As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

NOBODY EXPECTS THE FERELDEN [INQUSITION] especially if you never leave the Hinterlands

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    Fenris was pretty alright.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    5/10 dragons down.

Wooo!

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular

Yeah but he wasn't tevinter, he was property (to them).

Doesn't count.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    I think I found the National Anthem of Orlais.

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    wrong thread whoops

Oghulk on
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Fenris is totally tevinter

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    101101 Registered User regular
    Story spoilers
    so are the cutscenes in the grey warden stuff at the desert/adamant supposed to have really Long awkward pauses, or is that just my game crapping the bed?

• Options

Doesn't count.

He was born and raised in Tevinter, so yeah it does.
    -Tal wrote: »

Totally. Cat still does his toasts in Tevinterish.

• Options
    When people say tevinter sucks what they mean is the tevinter magisters suck

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    I feel like peeps from Tevinter should have German accents or something.

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Why

Tevinter seems based on the Byzantine Empire

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    (which was also a massive slaveholding society far into the Middle Ages)

• Options
    Because it's a cool accent and the Italian accent is already taken in Thedas.

• Options
    Though Byzantine Rome was more Greek then oh fuck it you know what I'm saying.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    101 wrote: »
    Story spoilers
    so are the cutscenes in the grey warden stuff at the desert/adamant supposed to have really Long awkward pauses, or is that just my game crapping the bed?
    The game just craps the bed during those scenes

Maddoc on
  • Options
    But the Anderfels are German and Nevarra kind of is too

Greek accents for tevinter

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    WHERE DID DUNCAN GET THIS GIANT NOVELTY GOBLET I FELL IN SEND HELP
    687F3CB2251F11402A3000C0069F087CCD8086C7

I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• Options
    JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    I've been running around with Dorian, Bull and Solas, and there's such an amazing contentious dynamic there. Solas and Bull both shit on Dorian constantly for his 'vint-y tendencies. Dorian fights with Bull about the Qunari's propensity to kill Tevinters, shits on Solas, asking him to "make the flowers bloom with his song", and Solas is constantly arguing with Bull about the merits of the Qun.

There was a great moment last night in Old Crestwood:
    We're talking to that spirit, and Bull says something to the effect of "Why should we help you again? So you can take up residence in one of our minds?" The Spirit, with perfect comedic timing, goes "Your mind bears no interest," and Bull goes "Works for me!" And then IMMEDIATELY after the conversation Dorian starts talking with fascination about how the Tevinter literally enslave spirits to power what sounds like technology of some sort. I could almost hear both Solas and Bull share a brief knowing glance, and then both shake their heads; the first time they have even remotely agreed on something.

Srsly tho Dorian keep talking shit about elves and I'll cut off your mustache and wear it as a unibrow.

signature.png

• Options
    useruser Registered User regular
    Is anyone else finding that crafting Staves is very lackluster compared to equivalent weapons for other classes?

Like, a found purple or blue bow, dagger, sword or what have you can be worse or just a smidge better than the Tier 2 Crafted version, but the rare or better staves are nearly double the DPS of what I can craft. Unfortunately, I just don't have much luck finding enough of them for my team's 4 mages.

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    JohnHam wrote: »
    I've been running around with Dorian, Bull and Solas, and there's such an amazing contentious dynamic there. Solas and Bull both shit on Dorian constantly for his 'vint-y tendencies. Dorian fights with Bull about the Qunari's propensity to kill Tevinters, shits on Solas, asking him to "make the flowers bloom with his song", and Solas is constantly arguing with Bull about the merits of the Qun.

There was a great moment last night in Old Crestwood:
    We're talking to that spirit, and Bull says something to the effect of "Why should we help you again? So you can take up residence in one of our minds?" The Spirit, with perfect comedic timing, goes "Your mind bears no interest," and Bull goes "Works for me!" And then IMMEDIATELY after the conversation Dorian starts talking with fascination about how the Tevinter literally enslave spirits to power what sounds like technology of some sort. I could almost hear both Solas and Bull share a brief knowing glance, and then both shake their heads; the first time they have even remotely agreed on something.

Srsly tho Dorian keep talking shit about elves and I'll cut off your mustache and wear it as a unibrow.

Because his culture was build on the bones of the elves

Also I Iron Bull
    Don't know if I want to go back and revisit the Iron Bull Personal Quest

Mainly because the lives of like six soldiers might not be worth sacrificing an alliance and turning Iron Bull a Tal-Vashoth. Then again, does the Inquisition really need the Qunari, given they could possibly ally themselves with the Tavinter at some point.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    user wrote: »
    Is anyone else finding that crafting Staves is very lackluster compared to equivalent weapons for other classes?

Like, a found purple or blue bow, dagger, sword or what have you can be worse or just a smidge better than the Tier 2 Crafted version, but the rare or better staves are nearly double the DPS of what I can craft. Unfortunately, I just don't have much luck finding enough of them for my team's 4 mages.

I just crafted a masterwork tier 2 greatsword with over 200 aoe DPS

An equivalent tier 2 masterwork staff has just over 100

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    user wrote: »

I just crafted a masterwork tier 2 greatsword with over 200 aoe DPS

An equivalent tier 2 masterwork staff has just over 100

Well you have 100 less autoattack DPS but you can also set everyone on fire.

signature.png

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    I don't really get why people feel Sera has brain damage

She's definitely loopy, but exhausting all her in-Haven dialogue options after recruiting her makes it quite clear she has all her faculties and is just rather manic. Her analysis of your various party members are all rather spot on.

She's malkavian-lite, without the total actual insanity.

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular

Doesn't count.

He was born and raised in Tevinter, so yeah it does.
    -Tal wrote: »

Totally. Cat still does his toasts in Tevinterish.

Yeah, thinking on it, I was misrembering. Thought of him mainly as some magister's pet project. Never really interacted with him much in DA2.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    My best staff is one I crafted because I have picked up MAYBE three staves in 9 levels and none of them were better than Common
    seriously that shit needs to be bumped up a bit

• Options
    Hey those respec amulets the blacksmith sells
    how come he has two identical ones for wildly different prices

• Options
    I don't really get why people feel Sera has brain damage

She's definitely loopy, but exhausting all her in-Haven dialogue options after recruiting her makes it quite clear she has all her faculties and is just rather manic. Her analysis of your various party members are all rather spot on.

She's malkavian-lite, without the total actual insanity.

She word vomits a lot, but talking to her, she's actually pretty great.

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    My assumption is that one is really low-priced so that if you totally eff yourself you can get out of it once with minimal consequence, but they probably didn't want you doing it constantly.

signature.png

• Options

He's a pusher man
    First hit's cheap, but the next one...

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    My best staff is one I crafted because I have picked up MAYBE three staves in 9 levels and none of them were better than Common
    seriously that shit needs to be bumped up a bit

you should get a badass staff from completing the "side with the mages" quest

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options

because you can only buy the cheap one once

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options

There's only one of the 1 gold one

After that you have to pay

• Options
    I waited until I got my specialization and then respecced so I could lean full on into being a Rift Mage and summoning meteors and opening portals of death

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Oh Jesus of course that's genius

• Options
    Also, I love Sera's little room in the tavern. That shit looks cozy as hell.

• Options
    I am already looking forward to my Joan of Arc YES I AM THE WILL OF THE MAKER MADE FLESH playthrough

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    I wish I could romance the tavern bard.

signature.png

• Options
    Thinking on it though

Spells tend to have higher multipliers than melee skills

So it probably ends up balancing out

Pretty sure weapons can't regularly bust out 1600% weapon damage nukes

• Options
    I wish I could romance Harding.

• Options
    It's interesting to see the changes they've made to the various systems
    I was surprised when I realized that it selects your attributes automatically when you level up, and the tactics function has been hella streamlined, which, fine by me

This discussion has been closed.