle all the stuff from my backlog that my rig couldn't do justice to.
    Dead Rising 3, I'm coming for you!

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    f3rretf3rret Registered User regular
    @FredZ89‌
    FredZ89 wrote: »
    So, those who bought/received The Long Dark, have you tried it? How's the game? I know it is still in early alpha phase but the concept seems interesting!

EDIT: I just read that the game takes place in Canada. As a Canadian, I think I need this game in my Steam library now.

Buy it, it's worth the money. The Early Access is Sandbox only (no story yet), but it's very fun. The art is beautiful to look at, the game is challenging and quite fun. I hope you like wolves and freezing to death!

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.